I Can See You But I Could Nev...

By ScarlettRaven1727

This is a Dramoine fanfic . - Hermione and Ron broke up during the holidays. They were comfortable with eac... More

Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Surprising Announcements
Duties
Revelation
Malfoy
Pairing up
The Battle
His right to know
Compensations and ultimatums
Getting to know the Granger
Occulemency
Weird things and Apperation
George, Hermione and Draco
New friends and old companions
Hermione and snakes
Legimilency attacks
The Arrival
Smart, but not so smart
The first Great Ball
Tryouts
Test 1/2
Pink and Ballet flats
Uncomfortable, thats all
Drama in the tent
First match
Days 1 & 2
Last match
Quarell
Back
Information in the stars
Surprising visit
Five in a row and Peeves
Thrice
Sorry not sorry
Getting the facts
Not-so Hogwarts' style
Cullens, this way please
..
To ask or not to ask?
The twist
Ginerva
1000 years
If confusion were people
Truth unfolds
Into the Woods
Two and Two
News indeed
The Three Wizards

Alert

935 27 1
By ScarlettRaven1727

The week passed by in a flash. At least, for Hermione. The other schools had left, but she still couldn't concentrate in any of her classes, nor did she eat well. The only class she seemed to have maintained her consistency was the Defence Against the Dark Arts class. The Professors began to worry for her.

"Miss Granger's performance is now questionable." Said Professor Flitwick, worriedly. "Something is off."

Professor McGonagall agreed. "She is slacking, not paying much attention in class, and forgetting her homework."

"Professor Slughorn nodded. "She seems to be getting thinner. Some thing is wrong."

Hermione's new behaviour attracted attention from not only Gryffindors and her classmates, but the juniors as well.

"Granger," said Draco one day, leaning on the doorway of their dorm. "What's going on?"

Hermione looked at him tiredly. "Nothing. Why?"

Draco hands her a glass of strawberry smoothie. "Here, have this."

Hermione looks at it and takes it, beaming. "Thank you! That's really thoughtful of you." She took a sip and gave a delighted sigh. "I haven't had one in so long! It is really tasty. Thanks a million!"

Draco gave an embarrassed laugh. "No problem. Now, what were you saying?"

She repeated herself.

Draco looked at her and gave a short laugh. "Why? Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you have been slacking in your work, hardly eating food-no, don't interrupt me, I watch you sometimes-" then he turned pink. "And of course, you look like you don't sleep at all."

Hermione gave a dry laugh. "I do. And I'm fine, Draco. Besides, I usually am in the library, doing some research."

Draco seemed interested. "On what?" He said, standing straight.

Hermione gave an uneasy glance at Draco. "The Resurrection Stone." She said quietly.

Draco's face became expressionless. "What did you find?"

Hermione sighed. "You'd become cold and almost lifeless if you use the stone. It won't make you normal, according to the tale of three brothers."

"But?"

Hermione gave a frustrated sigh. "But," she said, "I found a book, by Professor Dumbledore himself, in the forbidden section. It -it," she continued uncertainly, "It said, that one could be brought back to life yes, but with a certain spell, they can become themselves again."

Draco sat down next to Hermione, worried. "And do you know what spell it is?"

Hermione shook her head, now scared. "The page was ripped off. All that was left is..." And she brought out the book- "Is this" she said, pointing at the part above the ripped area.

"Helg" It said.

The next page it continued-

"... all that... be brought back. This, I advise you; do not use the stone. It's price is far greater that you can hope it to be. This is why I am going to hide this book. If you find it, then be warned that many young men have not heeded this warning and have died before they could see their intentions come true. Their enemy, out there..."

They sat in silence, Draco's eyes lingering on Hermione's worried expression. He, for a moment felt a desperate need to make her smile. Don't, he thought. Don't do this. Don't have feelings... And if it is really... Aunty Bella, Hermione will die. She'll die a horrible death. Draco cringed at that thought.

"Draco?" Said Hermione Looking at him.

Draco immediately stood up. "We've got to look for it."

Hermione looked sceptical. "That page could be anywhere! Most probably outside Hogwarts!"

Draco shook his head. "Maybe, but it probably wouldn't have gone further than the place in the Forbidden forest where Harry dropped the stone." He said.

Hermione's eyes widened. "Of course! No one but us knows about it's location!" She smacked her head.

She and Draco rushed from their dorm when they bumped into Neville and Luna.

"Sorry!" Apologised Hermione quickly.

Neville shook his head. "No, it's mine."

"No really-"

Draco cleared his throat. "As much as I love seeing both of you blame yourselves for a silly thing, me and Granger have somewhere to go."

Luna smiled. "Of course. But where?"

Hermione shot a quick glance at Draco before she pulled Luna and Neville to the side and explained it to them. Draco just stood and listened.

"Oh." She said but frowned.

"What?"

She shook her head. "Have you thought this through?"

Hermione frowned and looked at Draco. "Not really..."

"Because, if this is really a Death Eater's work, it seems too easy to track." She said.

Draco looked at her seriously. "What are you trying to say?"

"All I'm saying is that they might've expected Hermione to find this. Or hoped. They expect her to go to the forest, preferably without anyone. If I were a Death Eater, I'd make sure there's a piece missing that you would go any lengths to get, even if it meant sneaking out of the castle alone, at night."

"Because, they know that you'd know where the stone is." Continued Neville.

Draco and Hermione stared at her. Was it possible? Am I being tricked? She thought.

"I'd suggest that you'd take us with you. But not just the four of us," said Neville. "Bring Harry, Ron and Ginny too. They would feel bad if they were being left out, and they also have a great skill set." He said, practically.

Hermione's frown deepened. "We don't have time, Neville. We need to hurry up."

Neville shook his head. "This is exactly what they wanted you to feel. You have time, Hermione."

Luna nodded. "If it isn't a trick, then it will be with the wizard who has the paper. But if this is a trick, you will be able to see it. Think of it; why would you throw away a paper holding the most important spell?"

Hermione and Draco looked at each other.

"That's a possibility, Granger. They'd expect you to piece together information." Said Draco.

"So what do we do?" She asked.

"Like Neville said; take us along with you." Came a voice from behind Hermione, that was clearly Harry's.

"Harry!" Said Hermione as she spun around facing him, Ron and Ginny.

Harry gave her a small smile. "Going somewhere without us?"

Hermione turned pink. "I'm sorry, Harry. It's just that I know you guys don't believe me and I-"

"You think we don't believe you?" Harry said in disbelief.

"Well yeah-"

"Hermione," said Harry putting his hand on her shoulder, "You are the smartest student in Hogwarts and probably the only one who ever believed me always- ouch, Ginny! Alright, you and Ginny. And Ron too. You come up with the smartest plans that usually always work."

Ron nodded. "If there's anyone we'd believe on theories, it'd be you."

"It involves all of us anyway. 'Mione," said Ginny. "The more the merrier. If this is an ambush then the more of us there, it'd be safer."

Hermione nodded and hugged them. Draco, Neville and Luna watched from the sides.

"Well then, we'd better get moving." Said Harry.

The group nodded and they headed towards the Forbidden Forest.

"Harry," said Luna. "Don't you think we ought to tell someone where we are going, just in case?"

Harry shook his head. "We'd get into trouble."

Ron laughed. "Nothing new, mate."

But Hermione shook her head. "Luna's right, Harry. We've got to tell someone."

"But who?"

"Hagrid." Said Ron.

The others nodded and they rushed into Hagrid's hut which was newly constructed.

"Blimey, Harry! Hermione, Ron?" Said Hagrid when he opened the door. "Neville, Ginny, Luna. Malfoy." He said nodding at them. "What are yer lot doing 'ere?" He said, eying Draco.

Harry explains the situation, telling him that they needed to go to the forbidden forest because Harry dropped something, purposely forgetting to add the parts where the Resurrection stone, Death Eaters and the missing spell was involved.

"Merlin's beard, Harry! Yer want ter pick up something yer lost? Yer never going ter find it. It's a big forest, Harry."

"But Hagrid," said Hermione. "We aren't going that far. We will just go to the last place it was seen."

"But what is it that yer lot is looking for?" Asked Hagrid, curiously.

"Oh that," said Ron, "Professor Dumbledore gave Harry something in his will. He dropped that."

Hagrid frowned but did not say anything on that. "Alright, but wait for morning. It can be a bit dangerous at night."

The group protested. "Hagrid we can't!" Complained Ginny.

"We need to go now!" Said Neville.

"Hagrid please!" Said Ron.

"Alright, alright!" Said Hagrid. "But I 'ave to come with yer. The forest is Forbidden, after all."

"No." Said Harry. "Im sorry Hagrid. But if you need to stay here, in case some one asks for us, you can cover for us."

Hagrid seemed to consider. "But it is dangerous, Harry."

"Its not our first time, Hagrid." Said Hermione.

Hagrid sighed. "I will be in trouble if yer lot don't come back fast. But that isn't the problem innit?"

"What is the problem then, Hagrid?" Asked Ron.

Hagrid hit Ron lightly on his head. "Yer lot will be in trouble if yer come back late!" He paused, "What- what if yer don't come back-?" He quivered.

Hermione placed her hand on Hagird's.

"We'll be back." She said firmly.

"We'll be back as soon as we can." Promised Harry.

Hagrid nodded.

The group headed out. "Be safe." Called out Hagrid.

And the group left the hut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 13.5K 100
Ivory Ferali Riddle hasn't had a normal upbringing, even for a witch. Born to Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange, all she has known is hatred and...
10.5K 758 111
⋆⭒˚。⋆BOOK 1 OF 3⋆⭒˚。⋆ What if Harry and Draco weren't enemies because of a rejected friendship or jealousy? What if it was because they both fell for...
848K 25.3K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
415K 14.7K 200
❝𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐨...