Two Hearts in a Cold Street

By heoltrouble

Two souls would never far away from each other, they said. But what if there's two old souls couldn't recogn... More

The Casts
1. Hi~
2. Curious Cat
3. Telling Friend
5. No, no, no
6. Encouragement
7. Doodle Club
8. Sweetener
9. A Night To Remember
10. Us
11. After
12. Distraction
13. Friends
14. Time Ticking
15. Coincidence
16. Q and A
17. Mitchell's Birthday Surprise
18. It was okay
19. You, again
20. Pain(t)ball
21. Competition
22. I heard here and there
23. Between Men
24. Family Dinner
25. Begging
26. An Uninvited Cupid
27. New Friend
28. It's a Date
29. Dean's Story
30. Progress?
31. Well..
32. He's here!

4. Catching Feeling

50 5 3
By heoltrouble

Two months has been passed and we were getting to know each other better. If last month we learned to know basic information of each other then now we're getting more comfortable, Dean wouldn't hide his real attitude. He show more emotions, like how he upset about his workmates who tried to backstabbing him, how he could be so whiny and acted like spoiled kid when he's sick. He's such an attention seeker when he sick, constantly grumbling about his condition.

Which I found it cute, though.

This was kind of our routine, if we were too busy to send each other message in a day, then we would talking to each other via phone call or video call to catching up on each other's day.

"Do I need hair cut?" Dean asked, placing his face little bit further from screen so I could see his whole face.

Damn you and your good genes!

I examined his features, he was leaning comfortably on the couch with his fingers raked on his hair, jet black hair which his slightly long at front side, leaving it as messy bangs on his head.

He still looked good, but if I could be honest, I prefer the clean cut Dean.

"Yeah, your bangs look messy." I said, my voice cracked, such a fail attempt to hide my nerves. I just hoped he didn't notice that my cheeks were red.

"Is it?" He looked so lost but cute as he played with his hair, slightly pulling them.

"You look good without bangs.." I commented, earning his smirk.

"Really?"

He was back at over confident Dean and I wasn't in a mood to feed his ego.

"Forget it." I rolled my eyes then he chuckled.

"Come on, so I look better with clean haircut?" I could see he was grinning ear to ear.

I nodded in agreement. With that face, I'm sure he could pull any kind of hairstyles. It's just that I love to see him neat and clean.

"I'll cut them tomorrow then." he said casually.

"Send me the picture after."

Actually, I tried my luck, he usually send picture of food, or thing that he do and so do I. We haven't exchange picture of ourselves.

"Will do." He smiled then we both went silent.

He was staring at me which made me somehow uncomfortable even we only had staring contest in video call.

"What?" I finally asked.

He gave me small smile before he say, "We need to meet in real, don't we?"

I was excited by his words but I didn't want to look obvious.

Of course I want to see you!

"But you said you're still busy."

"Sadly, I do.." he sighed, "I'm sorry.. but this project will be finished in a month, then I'll be back to Seoul so hopefully we can meet eachother soon."

Meet Dean...
He wants to meet me...

"Are you sure?" I didn't want to get my hope high only for being disappointed.

"I'm sure, if I'm going back to Seoul at least our distance will be more bearable." He sounded serious, his eyes were like looking into my soul.

"Okay.." I reluctantly agreed.

"Charlie.."

"Yes, Dean?"

"I--"

Before he could finished his sentence we were disrupted by a voice from his side, "Sir, we have trouble!"

Dean wasn't paying attention to me anymore, I could see he put his phone on the table because my screen was showing me the ceiling.

I heard people talking but hardly could listen what they're talking about, just then he reappeared in my phone screen.

"Hey, sorry I have to go." He apologized and his facial expression hardened.

"Something bad happen?" I asked, getting worried because I could sense something bad happen there.

"My employee got an accident." He looked stressed.

"Oh my--"

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" He urged, sound more like command than question.

"Okay, but-" my sentence hung in the air because second after the screen went blank, meaning that Dean has ended the video call.

I guess I have to wait for the update.

----

Next day

"We absolutely need to come, Char!" Kyunghee exclaimed out of the blue. We were at bakery shop nearby, having our dinner after working.

"What? Where" I looked at her dumbfounded. My mind wasn't in a good track today, probably because I have tons of paper work at the office, preparing for presentation on next Thursday.

And the most important was I miss Dean.

He hasn't send me any updates about his condition since last night and it's almost 24 hours since then. Somehow it made me worrying his whereabouts.

"Jay Park concert tour!" Kyunghee waved her phone excitedly me, instantly dragging me out from my thoughts.

"No way." I squinted at her, one hundred percent doubting her.

We both loves Jay Park, that sexy man alive who can sing, dance, rap, and don't forget that he has beautiful voice plus gorgeous abs. After quite long time we're waiting him to hold a concert and now finally...

"Yes way!" She literally shoved her phone to me so I could see it by myself.

I swear I was like a teen girl when I saw the announcement on Instagram.

"Noooowayyyyyy, for real? Jay Park? He will hold a concert?" I could hear myself screeching in high tone like a teenager then looking at Kyunghee, asking for her confirmation that ot wasn't a dream.

The life of fan girl.

"Yes, yes, yes!" She nodded enthusiastically.

I scrolled on her insgram feed and found another picture of Jay Park, his caption written that he confirmed his solo concert amd he couldn't wait to meet all of his fans. He will start the tour from Seoul to some countries in Asia then next to USA.

"Look at this!" I proudly giving back her phone.

"Oh. My. God." We squealed automatically.

"We need to buy the tickets, right? We can't leave out and let that sexy guy slip away from us, we just can't!" Kyunghee was busy rambling in her own excitement.

"Absolutely, I'm going to see Mr. Jaebum!"

"Rightttttt, let's buy the tickets before they all sold out!"

"Where will it be?" I asked after we calm down a little.

"Seoul, next month." Kyunghee answered nonchalantly, her eyes still fixed on her phone.

Seoul..
Seoul....

Kyunghee suddenly looked up at me, "Hey, your Dean is also at Seoul right? You can meet him there!"

"But.."

"You said he's going to come back at Seoul next month, that's your chance!" She pointed out, slightl more passionate than myself.

"Is it?" I found myself asking, but not sure to Kyunghee or to myself.

"Yeah, you guys have been talking to each other for almost three months, don't you want to know how your Dean looks like? How tall he is? How handsome he is?"

Of course I want to meet him, I want to know how he looks like. I want to see if his hair soft like it looks on screen in our usual video call. I want hear his laugh directly, not from phone.

I want to meet him and spend day together with him.

"O-okay. But first, he's not my Dean. So stop said 'your Dean', he isn't mine."

Kyunghee only gave me a blank expression as if she didn't buy my words before added, "Not yet, not yet. Look at yourself when you said that, liar."

"I'm not!" I felt my cheeks turning red but I refuse to give her satisfication by admitting her words.

"We'll, we'll see.. keep deny it if it can make you sleep at night~" she was having fun teasing me.

Just then I heard my phone beeped, indicating that I have one new message. I quickly took my phone from the table and checked it.

It was from Dean, he sent me his picture with a message.

Dean : How do I look? 😗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 1.2K 23
A story about a girl named Minyoung who suddenly get close with her long time crush who rejected her before.Lot of things happened but will both of t...
56.2K 4.5K 23
wherein a girl cursed with immortality meets another cursed soul. © FLAUVIER 2021 ENHYPEN FANFIC NAR...
218 23 11
Two wandering souls are waiting for someone to come and sweep them off their feet after their breakups. Can they find each other?
624K 27.3K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...