♡Wolf x Red Riding Hood♡(Edit...

By Kishize

The story "red riding hood". A childhood classic where the wolf attacks little red riding hood and the huntsm... More

Authors' Note
<Butterfly fly fly to you>
<You Can't Interact>
<I'm not worthy>
<To see you again>
<We meet once again>
<You don't remember me>
<I like him>
<Bookshelf>
<Dreams>
<Revelations>
<Where are you>
<Out of the oridinary>
<Soup>
<Confession>
<Arising>
<Knock Knock>
<Why>
Christmas Special: <Magic>
<Asphiyxia>
<Isolated>
<Roar>
Valentine's special:<Under the stars>
<Goodbye>
<Sakura Bloom>
<Apology Accepted>
<Who>
<Minako-obasan>
<I will>
<Annoying>
<Migraine>
<Sports Festival>
<Seal>
<Cultural Preparations>
<Jealous>
<Cider>
<Cultural festival Part 1>
Halloween Special:<The Woods>
<Cultural festival Part 2>
<Closure>
<Epilogue>

<Beast>

31 4 0
By Kishize

Hana's POV
"Suno-Chan! How are we going to pull them together again?" I whined as Karasuno and I swung back and forth. A week or two had passed and Akazuki could not stop bothering me about Ōkami. "I don't know Hana, I had promised Ōkami we would stay away from her." He said sighing, his words heavy. I sighed too. What was it with those two?! Sure Akazuki had lost her memory so she cannot be to blame but what was wrong with Ōkami? Even Karasuno did not know. "Argh! It's so annoying to see them go back to that state of oblivion to each other's attraction for each other!" I shouted out in rage. It made Karasuno chuckle as he continued to swing. "There is no way to force them together. They would just have to fall in love again. And the only thing we can do to help is bringing them together intentionally while seeming unintentional, or we'd just have Cupid work his magic." Karasuno said lightly. The sudden change in tone was surprising. Even he who wanted the best for his friend knew that feelings between them could not be forced. I understood his words too but...I really wanted to see them together again. Or I would blame myself forever. As I was the cause for the change in their fates.

If only I had not been so excited, if only I had not run across the road. Then all of this would not have happened and they would have had their happy ending. It was all...all..."All my fault..." I mumbled out, tears flowing out all of a sudden. I stopped swinging, started looking down at my feet, crying, letting my tears drop down. It was all my fault. The creaking of the swing beside me stopped. The shuffling of the dirt was heard, getting louder and louder as he came closer to me. Then I felt a warm body surround me. Hugging me tightly, his sharp chin rested on my head. "It's not your fault Hana. It's just the flow of time...even if they don't work out, just remember...you'll always be mine." Karasuno's low voice whispered to me. It was comforting and it soothed the troubles in my heart. But I know I had to do something, even if it was just a minor thing. I had to make sure they were together again. Letting go of the metal chains which held the swing, I wrapped my arms around his waist. Taking in a deep breath, inhaling his mellow orange scent. What did I do to deserve such a boy?

For the next few weeks, Akazuki kept telling me about Ōkami. Bugging me to ask Karasuno to introduce him. I found it great that she wanted to see him, it would have made my job so much easier. However, he did not want to be near her at all. I have noticed Ōkami's actions when we walked past him. Always shrinking away, trying to hide his face from her. Karasuno and I's eyes would meet, and all we could do was sigh and watch the oblivion between the two unlike their previous romance.

Ōkami's POV
What was wrong with Karasuno? He keeps going to Hana's class so much. Dragging me along when he did. I did not want to face her at all. Didn't he say we would avoid her? Why is he bringing me then! Every single time I step into that classroom...my heart hurts so much that I just wanted to rip it out of my chest and throw it away. It hurts so much to see her. How other guys flirt with her and she flirts back occasionally. How so many people flock her and that she was not shy anymore. Talking to them openly, showing her smile. The smile that was only supposed to be mine! She said that she would always fall for me no matter what happened, but why has she not come up to me? Because I was avoiding her? She could always confront me. It was all a big lie! How could she have played with me like that!

All these thoughts fumed through my mind every time I went there. But what my heart said was different from my head. I really do still love her. The way she laughs, her smile, how her scarlet eyes glimmered and how her snowy hair swished behind her. She always took my breath away. And I was just jealous of the attention everyone else got. Jealous that I was not the only one that saw her breathtaking smile. I was not sure if she lied then but even if she did, my heart knew that deep down it would always love her. As she was the only one...

However, she could not know all that was in my heart. Only whatever that was in my head. As I will cause her only harm and nothing else. I wonder when she became such an interactive butterfly instead of the shy bunny I once knew. She is so different now, none the less she was still the one I wanted no matter how much I pulled back.

(Some random day few weeks after this)

Akazuki's POV 
"Most of the Brothers Grimm's tales were altered back in..." literature was one of my favourite subjects in school, however I was really tired today. I had spent the night wondering about that mysterious boy. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my arm. "Ouch!" I yelped in pain. It came from my right, it was definitely none other than Hana. "Yes Asumi-San, do you have anything to say about the Grimm's version of the story we shall be doing?" The teacher asked in a stern but gentle voice. I knew he was not really scolding me but he had to for the sake of face. He could not show that he was biased to me, his star student. However I was the star student of many teachers too. I grin sheepishly at him, "Nope Rai-Sensei. No problem at all." He looked at me and nodded, a subtle smile on his lips.

*Just a note, Rai-Sensei is a literature teacher and also the pervert lion which preys on Akazuki. Sorry I never name the teachers

I slapped myself a few times, trying to keep awake. I had to concentrate! Rai-Sensei continued talking about the book we would be doing. 'Le Petit Chaperon rouge' or in English, 'Little Red Riding Hood". It was one of my favourite childhood tales. Mother was always reading it to me, every bedtime or whenever I wanted a story. I liked little red a lot, she was so brave to face off Mr Wolf like that. Mother knew how much I liked her and sewn a cape exactly like hers for me. It made me proud to wear it! Though I have never had any encounter with a wolf before. The cape had become shorter over time as I grew up, so mother had made another for me and I wore it every time I ventured into the woods. This would definitely be one of the most enjoyable books which I would be doing for literature.

Finally lessons were over and lunch was here. Thank goodness I had not fallen asleep a second time during the lesson. I was getting my bento out from my bag when Rai-Sensei called my name. "Hai Sensei?" I asked as I walked up to the front of the class. "Sorry to trouble you Akazuki, but could you help carry the books?" I nodded taking the stack off the table. However, once we had left the class Rai-Sensei took half of it off to carry by himself. "Hm, I'm surprised it's you that is helping me today Akazuki, you've always been a shy student. But recently after you've come back something has seemed to change. What happened?" Rai-Sensei questioned me, a gentle smile on his face as he looked at me. I looked at him with a curious look, wondering what he meant. Was I not always like how I am now? Well I was shy in middle school but he could not possibly have known that, could he? "I don't know what you mean Rai-Sensei." I replied giggling. He nodded and continued smiling back at me.

Once we had reached the storeroom, i put the books on the shelf. I was about to walk out and head to the vending machines when Rai-Sensei called out my name again. I turned and looked at Sensei raising my eyebrows. "Would you ever date a guy like me Akazuki?" He asked in a cheeky voice, smirking at me. I laughed. Rai-Sensei was sure good looking and I would date him, if I were older. "Well Sensei...you sure are good looking. But we are teacher and student now are we...?" I said slowly in a low syrupy tone. His expression seemed to be shocked, he even looked almost blushing? "Bye Sensei!" I chirped, stuck out my tongue then slammed the door shut and ran towards the vending machines. What Rai-Sensei asked was definitely weird, but well I would just ignore it. I mean, he could not possibly be hitting on me when he could get anyone he wanted.

As I got to the vending machines, I put in some coins. Choosing the drink I wanted. Apple juice. I always loved the smell and taste of apples. I chose another drink for Hana too. Clink clink, bam! The change came out and so did the drinks. Collecting the remaining coins I put them in my wallet and took the drinks. As I got up after bending down, I would hear some footsteps behind me. The vending machine corner was often secluded.

I turned to see myself come face to face with a few boys. I was not too sure who they were but they were definitely students here. One from each level, they all looked stunningly handsome. "Princess." The one in the middle begin to speak, smirking slightly at me. At the same time they all bowed down, lifting up and staring straight at me. "We are what the school proclaims to be the three best men. All wanting to take your hand, who would you choose?" They questioned together, their hands out as they got closer and closer. Who were they? Sure they looked familiar, overly familiar in fact. I always saw girls fawning over them. They got closer and closer, retracting their hands as they begin to surrounded me. Just like how vultures surround their prey. My heart beat quickly up and down in my chest. Who were they? What did they want with me? Was there not so many other girls prettier than I am. What was with people and asking me out today? Why were they doing this...

Ōkami's POV
The faint scent of honeyed apples drifted across my nose. It smelled absolutely mouthwatering, it was intoxicating. I followed it. Walking walking the scent got stronger and stronger, almost as if drawing me in purposely. It was her scent. I knew it was, and I loved it. As I got closer I could hear a few voices mumbling. They sounded familiar. Like voices of the 'three best men' or so they call themselves. The male prodigies of the school. I continued walking to where her scent led me. Curious of to why she of all people would be here with them, in such a secluded corner in the school. I moved stealthily getting closer to them, and a scene emerged. The three of them cornered her, all with smirks on their faces and lustrous scents coming off off them. I could feel my blood boil just at this very sight.

"Pl-please leave me alone." She squeaked quietly. Just like the shy Akazuki before her coma. Fear adorned her vermillion eyes as she trembled ever so slightly in fear. Bubbling bubbling my blood felt like a brew, I could feel my the heat surround me. How dare they...

Akazuki's POV
Something swift ran, I did not know what. All I saw was a flash of black, it came out of no where. Putting itself between me and the boys. I could feel a heated aura coming off it. I peaked my eyes opened after closing them in fear. In front of me, I could see another boy. In none other than the school's uniform and he had raven hair. The heated scent which emitted off him, a musky and woody smell with a hint of apples. It smelt familiar, like I had smelt it somewhere before. I was so afraid of the boys, even him which seemed to be shielding me. However the raven boy's presence and smell, it soothed me. Oddly.

Ōkami's POV
I stood between them, putting my arms out. Covering her, shielding her. My vision seemed to go hazy for a while, I was extremely enraged. No no, I could not let that happen. I did not need my animal counterparts to pop out. I stood there growling at them. Their expressions were of shock for a moment, but then changed to those of amusement. "Well isn't this a joke. The beast protecting the princess from the prince? Shouldn't it be the other way around?" He spoke smugly. His eyes were filled pride and annoyance. I growled once more, "Back off! She already told you guys to leave her alone!" I shouted back at them. They did not back down, but they encircled is even further.

I could feel her trembling tremendously behind me. The fear could be smelt in her scent. I know she was afraid. Afraid of...me. It pained me as I thought of it. But I wanted to protect her. I needed to. I just cannot leave her alone. Tears had threatened to drop but I held them in. I cannot show weakness when in a fight. "Why don't you go back to your cave heartless beast?" One of the boys taunted me again. Their threats will never work on me. If I could endure a whole year, this was nothing. I smirked at them. My hand found its way to his collar, pulling him up onto the air. This was just a scare. A real threat would be by the neck. "Back off! Or I'll rip the smug smiles off your pretty faces." Their eyes widened in fear. They may seem like the perfect boys, but really they were just scaredy-cats. Of course, they did not want to be seen in this light in front of their 'princess' thus a facade was put on. They also did not want their pretty faces to be destroyed as it was the key to their popularity. "F-fine! Get your dirty hand off me mutt!" He taunted, voice gruff. I let his collar go and he fell straight to the ground on his bump. The loud sound which echoed through the corridor satisfied me. "Princess we will be back for you. And beast you better watch your back!" He said threatening me before the three of them ran of their tails tucked between their legs. That was metaphorically not literally, I did not feel any transformation magic around them.

Akazuki's POV
Just like that the boys ran off. Who was this boy which saved me? I wanted to know who he was but...Hana would be wondering why I was so late. "Eh...thank you. I hope to see you around." I whispered. Before I scuttled off back to class I managed to get a glimpse of his face. His messy raven hair covered his face a little, but I could see his eyes through them. They were shining azure blue.

It was him...

Ōkami's POV
There was something in her eyes. Not physically, but feeling-wise. What was it? They suddenly lit up with something, they were shining. Her lips had even curled up into a little smile. What was that? However she ran off before I could say anything. I wanted to chase after her, hold her in my embrace and tell her everything was fine now and I would protect her. But no, I could not do that. I just cannot. I had to hold myself back. I should not even have done that, but I had to protect her. Well then, so long to wanting to avoid her anymore.

Akazuki's POV
I ran back to class as fast as I could, the thoughts in my mind swirling as fast. Oh gosh why would he help me like that? Even though we did not know each other at all? Thinking about it made me blush hard. He was so...so brave, and kind. To help someone he did not even know. Though...why did they call him a 'heartless beast'? He was so nice this Ōkami guy. I felt even more drawn to him now.

When I got back to class, the whole ordeal just seemed to spill out of my mouth as I told every single little detail to Hana. Her expression, there were so many feelings shown. Every time I mentioned his name, my heart fluttered beating faster and I felt slightly heated. His face kept going around in my mind. His eyes were so pretty, like sapphire orbs which shined perfectly. I felt so hypnotised every time I looked at them. They were so dreamy...

Karasuno's POV
"I see you've gone against your own words Ōkami." I say flatly as we strolled in the forest. He turned to face me abruptly, pushing me against a tree. His eyes wide and mouth agape. "How did you know?" He asked hurriedly his voice anxious. I pushed him off with one hand smirking at him. Combing my hand through my hair I looked at his worried face. I placed a hand on his shoulder and pat him a few times. "Relax pup. It hasn't spread yet, Hana told me. Though...it may spread soon so watch out. You're dealing with the three most popular men in our school after all." I said. He seemed slightly more relaxed at the beginning of my sentence. However, he seemed to tense up after hearing my last few words. But relaxed once again and sigh. "Let's race. I wanna get my mind off everything." He said exasperated. I nod. Both of us transformed into our animal forms and ran throughout the woods. Changing to our half forms occasionally to pick sweet juicy apples as a snack. Fun but tiring it was. Though I wondered the entire time, were all these calamities to test their love? Because Ōkami was always drawn back to her no matter what.

___________________________

*Extra side characters :D
~Ishikawa Koharu-"Queen" of the third years'. Rules with an iron first, is nice at times but can be a total bitch too. And she always gets what she wants

~Matsuoka Satchiko-"Belle" of the first  years'. Sweet and rly lucky she's liked by most and admired Akazuki

~Nishimoto Daiki-"King" of the third years'. Childhood friend of Koharu. He's very kind and loved by everyone by everyone. But when he wants something he does all the dirty deeds

~Kai Junichiro-"Prince" of the second years'. Cunning, charming, smart he gets it his way.

~Tsuitsui Kiyoshi-"Ace" of the first years'. He's a bishōnen, a slightly shorter than the average male and acts like a shota. But rly deep down he's an intellect that will use he's brain to create ways and means to get what he wants.
___________________________

Note: Akazuki is obviously the "Princess" of he second years'. Meanwhile Ōkami is dubbed the "Heartless Beast" of the second years' for what he supposedly did to Akazuki.
___________________________

And that's that for the next chapter. Why are so many boy finally opening hitting on her? Ōkami sucks at new year resolutions doesn't he? Well anyways, I hope you've enjoyed the chapter!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 100 22
Scarlet was your average girl, seventeen year old who has no clue about what she'll be when she grows up. But none of that matters anymore, because S...
62K 1.2K 43
Mommy, can you read me a bedtime story?' 'Of course, what would you like?' 'Little red riding hood.' 'Okay. Once upon a time...' Little red riding ho...
Little Red By Roli

General Fiction

9.3K 356 56
Jonathan Wolff may be a golden boy with money but what he really wants is someone he can protect, love and share a life with and the best part have t...
376 73 12
The woods are not a place for a girl like her. She knows. But it only makes her more curious. Curiosity killed the cat, she was warned. She did not g...