Until They Can Return in Peac...

Oleh stories_by_kay

| Completed | Hiccstrid Following the great migration of the dragons going to the Hidden World, Chief Hiccu... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Astrid
Chapter 2 - Hiccup
Chapter 3 - Astrid
Chapter 4 - Hiccup
Chapter 5 - Astrid
Chapter 6 - Astrid
Chapter 7 - Hiccup
Chapter 8 - Astrid
Chapter 9 - Hiccup
Chapter 10 - Astrid
Chapter 11 - Hiccup
Chapter 12 - Astrid
Chapter 13 - Hiccup
Chapter 14 - Astrid
Chapter 15 - Hiccup
Chapter 16 - Astrid
Chapter 17 - Hiccup
Chapter 18 - Astrid
Chapter 19 - Hiccup
Chapter 20 - Astrid
Chapter 21 - Narrator
Chapter 22 - Hiccup
Chapter 23 - Astrid
Chapter 24 - Hiccup
Chapter 25 - Astrid
Chapter 26 - Hiccup
Chapter 27 - Astrid
Chapter 28 - Narrator
Chapter 29 - Hiccup
Chapter 30 - Astrid
Chapter 31 - Hiccup
Chapter 32 - Astrid
Chapter 33 - Hiccup
Chapter 34 - Astrid
Chapter 35 - Hiccup
Chapter 36 - Astrid
Chapter 37 - Hiccup
Chapter 38 - Astrid
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 39 - Narrator
Chapter 40 - Hiccup
Chapter 41 - Astrid
Chapter 42 - Hiccup
Author's Note
Chapter 43 - Astrid
Chapter 44 - Hiccup
Chapter 45 - Astrid
Chapter 46 - Hiccup
Chapter 47 - Astrid
Chapter 48 - Hiccup
Chapter 49 - Astrid
Author's Closing Remarks

Chapter 50 - Hiccup

3.4K 81 73
Oleh stories_by_kay

There were dragons when I was a boy. There were great, grim, sky dragons that nested on the cliff tops like gigantic scary birds. Little, brown scuttly dragons that hunted down the mice and rats in well-organized packs. Preposterously huge Sea Dragons that were twenty times as big as the Blue Whale.

Some say they crawled back into the sea without leaving a bone nor fang for men to remember them by.

Others said they were nothing but folk-tales to begin with.

Eh, I'm okay with that.

The vast blue ocean was bright as the blue sky was seen through the scattered clouds. Almost as if the winter was ceasing to exist.

Nuffink was in my arms as we let the cool air wash our faces with the fresh sea salt.

He watched me carefully as I looked out on the waters, searching for a sign of that great waterfall.

"Here", I say softly.

Astrid begins fastening the sail and Zephyr helps her with the second rope.

I nod at my boy with a smile and he lays his hand on mine to help me drop-anchor.

The fog wasn't as dense as the night a couple of years ago, but it was a mist that acted as a veil between us and their safe haven that is, "The Hidden World".

My heart is pounding in my chest.

Astrid senses it as she walks over to me.

Nuff reaches out for mom as I hand him to her. Zeph excitedly leans on the edge of the wooden railing and tries to see where I'm looking.

I take two steps forward and lean on the smooth, sanded wood myself.

All is silent for a moment. My heart beat trying to keep up with my breathing as I see figures on the rocks ahead of us.

I see the silhouette of his oval head and ears lifted at full attention at the sight of our ship.

I gasp in disbelief of my eyes.

Was it my imagination?

Or am I really seeing him?

Suddenly the outline of the Light Fury appears as well. Then, in between the mated furies, three little heads pop up. Each one uniquely mixed in scale color and eyes that resembled Toothless and the Light Fury so well.

Astrid "awes" at the sweet sight.

Toothless stands to his claws and wings spread open wide as he leaps from his rock, only to land upon the head of the carved dragon on the bow on my ship.

My children gasp and Astrid pulls Nuffink into her chest and Zephyr hides behind her.

His pupils are stick skinny as if resembling a wild Toothless I found in the meadow all those years ago.

I put my hand up as to stop him from attacking, but I knew deep down he would remember the simple motion of my hand that bonded us.

"Hey... hey there, bud", I say as Astrid holds the kids close.

Toothless creeps down the large wooden mast and onto the deck.

"Remember me?", I say with such desperation. My family's lives are at stake and pray to the gods my best friend recognizes me.

My hand is still out as he stands on his hind-legs.

"It's okay", I hear Astrid behind me. Little gasps following.

I can only think to do what I do best.

My hand is raised still, I close my eyes and look away.

I hear a slight sniff...

"AHHHHHH", I am completely taken down in a multi-kilo weighted night fury hug. I can't help but laugh at his consistent licking.

Astrid lets out a relieved chuckle as she exhales deeply.

"H-hey! I am glad to see you too bud!", I say as he gurgles happily and continues to excitedly prance all about me.

"He's not going to eat your father", I hear my bride say from the same position.

By this point Toothless has me pinned and he's licking my entire torso and face.

"How's the tail holding up? Oh it could use some oil, a little fine tuning", I chuckle trying to keep my hands on his snout so he stops licking.

"Look! It's okay, they're friends", Astrid points out.

I sit up and Toothless does one more hefty, slobbery lick to the side of my head, "Ahhheeewwwaa"

I see that my poor Zephyr and Nuffink are in a complete state of fear.

But the exhilarating joy I have in my being is too great to allow such a earth-shattering moment to go to waste. The pure happiness I feel within must be shared with my two precious kids.

I look over to my beautiful wife who has a Nuff wrapped in her cape and Zeph closed off and in the safety of her mothers arm.

"Here", I motion my hand for them to come to me.

Zephyr's eyes widen and utter fear is plastered across her face.

I only see one of Nuffink's eyes. I'm quite surprised to see him so afraid, considering he is his mother's child.

"Go on, it's alright", Astrid looks at her daughter.

I swear Zeph is saying "are you kidding me?!" in her mind.

Astrid nudges them a little and they toddle over slowly.

"He's not gunna hurt you. Put your hands out like this"

They do as I set them up, "that's it".

"Let him come to you", I say and I sit back completely content.

I await the moment that I had dreamed of ever since I became a father to these two. To get a glimpse, to get a touch of what it was like to be with dragons.

Nuffink has his hand on his face and Zephyr finally closes her eyes.

Toothless' snout touches their hands.

Astrid's eyes light up like I haven't seen in a decade. The pure bliss that is showing our kids a part of who we are sends us over the moon within.

Zephyr's face lights up like her mothers and a wide-toothed smile that completely melts every inch of fear that was in her.

Nuffink just sighs in wonder.

Toothless bounces excitedly as we all laugh in astonishment and zeal.

After a quick pet from Astrid, Toothless lifts himself from the ship and flies over the entrance to the Hidden World and lets out a bellowing roar down.

He turns his head back and makes a loud purring noise to summon his mate and... babies.

Toothless leads them over to us and they stay a-flight near the ship.

"Amazing. A new kind of fury... how about... Night Light Fury?", I say admiring the three little offspring of my best bud.

"There you go", Astrid giggles at my successful attempt to name these ones.

Suddenly a familiar high pitched, howling roar is heard with an echo.

"Oh my gods", I hear my Astrid say with shaky disbelief.

A brightly colored Deadly Nadder appears from the waterfall and she squaks at the sight of her rider.

"STORMFLY! MY GOOD GIRL!", my wife jumps with excitement.

She lands on the ship as well as Toothless.

Astrid scratches Stormfly's chin vigorously and hugs her nose.

She looks up at me with a nostalgic and grateful smile.

"So what to you say bud? One last flight?", I say and Toothless leaps with his tongue flapping about.

I grab Nuffink in my arms and Toothless digs his nose under my feet and throws us onto his back.

Astrid smirks and she pats Stormfly's neck to get on easy, pulling Zephyr on with her.

________

I close my eyes and reminisce this feeling that I had once been so used to, and quite possibly took for granted.

My son has his little arms out as if he was flying and I couldn't help but smile. Toothless takes us in little waves as I toss Nuffink in the air, laughing that contagious laugh Astrid and I can't get over.

The Light Fury, whom I look to with great thanks for saving my life almost 10 years ago, is soaring with a smile and checking on the little ones behind her.

The night lights test out their little powers that they inherited.

The white one with black tipped ears and bright greenish-blue eyes comes up beside Nuff and he reaches for her.

She playfully growls and bats his hands with her claws.

Astrid zooms by on her Nadder with a thrilled Zephyr raising her arms.

We both do twists and turns and flips in the air. Finally, Stormfly and Toothless fly near each other so I drop Nuff on to Astrid's back and I use my hand to lift my precious little girl onto my bud's back.

Oh the conversations and questions Zephyr will have when we get home.

I look forward to every single moment of that.

I am beyond relieved that the dragons are okay and I know for certain, through time and war, that they will not be touched.

Peace could be possible one day, but it's up to us to figure out our differences for ourselves.

However long it may take.

As long as he's safe.

__

Yes, the world believes the dragons are gone... or if they ever existed at all.

But we Berkians...

we know otherwise.

And we will guard the secret,

Until They Can Return in Peace.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

161K 4K 41
Hiccup runs away from Berk with Toothless (after the fight with the Nadder in the ring). Astrid never stopped him and the romantic flight never happe...
13.9K 289 14
[COMPLETED][REWRITTEN] Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as the name clearly states was a hiccup and a runt. He used to make crazy inventions to k...
169K 3.7K 34
The events in this book are set after HTTYD 2. Hiccup and Toothless have defeated Drago and become the rightful Alpha and Chief, and Berk has finally...
Lost Oleh sparklespirit3

Fiksi Penggemar

81.2K 3.6K 47
The darkness suffocates me. I can't see anything, and I don't remember anything either. I just remember falling. Falling. And now I'm here. An unb...