Back Home (A Larry Stylinson...

By TimeToRead2485

Harry Styles became the fastest selling record artist with sold-out concerts and an award winning actor. He p... More

Chapter 1 - We had some good times, didn't we?
Chapter 2 - Happily?
Chapter 3 - Spaces between us
Chapter 4 - When we were 18
Chapter 5 - The music is so loud
Chapter 6 - The script was written
Chapter 7 - Looking in the dark
Chapter 8 - I want to write you a song
Chapter 9 - Does he know?
Chapter 10 - Story of my life
Chapter 11 - It's gotta be you
Chapter 12 - Better than words
Chapter 13 - Silence and Sounds
Chapter 14 - See you smile again
Chapter 15 - Sweet Creature
Chapter 16 - I wanna tell the world that you're mine
Chapter 17 - Tell me that I'm wrong
Chapter 19 - We don't say what we really mean
Chapter 20 - How many nights till it takes
Chapter 21 - I show you my heart
Chapter 22 - Taste of my Tongue
Chapter 23 - Midnight Memories
Chapter 24 - If I Could Fly
Chapter 25 - I get down on my knees for you
Chapter 26 - I was like... Nanana!
Chapter 27 - Perfect For You
Chapter 28 - We Made It
Home (Epilogue)

Chapter 18 - Don't Forget Where You Belong

15.6K 432 1.6K
By TimeToRead2485

Louis' POV

"C'mon Dad! Hurry up!"

"Yeah! You don't need to rush, Sunshine! We are one-hour earlier before the party starts."

"I know! But Bear and I want to play games first!"

"Did you bring our presents for the baby?"

"Yeah, they are all in the back. So let's go!"

We were invited by Liam for Gwen's baby shower. According to them, it would only be a small gathering of their families and very close friends because they didn't want to stress the pregnant woman who was in due within this week. The first who became excited was Freddie because aside from another member of our family was coming, he had the chance to play with Bear.

I wore a white long sleeves shirt tacked until my elbow, black skinny jeans and adidas shoes. Freddie wore a green adidas jumper, skinny ripped jeans and blue Nike shoes. Liam said that we could wear casual as long as we were there.

It had been one week since the incident of me ending my friendship with Harry. I must admit it really hurt me seeing him walking out with a broken heart but I had to do it for him. It was for his own good. He never showed or called me after which was a good thing because he respected my decision. All we need to do was to move on and lived our lives in separate ways.

I parked along the driveway in front of Liam's mansion. I noticed two cars were already there. Maybe we were really early and guests were on their way. Fred went down first excitedly with the presents in his hands. I followed him after.

We were greeted obviously by Bear, hugging his bestfriend and me, then they disappeared by just a second going upstairs to his room. I was left alone now, shouting for Liam telling I was already there. While waiting, I went to the living room and sat on the wide white couch checking some of the emails from my secretary.

I heard some footsteps coming closer to me. In my peripheral vision, one of the guests silently sat in the other side of the couch. I didn't pay any attention because I was busy and focused on replying from the emails. After a minute of not talking, I tried to be friendly and maybe start a conversation. But when my eyes landed to that person, it was Harry wearing a yellow sweater, black jeans and brown boots. His stares were so deadly. Maybe, he really hated me.

I sat straight, went back to my phone and ignored him. But I could still feel his gaze making me conscious. So I tried my best to pretend that he wasn't around.

After 20 minutes of an awkward silence.

"Really, Lou? You really won't talk to me?" He started.

I wanted to but I couldn't. I had to stick to my decision. And by just ignoring him was the best way for us not to argue or fight. Then, I heard footsteps, it was Liam, Gwen, Vien and Niall.

Liam's right hand was on Gwen's shoulders and his left hand was on the pregnant woman's tummy. Niall and Vien were holding hands. Obviously, both couples were happily married now. And I genuinely happy for them. Then, there were footsteps running, Bear and Freddie were panting and at the same time laughing.

They were all looking at me and Harry.

"Lou! Nice to see you here!" Vien greeted me making me just smiled at her.

"So, the food is already set. Everybody, let's go to the dining room, shall we?" Liam invited us excitedly. Then everyone followed.

I waited for Harry to stand first, but observing him, he was still sitting and looked like he was waiting for me. So, I quickly stood and walked with the rest. I saw that the table was only set for 10 people.

"Uhh, Liam, where are the other guests?" I asked looking at the delicious food.

"What? Oh, no. This dinner is really intended for us."

"Yeah. Besides, my family and friends had given me baby shower parties. And you guys weren't there. So I thought of having this dinner only just for us." Gwen explained.

"Oh, thanks darling. The presents for the babies are with Fred. I'm not sure if he already gave it to you."

"No, not yet Lou! Maybe he was engrossed in playing with Bear. Why don't you take your seat?"

"Sure! Thanks!"

When I looked around, everybody was already settled, Liam being in the head, Gwen was about to sit on Liam' left side, followed by Vien and Niall beside him. Bear was on Liam's right side, sitting after him was Fred who both of the young lads were busy chatting with out of this world topics. Then, an empty chair which was pulled by Harry whose hands were asking me to take a seat. He was always the gentleman type of person which I liked most of him. Wait! I would just pretend I didn't think that.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I had no choice but to take that seat. Once I sat, he adjusted the chair for me, pushing it forward where I was comfortable of. Then, he slowly sat beside me. I should thank him for that gesture but I chose not to.

"So, Liam, have you thought of the name of the baby?" I asked.

"Of course! She will be called, Lyka!" Liam proudly informed us.

"That's a good name! I like it!" Vien said.

"Thanks! We thought of merging my name and Liam's Mom's. So, there you go!" Gwen explained. "What about you two? When do you plan to have little Niall or Little Vien? We're not getting younger, you know?"

"Actually, Vien is already one month pregnant." Niall announced making everyone screamed for joy, congratulating the Horan couple. I stood up and reached for Niall's hand to shake his hand. Then, I caught Harry looking at my bum, so I immediately sat making him cleared his throat and raked his hair.

Everybody was busy eating and chatting at the same time. Sometimes, I joined their conversations but I noticed Harry being so quiet. It was good though, at least, I could feel like he was really not with us.

When I was about to get the spaghetti, Harry did it as well making our hands touched. The electricity felt through my veins making me flinched. So I backed out. He then took the bowl, caught a few strands of pasta and brought it to my plate making my face red.

"Is that alright? Or you want more?" He asked in smooth voice.

"I- I'm good. Thanks."

"Do you want garlic cheese bread?" He offered.

I didn't answer him, instead I just lifted my hand to reach for the plate of bread. Unfortunately, it was too far. So, again, he took it for me.

"How many do you want?"

"Two please." He shook his head and placed three instead. "Thanks!"

"You're welcome. You know... All you need to do is to ask, Babe." He whispered closer to my ear.

Calling me that nickname and the tingling sensation of his breath made me choke and burst the food inside my mouth everywhere then followed by a never-ending cough and tears forming in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" His left big hand was on my back and the other hand reached for my glass of water and brought it to my lips letting me drink. I took my time to catch my breath. His hand massaging my back helped me relaxed though.

"Dad, are you okay?" Fred worriedly asked me. I raised my index finger indicating to wait for me to be okay because I wasn't really fine. I couldn't help but to cough and tears were now streaming on my face.

"Breathe for me, Babe. Look at me!" Harry instructed cupping my cheeks to look at him. "Follow how I breathe, okay? Inhale... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale..." So I did what he told me.

After 10 minutes or so, everyone was still quiet and giving me a worried look. I already regained my composure. I took a deep breath and gave them a thumbs up making everyone smiled, then went back to where they were doing.

"Uhmm... Y- You... you can stop rubbing my back now." I told Harry removing his hand from my back. But his right hand was still holding my hands firmly. "Styles?"

"Yes?"

"Can I have my hands back?"

"Oh, sorry." He chuckled and smiled at me. I looked down my hands which turned now into pinkish and reddish as a result of Harry's tight grip.

Once we finished our dinner, we headed to the living room for the opening of presents for the baby. Everyone was settled where Liam and Gwen shared the love seat, Niall and Vien were sat in another couch with Bear and I on the other couch with Harry and Freddie in between us.

I noticed how clingy and close my son and Harry were. Freddie was leaning at Harry's side wrapping the arm of his so-called 'Paps' around his shoulder while his left small legs was on my lap which I didn't mind because he always did that to me.

I saw Niall looked at us, shaking head.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing! You three look nice in that couch!"

Harry and I looked at each other making me blush as I realized what my Irish friend was saying. Immediately, I went back to Niall showing him my signature cross-eyed face which everyone laughed at me.

Our laughs were stopped when Liam's maid approached her boss, telling him that there was another visitor waiting in front of the gate. So we let Liam left us to check the guest. And when we came back, our jaws just dropped on the floor and eyes wide open. We were glued in our places not knowing what to do.

The unexpected visitor walked closer to our couches and smiled at us.

"Hi guys!" He greeted us waving his hands awkwardly.

No one dared to speak, until Vien screamed.

"Whoa! It's you! Oh my gosh! It's really you!" She got up and quickly ran towards him and hugged him so tight. "Zayn?!"

"Hi! You must be Vien?" It was Zayn, looking as good as always with a clean shaved chin, his hair fixed in a brush up style, wearing black hoodie jumper and white shirt under it, blue denim pants and white rubber shoes.

"Y- Yeah! My name is Vien, Niall's wife. I've been dying to meet you! I am a big fan of yours!"

"Uhmm... Honey? I thought I am your favourite member?" Niall asked. He was already standing beside his wife and about to reach Zayn for a hug. "It's good to see you again, bro!"

"Me too, man!" Zayn said returning a warm hug to his former band member.

He was then tapped by Harry at the back and as he turned around he hugged him too.

"How are you, bro? It's been awhile!" Harry asked.

"Same old, same old. Liam here called me yesterday asking me to join you. So, I thought of coming over. Sorry, I was late though. I had to drive Gigi to the airport for her project in Paris."

"Bro, you are always late! What's new?!" Niall threw a joke making everyone laughed except for me.

Zayn moved forward and slowly sat beside me.

"Lou, bro?" He smiled at me raising both his arms wide waiting for me to hug him. Without a second thought, I hugged him tapping his back and so he did the same. "I'm sorry, Lou."

"I missed you." I whispered softly. That was all I said, then tears started falling. I heard Zayn sniffled as he was crying too.

"I missed you, too."

I pulled back from his hug and held his shoulders. "I'm sorry, too."

We both smiled at each other and went back to hug each other again.

After awhile, I heard some sniffles around me. I looked at the rest and everyone was in tears as well. Zayn and I stood from the couch and went to our three friends who were wiping their tears. Then, we made a group hug and remained there for a minute or so jumping and screaming just like the old days.

It was already 10 o'clock in the evening, Gwen decided to take a rest giving me a sign to bid goodbye to everyone.

"But Dad, it's Sunday tomorrow. That means I can stay awake up late! Can we at least stay for a little awhile?"

"Yeah! Please Uncle Lou! Fred and I haven't tried my new video game." Bear pleaded with a puppy eyes, raising his eyebrows like his father which made me chuckled.

"Oh, c'mon, bro! The night is still young! Plus, we have to celebrate!" Niall screamed excitedly making us confused of what he was talking about.

"Celebrate?" All of us said in unison.

"Didn't you notice? This is our first One Direction reunion after 10 years!"

"OMG! You are so right, Love!" Vien shrieked. "I need to take a picture of this epic moment!" She took her cellphone from her pocket and asked us to take a pose.

We formed a line, Liam on the very left, followed by Niall, me and Harry.

"Uhmm, Harry, can you move a little closer to Louis, please!"

Harry moved awkwardly a little closer, putting his hand on my back and showing a thumbs-up sign to the camera just like what the three of us did. We gave a genuine smile because after all this was indeed a momentous event. I just missed us being together.

Vien continued taking more and more shots making us showing different poses like doing a peace sign, wacky faces and hugging each other on the side which I was kind of hesitant of what Harry was doing to me, but thinking not to spoil the moment, I just went on with it.

Then I realized, Vien was already in tears and started crying, as Niall gently hugged her and asked the reason of her tears. And we found out, we laughed at her.

"Honey? Why are you crying again? Didn't we just cry awhile ago?" Niall asked gently rubbing his wife's back.

"I am a true Directioner, alright?! It is my dream to see you guys reunited again. And seeing you guys together in flesh really touched me and I am so happy right now! Like, really, really happy! And... and even if you guys are already in different lives and successful in your own fields, I am so proud of you all! And I'm speaking in behalf of your millions of fans, that we love you!"

"Aahhh! Vien, you are such a sweetheart." Harry said whose right hand was still on my shoulder. So, I cleared my throat and stepped back from him.

"Can I post these pictures? If it's okay with you guys."

"I don't mind." Liam said and we all agreed with him, making Vien screamed and excitedly opening her Instagram app.

We headed to Liam's game room where you can see different classic games, a massive TV, video games, a billiard table, a mini bar and two couches. We decided to play video games and drank some more beers. We had so much fun bantering and laughing at each other once someone lose the game.

It was past midnight, we were still in the same place. I observed Harry wasn't drinking that much, unlike us we were almost tipsy. I wasn't sure but I noticed the rest of the guys were glaring at each other like they were talking silently. Maybe I was already drunk because I could feel everything around me was turning around and I felt so sleepy.

"I think... I better g-go now!" I asked permission to them.

"Lou, you're drunk. Why don't you just sleep here?" Liam advised.

"No... nooo... I'm fine! I can handle myself. See?" I tried to walk but got tripped down.

"Lou, obviously you can't. Come here, let me take you to the guest room." It was Harry, lifting me from the floor. I could see how beautiful his green eyes were and his deep dimples moving like they had their own lives.

"Harry?!!! My Sunshine!" I poked his dimples. "So beautiful!" I hated myself for drinking too much. I couldn't control myself, my admiration towards him.

"Lou, you're drunk. Can you walk? Or do you want me to carry you upstairs?"

"Ssshhhh!!!" I put my index finger on his lips. "We can't be together. People might see us!"

"You know I don't care if people see us, Lou. For the meantime, let's go to sleep."

"Sunshine?" I cupped both his cheeks, my eyes were now red and blurred with tears around them. "Why... Why can't we be together?"

"Lou..." I saw him in tears too.

"Don't cry, Sunshine." I wiped the tears on his face and stretched his lips to form a smile. "There... smile! I want you to be h-happy." My tears were continuously flowing.

Harry was about to hug me but I slapped his hands.

"Stay away from me! Leave me alone!" I shouted at him making his face in shocked.

"You don't know what you're saying. I will just carry you, okay?"

"NOOOO!!! I don't want to! Get away from me! Liam!! Niall!!! Zayn!! Take him away from me please!" This time, I was now crying. I was so weak. I felt so vulnerable.

I saw Harry leaving me, and my four friends were circling around me helping me to get up. And everything now turned into black.

A/N

Hello everyone! I'm back!! Again, I am so so sorry for not updating this story. I am super busy with work and family stuff. I had to take a vacation with my fam last weekend. It was both my parents' birthday. So, of course, family first. And my work was so stressful. You have no idea! Anyway, here is my update. I hope you like/love it! Cos I, myself, LOVE IT and enjoyed writing it.

Question: What is your specific favorite part of the story so far?

Also, please vote and write down some comments. I love to hear from you. And thanks to PhandomAtDisco36!

Enjoy reading! Keep believing in Larry!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 204 18
During their relationship, Harry always poured his feelings out in his songwriting. He always communicated best through music. Louis found this out t...
579K 25.7K 32
Louis Tomlinson is the world's most successful and well-known record artist. His fans (who call themselves "Louies") know everything about him-- so t...
6.1K 247 16
Harry and Louis have the perfect relationship. They laugh together, cry together, kiss and dance together. They're in heaven. Behind closed doors. I...
289K 9.6K 45
when louis finally comes home, harry isn't waiting. over the past four years, both of their lives have completely changed -- but maybe the feelings a...