With Every Step Forward (Negl...

By Dracopyre321

Y/N Rose is the middle child of the Xiao Long/Rose family, being Ruby's older twin brother. Life was great... More

Y/N Bio
Prologue Part 1/2: A Little Rose
Harem
Harem Update
Prologue 2/2: A New Home
Harem Update 2
Chapter 1: A New Rose
Chapter 2: Awakening
Chapter 3: Revealing the Truth
Chapter 4: Classes and Training
Chapter 5: Jaune Grows and Faunus Trouble
Chapter 6: Fight With the Fang
Volume 2
Chapter 7: Best Day Ever!
Chatper 8: Greeting an Army
Chapter 9: Awakening Pt. II
Chapter 10: Sharing the News
Chapter 11: Taking Inventory
Chapter 12: The Dance
Chapter 13: Field Trip
Chapter 14: The Reason Why
Chapter 15: The Real Reason
Chapter 16: The Long Ride
Chapter 17: Breaking Point
Y/N Bio Updated
Volume 3
Chapter 18: The First Round
Chapter 19: Gathering Info
Chapter 20: A Brawl Between Families
Chapter 21: Reunion
Chapter 22: Tastes Like Victory
Chapter 23: Giving a Choice
Chapter 24: Consequences and Conviction
Chapter 25: The Battle Between Kings
Chapter 26: Fear
Chapter 27: Battle of Beacon
Chapter 28: Unexpected Surprises, the Good and the Bad
Chapter 29: Chaos of the End
Chapter 30: Aftermath
Volume 4
Chapter 31: The Next Step Forward
Chapter 32: The Days Pass
Chapter 33: Fixing a Mistake
Chapter 34: Running
Chapter 36: Welcome Home
Chapter 37: Closing In
Chapter 38: Punishment and Consequence
Chapter 39: A Much Needed Talk
Chapter 40: Uncertainty
Chapter 41: A Hard Pill To Swallow
Chapter 42: Desolation
Chapter 43: Trials
Chapter 44: Arrival
Volume 5
Chapter 45: Welcome to Haven
Chapter 46: Dread Everywhere
Chapter 47: New Information
Chapter 48: What We Seek
Chapter 49: Unforeseen Truths
Chapter 50: Welcome Back
Chapter 50.5: The Twin Roses (Ruby Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 51: Decisions to Make
Chapter 51.5: A Night Out (Filler)
Chapter 52: I Burn For You (Yang Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 52.5: A Good Omen (Raven Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 52.75: A Mother's Love (Summer Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 53: Alone Together
Chapter 54: The Perfect Storm
Chapter 55: A Person's True Colors
Chapter 56: It Begins
Chapter 57: Confusion and Surprise
Chapter 58: Epiphany
Chapter 59: Together
Chapter 59.5: The Most Enjoyable Ice Cream (Neo Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 60: A Much Needed Explanation
Chapter 60.25: Mischievous Cats (Blake Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 60.5: Thunder and Lightning (Nora Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 60.75: Deflowering the Princess (Weiss Lemon, 18+)
Volume 6: Annoucement And Recap
Chapter 61: Planning Our Next Step
Chapter 61.5: Blooming Roses (Ruby/Summer Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 62: Return to Vale (+62.5: Required Extra Credit (Glynda Lemon, 18+))
Chapter 63: The Forbidden Tower
Chapter 64: Argus Ahead
Chapter 65: Relighting the Beacon
Chapter 66: Lost
Chapter 67: Truth
Chapter 68: Heightened Emotions
Chapter 69: Noice
Chapter 69.5: Overprotective (Saphron/Terra Lemon, 18+)
Chapter 70: Protection

Chapter 35: Looking Forward

6.2K 144 115
By Dracopyre321

Farm Boy's POV

The simple farmhand.  He goes through his days, doing his chores.  One day, as he is doing them, he notices that there's something... off about himself.  He looks in the mirror, looking closely at his own face.

Farm Boy:  "...Hello?" he asks his reflection.

When he gets no response, he hangs his head in relief.  When he does though...

???:  Hello!  I'm Professor Ozpi-"

Farm Boy:  "Ah!"

He's startled by the voice and falls backwards on his butt.  He hears his aunt's voice in the distance.

Aunt:  "Oscar!  You better be careful with those tools!"

Yang's POV, Yang's Dream

Yang sees herself standing in a dimly lit building, screams all around her.  She looks down and see both of her hands, then looks up to see Adam Taurus walking towards her.  Alarmed, she get into a battle stance, but sees her gauntlets on her arms.  She opens fire, but none of her shells seem to hit him. 

When it looks like she cant fire anymore, her gauntlets and her right arm disappears.  He gets right in front on her, draws his sword, and-

Reality

Yang gasps as she wakes up from her nightmare.  She looks over to her nightstand to see the new arm.  She puts on a jacket and goes downstairs, where she hears laughing.

Professor Port:  "And- and- and then, in comes Qrow, wearing a skirt!  I was just a T.A. I...I didn't know what to do, so I just left the room to laugh!"

She sees Summer, Dr. Oobleck, Professor Port, and Glynda all in the kitchen telling stories.

Summer:  "Yeah, we told him it was a kilt!  He'd never worn a uniform before so he didn't know!  Ha!"

Dr. Oobleck:  "That's just terrible!  What's wrong with you!"

Summer:  "Hey!  The girls all said he had nice legs!  I did that jerk a favor!"  They all laugh again.  "Besides, that's not even the best part!  See, then we-"

She's interrupted by Professor Port putting his leg on the table.

Professor Port:  "Like what you see?"

Glynda:  "Oh please, no one wants to see those things!"

They all start laughing, until Professor Port loses his balance and falls to the ground.  Then everyone, including Yang now, starts laughing harder.

Professor Port:  "Oh, um, Miss Xiao Long!  Please, join us."

Dr. Oobleck:  "Yes, yes pull up a chair.  Please, pull up a chair."

Yang:  "I'm good."  She sits on the counter next to Summer. 

Glynda:  "It's good to see you Miss Xiao Long."Yang:  "It's good to see you too.  So what are you three doing here?"

Dr. Oobleck:  "Despite popular belief, teachers do have a life outside the classroom."

Summer:  "Yeah, if you're lucky."

Glynda:  "I've been working around the clock to fix the school, but it's been a challenge."

Professor Port:  "But Mistral wasn't built in a day, and we all need a break from time to time."

Glynda:  "I wanted to visit to take a break, but then these two came along."

Summer:  "Let's stop worrying about that right now, about who dragged who along."

Glynda starts snickering while Dr. Oobleck and Professor Port look around like they have no idea what she's talking about.

Summer:  "Anyway, so there we were, standing in the auditorium, looking at Qrow wearing a skirt!  Then Ozpin tells everyone:  'It's time to work on our landing strategy!'"

Dr. Oobleck:  "The Branwen twins have always been... interesting, to say the least."

Professor Port:  "That didn't seem to stop young Summer."

Yang:  "Mom, what is he talking about?"

Summer:  "Well, I, umm... might have gone after your Uncle Qrow once or twice..."

Yang:  "What!?  That surly drunk!?  I don't believe it!"

Glynda:  "Yeah, I wish I didn't either."

Summer:  "Nothing ever happened, don't worry!  He shot me down.  But that's okay!  I have Y/N now!"

Glynda:  "Yes, we all do."

Summer:  "Yeah!  So lay off Pete!"

Professor Port:  "Oh come now, she's a mature woman now.  She can handle knowing a thing or two about her old lady."

Summer:  "That's not the issue here.  Besides, she's still a teenager."

Yang:  "'She' is also in the room and can be directly spoken to."  She gets off the counter.  "And 'I' think I've been through enough to be considered an adult at this point."

Summer:  "Adult or not, you still got a long way to go before you're ready for the real world."

Yang:  "Oh my gosh!  Does every mom just have the same three condescending phases?"

Summer:  "Yeah, but we only use them when we mean it!"

Yang:  "Is that so?"

Summer:  "As a matter of fact, it is so, so there!  Bleh!"  She sticks her tongue out.

Meanwhile, Professor Port, Dr. Oobleck, and Glynda are becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

Summer:  "If you honestly think that you're ready to go out there on your own, well, guess you lost some brain cells along with that arm of yours!"

Now that shocked everyone.  Everyone's looking at Summer now.  Dr. Oobleck even dropped his cup.

Everyone (thoughts):  "I can't believe she said that!"

Yang:  "You jerkface!" She says smiling and playfully punches her. 

Now they're both laughing while the other three are confused.

Dr. Oobleck:  "Are we finally talking about the Goliath in the room?"

They pause for second, then Summer and Yang laugh even harder, prompting laughter from the rest of the room.

Glynda:  "Miss Xiao Lo-" She stops herself.  "Yang, why haven't you tried on the arm yet?"

Dr. Oobleck:  "Oh yes yes!  A piece of Atlas technology being given out like that is rare indeed, not to mention the effort it took to deliver it here."

Professor Port:  "It seems that a lot of people want to see you return to your old self."

Yang:  "I'm... scared.  Everyone keeps talking about me getting back to normal and I appreciate it.  But... this is normal now.  It's just... taking me a while to get used to it."

Summer:  "Well, normal is what you make of it."

Yang:  "What is that supposed to mean?  Do you want me to pretend nothing happened?  I lost a part of me.  A piece of me is gone and it's never coming back."

Summer:  "You're right.  It's not coming back."  There's a small silence.  "But that doesn't have to stop you from becoming who you want to be. 

Yang:  "I..."

Summer:  "Yang, you know what your brother did after he woke up? The first thing he did after talking to me and Qrow and learning what happened was he got up out of bed.  You saw that leg of his.  He was wobbling all over the place."

The teachers look down, knowing exactly what she meant and are reminded of that night. 

Summer:  "Me and Ruby offered to help him and you know what he said?"

Yang:  "What?"

Summer:  "He said 'No, I'm fine.  I need to do this myself if I want to get better at it.'"

Yang:  "That sure sounds like him."

Summer:  "Yup.  You know where he went?"

Yang:  "No?"

Summer:  "He went to visit you.  The first thing he did after he got up for the first time was to see you.  You're my little Yang.  His sunny little dragon.  You can do whatever you want to do do.  So whenever you're ready to stop moping and get back out there, I'll be there for you."

Yang:  "I... um..."

Professor Port:  "Fear is like any other emotion.  It comes and goes.  It's all in how you handle it.  Why, even I find myself wrestling with that emotions from time to time."

Yang:  "Really?  You?"

Glynda (whispers):  "He's afraid of mice."

Professor Port:  "They bring only disease and famine!" He says as he slams his fist on the table.  "And don't even get me started on their tails!  So hairless, simply unnatural!"

Summer looks on at Yang as she's laughing harder than she's seen her do in a long time.

Small Timeskip

Yang goes up the stairs to her room.

Yang:  "Good night!" she yells down.

She walks into her room and sees the arm on the nightstand.  She hears noises from outside and goes to peek through the window, where she sees the four adults talking.

Professor Port:  "Thanks for having us over Summer."

Summer:  "Anytime.  You're always welcome."

Dr. Oobleck:  "It may be a while before we return.  There is still much work to be done at the school."

Professor Port:  "I... hesitate to ask but... is there any word from young Miss Rose?"

Summer:  "...not yet."  She says dejected.

Glynda:  "What about Y/N?"

Summer:  "Nothing since he left, but he did leave something for you." 

She hands her a note.  Glynda takes it and opens it.

Glynda:  "That little...! I'm gonna kill him!"

The note simply reads:

Glynda,

You know how you started liking 'Professor Glynda' and I had to come up with something else?  Well...

I love you,
My Milfwitch

After she finally calms down, Dr. Oobleck speaks up.

Dr. Oobleck:  "Have you thought about going after them?  Trying to bring them home?"

Summer:  "*sighs* I've got to... look after some things."

Yang shoes away from the window, knowing she's holding her back.

Ruby's POV

Its been about a week since Shion.  They've come across a couple of small settlements, but nothing huge.

Ruby:  "Come on guys!  If we pick up the pace we can hit the next town before sunset."

Jaune:  "Assuming it's still there..."

Ruby:  "Don't be such a downer!  Of course it'll be there!  This one's supposed to be pretty big.  Hee... gan... bay... na...?"

Ren:  "Higanbana.  It's a well-protected village with a popular inn."

Nora:  "Which means... No camping in the rain!"

Ruby:  "See?  Everything's gonna be fine!"

Jaune:  "You know, we've had a lot of ups and downs, but things could be a lot worse.  Really thought we'd see more Grimm."

Ren:  "As did I."

Nora:  "Looks Like our luck's finally turning around!  To Higanbana!"

3rd Person POV

Unbeknownst to them, a Beowolf is observing them from the cliff above.  It starts to lunge before getting a greatsword shoved through it.

Qrow and Neo are standing at the top of the cliff with more Beowolf corpses around them.  He spots a raven in the tree beside them and it flies off into the distance.

Qrow:  "Hmph, 'luck'."

In Higanbana

Team RNJR starts to check into the inn.  Across the street, Qrow and Neo are sitting in a bar.

Neo:  'Qrow, aren't we a bit too close?'

Qrow:  "It's fine, they won't come here.  Besides, it's pouring rain."

A waitress comes over with a drink for him and sets it down.

Qrow:  "Oh, I didn't-"

Waitress:  "From the woman upstairs.  Red eyes.  Said you wouldn't mind a bottom shelf."  They both look upstairs.

Qrow:  "Thanks."

Waitress:  "But I went ahead and gave you top.  Lucky you!"  She winks and makes a flirty face at him.

As she walks away, he just stares with a grin on his face.

Neo:  'Qrow!  It's like she didn't even see me!'

Qrow:  "She must've known there's no way a kid like you could be with me."

She pouts.

Neo:  'I'm telling Y/N when we see him!'

Qrow:  "Yeah yeah, go ahead.  Worst he'll do is just berate me."

He picks up his drink and gets up.

Qrow:  "Yeah."  He starts to walk away.  "Neo, stay here.  This shouldn't take long."

He walks up the stairs and sees his sister sitting in a chair.

Raven:  "Hello, Brother."

Qrow:  "Raven."

He walks over to her a takes a seat.

Qrow:  "So, what do you want?"

Raven:  "A girl can't just catch up with her family?"

Qrow:  "She can, but you're not.  How about we get on with it?  Unless you plan on keeping these coming." He says, taking a drink.

Raven:  "Does she have it?"

There's a silence.  Qrow's just playing with his glass.  He speaks up.

Qrow:  "Did you know Yang lost her arm?"

Raven:  "That's not-"

Qrow:  "Rhetorical question, I know you know.  It's just obnoxious that you bring up family then carry on like your daughter doesn't exist."

Raven:  "I saved her."

Qrow:  "Yeah, once.  Because that was your rule, right?  Real 'Mom of the Year' material, Sis."  She grabs his arm.

Raven:  "I told you Beacon would fall, and it did.  I told you Ozpin would fail, and he has.  Now you tell me.  Does.  Salem.  Have it?"

Qrow:  "I thought you weren't interested in all that."

Raven:  "I just want to know what we're up against."

Qrow:  "And which 'we' are you referring to?"

She lets go.  He smiles and picks up his drink.

Qrow:  "You should come back Raven.  The only way we beat her is by working together.  All of us."

Raven:  "You're the one who left.  The tribe raised us.  And you turned your back on them."

Qrow:  "They were killers and thieves."

Raven:  "They were your family."

Qrow:  "You have a very skewed perception of that word, you know that?"

This causes her to get up out of her chair.

Raven:  "I lead our people now."  She says confidently.  "And as leader I will do everything in my power to ensure our survival."

Qrow:  "I saw.  The people of Shion saw too."

Raven:  "The weak die, the strong live.  Those are the rules."

Qrow:  "Well, you've certainly got someone strong on your side.  I've seen the damage."

Raven:  "We couldn't have known the Grimm would set in as quickly as they did."

Qrow:  "I'm not talking about the Grimm, and I'm not talking about you either."

Raven:  "If you don't know where the Relic is, then we have nothing left to talk about."

Qrow:  "Actually, we do.  Two things.  First off, I don't know where the Spring Maiden is either.  But if you do, I need you to tell me."

Raven:  "And why would I do that?"

Qrow:  "Because without her, we'll all going to die."

Raven:  "And which 'we' are you referring to?"

They hear the front door slam open.

???:  "All of us."

Qrow and Raven hear a voice coming from the entrance.  They can see a sopping wet cloaked individual.

Y/N's POV

Raven:  "Ah yes, Y/N Rose."

Qrow:  "'Bout time you showed up kid."

Neo:  'Y/N!'

You go ahead and hug Neo, bringing her upstairs with you.

Raven:  "To what do I owe the... unexpected pleasure?"

Qrow:  "Remember how I said there were two things?  Well, you see, you're not the only one with someone powerful on your side."

Raven:  "This runt?  He's strong, but not strong enough to defeat Spring, must less Salem."

Qrow:  "See, that's where you're wrong.  You're talking to the Red Dragon Emperor here.  He defeated Fall the night Beacon fell."

Raven:  "You?" She pauses for a moment.  "Well, that does change a few things.  Y/N, I never did come by your room.  Why don't you join me?  Together, we can defeat Salem."

Y/N:  "As tempting as that sounds, I'm gonna have to say no.  You see, from what Qrow's told me, your particular worldview isn't exactly my cup of tea, so I'll have to respectfully decline." you do a little bow towards her.

Raven:  "Well that's too bad.  I was hoping to seduce you and make you mine, since you're so powerful."

Y/N:  "Better be careful.  Maybe I'll be the one doing the seducing."

Qrow:  "A-hem, anyway Y/N, if you're quite finished flirting with my sister and making one of your many girlfriends jealous," you look over to see Neo pouting, "You heard him Raven."

Raven:  "Very well.  But just know that I always come out on top.  Until next time, Y/N, Brother." She looks at Neo.  "Midget."

You have to hold Neo back as Raven opens a portal and walks through it.  You hear a gasp from behind you and see a waitress drops a tray with a glass on it.  Qrow holds up his drink.

Qrow:  "Make this one a double."

Y/N:  "One for me too please."

Neo:  'Really Y/N?  Drinking?'

Qrow:  "Think you're ready to drink with the big boys?"

Y/N:  "Hey, when you're as tired as I am, you just need it sometimes."

The waitress brings your drinks (cause she assumes you're of age and cause you're with Qrow).  You can't say you enjoy the taste too much, but it's not bad.

Qrow:  "Alright Y/N, what happened?"

You tell Qrow and Neo what happened on the island of Patch, leaving in all of the gruesome details.

Qrow:  "You know, I'm proud of you kid.  That bastard deserves to be torn apart by Grimm a hundred times over for what he did, but you were the bigger man."

Neo cuddles your arm.  You hold her with your dragon arm.

Y/N:  "It just didn't feel right.  But anyway, it's over now.  It's in the past now."

Inside Y/N's Mind

Ddraig:  "Svartur.  Do you feel it as well?"

Svartur:  "Yes.  There's more bleeding through and he's becoming unstable."

Ddraig:  "We've got to slow the corruption down so he can find a way to stop it."

Svartur:  "You're right.  What happened back there accelerated it.  We've gotta stop it."

Ddraig:  "For his sake, and ours."

Yang's POV

Summer's watering the flowers out in front of the house.  Yang walks out, arm equipped.

Summer:  "Good.  Now we can start."
———————————————————————-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 9.1K 114
"Death does not discriminate." -Y/n Gremory, formerly Y/n Rose. Y/n Rose was the older brother of Ruby Rose, but was abused and neglected by his fami...
80.2K 858 15
(I just though this was a good idea.) You are the adopted son to the Xiao Long/ Rose family. You were constantly neglected by everyone in the family...
30.9K 383 36
This is my second story and please help with me. This is a girl name Y/N rose and she having a hard time on her family but only who care for her is R...
7.9K 166 25
The sequel to "Every Knight has a Fiery Passion" this is not a male reader, this is a story with the Twins from the first book as the main characters...