Tomorrow | JK (Book 2) [Compl...

By enasthetic

[Book 2 of Overmorrow] 。・:*★:*:・。・:*★:*:・゚☆ We met again after all those years and just when I thought that w... More

Tomorrow
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Let's interrogate the characters [request closed]
Chapter 32 - Epilogue
Chaotic Q&A - Part 1
Chaotic Q&A - Part 2
Chaotic Q&A - Part 3
Afterword

Chapter 18

8.4K 533 132
By enasthetic

Day 4 Part 1 - "Peace"

"Y/N."

I stirred in my sleep, trying to swat away whatever was poking my arm.

"Y/N, wake up," a very familiar, velvety voice exclaimed and my body was being shaken by a soft hand now. "You need to get up now or you'll be late for work!"

I groaned and rolled away from the source of the very attractive but annoying voice, wanting to continue sleeping. I'm not freaking ready for the world, just roll without me, gosh...

A sigh sounded from beside me and my eyes flew open when the voice said, "I made breakfast."

I sat up and finally woke up, scratching my head and squinting my eyes at the person beside me. The weird thing was, I first thought 'Oh, it's Y/N' when I saw myself gawking at me.

"Jungkook?" Why was I questioning that...

He quickly turned away, covering his eyes. "Why did you throw away your shirt, oh my gosh."

"Huh?" I looked down at my body and my eyes bulged out when I saw the bare skin of a very buff chest.

Squeaking out in shock, I quickly tried to cover my chest with my hands before frantically searching for the black shirt that was discarded while I was sleeping. It was on the nightstand just beside me and I immediately took it before throwing it over myself.

I cleared my throat. "This is on you and your habit of undressing while sleeping. Don't blame me."

"Right." He shifted his weight from one leg to the other, still looking away. "Come out to the dining room and eat your breakfast."

He walked out and I ruffled my hair while yawning before following him.

A small smile played on my lips when the pleasing sight of omelette rices came into view. I practically ran to the table to sit down and dived into the meal straight away, chomping down the food before he could even sit down in front of me.

"Thank you, Kookie," I sang with a huge smile and a mouth full of food. "It's delicious."

He laughed heartily. "Eat well, Y/N. Being in my gluttonous body must be hard."

At least he knows himself.

I nodded and we ate our breakfast in silence until he said, "So, I guess we should bring up that dreadful topic from last night, huh..." making me choke momentarily.

After drinking some water, I cleared my throat and faced him with a fearful expression, my heart beating rapidly. "You heard about it last night?"

He nodded while looking down at his plate and my breath got stuck in my throat.

"I was about to walk out of my room when your phone rang... You're a light sleeper." He chuckled a little, trying to ease the tension. "Your aunt sent me a message, too. She explained the thing with the necklaces and that we should... learn to love each other again."

I shut my eyes, feeling beyond embarrassed. I wanted to throw myself out of the window. I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself, erase myself from the face of this earth.

"I didn't know these necklaces were like that," he mused, eyeing the pendant of his necklace. "Since this was my fault, I feel like I should accept everything you say, so you have every right to do whatever you want if it means helping our situation."

I looked up at him with wide eyes and surprise written across my face. He was being so understanding, and hearing that I could do whatever I wanted was quite startling. It somehow felt like my whole being was accepted by his body and soul.

I suddenly felt at ease.

"Whatever I want?" I repeated.

He nodded, biting the insides of his cheeks. "About Miryeong," he whispered, still unable to make eye contact with me.

"I thought about it," I sighed. "I won't break up with her."

He finally looked up at me. "What?"

"She doesn't deserve it. Someone like her deserves a loving boyfriend and I feel like I should... at least act like it... That's what my brain is telling me."

A frown spread across his face. "What?"

I nodded vigorously. "My brain. Your brain... Why are you frowning?"

"I just-" He blinked repeatedly before looking away. "I don't know."

"Well anyway, I don't think I can breakup with her anytime soon..." I sighed while playing with a small cluster of rice with my chopsticks. "But I'm not saying that we shouldn't- um, you know..."

"Yeah, I know," he muttered before leaning back on his chair.

A sudden snort made me look up at him. He was trying so hard to hold in his laugh.

"What's so funny?" My eyebrows crashed together for I somehow felt offended.

"Sorry, it's just," he spluttered out while covering his mouth, his eyes forming crescent shapes. "Why are we so awkward? We can't even talk to each other properly."

"And that's funny?" I narrowed my eyes, quirking an eyebrow.

"If you don't take everything seriously, yes." His laughter quietened down and his gaze fell on my plate as he mused, "I... miss how we were before... I miss your shamelessness, bluntness, quirkiness, and loud mouth... All we've been like together lately were... distant and tense... like we've never even met before..."

The squeezing sensations in my chest made it harder to breathe. I missed how we were before, too. Perhaps even more than him.

I would give anything to go back to how we were a few years ago.

"I hope we can go back to how it was..." A ghost of a smile lingered on his lips. "And I hope it happens soon."

A whimper and a sob were bubbling at the bottom of my throat, but I swallowed them and gave Jungkook a smile instead.

"I'm sorry for being so erratic, Kookie."

His eyes were wide and shocked as they stared at me.

"I realized that I shouldn't hold grudges against you because it really was my fault from the beginning..." My smile faltered a bit, remembering his harsh words, but I forced myself to stay positive. "The earrings... the parting... Really, they were all on me. I try not to cause you trouble, but it seems like bothering you is all I do..."

He suddenly grabbed my hands, holding them tightly, and his expression turned miserable.

"The things I said to you, please forget them," he begged with a quivering voice. "I understand that you did them for my sake. I was blinded by my pain that I put all the blame of my suffering on you when in fact, it wasn't anyone's fault... It just happened that way... I just wish you were a little bit selfish, but you're so kindhearted, I don't know what to do..." He chuckled a little at the end.

I wish that, too...

What would have happened if I was selfish and never cut you off...?

"But it's no use bringing up the past now... Let's focus on the now." He reached his hand for me to shake with a sweet grin. "Truce?"

With a suppressed smile, I took his hand, shaking it. "Peace."

We stared at each other with goofy smiles on our faces and broke into laughter.

"Peace."

___________________________
A/N: I'm graduating tomorrow omg 😭

I can't believe I'm a working adult now 😭😭

I'm on a bus right now and I got late for work bc of the f-king congestion... Living in the countryside sounds real good rn...

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote to show your support, lovelies 💐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 865 67
Ok. So truth. I am not good a summarizing anything. So what I will do is give you a little preview of what I am working on. Read what I got so far an...
611K 31.2K 33
What would you do if one day you woke up as Jeon Jungkook? You were a BTS fangirl living an ordinary life in an ordinary world. But your oh so ordina...
2.1M 79.8K 41
His naked chest pressed against her exposed bosoms as he leaned his face dangerously closer to her and spread her legs wide and settled himself betwe...
554K 28.3K 43
❝ All it takes is the right person for a player to change the game ❞ Not even leaving an inch for the passage of air between their bodies, she was pi...