Switched Up

By perksof_being_payton

We all know the story of how Sang and the Blackbourne Team met. But what if, Sang had never tried to run awa... More

Prologue- Rewritten
Chapter 1- Rewritten
Chapter 2-Rewritten
Chapter 3- Rewritten
A Report- Rewritten
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
A Report
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New Story
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Rewriting
Chapter 40

Chapter 12

6.5K 385 72
By perksof_being_payton

So sorry for any mistakes, it's 2:30 A.M. right now where I am and I'm attempting an all-nighter to get stuff down and I wanted to get this chapter done.
Sang's P.O.V.

       Today has been mentally and emotionally exhausting, to put it simply.

     I am now sitting in Biology in front of Silas, with my head laying down on my desk.

     I want nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep. Knowing my luck, I won't be getting to do that.

After my interaction with Mr. McCoy, I don't even want to be here anymore.

Flashback to Study Hall

I walk to the back of the classroom. Something about Mr. McCoy is unsettling and I certainly don't like being the only one in the room.

I settle myself in the back, hoping that if I avoid any sort of contact, I could make it through Study Hall without any conflict.

Unfortunately, luck is not on my side today.

As I look through my bookbag, Mr. McCoy's voice interrupts me, "I bet you think you're very smart, don't you?"

I'm confused and flustered at this point, "I-I'm not sure what you mean."

I'm finally able to force myself to look at his face which has a wicked look on it. He says, "You know exactly what I mean. The skirt incident the other day," he inches closer with each word he says, "All the little sluts in this school and you're no different, are you? You like to stay on the edge of the rules, wear skirts that are slightly longer than fingertip length, so you can deny what you really are. Well I'm so damn tired of it."

I sink down into my seat, wanting nothing more than to disappear at the moment. I don't understand. I simply just want to wear a skirt because I like to wear them. What's wrong with that?

He makes his way behind me and I hear just how close he is.

Class starts soon, how am I this unlucky that nobody else has come in?

I feel his arms on my shoulders clamp down tightly and my body goes rigid.

He gets really close to my ear and whispers in my ear, "Girls like you get what's coming to them eventually."

     Finally a student walks in and he backs away, walking back to the front of the room.

Students filter in and when it's time to start he says, "Welcome back students. This is your study hall as you all know. No phones, no talking, no distractions. Now, everybody stand up, I'm doing assigned seats."

I stand on shaky legs and walk to the side of the room, phasing out whoever Mr. McCoy. My heart is racing, my mouth is dry, and my throat feels constricted.

"Sang Sorensen!," Mr. McCoy barks my name and I'm brought back to reality. He glares at me and points at the desk directly in front of his own.

I duck my head and sit down in my seat. I look at the person to my right and almost do a double take.

Greg from homeroom sends me a quick wink.

Fantastic.

End of Flashback

My trance is broken by a nudge on my back.

"Sang Sorensen," the teacher calls, I assume for the second time now.

I raise my hand and the teacher nods, moving on to the next student.

The teacher begins going over the agenda for today, when I shift my legs under the desk. When I hit something, I look down and I see Silas shifting his legs from underneath my seat to underneath his desk. He's much bigger than the desk and looks severely uncomfortable.

I whisper to him, "You can put your legs back under my seat."

He whispers back, "No, I'm fine, don't worry about it."

I narrow my eyes playfully at him, "Just put them under there. You just took me by surprise, you're not bothering me. Just don't be too surprised if I accidentally kick you."

He grins and sticks his legs back underneath my desk, stretching them until they surround my crossed ankles, "Ditto."

We sit like that for the rest of class, paying close attention to the teacher. Occasionally, our legs would brush against each other, but neither of us said anything.

At the end of class, I tell him goodbye and head to my next class, which is Japanese in Room 212.

I find my way quickly to the classroom, finding a seat all the way in the back again.

Several students are already in there, waiting for class to begin.

The teacher is busy writing on the board and I busy myself with getting my stuff out.

Victor walks in, smiling and setting his stuff in the seat in front of me.

We talk for a few minutes, just about our schoolwork.

       The teacher turns around and I'm shocked by his appearance. He seems way too young to be a teacher. He is tall with tapered shoulders and a trim body. He has sandy blond hair with gentle curls to the middle of his ears, and a kind heart-shaped face that is accented with beautiful green eyes.

        He calls everybody's name before introducing himself.

      "Good afternoon everyone, I'm Dr. Green."

       Victor and I both mutter a response while the rest of the class groans in acknowledgement.

     He laughs and crosses his arms, "I think my class is missing. I guess I'll have to mark everyone absent. I  believe I said good afternoon."

      There's a low rumble of a response back to him. He simply shakes his head before walking around.

     "Today we are going to start with a partner assignment. I'll give you guys a few minutes to pick your partners before I tell you the assignment."

   Victor turns around, "Want to be partners?"

    I nod and smile at him.

     A few minutes pass before Dr. Green speaks up again, "Today's assignment will be very simple. I want you guys to construct a list of what you know about Japan."

      With that, he leaves us to our assignment.

      Victor turns in his seat to face me as I ask him, "What do you know about Japan?"

      A slight smile grows on his face, "They grow rice."

      "Do you want me to write or do you want to?," I ask him.

     "You write,"he says, "Your handwriting is nicer."

I raise an eyebrow, "How would you know that?"

       He shrugs, "Girls always have nice handwriting. You probably write all swirly and with hearts and stuff."

       That makes me laugh, "I don't usually. I can if you want me to."

     At the top of our paper, I write my name plainly and his in a girly way, using a heart over the "i".

     He looks at it and laughs, "You're too damn cute, Sang."

     I blush slightly, silently thanking him.

     Suddenly we are interrupted by Dr. Green, "Victor?"

     Victor straightens up, look fin serious now, "Dr. Green."

         "If you're going to flirt with Sang here, do it in Japanese," Dr. Green tells him, "I believe you were saying she is cute? In Japanese, you would say kawa...," Victor interrupts him quickly.

    "I'm not doing that," he turns his face away, looking embarrassed.

     "No? In that case allow me to demonstrate," his hand suddenly wraps around mine gently, "Kimi ga ite shiawase. Koi ni ochite shimatta."

    Dr. Green retracts his hand, looking slightly smug at Victor, "That, is how you talk to a lady."

      I look up at him, "What did that mean?"

      He grins at me, "When you figure it out, I'll give you an automatic A on your next test. For now, let's finish this assignment guys."

      Victor and I continue the assignment and right before class ends, we turn it in.

      Victor walks me out of the room, "You have Gym next, right?"

      I nod and he tells me, "Have fun. I'll see you tomorrow."

        I tell him goodbye before making my way to the Gymnasium.

      Only one more class before this day is over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.5K 36
After making a tough and final decision to leave home where family clearly didn't want her, Sang meets Phil and is joined into the academy very quick...
490K 20K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...
63K 2.8K 21
Almost a year ago the Blackbourne Toma team broke up with their high school sweetheart of seven years Veronica. Now after nearly a year a sudden phon...
219K 7.7K 42
The Blackbourne Toma team is visiting Uncle at his diner when a mysterious woman and little girl shows up surprising Uncle. How does Uncle know them...