Chasing Reality (Katsuki Baku...

By sienasummer

WARNING: this story is unfinished and will probably remain so You've always dreamed of having a life of your... More

Chapter One: Shadows of the Past
Chapter Two: Growing Up
Chapter Three: A Happy Wife
Chapter Four: An Unlikely Rescue
Chapter Five: Thank You?
Chapter Six: Back to School
Chapter Seven: Class 1-A
Chapter Eight: Homework Heroes
Chapter Nine: Cornered
Chapter Ten: Love Rivals
Chapter Eleven: Temptation
Chapter Twelve: Movie Night
Chapter Thirteen: Movie Night Part 2
Chapter Fourteen: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Fifteen: Media Mess
Chapter Sixteen: An Arrogant Bastard
Chapter Seventeen: Let's Be Friends
Chapter Eighteen: Dazed
Chapter Nineteen: Lunchtime Affairs
Chapter Twenty: The USJ Incident
Chapter Twenty-One: The USJ Incident Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Two: The USJ Incident Part 3
Chapter Twenty-Three: The USJ Incident Part 4
Chapter Twenty-Four: The USJ Incident Part 5
Chapter Twenty-Five: Blame
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forgotten
Chapter Twenty-Seven: An Accidental Invitation
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sleepless Nights
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Morning Madness
Author on Bedrest
Chapter Thirty: Mystery Man
Chapter Thirty-One: Secrets
Chapter Thirty-Two: Secrets Part 2
Chapter Thirty-Three: Secrets Part 3
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Lovers Tree
Extra Chapter: Shoto's Birthday (2019)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Self Doubt
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Dating Advice
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Turmoil
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Uproar
Chapter Forty: A Quirk Marriage
Chapter Forty-One: Why Not Me?
Extra Chapter: Valentines Day 2019
Real Chapter Forty-One: Heart to Heart
Chapter Forty-Two: Heart to Heart Part 2
Chapter Forty-Three: A Token of Friendship
Chapter Forty-Four: Repose
Chapter Forty-Five: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter Forty-Six: Choices
Chapter Forty-Seven: A Declaration of War
Chapter Forty-Eight: A Declaration of War Part 2
Chapter Forty-Nine: A Glimmer of Hope
Extra Chapter: Katsuki's Birthday (2019)
Chapter Fifty-One: Infidelity
Chapter Fifty-Two: Murderous Intent
Chapter Fifty-Three: Fire and Ice
Chapter Fifty-Four: Defiance
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Final Fight
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Not So Warm Welcome
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Saviours
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Stay With Me
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Sweet Respite
Chapter Sixty: A Room Full of Elephants
Chapter Sixty-One: Equal Ground
Chapter Sixty-Two: Understanding
Hiatus Notice
Hiatus Extended

Chapter Fifty: The Truth About Marriage

717 40 4
By sienasummer

You choked on air at Shoto's question as Midoriya stood shell shocked. "Am I... WHAT?!"

"Well are you?" You stared wide eyed at Shoto as he demanded his classmates answer, his expression dead serious.

"No, no way! That's not it at all!" Midoriya frantically denied Shoto's claims. "But I guess even if I was I'd totally say that I wasn't, so you probably won't believe me no matter what I bet. Anyway, I promise you've got the wrong idea."

Shoto lowered his head, thinking about Midoriya's answer. You were at a loss for words. How did he even come to that conclusion. Is there something I've missed?

"And why would you even think that about me?" Midoriya voiced your own thoughts.

Shoto looked to Midoriya once more. "That's not it at all is interesting wording. It suggests there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about."

Midoriya looked away from his classmate, unsure of how to handle the situation.

Shoto lowered his head once more, his voice becoming melancholic. "My father is the Hero Endeavour."

Both you and Midoriya looked to Shoto, surprised.

"You must have heard of him, which means you're aware that he's the number 2 Hero." Shoto looked up, anger evident in his grey and turquoise eyes. "So if you're connected to the number 1 Hero All Might in some way, that would mean... That I have even more reason to beat you."

Shoto looked away as he continued. "My old man is ambitious, he aims for the top. He used his power to make a name for himself as a Hero, but he was never able to best All Might, so the Symbol of Peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it though, trying to take down All Might... One way or another."

"I-I'm not really sure what you're getting at..." Midoriya shook his head, confused. "What are you trying to tell me, Todoroki?"

You knew how it looked. To anyone else, it sounded as is Shoto was saying that his father was acting as a villain, trying to take down All Might by any means necessary.

But you knew the truth. It weighed heavily on your heart. It was the reason why you and Shoto were together after all.

Shoto looked at Midoriya, a pained expression crossing his face briefly. "Have you ever heard of... quirk marriages?"

Katsuki stiffened. He's not implying what I think he is, is he? No way in hell is he with her just for her quirk...

Shoto continued, albeit a little more hesitantly. "They became a problem in the first few generations after super powers became wide spread. There were those who sought out potential mates solely with the intention of creating powerful children. Many people were forced into relationships. They were simply viewed as old fashioned arranged marriages, but clearly it was unethical."

"My father has not only a rich history of accomplishments, but plenty of money to throw at his problems. He bought my mother's relatives to get his hands on her quirk, and now he's raising me to usurp All Might. It's so annoying..."

Tears began to stream down your face. It was almost unbearable to watch, but you couldn't bring yourself to leave.

"I know for a fact that this is the case for (y/n) as well..." Shoto's hands fisted at his sides. "My father arranged for us to be wed at a young age, promising copious amounts of money to her guardian in exchange for her."

The air was sucked from your lungs as Shoto spoke, voicing one of your greatest fears. He knows. He knows that I'm a paid for bride...

It took all of Katsuki's will power not to push off from the wall and charge towards Shoto. That bastard bought her hand in marriage?!

"I refuse to be a tool for that scumbag... I will not let (y/n) suffer the same fate as my mother," Shoto began to shake with anger. "In every memory of my mother, I only see her crying..."

Shoto raised his left hand to cover the jagged scar that surrounded his eye. "I remember that she called my left side unbearable... before she poured boiling water on my face."

You let loose a sob as Midoriya gasped in horror at Shoto's story.

"The reason I picked a fight with you was to show my old man what I was capable of doing... without having to rely on his damn fire quirk." Shoto took a deep breath, calming himself as he lowered his hand from his face. "You see, I'm going to show him that I reject his power, and that I can take first place without using it."

Determination filled Shoto as he turned from Midoriya and began to walk out of the stadiums tunnel. "You're obviously connected to All Might, even if you won't tell me about it. But no matter how fiercely you come at me in the future, I will defeat you using only my right side. I can assure you of that."

Midoriya quickly chased after Shoto. "Hey, wait!"

Shoto stopped in his tracks but refused to turn to look at his classmate. Midoriya stopped a few feet behind Shoto, taking a breath to prepare himself.

"I'm only here because others have supported me. I've been really lucky." Midoriya looked to his own hands, as if he'd find the answers within them. "In fact, I've had even more help since I've come to UA."

Midoriya clenched his fists, his determination slowly building. "All Might is constantly saving people with a fearless smile... he's the greatest hero, and I want to be just like him. In order to do that, I have to be strong enough to become number 1."

The wind began to pick up, ruffling Shoto's multicoloured hair as he turned to face Midoriya, his green eyes meeting Shoto's. "I know that my motivation seems stupid compared to yours, but still... I can't loose this either. I owe it to everyone who's supported me to try my best. You declared war on me earlier... well right back at you... I'm going to beat you."

Shoto eyed Midoriya briefly before turning to continue on his way to the cafeteria, the green haired boy not far behind.

You were a mess. It felt like the world was slowly caving in around you, your breathing becoming laboured.

He knows. He's known all along. Has he just been indulging me for my own sake? Does he really feel nothing for me? Is he going to refuse to marry me because of his father?

Katsuki pushed off from his hiding place in a huff. You've got to be fucking kidding me. He paused, glancing around. Something seemed... off.

He turned to the empty tunnel. "You're here... aren't you?"

Shock rocketed through you at Katsuki's words. How did he...? With a heavy heart, you merged back into reality, allowing yourself to fall to the ground.

"OI! Watch it will you?!" Katsuki jumped forward, snatching you from the air. You refused to look at him as he placed you on your feet. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

You pushed away from him before starting to walk away. I can't deal with this right now.

Katsuki grabbed you by your wrist, preventing you from leaving. "What the hells going on with you?"

"Let me go, Katsuki," your voice shook, your emotions barely contained.

"Like hell!" He tugged on your wrist, surprising you as you lost your balance and fell towards him as he pulled you into his chest. You kept your head down, your spirit too broken to fight him.

"Look at me, damn it!" Katsuki grabbed your chin, forcing you to look him in the eye. He was almost unrecognizable through the tears.

Katsuki swore, his crimson eyes filling with worry as he tugged your head to his shoulder. "It's okay to cry."

That was all it took. Your body shook as it was wracked with sobs, your cries muffled by Katsuki's shirt. "He hates me!" You wailed, wallowing in your own defeat. "He won't marry me. It's what his father wants, so of course he won't do it!"

Katsuki snorted. "Don't laugh at my pain," you mumbled weakly into his shoulder.

Katsuki shook his head. "Are you really that stupid?"

You bristled at his remark. God, this was a terrible idea. How did I ever think he'd actually care about my plight?

"Calm down," Katsuki rubbed your back with his one hand. "What he said about his father, it should only make you feel even more sure of his feelings."

"Wha...?" You raised your head to look at Katsuki, confused. "What are you talking about?"

Katsuki huffed in annoyance. Do I really have to spell it out for her? Why do I have to be the one to help that damn IcyHot?

Katsuki hated having to defend his rival, but anything was better than the look of despair written all over your face. "He's all about rebelling against his father, right? If that's the case, he wouldn't even entertain the idea of marrying you let alone dating you, dumbass. He's doing it because he genuinely likes you, not because he's being forced to."

"Oh..." Your breathing became easier as Katsuki's words slowly sank in.

"That story about his mom..." You became rigid once more as Katsuki inquired about Shoto. "To be driven to such extremes... is his father really that much of a monster?"

You sucked in a breath, nodding as you looked away from Katsuki. He thought for a moment, putting two and two together. "That's why you won't tell him about your own abuse, isn't it?"

"Yeah," you let out a shaky breath. "I can't bring myself to put that on him as well."

Katsuki buried his face in your hair, regret filling him. "I'm sorry. You've been struggling through this all alone, just to protect the people around you, and the second I saw you I tried to drag it out of you."

You stood there, frozen in shock in his arms. Is he honestly apologizing about his actions?

Katsuki pushed you away from his body, his crimson eyes burning into your. "But you're not alone anymore, okay? You don't have to fight through this without help. I'll be here, whenever you need me. You have my number. I don't care if it's the middle of the god damn night, just call me if you ever need anything."

A small smile slowly spread across your face, your heart swelling. "Thank you, Katsuki."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 120 12
Fem. reader x Katsuki Bakugo My Hero Academia Fanfic ✨✨✨ (Y/n) wants more than anything to become a hero. But, she knows how hard it will be because...
7M 176K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
1.6K 50 24
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...
81.6K 2.1K 28
"Promise me you'll never stop loving me." "I promise I'll never stop loving you. If I ever do stop, I promise to fall in love with you once again." ~...