The Assassin Named Brooklyn n...

By WhoAllowedThat

Brooklyn Daniels, beautiful, seductive, and a master of poisons, is now on a journey of a lifetime. She is gr... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4| Acquaintances
5| Millions
6| Sake
7| Hands
8| Headphones
9| Cocktails
10| Friends
11| Cots
12| Ribs
13| Rome
14| Pills
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
31| Pasta
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 31.5 (Henry's Pov)
Chapter 31.5 (Keiko's Pov)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
46| Backseats
47| Fantasies
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
51| Ferris Wheels
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 54.5 (Jace's POV)
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5 (Henry's POV)
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 62.5 (Jackson's POV)
Authors Notes and Q&A
Open Discussion
Books I'm Writing!
Deadly Sins is Now Live and Available on Kindle Unlimited and Paperback

Chapter 26

15K 502 124
By WhoAllowedThat

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter

Make sure you vote!!!!!!!!

Chapter 26

"Brooklyn!" The Boss shouts. "Explain to me what happened!" Someone must have told him. My bet, Katherine is who told.

Bitch

"Umm about what?" I ask, slightly giggling. Maybe it's not what I think.

"Well, where do I start Brooklyn. Oh, I know. How about you compromising the whole mission with your amateur mistake."

"But-"

"No buts Brooklyn. You're off the case, return back to New York." I'm off the case? I fucked up but I don't think I deserve that. It was an honest mistake.

Stiffening in my chair, "Yes sir." I say attempting to end the call.

"Sir," Jackson interjects. Jackson picks up my wrists and talks into Clarrissa.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him. Jackson looks at me reassuring. Like he wants me to put all my trust into him.

"Let me handle it," Jackson whispers back. "Boss," Jackson says into the watch.

"Jackson? You're with her?" Seems like Katherine seemed to have failed to mention that.

"Yes, sir. But if I may and as respectful as possible. I'm in charge and I want Brooklyn to stay on the case. I need her, without Brooklyn we wouldn't have any of the information we have now. Brooklyn is important to the mission and I... no, we need her."

Does Jackson really mean that? I messed everything up, I could have been the reason why one of us died.

The boss goes silent. Jackson looks at me than my watch. "Fine," he says sternly. "But Brooklyn, you're on probation. Any more mistakes there will be hell to pay. Jackson, I want daily updates as well."

"Yes sir," Jackson says. The Boss hangs up the phone and I stare at Jackson's stupid face and slap his shoulder.

"Oww, what was that for?" Jackson says wincing

"You stupid idiot. Why would you do that? He could have kicked you off the case too. Why would you risk that?"

"Because I need you, Brooklyn."

"No, you don't. You have Henry and Keiko. They're more than enough." I say sinking into my chair.

"Don't sell yourself short Brooklyn. You did save everyone singlehandedly." Jackson says putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. Jackson's mouth turns into a tight line.

"Thanks, Jackson. Buckling my seatbelt, we should go. We've been gone for a while now. I bet everyone's probably curious about where we went."

The drive back to the shitty motel six doesn't take long at all. Jackson tries to cheer me up on our way back to the hotel. It sorta makes me feel better but I still feel bad. If I just thought a little then our mission wouldn't have been compromised.

Jackon grabs all the bags and brings them to my room. "Here," he says handing me a bag full of clothes.

"Thanks for tonight. It was fun. Well, the whole festival thing was." I say in front of the motel door.

"Yeah, it was pretty fun. For the most part." Digging into the bag, I pull out the picture of us.

"You can keep the picture if you want," I say handing it to him.

"No you take it," Jackson says.

"You sure?"

"Definitely, I don't like it anyway."

"Why?" I ask looking at the picture. It's amazing if I didn't see him draw it myself I would assume he took a picture of us.

"It looks nothing like me." Jackson holds up the picture next to him and makes the same face.

"I don't see what you're seeing. It looks exactly like you."

"No it doesn't, my head isn't nearly this big."

"I thought you knew," I snicker.

"Shut up," he says smiling. "Night Brooklyn."

"Night Jackson." Entering the room Katherine is laying on the bed watching television on full volume. "Jezz Katherine, how can you even think?" I ask her turning off the tv. I think I just got a headache.

"Why didn't you tell me about Keiko's snoring," Kathrine says massaging her temple. "What's that?" Eyeing the bag, I hold it up.

"Brought some things I think we might need." Throwing the bag towards her Katherine looks through it. "Sorry, we didn't have enough for Prada or whatever people wear nowadays."

Katherine holds up the cheetah print dress and holds it to her body. "I like it..." Did I hear her right?

"Huh? You said you like it? But it's not some name brand item or anything."

"I understand that based on the Walmart logo Brooklyn." She sneers, "but I do recognize when something looks good or not. Did Jackson pick this out?"

"No, I did." Katherine stares at the dress a little longer and throws it onto the bed. Katherine pulls out my box of cookies from the bag.

She starts to munch on them, I wanted those... Katherine turns the television back on and continues watching her show from earlier.

"You're welcome," I say walking towards the couch.

"Why? I didn't say thank you." She says while watching television causing me to roll my eyes.

Eyeing the television Katherine is watching Grey's Anatomy, I love that show. It looks like an older episode that I've seen but it's still good nonetheless.

"You a fan?" she asks.

"Yeah, I've seen every episode," I say while watching the screen.

"I wouldn't mind if you watched it with me." Is she inviting me to watch with her?

"Sure," I say walking towards the bed taking a seat next to her. Katherine puts the cookies in between us.

"That a nice dress your wearing." Looking down at it, I do like it.

"Jackson picked it out."

"It looks good on you," Katherine says picking up another cookie.

"Thanks," I pick up a cookie for myself and cross my legs onto the bed.

"You two were out for a while. I know it doesn't take almost four hours for a run to Walmart. What else did you two do?"

"We just walked around L.A nothing special really." We laughed, talked, ate nothing special really. It was fun, I had fun.

"Was it like a date or something?" Katherine asks nonchalantly.

"No," I laugh. "We were bored and we decided to hang out."

"So you two just went out."

"Yeah," I say nodding my head.

"So you went out with Jackson, a young, attractive, single, arguably rich man and nothing happened." Nodding my head.

"Yeah, we just hung out."

Katherine shrugs her shoulders. Katherine looks as though she's deep in thought for a moment. "Well, that's good."

"And why is that?"

"Because take it from me sleeping with a co-worker is bad news."

"Any experience?" I jest, maybe she'll tell me about Brandon.

Katherine looks at me knowingly. "I know, you know I slept with Brandon. No need to pry about it."

"How?"

"I saw you in the doorway. That was weird, by the way, you standing there."

"Sorry," I say looking down at my feet.

"It's alright I would have done the same. But you should stay away from any of the guys on the team it complicates things. I just recently realized that after the fact but oh well."

"I know, Jackson and I are sorta friends."

"Pfff, friends? I can see from a mile away that you like him. I can't quite tell if he likes you though. He's a little harder to read." So I'm not the only one who thinks that.

"I don't like him," I say defensively. Sure he's cute and all and the way he shoots a gun is swoon worthy but me like Jackson? That's absolutely hilarious.

"Sure, you don't." Katherine holds up a bucket in front of my face. "Would you be a dear and get me more ice. I ate it all."

Grabbing the bucket, "sure." I say, "I'll be right back."

Leaving the motel room, I see Jace. Why is he right outside my door?

Oh man, Oh man!!! Does Brooklyn like Jackson?

Does Jackson like Brooklyn?

Will Keiko ever stop snoring?

Are Katherine and Brooklyn becoming... dare I say cordial?

Why is Jace outside their door?

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z ~

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I didn't edit because fuck it... I'll come back one day and do it.

I hope you all have a super, amazing bonerrific, day, night, evening and afternoon.

Make sure you Vote, Comment and Share!!!!!

Bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 32.8K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...
2.6M 70.7K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...
106K 1.3K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
4.1M 104K 44
Her name is Alexia Ivanov. Every single person in the mafia knows her name. She is known as the Cold Blooded Assassin. She kills her enemies in the...