the other weasley || lightnin...

By Sunnys_Complement

Molly Weasley sat alone at the kitchen table. The young house creaked and groaned as it settled into the grou... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Probably The Most Important Chapter Ever
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
HELP

Chapter Twenty-Eight

3.2K 37 12
By Sunnys_Complement

lil authors note at the end

———————————————————

The Burrow smelled like chocolate and roast.

At first thought, it seemed like a rather disgusting combination. But once both aromas swirled together, they gave a mouth watering effect. The roast gave off a heat from its containment in the oven and you could practically taste the chocolate melting in the air. It was a heavenly smell and one that made all of the children grow ever so hungrier.

Lacy Weasley laid on the floor in the living room. She had rolls of parchment scattered around her and a rather old quill with a perfectly bent nib in her hand. She hummed a tune that suspiciously sounded like A Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins. Lacy was on her stomach with sock covered feet crossed at the ankles and raised off the ground.

She scrunched her nose as she scribbled out a line on her letter and started writing again.

Laila, when we get back to Hogwarts, remind me to never let Bill cut my hair. I figured it would've been a decent idea seeing as he cuts his own, but now I've got these awful bangs. I'm out for blood next time I see that earring wearing tosser. My hair is all I have, clearly, and he ruined my one asset. That's another thing. Remind me to find his leather jacket because that thing is getting a makeover. He was smart enough to not bring that home so I currently don't have any leverage over him. That and he's about a solid foot taller then me so there is only so much a short angry girl with an awful resemblance to Janet bloody Ellis can do. Thanks again for showing me Muggle telovision. I got to talk to me dad about that and he was very excited. Also he wants to meet you and he said specifically to bring a 'walking man' with you. Or whatever it's called.

Lacy smirked to herself as she wrote about messing with Bill. Her red hair was pulled into a low microscopic ponytail as her new bangs stood on proud display. She could still remember Ginny's shrieks of laughter when she saw Lacy come out of the bathroom after it was first cut.

That eight year old was getting more brave and mischievous. Lacy nodded absentmindedly to her thoughts. Another partner in crime could never hurt.

She signed off her letter to her friend and sealed the letter with a quick fold. She simply didn't have the time to make it fancy or find an envelope. She pocketed it and rolled over to lay on her back and stare at the ceiling.

"Come back here!" An exacerbated voice shouted barreling into the room. Percy Weasley huffed with his glasses on the top of his nose.

Lacy watching with vague interest as he ran around the couch before dropping to his hands and knees behind it. She raised an eyebrow and moved to him.

"So, whatcha doing Perc?" She asked crawling stealthily next to him. He jumped in surprise when she announced her presence with talking. With a roll of his eyes, he plunged his hand into the abyss that was the space underneath the couch. With a few screeching noises he pulled his hand out what a rat clutched in it.

Lacy grinned as he smirked at her and showed her the rat.

"Hiya Scabbers" she said stroking the plump rats head. Percy smiled fondly at her excited expression.

"Decided he wanted to explore the Burrow today, but ran away as soon as I placed him down.  Been chasing him around for the better part of an hour" Percy said softly as Scabbers calmed down with Lacy and Percy's gentle touches. The girl nodded along to her big brother and fell back onto her bum.

"You know if mum would see him in the kitchen she would loose it" Lacy said a smile spread across her face and an all too familiar glint appeared in her eye. Percy sighed and looked down at his rat. George and Fred both noticed their brother and sister in the living room and moved silently from the stairs to behind Percy.

"Lacy you can't use Scabbers as one of your little pranks. He's an alive creature. One that deserves respec-" Percy was cut off as the other two boys tackled him. He groaned as each took an arm and restrained him from moving.

"Here you go!" Fred said as he carfully removed Scabbers from Percy's grip. He handed Lacy the rat who quickly calmed down when she was holding him.

"Sorry Perc!" She called as she scampered off to the kitchen while Percy yelled and the two boys laughed after her from the living room.

Molly Weasley whisked a bowl of cool cream while she flicked her wand at the cupboards. With the familiar spell, they levitated to the table and placed a plate at each seat.

Lacy crouched down and crept as quietly as she could to the bowl Molly was currently using. Her mum turned around and headed to the oven to examine the beautiful roast that was cooking.

With impressive speed Lacy eased Scabbers into the bowl of cream and ran to hide beneath the table.

Molly nodded in satisfaction and turned back to her bowl. As far as Lacy could tell, her mum didn't notice the rat laying in it. With a flick of her wand Molly started to stir the contents of the bowl again. Scabbers made a surprised squeak noise as he suddenly started spinning. Molly jumped and dropped her wand in shock. Picking up the bowl she dumped it out as the rat tumbled out.

"FRED GEORGE LACY!!" She bellowed while she ran to the table away from Scabbers. Lacy snickered from her hiding spot. Molly, with years of carful practice, heard her oldest daughters laugh and pulled the table cloth up. Lacy squealed and tried to make a run for it.

"Lacy Amelia Weasley!" Molly shouted cuffing her ear and pulling her from the table. Lacy squirmed and said 'ow' every few seconds to try and annoy her mum into letting her go. Sadly, no dice.

"You know Scabbers is alive not a toy. And what have you done to your brother to get him?! You ruined the cream! You best have had a good time with this one Lacy Weasley! Go to your room and no supper for you!" Molly yelled as she dragged her daughter to the stairs. Lacy stopped struggling and begrudgingly let her mum pull her along.

"Sorry mum. 'Was a prank. S'meant to laugh" Lacy mumbles out as she kicked the stairs on her way up them. Molly crossed her arms and watched her climb higher and higher up into the weird architecture of the Burrow.

"Can't believe you got caught so fast. Amateur move Big sis" George said as he put an arm around his sister as soon as she entered the room. She huffed at him and fell onto her bed face first. Rather over dramatically if you will.

"I blame Percy's rat. That fat thing wasn't hidden well enough. Completely his fault" she said her voice muffled as she spoke into her mattress. Fred and George move to sit on her bed and grabbed a pillow each. With a quick glance to one another. They started hitting and jumping around the bed.

Lacy squeaked in surprise at the sudden attack, but soon started to laugh as she grabbed her own pillow and started hitting her brothers.

With a harsh hit Lacy knocked Fred off the bed. He groaned as he made contact with the wood floor and George and Lacy high fived and hollered at their brother. Lacy jumped on George and he held onto her thighs as he took a lap around the room with her on his back.

Lacy shouted in victory as she ruffled George's hair. Fred laid on the floor and watched his siblings run around and laugh.

What a wonderful Christmas Eve.

—————————————————————

Ahaha hey everyone.

Very long time no see. I apologise for that. Hope you liked this chapter. I've become more comfortable with the idea of putting my actual appearance on the Internet, so I thought why not just tell you guys my Instagram.

I don't post on there that often, but I do occasionally. It's mainly posts about my best friend if I'm honest. My family does follow me on there so you know, if you wanna leave comments please be respectful of my friends and family. You can harass me all you want, go crazy. But please don't say anything about my family and friends.

Anyway, here's my Instagram username and also my full name: sarah_barkhurst

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 29 9
Tikki Weasley is a lot like her cousins, Fred and George; minus the red hair. They always spend summers together and this year is no different, even...
98.1K 2.2K 84
Sarah Copper made Fred Weasley's pulse race. There was something about the confidence that did it for him. * * * "So, Sarah - " George began. "We w...
876K 23.9K 42
Ruth is the youngest of the Ash triplets. Born only three minutes after her sisters, Ruth has always been the odd one out. She's been invisible all...
1.7K 39 19
Meet Emma Weasley. The triplet of none other than the pranksters Fred and George Weasley. She's funny, bold, sassy, crazy, brave and of course a big...