Chapter Twenty-Four

"Alright start talking" I said sitting on a chair. Laila looked up from her book and sighed. We were in the library where the Ravenclaw ironically likes to go when she's stressed. If you ask me going to a library would only add into your stress.

I scooted closer to her and and propped my elbows on my knees.

"It's Manny" she said running a hand through her hair. (A/N: even I don't really remember this character so here's a little recap).

Manny is a second year and is first introduced in chapter ten. He corners Lacy. He's threatening her about something Fred and George did and is about to do something with his wand when Lacy runs away.

Fast forward to chapter twenty one where the mischievous six prank him and he admits to having a crush on Laila and dosen't like being in Slytherin (I'm a Slytherin so that's offensiveeeeee) so there we go Manny is kinda the Draco but a second year and dosen't really bother them they just like to bother him.)

"What about him?" I said squinting suspiciously at her. She runs her hands through her hair a few more times before sighing.

"I don't know just what he said has been bothering me. Also his friends keep watching me and I'm bloody sick of it" she said slapping the table with her palm. I raise my eyebrows at her. We were in a library and she's making noise *very loud gasp.

"Hey it's okay" I put my hand on her shoulder. She's very annoyed so it's an awkward thing to do.

She lets me hug her and when I pull away she looks less tense.

"Come one Laila it's the holidays let's get some butter beer from the kitchen" I saw trying to lift her spirits. She smiles and gathers her stuff quickly.

We run out of library laughing as Madam Prince glares at us. We slid to a stop in front of the painting of the bowl of fruit.

When we first discovered that tickling was something that would always work, we had tickled the cat at home to get off our wands, it was our go to to get to something.

Laila reached up and tickled the pears. They giggled and the portrait hole was revealed. The sight of the chaotic kitchen never failed to make me smile. It reminded me of mum and when she cooked for the holidays.

"Hullo" I said waving lazily at the kitchen. As if they rehearsed it, the house elves stopped in unison. A particular female house elf ran up to me and Laila with two mugs of butter beer.

"Heya Snalla how's the kitchen going?" Laila said grabbing the mug with a quick thank you. Snalla flushed and squeaked a quick 'fine' and ran off. Laila gave me a confused look.

"House elves get uncomfortable when you treat them like equals" I shrugged "just don't treat them like slaves either. Reach a happy medium"

"Snalla where's Pinky?" I asked looking around not noticing the smaller house elf. Snalla stopped mixing a blue substance in her bowl and looked around, confused.

"Pinky has moved to cleaning so she is no longer in the kitchens" she informed me. I nodded rubbing at my jaw. Is there for the house elves to sleep? Do house elves even sleep??

"Heya uh Lacy I think we should get going" Laila called from near the large boiler in the corner. Her and a house elf with particular large ears and covers in grease looked to be in deep conversation about something. I nodded and gulped down the last bit of my butter beer.

"Can we get some sweets to go?" I asked sweetly. Snalla nodded eagerly and ran around the kitchen before handing me a bundle of sweet smelling items.

"Bye Snalla till we meet again" I said as the familier house elf grabbed our mugs, gave a quick whisk to the bowl, and snapped her fingers and evaporated.

"God I wish I could do that" I mumbled as the only trace she was ever standing in front of me was nonexistent.

Laila bounded next to me and nodded. We made our way back to the exit and closed the painting of the fruit behind us.

"Any time we go to the kitchen they get more and more uncomfortable with us being there" Laila said shaking her head. I sighed and glanced back at the painting.

It was understandable why they didn't like us there but we weren't causing any trouble of making any ridicules demands, I guess they didn't like being around students too long.

"You feeling any better?" I asked as we rounded the corner to the Great Hall. Since we spent all of lunch in the kitchen and library, we had completely missed the other four members of our party.

"Much, thank you for that Lacy" she said and pulled me into a quick hug. I smiled at her truly happy she was doing better. I liked Angelina a bunch but I had a feeling she was using us. She didn't quite fit in but people aren't meant to fit in. Laila was just my best friend.

"Do you wanna go down to the quidditch pitch and eat those?" Laila asked pointing to the basket in my hands.

"Uh yeah good plan" I said and we left the school in higher spirits then a few hours ago.