You Will Always be Mine

By lailamehtaab

"I will not go against my parents for a person who abandoned his morals and humanity for power." Her voice ma... More

Prologue
To Readers
As Promised
Chapter # 1
Chapter# 2
Chapter# 3
Chapter# 4
Chapter#5
Chapter# 6
Chapter# 7
Chapter #8
Chapter# 9
Chapter #10
Chapter# 11
Chapter# 12
Sorry Readers
Chapter# 13
Chapter # 14
Chapter# 15
Chapter # 16
Chapter # 17
Chapter # 18
Chapter # 19
Author's Note
Chapter # 20
Chapter # 21
Chapter # 22
Chapter # 23
Chapter # 24
Chapter # 25
Chapter # 26
Chapter # 27
Chapter # 28
Chapter # 29
Chapter # 30
Chapter # 31
Chapter # 32
Chapter # 33
Chapter # 34
Chapter # 35
Chapter# 36
Chapter # 37
Chapter# 39
Chapter# 40
Chapter# 41
Chapter# 42
Chapter# 43
Chapter# 44 (The End)
Author Note
Be Mine

Chapter# 38

12K 665 29
By lailamehtaab

I know I am extremely late, but... Ramazan Mubarak :)

Unedited.

~*~

Pacing back and forth in his study, Ahad once again glanced at the wall clock. It was 2 a.m. in the morning and sleep was nowhere near him. He was anxiously waiting for Sarmad's next report. An hour ago he received the dreadful news of the attack on the venue where the negotiation should be held today and the unit of Black Eagles went with Moosa lost their contact with them. The news spread like a wildfire among the members. All of the authoritative personnel of black Eagle were contacted on Ahad's order. The field workers were also told to be alerted from any outside activates. The whole working body of the gang was on the move, including Natasha. She and Yawar were called back to Shareefabad.

For the time being Ahad and Natasha decided to keep this news a secret until they get the confirmed status. Yawar was to be reported to Ahad on his arrival so he can be filled in with his role for the next few days. He was chosen to be the third in command of the Black Eagles and this was the time for him to prove his worth. Knowing that Yawar is an over sensitive person and can easily be swayed by emotions. He was ordered by Natasha to maintain distance from the Main House and she will the one to keep things in check there.

Thinking while walking, it wasn't Ahad habit and his legs were starting to get numb, but he still refused to sit. His whole body was tense and uneasiness could be seen in his eyes. Being a quick thinker he already explored all the options with the information he had till now but he couldn't stop worrying about Moosa. A part of him continuously blaming himself for letting him go on such a dangerous mission.

I should've stopped him!

What would I do if something happens to him???

What would I tell tigress? That I let him go knowing how dangerous it was?

Will he be alright? or history will repeat itself???

A chill ran down through his spine, remembering the day he dragged Arsalan for an outing and he never made it to home alive. He was there the whole time but wasn't able to save his best friend. Ahad blamed himself for Arsalan's death and it took a very long time from getting over with that guilt. Now, once again he felt the same pang in his heart that he might fail to save Moosa.

I should've stopped him!

~*~

'There were no survivals and the dead bodies are unrecognizable.'

Sarmad's report was more horrific than Ahad imagined. The whole venue of the meeting collapsed from explosives. No evidence remains to be sure who was inside the building.

Ahad's head was now spinning because of overthinking. He didn't know how to convey this news to others but he somehow managed to tell Yawar and unexpectedly, he digested it calmly. Way too calmly that it worried Ahad but for now there were more matters to be worried about. Yawar requested him to not to tell Natasha or any other ladies in the house and Ahad agreed to it. He also didn't have the courage to say it.

"Ahad? Is everything alright?" His eyes shot open as soon as he heard Kanwal's voice.

"Why are you up at this time?"

"I was thirsty... But why do you looked so worried?"

Instead of answering Kanwal's question, he leaned back to his seat behind his glass office table of the study and closed his eyes.

"Ahad is everything alright?" Kanwal asked again as she approached him.

The deep frown on Ahad forehead told that there was something bothering him but what had happened. She wanted to know.

"Ahad?" She gently touched his hairs.

"...I need a favour from you." He opened his eyes to glance at her.

"What is it?"

"As you know Moosa is not in the country and the work might take longer then we planned. Therefore, can you go to the Main House for a few days?"

"You want me to go to Mano?" Ahad nodded in response.

"Ahad you aren't hiding something from me, right? How is Mano?" She asked staring into his eyes.

"She is absolutely fine. I am sending you there because she will be alone there and Yawar also isn't here. Although Shahina is there you know she isn't the person we can rely on especially for the tigress. So, do you think you can go to her?" Kanwal nodded silently but her suspicion was still there. Her intuition was screaming that Ahad was hiding the facts from her.

"Nats is already there, so you can go in the morning."

Kanwal nodded before asking, "Should I prepare tea for you or you are coming back to the room?"

"...No, it's not needed and you can go to sleep. I have some matters to look into."

"And you want me to believe that everything is fine." She said going out of the study.

She is becoming more like a typical wife...

Ahad shook his head helplessly and grabbed his phone from the table.

"I want all the details from the time Moosa's plane landed there till the time we lost the contract with them. Also, arrange a meeting with all the head of the information department as soon as the details are gathered." He ordered his secretary and ended the call.

Why I am convinced that we are overlooking something???

The frown on Ahad's face deepened and once again he closed his eyes.

~*~

Kanwal found Ahad sleeping in his study. Leaning on the back of the chair his feet were on the table before him, an extremely uncomfortable position to sleep in. Yet instead of waking him, she went to the kitchen and made breakfast for him. She knew he was upset about something from the last few days and especially from yesterday. He didn't even eat or sleep properly the last night and the only thing she can do for him is to take care of him. Since he isn't the one who speaks his mind to others.

"Ahad!" She gently touched his head.

"Hm?" With a jerk, he opened his eyes.

"I have prepared breakfast for you." For a moment he stayed still trying to adjust his eyes with the bright daylight coming from the windows.

"What's wrong?" Asked Kanwal when he didn't move or say anything.

"Nothing," He finally steadied himself, "I will freshen up first. Have you eaten?"

Kanwal shook her head in the negative.

"I will hurry. " He said leaving the study room.

Within a few minutes, they were on the dining table eating their meal in complete silence. It wasn't unusual for them, yet today the silence was unbearably heavy. Kanwal kept stealing glances of Ahad, while his full concentrate was on food. Although there were times when she found him spacing out but soon regains his composure.

"What are you worried about?" Kanwal finally asked him.

"...nothing particular." He answered after taking a sip from his tea.

"Why do you sound so unsure?"

"...because I am." He said in a low tone.

"And what is stopping you from being sure?"

"...the uncertainty of unseen."

"Trusting your intuition is the best course to take while dealing with uncertainty."

"Sometimes, logic and facts subside the voice of intuition."

There was a moment of silence between them before Kanwal spoke again.

"Ahad... what happened to Moosa?"

Ahad's head snapped towards Kanwal as soon as those words left her mouth.

"What do you know about it?"

"Nothing at all. It's just a hunch."

"Hunches are based on some amount of facts." His eyes were boring into hers.

"When it comes to women, no. We don't need facts for it... still if you need justification than I will tell you. Normally, if something happens which is out of your power, you tend to contact Moosa. That what I have seen in past months, but this time the scenario is different. You are not approaching him or you CANNOT approach him. The reason, you are unable to contact him. Am I wrong?"

Ahad didn't answer and there was no need for an answer to begin with. Kanwal could see the same worry in his eyes, which she saw for Arsalan's mother. Worry, for someone you care deeply.

With each passing day, Kanwal learned so much about Ahad and their relationship. Yes, there was a time when she used to think that every happy couple will be like her parents, where they tease and laugh on each others' weaknesses and fear but support whenever needed. Their couple was the ideal one in her eyes. But time has proved her wrong, it took her a long time to understand this simple fact that Ahad isn't like her father and she isn't the same person as her mother and there is no way that their couple could be like her parents. Ahad never teases and joke to Kanwal in the gatherings, like her parents. Instead, he treats her like a princess in stories, guiding her and supporting her in every way but in-home, he never hesitates to irritate Kanwal.

Gradually, the acceptance from both sides brought their relationship to the point where they respect each others' privacy. Just like now, Kanwal knew that pursuing Ahad won't take her anywhere. It's better to leave him for a run and he will eventually come back to clear her doubts. She gently cradles his hand. He was upset and she wants to encourage him, even though the situation is unknown to her.

"You might not believe me but Moosa trusts you, more than you realize, as a companion and as a friend."

"Don't call him my friend, this word is ominous for me... as a friend, I am not capable of saving my friends." He looked at the ceiling and let out a heavy sigh.

Save???

What does it mean???

Kanwal shuddered as the meaning behind Ahad's words register her mind but she quickly subsided the thought

"You aren't the same Ahad, you aren't the same person who doesn't have any power. There must be something you can do for him. Something, only you are capable to do... and I think Moosa himself was aware of it that you will definitely manage it."

Ahad stared at Kanwal's face for a while before saying, "Can you make another cup for tea for me?"

"What? Um... sure."

"Thanks, I will be in my study." Ahad abruptly got up and leave after kissing Kanwal's head.

~*~

You aren't the same Ahad, you aren't the same person who doesn't have any power...

Ahad was thankful for Kanwal for reassuring him that he was indeed not the same person. It encouraged him to gather himself and now he was able to carefully rethink about the whole situation. What steps they need to take as a team and what could be the possible pros and cons of it. He called a meeting with Sarmad as soon as Yawar reached Shareefabad and before it, he needs to drop Kanwal to the main house and ask Natasha a few things. Ahad wanted to know how far they can go by using her contacts. They needed a safe location in the city where Moosa went, in order to throw a search for him. The further proceeding of his plan also depends on the answer of Natasha. But for now, his thoughts were continuously intruded by the idea that he will be parting from Kanwal soon and when he was unable to focus anymore, he made his way to the bedroom. Where she was busy packing her stuff.

She is leaving...

Ahad glanced at Kanwal with a heavy heart. This will be the first time he cannot drag her with him anywhere and they will be living away from each other. The thought of her absence was making him restless, but can't do anything about it.

"Do you need something?" Kanwal asked when she saw him standing at the door.

"...Yes."

"What?" Kanwal put the dress in her hand and walked over to him.

"You."

"What do you mean?"

"I need you, what is so hard to understand?" Circling his arm around her waist, he pulled him.

"Ahad, leave me. Maids are still working here." She struggled to get free.

Ahad, stepped inside the room, still holding her and kick the door. "Happy?"

"Yes."

Kanwal waited for him to say anything but he silently stared into her eyes. His fingers were playing with her hairs hanging on her back.

"Kanwal?"

"Hm?"

"... Miss me when I am away from you."

"Wha-" Ahad pressed his lips on hers before she could finish the sentence and didn't leave until they were breathless.

Gasping for air Kanwal gave him a perplexed look but he completely ignored it and captured her lips once again. She tried to protest but stopped when he refused her. Ahad's grip on her body was harder than usual, it almost felt forceful and when he pulled back Kanwal quickly covered his mouth with her hands.

"Stop. Tell me what is bothering you. Clearly." For a moment Ahad was taken aback by the demanding tone in her voice. Yet refrain himself from speaking his mind.

At that time Kanwal noticed his tensed muscles and let out a heavy sigh, "I won't understand until you tell me."

Yet again, Ahad remains silent. His loosened his grip and closed his eyes. He seems upset and tired. For the first time Kanwal pitied him, he was bearing to much burden, of the past and the present as well. She was also aware how much pressure he might be in right now because Moosa was not only his boss but he was also a friend and husband of his tigress.

Kanwal slowly caressed his back intended to tame him, "Listen carefully Ahad, I will not miss you. Because I will always come running whenever you need me and even if I am unable to reach you, my thoughts will always circle around you. Trust yourself and our creator, he will show you the light if you seek his guidance."

"I am scared. What if-" Kanwal covered his mouth once again.

"There is no, what if. You will bring Moosa back. Don't even dare to doubt on this resolve."

"I will try." He said engulfing her in his arms.

________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Sorry about yesterday, before going to bed I was reading it but forgot to publish. Extremely sorry.

This story is almost completed, most probably I will end it in the month of June. Then we will only have OMDT. I can't wait to give my full focus to it.

Anyways, the chapter of this story might seem boring from now on, as you guys are already aware of the ending because of 'You are Mine' but still, I will request you to stay.

Follow me on Instagram ''laila_mehtaab' and on Facebook 'Laila-mehtaab' for news about the update.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.1K 55
She tried to loosen his grip on her jaw but invane. "This i-is n-not right. You c-can't t-touch me. P-Please m-move away you're t-to close. J-just le...
15.8K 610 18
DARK ROMANCE "Sir, I am in a dire need of loan. Its very important, my friends life is at stake. I assure you I'll try my best to return the loan as...
853K 32.9K 67
Highest raking 1#spiritual He pinned me to the wall his face were inch away from mine , I turn my face because of smell of alcohol suffocating my bre...
24.9K 1.2K 31
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...