Don't Try [Poetry]

By plumbagospirits

a testament to the troubling winds. my poetry doesn't follow any rules. ✨minimal to no cursing✨depression✨hop... More

circus of verbose foliage
faded rose quartz
bleeding defense
grow a ways
frigid sparkle stars
windy weatherbones
sub rosa
wifi on the beach
boy of freezing flame
seaswept somersault
the lunatic's blush
held sky shred
splatter of war
seasonal sentiments
floral cold
embracing one's inner skeleton
cathartic gold
swimming in twilight
pleading for some violet hue
honeysuckle up high
sometimes sunrise
just unattainable bittersweet
sway a still soul
wounds of atlas
let in new wind
the overwhelming courtesy of highland shades
pink tape pandora muse
pools of simmering promise
silkwater suicide
amber axe
luminous lovers
warm gold and cold stars
heart healings
butterknives of yesterday
temporary mending
dear sunflower, I miss him
ache of crossroads
bloody sonnetful
reflection of roses
cherry ease
setting aside a pair of ocean boots (for now)
pulsing prize
glare at the sun
lovers' symposium
heartbeat scuba dive
split-sole saturday
big jittery space
firebug fandango
short promise

not so silver lining

7 3 0
By plumbagospirits

not so silver lining

august26twenty19

sidewalk, not sidepark. but still those tire marks have me glancing down from an upturned chin, from the hasty cruel environment. learn to stand, fight you sideways, crossed and bent. learn to walk, tumble grace and double the velocity. learn to talk, improperly but hopefully, a nitpicked gray blue melody.

bend-over bones and kick hopscotch heart. jacks and screws, bounced last and senseless. nice rift, nice words, even a pair of needy hands desperate to prove. where's the pamphlet - you know, that pastel paper that advises one what to do should the product malfunction?

had to relearn how to walk, stretching into the sky. it's taxing and emotional. still so rough, you beat up box, off-kilter at the center. pull pull pull, fourth position confuses your feet but your mind more so. is it inability in a truer sense or it is a biting accusation? time never told, won't divulge its secrets to ears willing to listen.

I swear I had some memory box sentences, but they drained out in the bath. the less you think the more things pang, because we are all so destined to be pained.

untangle, retangle but prettier this time. disaster looks so much nicer when it smiles at you, when it has its homework turned in on time. manage in the ways you can, for they're the only ways you can, for what else could there be but endless pages of underlined topics and disappointment?

the underlining of the topics clouding up above would end up ruining the clouds, a fury of graphite streaks turned sparkling and sharp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 109 51
poetry book. all the things I've written that I could never say out loud. Some topics may be difficult for some people so check for disclaimers .
1K 62 85
A second poetry book, describing my pain, fear, and of course, sad moments as well as happy... You are not alone, and I'm sure you can get through th...
5K 452 190
im just a silhouette with a fading mind TRIGGER WARNING:; self harm, depression, suicide, mental illness etc.
18.1K 1.2K 33
she will fail she will cry. she will get up and she will try. she knows it's hard she knows it'll take time but in the end everything will be just f...