pulsing prize

pulsing prize

august3twenty19

catching social disease with those sharpened tongues, the stabbing syringes of civilization undoing strings. still hear those clangs; the vibrations don't quit til dawn.

charge up the level, we're not fucking around. ripe and ready and ours, thorns bloodthirsty for purpose. in it for the long run, kill it if you want.

heart sister, we found words in each other that didn't exist anywhere else. passion queued tenfold, firecrackers stuck in our chests. so young and mountainous with nowhere to go, it's gonna show.

there are those high skies and cloudy hopes that fill up my dreams and - fingers crossed - you're always there. comfort in a midnight roadtrip, the scream of the stereo, nice warmth in the dark.

gardens and rooftops and a couple white pickets, sure, but it'd be great to live in neon lights and laughter. too old in soul, too young (scared) to drive. flags of rebellion, shaved heads and dyed hair. living fast because it all feels so damn slow. starting to speed when life won't pass by fast enough.

please stay constant, so much has changed. connections fizzled out, I'm pretty sure that we're the only ones left who still talk. it may not be the skylines struck in gold, but a day of clouds is still a day.

(a/n: dedicated to deathtothecrown/angie/dad/my bestest friend, lobe lobe lobe)