Switched Up

By perksof_being_payton

We all know the story of how Sang and the Blackbourne Team met. But what if, Sang had never tried to run awa... More

Prologue- Rewritten
Chapter 2-Rewritten
Chapter 3- Rewritten
A Report- Rewritten
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A Report
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New Story
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Rewriting
Chapter 40

Chapter 1- Rewritten

11.5K 440 173
By perksof_being_payton

Sang's P.O.V.

I sigh as I unpack the bag I had just finished packing. I had desperately wanted to leave the house, even just for the night. I still do, but my fear is keeping me from even trying.

Lord knows what punishment my mom would come up with if she caught me, especially since I don't know this house very well yet. I also hate the idea of going out while the storm rages on.

       My family had just moved to Charleston, South Carolina today. The move had come with no explanation, but I knew better than to question it. I can't say I was too upset about the love, since I wasn't so attached to our last house.

        However, both my sister and I had received news that I feel conflicted about. My dad has decided that it's time for us to go to an actual school, instead of being homeschooled like we have been for most of our lives. Mom has always told Marie and I about the awful things that happen out in the real world, so she wasn't happy at all about the decision.

Part of me is very excited to get away for several hours a day. However, the other part of me is terrified because I have no idea what to expect.

        Will I make any friends? Will the classes be easy?

       I throw myself onto the bed and groan at how stiff my body is. I had been the one to unpack everything today. Dad left as soon as we got here while Marie and mom had me unpack everything.

        My room isn't anything special. I have a wood bookcase, a stereo, some clothes, a trunk, and my bed. The room also has a space where I can crawl in and go undetected if I need to. I hid it behind the bookcase so I'll be the only one to know about it.

I curl up in a ball underneath my covers. Tomorrow, I will explore the house and maybe a little bit of Charleston as well. Maybe, once I know more about the area, I could actually escape the house every now and then. After a while of dreaming about a life outside this house, I'm able to fall asleep.

I wake up very early the next morning. I decide to clean the house quietly so mom doesn't have anything to yell at me for tomorrow. There's only a few dishes and a few places I have to sweep. Then, I make breakfast for everyone, fighting to not eat any myself.

       For whatever reason, Mom would be angry. I am able to sneak a packet of crackers and water bottle back up to my room, before quickly hiding them.

      I go back downstairs to finish breakfast and I finally hear movement upstairs. Mom eventually comes down. She rolls her eyes when she sees me fixing her plate. When I hold it out for her, she snatches it out of my hand and sits down to eat.

     I approach the table to give her her medicine and she still says nothing. That's better than screaming though, so I'll take it. I walk back to my room and play my music softly. I lay there for a while, just daydreaming.

     Suddenly, my door swings open and all I hear is screaming, "I have been fucking calling you, you bitch."

Tears fill my eyes and I begin shaking, "I- I'm sorry, I didn't hear you-," I'm interrupted by her screaming again.

"You're such a lying whore. You were selling your body for men to use again, weren't you?"

"No, I wasn't," I desperately say, "I was here. I wouldn't have had the time to do anything." Reasoning won't work with her, I know. But I want to try anything to stop what is going to happen next.

"Why must you always lie to me? You know what? I'll show you what happens to girls who lie," she spits at me and retreats from the room. Tears stream down my face as I try to accept what's going to happen.

She comes back into the room with a belt. "Kneel," she says.

      I do as she asks, not wanting to make her any angrier.

"Take off your shirt," she says and I reluctantly comply.

"Bra too."

"Mom, please don't make me," I plead.

"You should be used to this, whore. But you better do as I say or I'll make it ten times worse."

I hold back a sob as I take my bra off and I wrap my hands over my chest protectively. I feel the cold metal on the belt striking my back and I let out a scream. She gives me lash after lash as I cry and beg her to stop.

     Finally, my punishment is over and she says, "I hoped you learned your lesson."

I stay hunched over, terrified to make a move. "Yes, Mom." Denying anything at this point would only make her angrier.

"Good. I'm going to lay down. Don't even think about leaving this house or the punishment you just had will look easy." She kicks me in the side and I fall, rolling onto my already injured back.

Without another word, she stalks out of the room. I roll onto my side and curl into the fetal position as I sob. My back is on fire and I can feel fresh blood dripping from the fresh wounds.

I don't know how long I lay on the cold floor. I just want to give mom the time to fall asleep before I leave my room.

When enough time has passed, I force myself to get up and throw a shirt on. It'll probably be ruined because of the blood, but I don't want to risk leaving my room shirtless.

I quietly walk to the bathroom and attempt to clean my back up as much as I can. I am unable to reach everything, but I am able to bandage some of it at least.

        Once I'm back in my room, I try to decide whether I want to go through with my plans of exploring Charleston. Like last night, I'm terrified of what she'll do if she finds out. But, I also just want to get out of here for a little bit.

Even though I'm in pain, I decide to just go. I look through my clothes and pull out a loose pink top, a denim skirt, and a pair of black flares before putting them on. After brushing my hair out I get a look at the finished product. It's not great, but considering I have Marie's old clothes, nothing ever really does look right on me.

After successfully sneaking out, I realize there are two boys across the street getting into their car. I can't get a good look at their faces, but I wait until they drive away, not wanting to be noticed.

When they're gone, I begin my walk down the road and out of the neighborhood. For a split second I think about walking out of this neighborhood and never coming back. It's not like anybody would miss me. However, I know there would be no way I could possibly provide for myself yet. There are too many complications, no matter how nice it sounds.

I don't know how long I've been walking, but I'm starting to regret it. My back hurts, but I desperately want this taste of freedom.

I walk until I reach rows of shops and restaurants. When I end up in front of some sort of technology store, I begin to feel completely overwhelmed. There's a lot of people walking around and I don't know where I should go. I quickly turn around run into a hard body.

My cheeks flush as I stumble and two arms steady me. I look up into cerulean blue eyes.

      The guy stares at me for a second and then lets go of my arm.

        He smiles at me, "Sorry about that. Are you okay?"

       I can feel my face heat up as I nod. "Y-yeah, thank you."

         All that runs through my head is everything my mom has told me about men and the awful things they can do. But maybe she's wrong. She was wrong about me earlier. Plus, he has kind eyes and he helped me.

         He looks at me with recognition for some reason. "So, what are you up to?," he asks.

I look down at my feet, "I was just walking around, trying to learn my way around Charleston."

"So, did you just move here or are you a tourist?"

      "Just moved here," I answer.

"Well maybe you'll let me treat you to lunch to welcome you to Charleston," he asks.

The question takes me by surprise. I'm silent for a moment and he starts stammering, "I-I'm sorry, I'm sure you wouldn't-,"

"I'd love to," I blurt out, now making eye contact with him. He's cute. "As long as you aren't a serial killer."

"Well I can certainly promise I'm not a serial killer, or anything like that," he grins.

I narrow my eyes playfully, "Pinky swear?" I offer my pinky to him.

He intertwines his pinky with mine. "Pinky swear."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 1.3K 11
~At the age of three I was required to be the perfect daughter as my mother was the butcher and I the lamb heading for the slaughter. I didn't compla...
219K 7.7K 42
The Blackbourne Toma team is visiting Uncle at his diner when a mysterious woman and little girl shows up surprising Uncle. How does Uncle know them...
190K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
156K 5.5K 50
She left them five years ago but what happens when an unexpected call to them brings them back together? Will they be able to save her and start over...