But Who's Counting?

By wowdaisy

"I'm pregnant with your child, Alex." Sophia was determined on convincing Alexander that besides her being pr... More

Chapter One: "Happy Birthday!"
Chapter Two: "Hell yes!"
Chapter Three: "Deal!"
Chapter Four: "Abortion."
Chapter Five: "Baby."
Chapter Six: "Control."
Chapter Seven: "Mamas,"
Chapter Eight: "Nicole."
Chapter Nine: "The Grinch."
Chapter Ten: "Merry Christmas!"
Chapter Eleven: "Pack your shit."
Chapter Twelve: "I'm jealous."
Chapter Thirteen: "Who is that?"
Chapter Fourteen: "Hold me."
Chapter Fifteen: "Your face."
Chapter sixteen: "They're kicking!"
Chapter Seventeen: "Just friends."
Chapter Eighteen: "Family dinner."
Chapter Nineteen: "Family Dinner cont."
Chapter Twenty: "Are you drunk?"
Chapter Twenty-One: "She's mine."
Chapter Twenty-two: "Just like you."
Chapter Twenty-three: "Basketball and Ice Cream."
Chapter Twenty-Four: "Vodka."
Chapter Twenty-Five: "Cravings."
Chapter Twenty-Six: "I'm calling the police."
Chapter Twenty-Seven: "Bash your skull in."
Chapter Twenty-Eight: "Who's is this?"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Relationship status."
Chapter Thirty: "Change your outfit."
Chapter Thirty-One: "Cinnabon."
Chapter Thirty-Two: "Sophia's Family."
Chapter Thirty-three: "Buddy System."
Chapter Thirty-Five: "Dumbo."
Chapter Thirty-Six: "Surprise!"
Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Shorty."
Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Wedding Bells."
Chapter Thirty-Nine: "Thor."
Chapter Forty: "Welcome home!"
Chapter Forty-One: "Five weeks."
Chapter Forty-Two: "You deserve to be happy."
Chapter Forty-Three: "Call Daddy."
Chapter Forty-Four: "Mommy's not happy."
Chapter Forty-Five: "Being loved."
Chapter Forty-Six: "She said what?"
Chapter Forty-Seven: "Here goes nothing."
Chapter Forty-Eight: "Unbelievable."
Chapter Forty-Nine: "You're stupid."
Chapter Fifty: "Alexander the Maniac."
Chapter Fifty-One: "Nose rings."
Chapter Fifty-One 1/2: "Jaisiah and Jalen."
Chapter Fifty-Two: "Moving like a sloth."
Chapter Fifty-Three: "Adult Brownies."
Chapter Fifty-Four: "That's not his pacifier."
Chapter Fifty-Five: "Water balloons."
Chapter Fifty-Six: "Baby gravy."
Chapter Fifty-Seven: "Happy Birthday!"
plan b(aby)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS !!
Bonus Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Eight: "August 23rd."
Official Sequel #1 Sneakpeek
Official Sequel #2 Sneakpeek

Chapter Thirty-Four: "Pool."

3.7K 165 51
By wowdaisy

Should I make a Instagram for this account/book?

Sophia's POV

It was our second day in California and my mom dragged me up at the ass crack of dawn to get my dress fitted. We stayed there for about four hours. I didn't get to meet Quincy's fiancée and I was kind of glad. I was mildly nervous about meeting her.

I still didn't even know her name.

Quincy barely talks about her and for her wedding to be soon, neither does anybody else in the house.

Anyways, the dress fitting went alright. I just don't like standing there for so long. My ankles are swelling just thinking about it.

Now, we are driving back. It's 11:30 am now and Alexander had texted me earlier, asking where I was at. I didn't even get a chance to respond because my mother took my phone saying 'you guys need to learn to not be all up on each other'.

Even though we are not. Only mildly.

Not my fault he can't keep his hands to himself.

I can't help that I'm delectable.

Now, my mom is driving and I'm sitting in the passenger seat. In the back seat is my cousin Amanda and Chloe. Both of their dresses are fitted but they tagged along for the gossip.

They talked for hours about random things during the fitting, most of which didn't even have anything to do with anything. I zoned out a couple of times, not really concerned about who had gotten a boob job recently or how Austin's sister dyed her hair and it looked terrible. Some of the people they talked about, I didn't even know.

"Is he good in bed, Sophy?"

I snap out of my zone, for obvious reasons, trying to figure out what we were talking about previously.

Amanda asks me again from the backseat. Her face peers over the seat as she awaits a answer.

I feel like the car gets dead silent. Even my Mother is waiting for an answer.

I debate whether or not to tell the truth or not.

Should I say "hell yeah, he is. I'd pay to have sex with him."

Or do I say, "is that an appropriate question?"

"Well, he must be if she got pregnant this young. You know she swore she wasn't going to have kids until she was thirty."

Thanks, Mom.

"I feel like he has a big dick, sorry Chloe."

"Okay, Manda. That is completely out of pocket." My mom says while my face flushes. "He does." I blurt out, not evenmeaning to.

"I knew it! 5 to 9 or like 9 plus?"

"I'm not answering that."

"At least tell me whether or not you guys are going to have more kids. I can already tell you guys are going to have some cute little mixed babies."

"He wants six kids. I want three."

"Well, you're father wanted four."

"Speaking of kids, you're pregnant?" I ask, finding the perfect time to divert attention off of me. I remember Quincy mentioning that she was.

"I mean, no. We are trying."

"Mom.."

"I know what you're going to say! But if not I want to adopt. I don't have anybody to look after anymore."

"Quincy literally lives with you, Auntie." Chloe says, speaking again. "I live with you."

"Y'all don't need me. If I gave you a hundred thousand dollars and told you to survive for the next few weeks then you'd be able to. I want a small baby."

"Just take one of Sophia's."

"Alexander would have my head."

"Green eyes daughter is so precious. I love her." Amanda says,

"Chris told me last night he want to have a kid so it would be like Amaya. She's so smart and pretty. Sophia, when y'all leave just leave her here."

"She loves you. Quincy too. It's so adorable." Amanda said. I knew she loved Quincy. They were practically best friends when he was in New York and when he had to leave? Yeah, that was a heartbreaking sight for me too.

"It is. She wanted to get in the pool last night and Chris promised he'd take her today and Quincy wants her to be flower girl." My mom says as she stops at the stoplight. I stay quiet. I already know another question is about to be asked.

"Have you guys thought of names?"

Like I said, I already knew.

"Maya has. Marie. Alexander and I can decide. The first born always starts with A so I don't know if he wants A names for the twins because technically Maya's the first born but yeah. I don't know." I ramble, shrugging my shoulders at the end. It was the truth. While Alexander and I had talked about it a couple times, we never actually decided on definite names. We don't even know the genders really.

"Interesting. Now, back to green eyes. Summer wedding?"My mom asks, pulling into the road where our house was.

"Mom! Can I just talk about it later? Ask Alex." I practically beg. I don't know if I can take it.

Saying he was my fiancée was a bad idea, I admit.

"I will." She says, parking the car. We all climb out and walk up the driveway. When we get into the house, we immediately all hear the splashing and laughing from the indoor pool. I heard Maya's squeal along with Chris's laugh.

Sounds like Maya got her wish.

"Daddy, I thought you said we would go to Disney world." Maya asks, again.

"Amaya Elizabeth. We have literally been here for 48 hours. Can you chill?"

Somehow, I knew she would ask soon. We were going to Disney next week. She didn't know that though. I just hope she doesn't keep asking me about it.

"You said we could go to Disney world 48 years ago!" Maya frowns, looking over at me

"I'm not even half of forty-eight yet." I mumble, pulling out my phone. It was now 12 o'clock and Sophia still hadn't texted me back. I texted her around 10:30-ish and I hadn't received a reply. Quincy said Stephanie (their mom), Amanda and Chloe (their cousins), and Sophia may have went to get her dress fitted.

Since she had a watermelon for a stomach and all.

Quincy's words, not mine.

"Uncle Quincy, where's your girlfriend?" Maya asks, flicking her tongue out. It was a habit she had, I realized, whenever she got extra curious or knew she was going to get in trouble, she would always flick her tongue out and just move it around until whatever that was going to happens or be said, is said/happens.

"Honestly, I have no idea. Where ever she is, she can stay." He whispers the last part, sliding down in his chair.

"You don't like her?" Maya curiously asks.

"I have a bad feeling about her."

"Is that the cold feet kicking in?" Jamal asks, dipping his feet into the water.

"I told you, I don't trust her." Chris says, taking Maya around the pool for another lap. She was laying across a large floatie ring and he guided it around the pool for her.

She had on her yellow and blue polka dot bathing suit and a pair of sunglasses I bought when we first got over here. Her bathing suit was kind of like a romper, it had shorts on the bottom of it. I don't know. I just know it's Maya's favorite bathing suit. She also had another one that she liked, it had watermelons that had sunglasses on all over them. I'm pretty sure she only liked that one because she had the matching flip flops.

"You don't trust anybody." Jamal commented.

"You have a point. She's cheating, I can feel it." Chris says, shrugging. I watch as he surges under the water before popping up and splashing water all over Maya. She finds it hilarious and laughs while shaking her head.

"Please don't say that." Quincy groaned.

"Wait! Where's your baby?" Maya asked Jamal. Jamal looks back, seeing the sleeping baby inside a rocker. He also had on his bathing suit but some how Sophia got him to sleep.

"Yeah, he was up all night. I have no idea how Soph got him to sleep yesterday. He's been up and straight hollering for the last week and a half. As soon as Sophia touches him, he's a angel. I literally have to sedate him with milk to get him to sleep. I give him like four bottles so he gets milk drunk and then I give him a fifth bottle and pray that he falls asleep during it. He just won't sleep during the night. I don't fucking get it."

"Maybe it's because of the babies."

"Maybe, Maybe."

"Play some music while he's trying to sleep. It'll soothe him and he'll stop crying, most of the time." I say, glancing at Jamal. He was sitting across the pool from me so my gaze went from Maya to Jamal.

"I'll try it tonight."

I look across the room, seeing Cameron inside his rocker sleeping, Chris and Maya inside the pool, Jamal sitting across from me with his feet in the pool, Quincy laying on a pool chair, and me, sitting on the rooms floor, just near the pool. My back was pressed against he wall.

"Chris! Can we play that game?" Maya smiles, tapping his shoulder.

"Which one?" He asks, running a hand through his hair.

"The one where you act like you're a shark and flip me over." She says as Chris moves her float over to the middle of the pool.

"Like this?"

Maya let's out a loud shriek as Chris flips her over, she momentarily submerges under the water, a bit longer than healthy for my heart, and pops back up while holding on to the floatie.

"I wasn't ready!" She laughs.

The room door slides open. All eyes look up and we see Sophia entering the pool room.

"Why didn't y'all just go outside? It's almost 90 degrees in here." She asks while I stand up. I begin to walk over to where she is.

I still didn't get a text back and she wanted in here like everything was fine and dandy.

"Sophia, you're finally back." Maya says.

"Maybe we didn't want to." Chris says, looking at his cousin. She rolls her eyes before walking towards Cameron. "Y'all aren't going to have my baby in here, burning to death in his sleep."

"Take the demon." Jamal groans, waving his hand towards Cameron. "Alex, you're so whipped." He adds.

We all laugh and I shrug as I continue making my way towards my beautiful fiancée.

Sophia unbuckles the small child and instantly cradles him against her. She looks back at all of us, her gaze passing over me with a smile.

"Hey mamas." I say, pulling her in for a kiss. She smiles against my lips while Chris gags in the background.

"Hey."

"No text back?"

"My mom told me not to talk to you." She laughed, Quincy talked in the background.

"Because you guys are pussy whipped for each other."

"Are you going to come get in the pool?" The words escape my mouth before I could even stop myself. I wanted an excuse to see her in less clothes than I see her in now.

"I didn't plan on it." She shrugs, comforting the baby's head like she taught me a few weeks ago.

I still hadn't held a baby and, quite frankly, I didn't plan on it.

"Go put your bathing suit on." I said. Maya instantly backs me up.

"Then you call play with Daddy."

"You can put him down. As his father, I demand you put him down." Jamal says, attempting to get her into the pool as well.

"Why am I getting in the pool? You don't have an ounce of water on you." She said to me.

She had a point.

"Sophia either change your clothes or get out! Stop bothering my brother in law."

"That's my fiancée."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'll be back Daddy. I'm not getting in the pool unless we are going outside. I feel like I'm going to have a heat stroke in here." She jokingly says while everybody that was in the room jaw drops. Sophia begins to back out as I say "okay mamas."

Jamal and Quincy are still recovering while Chris is looking at me with wide eyes.

"Did they do this shit when you were there?"

"I don't know." Quincy shrugs, his wide eyes turning towards me. "I don't think I ever need my little sister to say that in the same vicinity that I am in.""

"Agreed." goes every male in the room, I sit smiling to my self (probably looking like a idiot) as I pull out my phone. My home screen was a picture of Sophia. She was glaring at me and her hair was wild. She had just woken up and I was messing around with her before telling her to smile. Instead, she glared and stuck up a middle finger.

I thought it was cute.

"Welp, let's move it outside." Quincy says. I turn around and Chris and Maya are already on their way out the pool. Maya grabs the rather large float, which Chris takes from her hands as Jamal slides open the door that leads to the outdoor pool.

"I'll be back." I say, going after my girl while Quincy nods at me before slipping out the door. I slip into the door that leads inside the house before going up to our room. When I hit the second floor, basically all the older people (Sophia's Mom, Dad, Aunt's, Uncle's) were all there. They all waved to me, saying Sophia just went upstairs.

I headed up that way, just in time to see her opening the door.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the pool?" She asks, stepping in with me behind her.

"Your point? Maybe I want to be with my girl. Where'd Cameron go?"

"In the crib that's in the living room."

"Where's your bathing suit?"

"I don't even think I have one." She jokes. I remember her packing two.

"We can just skinny dip." I suggest, seeing her throw her head back and laugh that beautiful laugh I love. She smiles before pushing my chest.

"Not while my family is here."

"Should I get a pool?" I ask warily, swallowing whatever I felt the need to swallow. She laughed again stepping back and sitting on the bed.

I open the drawer she had put all of her stuff in, looking for the suit.

"It's a two piece. Yellow."

"You and Maya can match." I say, chucking it at her. She shakes her head. "How was the dress fitting?"

"Boring! I wish I didn't even have to get fitted. How's your morning?"

"I didn't wake up next to my baby momma."

"I'm sorry."

"You can make up for it," I say, suggestively. I wink at her while she shakes her head. "Maybe.. later." She says, pulling the t-shirt over her head.

"Don't look at me I'm nakkkeeeedd." She says in a childish tone, turning to the side.

"Nothing I haven't see before." I smile but turn around nonetheless. When I turn back around, it's because of her demand. She couldn't tie the back of the bathing suit top. She turned her hack towards me, both of the strings hanging down her back. Taking one into each hand, I tie them together and make sure that it's tighter enough for her.

"Thank you." She says turning around. Her breasts are peeled up perfectly due to the bikini top and her stomach is on display.

"Never mind, fuck the pool." I take the element of surprise and push her back on to the bed, instantly attacking her body with my kisses. She thrashes around for a moment while I kiss all over her body.

She lets out a laugh as I kiss between her thighs, sucking on the sensitive skin. Her hands run through my hair and she's practically begging me to kiss her core.

"Alex." She says, almost in a moan. I decide to tease her, slipping my finger around the band of her underwear. "Yeah baby?"

"Please."

"Please..?" I pull the band down slowly, trailing more kisses.

"Just kiss me." Sophia says, pulling herself and I up. She pulls my face to hers while I- while my phone rings. I pull apart, watching her heavily breathe. I glance over at my phone, seeing Chances annoying picture covering my screen.

"I have to take this it might be important." I say, basking away and grabbing my phone. I turn away, answering and pressing the slim device to my ear. "Parker."

"You're going to have to go into the Cali office tomorrow. I just need you to see some papers and sign them. You can fax them back over."

Sophia begins to hum, rather loudly, behind me. I turn around while listening to what ever Chance was saying.

When I turn around, I see Sophia attempting to bend down. She has no underwear on, so I can practically see her dripping. Her bikini shorts are on the floor in front of her.

"Sophia." I say lowly, holding the phone away from my mouth. She turns around, a not-so-innocent smile taking over her face as she winks at me. She continues humming, bending over once more, just trying to tease me.

"Hold on Chance." I say, muting the phone and marching over to Sophia, bending down to grab the shorts for her.

"Put them on."

"No." She challenges, staring me down. I stare at her for another moment before pulling her close to me, her ear to my mouth.

"I suggest you put the fucking shorts on unless you want everybody in the whole house to know who's you are and who I am. Understood?" I say, my hand gently wrapped around her throat.

"Yes."

"Yes what?" I push, hearing her breathing go erratic as I await for her to speak again. I tighten my grip slightly and she sputters out an answer.

"Yes sir." She moans out. I remove my hand before picking up my phone. "I'm glad we had this talk." I say to her before taking Chance off of mute.

"I'm back."

"Where'd you go?"

"I was on the urge of fucking the shit out of my girl." I say, eyeing her as she looked at the wall in a daze. She only begins to slide the yellow shorts up her legs when she sees me staring at her. I raise a eyebrow as she smirks at me, she looked high off sex.

I was glad to know I had that much of an effect on her.

"Go ahead. I'll email you everything else you need." Chance laughs before disconnecting the call.

Sophia is finally in her bathing suit and is now slipping into a pair of her black flip flops and grabbing her phone.

"Cmon." She says grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

We get down to the pool and everything is a go.

Chloe and Chris are playing volleyball in the pool, Maya is sitting on a large float, drinking something out of a cup with a fancy straw and umbrella. Jamal is also in the pool but he is playing along with Chris while Quincy is playing with Chris.

We step outside just in time to see Chloe spike the ball.

"We scored!" Maya cheers as I close the door.

"Daddy! Chloe made me a fancy drink! Taste it!" She says, holding onto the rims of the pool and dragging herself and the float towards the stares. Sophia enters the water, sitting on the step.

I taste it, seeing it was just a mango and pineapple smoothie. It actually was kind of good. "Sophia, do you want the floatie? I can swim."

"No thanks, thank you though." Sophia declines while Maya starts to move herself back to where she was. Chloe tells her that the float is too big for her to be moving around so much, so she needs to stay in the same place.

"Sophia and Alex! Pasta or tacos for dinner? Tell mom." Quincy says, passing the ball.

Sophia swings her hands around the water, creating ripples.

"There's no music? No nothing? Y'all wack." Sophia says. Jamal is quick to answer, telling her to get his phone and press play. It was automatically connected to the speaker so Sophia reaches back, pressing play on the slim device and slides it back where she got it.

Instantly I recognize the tune.

Oh god.

"Sophia please tu-"

Maya already heard it, her hands going into the formation of the first part of the dance. "Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo!" Maya sings along as we all groan.

"Why was this even playing?" Sophia whispers to me and I shrug. I have no idea why a grown man was listening to Baby shark. Maybe Cameron listened to it before he fell asleep.

Probably not.

"Skip it!" Chris yells, hitting the ball extra hard.

"Okay, time-out, time-out." Jamal says. Quincy and Jamal both climb out of the pool while Chris and Chloe take turns pushing Maya around.

I look back, seeing Quincy frowning at his phone while Jamal was scrolling on his phone.

"What's wrong Adrian?" Sophia teases. Quincy looks up with a face full of frustration while Jamal plays a song. Jamal fosses his phone back onto the chair before walking past Sophia and I, back into the water.

"She's coming back on Monday." He says, slapping his head.

"Who?" I ask, seeing his look extra stressed. He tosses his phone back down before speaking again.

"My fiancée."

-
Yeah I know this chapter is all over the place. It's just a filler though.

Once again, I still can't see votes or comments but I had a friend check for me and we got almost 40 votes and 30 comments in 20 hours! Insane!
Goal: 20 votes and 10 comments.

Depending on when I finish the next chapter will decide when I post. If the goal is already met by the time I finish, then it will be posted. If not, it will not be posted.

- Daisy

Ps. I love talking to you guys! I can't respond to everybody but I don't try to respond to as many a day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 222K 72
When plain simple nerdy Emma Cole goes to Hollen Tower for an interview she quickly realizes she is out of her league. The women of Hollen Tower are...
12.7M 461K 52
Highest Ranking: # 15 in Romance on August, 5, 2018 Highest Ranking: #1 in CEO on December, 15,2018 Highest Ranking#1 in Interracial January,10,2020...
477K 20.5K 21
"Mommy am I your child?" My mom looked down and chuckled at me. "Of course you are Theo." She said continuing to cut the vegetables that I hated. "...
953K 36.7K 40
Once Taylor's boyfriend found out that Taylor was pregnant he didn't want anything to do with her. Watch Taylor go through her journey and meets a my...