But Who's Counting?

By wowdaisy

"I'm pregnant with your child, Alex." Sophia was determined on convincing Alexander that besides her being pr... More

Chapter One: "Happy Birthday!"
Chapter Two: "Hell yes!"
Chapter Three: "Deal!"
Chapter Four: "Abortion."
Chapter Five: "Baby."
Chapter Six: "Control."
Chapter Seven: "Mamas,"
Chapter Eight: "Nicole."
Chapter Nine: "The Grinch."
Chapter Ten: "Merry Christmas!"
Chapter Eleven: "Pack your shit."
Chapter Twelve: "I'm jealous."
Chapter Thirteen: "Who is that?"
Chapter Fourteen: "Hold me."
Chapter Fifteen: "Your face."
Chapter sixteen: "They're kicking!"
Chapter Seventeen: "Just friends."
Chapter Eighteen: "Family dinner."
Chapter Nineteen: "Family Dinner cont."
Chapter Twenty: "Are you drunk?"
Chapter Twenty-One: "She's mine."
Chapter Twenty-two: "Just like you."
Chapter Twenty-three: "Basketball and Ice Cream."
Chapter Twenty-Four: "Vodka."
Chapter Twenty-Five: "Cravings."
Chapter Twenty-Six: "I'm calling the police."
Chapter Twenty-Seven: "Bash your skull in."
Chapter Twenty-Eight: "Who's is this?"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Relationship status."
Chapter Thirty: "Change your outfit."
Chapter Thirty-One: "Cinnabon."
Chapter Thirty-Two: "Sophia's Family."
Chapter Thirty-three: "Buddy System."
Chapter Thirty-Four: "Pool."
Chapter Thirty-Five: "Dumbo."
Chapter Thirty-Six: "Surprise!"
Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Shorty."
Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Wedding Bells."
Chapter Thirty-Nine: "Thor."
Chapter Forty: "Welcome home!"
Chapter Forty-One: "Five weeks."
Chapter Forty-Two: "You deserve to be happy."
Chapter Forty-Three: "Call Daddy."
Chapter Forty-Four: "Mommy's not happy."
Chapter Forty-Five: "Being loved."
Chapter Forty-Six: "She said what?"
Chapter Forty-Seven: "Here goes nothing."
Chapter Forty-Eight: "Unbelievable."
Chapter Fifty: "Alexander the Maniac."
Chapter Fifty-One: "Nose rings."
Chapter Fifty-One 1/2: "Jaisiah and Jalen."
Chapter Fifty-Two: "Moving like a sloth."
Chapter Fifty-Three: "Adult Brownies."
Chapter Fifty-Four: "That's not his pacifier."
Chapter Fifty-Five: "Water balloons."
Chapter Fifty-Six: "Baby gravy."
Chapter Fifty-Seven: "Happy Birthday!"
plan b(aby)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS !!
Bonus Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Eight: "August 23rd."
Official Sequel #1 Sneakpeek
Official Sequel #2 Sneakpeek

Chapter Forty-Nine: "You're stupid."

3.1K 201 39
By wowdaisy

Goal: 40 votes and 10 comments.

Important question: I've been writing (I do it whenever I'm bored) chapter of like Jaisiah, Jasmine, Jalen, and Maya when they are older, like 15 years later? Would y'all be interested in that? Probably not but hey! Some of them are already written.

"I wasn't sure whether he was drunk or not before but now? Yeah. He's definitely drunk. Maybe even wasted. Nope. Definitely wasted." Anthony says, looking at his brother as he walked towards me slowly. "Sophia, don't do this," Anthony starts, "You don't fucking deserve her. You know that?" Anthony snaps, taking a menacing step towards Alex. I couldn't even speak. It was a lot to take in.

His green eyes that I missed so much were filled with hope.

Will I marry him?

That's a big step. I know it's a big step.

I could never see myself getting married. But getting married to Alex? I definitely could see.

I could just imagine us in, maybe even in this house, talking about what was for dinner while Jaisiah and Jalen bickered with Jasmine and Maya tried to be the mediator. Then eventually, one of them will come, probably Maya, and talk about how somebody isn't being fair. Then Alex will go deal with it because we all know I'll be way too soft to deal with it.

"Sophia."

"You're a asshole." I accidentally spit out, seeing Alexander eyes drop. Before he asked me, he looked like he had been through hell and back again. When he asked me, he had every ounce of hope in his eyes that I could even think of.

"Nevermind. Do this, Sophia." Anthony says, taking a step back. My eyes never leave Alexander.

"You're incredibly selfish." I find myself saying, not even knowing where I would go with this. I was just speaking.

"I'm sorr-" Alex starts. I cut him off.

"I'm talking. I'm talking Alexander. Please, just let me talk." I beg, a cry like tone coming out of my mouth. Alex nods, a frown on his face. If he cries, I'm crying. It's official.

Word just fall out of my mouth, not caring exactly what I said and how his feelings were effected.

"Most of all, you're stupid. No, I'm not marrying you! You've officially went mad if you think I'm going to marry you." I surprise myself by saying.

"You act like it's my fault." He says. I could almost see his heart falling. Mine definitely fell.

"No. I love you but no." I say, staring at the floor. Both of our hearts were right there.

"Get out." Alexander's voice is low but before I can even process what he's said, Anthony had jumped over the couch and is on his way out the door while Chance is gripping my wrist, pulling me.

"He's going to explode." He says. I look back at Alex who's breathing heavily and practically shaking.

I follow Chance out of the door, only for my other wrist to be gripped. "Baby. My love. My queen. Please stay here."

"She's coming with us, back to your moms."

"Michael Chancellor Parker, I don't think I asked you. Remove your hand from my girl before I break it."

"You're not okay."

"Five seconds. Sophia, if you love him, tell him to let the fuck go if you before I snap his arm in half."

I look up at Chance with sad eyes. "It's okay. I'll be okay."

He reluctantly lets go and nods at me. "Any problems, call me. I'll be outside." Chance says, exiting the home after giving Alex one last warning stare. He leaves the door open.

"So, baby, would you like to repeat what you said earlier? As far as tests go, you failed." His grip on my wrist loosens.

I immediately dash outside the house, seeing Chance getting into his car. Anthony is still here as well, in the car behind him. I feel Alexander's prescience right behind me. It allures me to turn and look.

He pulled my hand before stepping towards me. "Look at me Sophia. Right now. You're not leaving here without hearing my side of the freaking story." He says, placing a hand under my chin and forcing me to look at him. My breathing went erratic as he did so.

I couldn't pull away from him, my face burning from his touch. I divert my eyes, looking right past him as he stared a hole into my head. "Look at me." He demands, his grip tightening on my chin. I let out a soft sigh, screwing my eyes shut before opening them again. My vision falls on Alexander. His eyes were a bright green, brimming with red. His face was stern, reminding me much of how he was when I first told him he was pregnant. When he was mean and rude to me.

"Turn around and get back into the house."

"No."

"It was not a question, Sophia. Let's go." He says, using the hand that was still on my wrist and guiding me back into his home for the last 44 days.

I walked behind Alex, flustered as I was pulled back inside. Alexander turned his head before saying a hurry up.

This better be good.

"At the field trip, when we went to that farm.." Alexander starts. "you were my buddy. You know how they told us not to leave our buddy? Well, you were the one that wasn't supposed to leave me. I remember you kept arguing about how I held your hand and all that day we kept adjusting and we finally settled on the most uncomfortable shit ever. But after that day, you were my partner for everything. Reading centers, toys, I used to push you on the swings. I thought we were best friends really. But then, when you left like just like that.. I wanted to cry. You didn't even tell me. I just saw you one day and the next day I didnt. But once I saw you again, I needed to talk with you. But I just couldn't intitate the conversation without being hurt. Then when I met Crissy, and I swear I didn't know she was a psychopath, - I ran into her outside your old apartment. I told her I was an old friend. She just updated me about your life and then we exchanged numbers. We had just talked. After we exchanged numbers, she would give me updates almost everyday then she gave me your number. Her and I were like best friends but it was you I wanted to be friends with. Then she met Chance and started to give less updates but I was the one who convinced her to take you out that night. I'm the one who told her to take you to the club. I promise I didn't mean to sleep with you, that was unplanned for. When you had started to flirt with me, I just reacted. But once you did start to flirt with me, I knew I was going to need more of you. Then we started just chatting and drinking and then I kissed you. I couldn't stop after that - I was craving you. Like a dog wants a bone. I needed you. Not just to fuck but to cherish. I'd never felt that zap like I felt it with you. That's when I had started to realize I was obsessed with you. That day you came to my house, I didn't want to say it but I was so happy. I'd had you locked in - I'm completely sorry for getting you pregnant but I do not regret it. Then we just grew closer and closer. When we first started going to appointments, you didn't even want me to come. Then when you has those stupid weird craving in the middle of the night and you kept calling me, I knew it. I just knew it. I was too far deep. I love you. That's when I knew. I would stay awake and time what time you usually asked for your craving and I'd make sure they were already prepared. Originally, I really wasn't gonna make you move in with Maya and I but she just begged me so damn much. I had to ask you and then at one point force you to. I thought about all the benefits of you moving in and there was just too much for you to not move in or the cons of you moving in. I thought. 'Hey we could watch over both her and the baby, never be late for our appointments PLUS I wouldn't have to go across town to deliver food for cravings.' I had my bedroom prepared for you. Maya was so happy to have you around. I was happy to have you around. Then we started doing things like we were dating, missing all our appointments. I am so in love with you, which is why when I heard you didn't want to see me again... I lost it. They had me escorted out the hospital. I lost it. I almo-"

"What?" I said, glancing up from my hands. Alexander's hair was getting longer too. His beard was starting to grow out again. He kind of stunk of alcohol and beer but he looked like a man on a mission. He was sitting across from me, gently bouncing his leg as he laid back against the seat.

"What, what?" He said, snapping his head up looking at me. His piercing eyes stared into mine. I felt mesmerized.

"When did I say I didn't want to see you again? You said you'd be back and you NEVER came back! Do you know how broken I've been? When you left and turned in stupid papers but didn't even come back to see your own kids? These are my first children Alexander! It's not easy! I can't do this. Three of them need to be fed and I only have two boobs? I have no time for myself to even eat. I can't do it, I just can't. Maya pretty much handles herself but if Chance and Anthony weren't here, I wouldn't be able to be right here right now. We all would have been dead because I cannot do this by myself, so I don't know where you got this fuck shit about me not wanting to be able to see you but you need to stop." I said, wanting to kill him. Oh, if looks could kill he would SO be dead.

"Why don't you check your voicemail?" He randomly questions.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I cried.

"Gimme your phone." He demands, putting his hand out for the slim device.

"I got a new one. You have my old one." I say, crossing my arms.

"No, I don't." He says, crossing his arms against his broad chest, mocking me. He stares me down while I reply.

"It was in your book bag."

"No, it's not." He says, cocking his head to the side. He thought that I was lying.

"I'm leaving. You said your side, yes?" I snap, standing again. Alex is hot in my trail, not letting me get a step out before sprinting into action.

"When's our wedding?" He says and I groan.

"Never." I grit, trying to pry his hold on me, off.

"We can elope right now." He suggests, his grip getting tighter.

"Alexander, get off of me." I want to scream. I just want to go home.

"Please don't make me kidnap you. We can be on the next plane to Vegas." His voice is dead serious, not even a hint of joking in it. Oh god. He's insane.

"You're insane." I grit out, turning around.

"Insanely in love with you." Alexander snaps. Before I can tell what's happening, I'm looking at his ass through his sweatpants. The band of his Klein's are showing slightly as the maniac starts running.

"Stop before I throw up." I cry out just as Alex decides the great idea to run up the stairs. I experience a near death when Alexander makes it seems like I am about to fall. My arms hug his legs. If I'm going down, he's going down. He chuckles before adjusting me and tightening his grip on me, pulling up to the last step.

All I can see is the hall way that he's weaving through. The blood rushing to my head is starting to make me feel weird.

This house is way bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Looks really can be deceiving. This hall led to ten different doors... actually, eleven. Alexander weaves into the eleventh.

He pulls me back over his shoulder, making my butt hit somethings fluffy and light. A bed.

"My head hurts now, asshole." I snap, hiring my hand against the bed.

"Are you alive?" He questions, a slight smirk on his face. This is not the heartbroken man that I came in contact with when I first saw him earlier.

"That's not the p-" I begin. Alexander cuts me off.

"That's what I thought, baby." He smiles before going through a drawer while I rub my temples. I move my neck around a little bit.

"Alexander Makai Parker, you're officially crazy." I say, nodding a little to myself.

"Crazy about you, my love." Alexander smiles back at me.

"What are we doing?" I question, seeing a smile on his face.

"Instead of running from our problems and not communicating, we are going to stay in this room until you say exactly how you feel, why you feel that way, and what I am going do to change it."

"Do you think that is going to make me marry you?" I ask.

"No. We are getting married either way. You're mine, baby. You're the one for me, I'm the one for you." He smiles sweetly. Yep, he's officially off the shits.

"I'm being held hostage." I realize, my eyes going wide as I stand up. Alexander sits in the bed next to where I previous sat. He grabs my wrist for the gazillionth time tonight and pulls me down.

"Talk." He says, his eyes piercing into mine.

He has officially fallen off of the deep end. He was going crazy. He must have been. This was it. This is the part where I get kidnapped and we live in a remote cabin in the woods because I denied my stalkers friend request. Or maybe he'll just skip to the part where he kills me, dices my body into small pieces, and uses my body as bait for fishing.

Or I'm crazy.

"What would you like me to sa-"

"Do you want me to start? Actually, no. I want you to start. Say exactly how you feel and why."

"I feel like I'm being held hostage." I say, lookin at the closed door in front of me. I roll my eyes before looking at Alex.

"Sophia Brooke fucking Matthews, can you take this serious? I'm trying to be fucking forreal. You're taking me as a joke." Alexander snaps. I guess he was right. I couldn't take him serious. He was acting weird.

"I think you're acting weird. I think that four kids scares the crap out of you. I think a lot of things. I think you don't trust me. I think you don't trust anybody. I especially think that you compare me to Leah way too much. I think you're going to leave again, eventually." I say while Alex's hand creeps up and down my thigh. I swat at it, frowning while he smiles back at me.

"Why do you think that?" Dr. Parker says, folding his hands together. He probably did that so he'll keep them to his damn self and stop touching all over me like a psycho.

"I think you're acting weird because I said no to you proposing to me. I think four kids scare the crap out of you because you got weird after you realized I had triplets and not twins. I think you don't trust me because you really thought I filed for a restraining order against you. I don't even have a lawyer. I'm my lawyer. You have to go to court and be in the court room for a restraining order to even go through! Why are you so stupid?" I snap, sounding more upset than I implied to. Alexander turns his head towards me.

"You're mad because you think I don't trust you. Well, let's change that. I do trust you. I trust you so much that when the nurse first told me, I told her that she had to m confused me with someone else because I knew you didn't. Then, when you didn't answer any of my calls and was avoiding me,I started getting iffy. Then, Andrew told me how you reacted and then I realized you didn't. I just continued to act like a jackass to Andrew because I wanted a reason to hate you. I needed one. I needed another reason to keep me fueled for having a restraining order placed between us. I needed a reason." He admits.

"Because you didn't trust me."

"I do trust you. I trust you enough that I'm willing to let you go after this conversation. I also trust that you'll change your mind after this conversation and we will have hot, passionate make up sex and then I'll go see my children that I miss dearly. Then more sex." Alex says, running a hand through his hair.

Sex. It's all about the sex to him.

"You're not taking me serious." I say, nodding my head.

"I'm taking you serious, I just want you to realize I'm serious too. You're a lawyer. I'm doing to let you defend yourself. I'll let you defend every possible point you could make. I'll let you prosecute me. I will be my own lawyer and then I'll make you realize just how wrong you are. We will be our own juries and judges." He sounds happy with what he's saying, so I look down.

"Not all courts use juries."

"Not the time, baby." Alex mumbles, gesturing for me to speak.

"I think you compare me to Leah way too much. I know you thought I was pulling a Leah. I wasn't." I whisper, barely able to find my own voice.

"I did and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to compare you to her but then it just happens." He admits.

"You're hung up on her." I tell him.

"I'm not." He immediately replies, as if t was second nature.

"No, you are. That's why everything I do, gets compared to Leah."

"Stop." He barks. He was getting angry now. Ohhh. Scary!

"No! You want to talk? Let's talk. Talk about Leah." I say, turning towards him. His face is flushed while he balls his hands into large fist.

"I have nothing to say about her." He grits out every word.

"Then I'm leaving." I say, standing up. I wasn't going to sit here for this. I walk towards the door for what feels like the fifth time tonight, only to be stopped by Alexander, for the fifth time tonight.

"Fuck you!" He says, standing.

"No, fuck you, Alexander! You left me for 44 fucking days raising your children! They are not just mine! They are both of ours so you know what that means? You get over your pathetic ass ex girlfriend and mentally get with your current girlfriend who fucking loves you and wants nothing but the best for you! I've been trying so hard. What else can I do?" I snap, turning around when I heard Alexander speak. If he wanted to y'all, we could talk, but I wasn't going to sit here and listen to him lie to himself.

"Fuck Leah! I don't give a fuck about her! I don't care! I don't care about her! How the hell can I prove that?" He says, his hands going wild.

"Stop comparing me to her. I think everytime I do something, your mind runs a diagnostic of how Leah would do this." I yell, my hands going to my sides.

"I'm not comparing you to her. You're scared I'm going to cheat on you like your stupid ex boyfriend, Marlon."

"Marcus." I correct, a habit.

"Are you hung up on him? That's what it sounds like." He retorts, dangerously cocking his head to the side.

"Because I remember his name? You're really fucking stupid." I nod, coming to my senses. How am I in love with this guy?

"No, because all of your problems are rooted at him. You know it, I know it, he knows it. Andrew told me you thought I was cheating on you." He says, repeating what I told Andrew. He read through me like a transparent book.

"Shut up." I repeat his words from earlier.

"You can talk about Leah but we can't talk about Malcolm?" He asks. I take a step forward, basically where I sat before but now I was standing. I still had to look up to Alexander. He had the height, weight, and composure advantage. I felt like I was about to break.

"Marcus, his name is Mar-" I find myself correcting once again.

Alexander pushes at me, throwing his leg over me. His hand wraps around my throat while he pins me to the mattress. He's straddling me and choking me. His lip is between his teeth while his chest moves up and down erratically. He lets out a deep breath. Yep, he was pissed.

"I don't give a single fuck what his name is." He says, menacingly. "Say it again like I care about it and I swear to god you'll forget it." He grits out.

My brain stops for a moment as I think of something to say. I had nothing to say back except nod my head and obey.

"I've told it this before and I'll say it again: I didn't love that toxic manipulative bitch. Leah manipulated me into getting her pregnant just for her to not even want my baby, Maya, anymore? I wasn't even heartbroken when we broke up. I didn't care! You want to know why? Because I didn't fucking love her. I didn't love her, the more I thought about it the more I realized it. The more I fell in love with you," he says, his grip tightening around my throat. I could still breath and he knew it, it was just slightly painful. I sacrificed everything for her but in the end I didn't love her. I love you! Not that.. bitch. I rarely even think about her. The only time I think about her is when I have to imagine a time where there was a sick bastard trying to kill my daughter. So, fuck her! Fuck her. Fuck her. Fuck her! Fuck Leah. She didn't love me and I didn't love her. I was young and I was very fucking stupid. Do you love me? I'm starting to think you don't. Maybe you just want out. This isn't about comparisons to Leah. This is because things are really serious now and you are scared. Isn't it?"

"No, it's not. I'm not scared, I just want to leave."

"Because you're scared. You know how much you love me but you're just scared I'll leave you. Newsflash, I won't. I'm not even letting you leave me and I'll be damned if I ever leave. I fucking love you. Do I need to say it in another language? Te amo, aloha wau iā 'oe, Im 'non amare, Estoy enamorado de ti, Je suis amoureuse de toi, Je suis amoureux de vous. I'm in love with you. I am hung up over you. Not her! So get it through your thick fucking skull." He grit out. His eyes oooked dangerous. He was on edge.

He was right.

I am scared.

All it takes is one person to walk by for him to change his mind and I am fucking scared. I didn't want to be a single mom. I definitely didn't want to have kids by thirteen different men.

"Get off of me." I say, feelings tears beginning to burn the back of my eyes. I can't do this. I can't.

I won't.

"Admit that I'm right and that you're just being difficult." He says, his eyes softening. They were swimming with love, which only made it harder to look at him. I divert my eyes, looking at his bare chest instead. Memories flood my mind of waking up naked and staring at his chest, leaving a trail on love bites on his chest, him walking around our home with his chest out and him and Maya bickering about neither of them having shirts on. I thought about the day I told him I was pregnant. When he opened the door, all I saw was his chest and the sleepy lines on his face.

And for some reason, I burst out into tears underneath Alexander hold. He was still on top and choking me, but his grip loosened. In .5 seconds later, I was being pulled into his lap while I sobbed like I was Jasmine in front of him.

Talk about #embarrassing.

"Baby, it's okay. You just have to heal and I promise I'll help you. I would never put you through that shit." Alex says, storming my hair as I turn into him.

"I don't want you to ever leave me." I cry, wiping my tears to look up at Alex. He was smiling, tears in his eyes as well.

"Are you pregnant? Your mood is changing faster than I can breathe. You just said you weren't going to marry me and now you're saying that you don't want me to leave you. Which one is it?" He coaxes. I know exactly what he wants to hear and I think I'll just deprive him of it for a few more seconds.

"Of course I'll marry you."

"See how easy that was? Why do you have to be so difficult, woman!" Alex smiles before kissing me.

I missed this.

-
This chapter was ass. It might not make sense. Sorry.

lol did y'all like this chapter?

Goal: 40 votes and 10 comments.

Important question: I've been writing (I do it whenever I'm bored) chapter of like Jaisiah, Jasmine, Jalen, and Maya when they are older, like 15 years later? Would y'all be interested in that? Probably not but hey! Some of them are already written.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 51.8K 33
GRAYSON ASTOR. New York City's most eligible bachelor was given an ultimatum-get married and earn the CEO position of his family company or remain si...
92K 5.2K 33
⚠️Although not necessary, I suggest you read Torn first since this story references characters from that story and may contain some spoilers. ⚠️ Alic...
485K 20.7K 21
"Mommy am I your child?" My mom looked down and chuckled at me. "Of course you are Theo." She said continuing to cut the vegetables that I hated. "...
12.7M 463K 52
Highest Ranking: # 15 in Romance on August, 5, 2018 Highest Ranking: #1 in CEO on December, 15,2018 Highest Ranking#1 in Interracial January,10,2020...