But Who's Counting?

wowdaisy

"I'm pregnant with your child, Alex." Sophia was determined on convincing Alexander that besides her being pr... Еще

Chapter One: "Happy Birthday!"
Chapter Two: "Hell yes!"
Chapter Three: "Deal!"
Chapter Four: "Abortion."
Chapter Five: "Baby."
Chapter Six: "Control."
Chapter Seven: "Mamas,"
Chapter Eight: "Nicole."
Chapter Nine: "The Grinch."
Chapter Ten: "Merry Christmas!"
Chapter Eleven: "Pack your shit."
Chapter Twelve: "I'm jealous."
Chapter Thirteen: "Who is that?"
Chapter Fourteen: "Hold me."
Chapter Fifteen: "Your face."
Chapter sixteen: "They're kicking!"
Chapter Seventeen: "Just friends."
Chapter Eighteen: "Family dinner."
Chapter Nineteen: "Family Dinner cont."
Chapter Twenty: "Are you drunk?"
Chapter Twenty-One: "She's mine."
Chapter Twenty-two: "Just like you."
Chapter Twenty-three: "Basketball and Ice Cream."
Chapter Twenty-Four: "Vodka."
Chapter Twenty-Five: "Cravings."
Chapter Twenty-Six: "I'm calling the police."
Chapter Twenty-Seven: "Bash your skull in."
Chapter Twenty-Eight: "Who's is this?"
Chapter Thirty: "Change your outfit."
Chapter Thirty-One: "Cinnabon."
Chapter Thirty-Two: "Sophia's Family."
Chapter Thirty-three: "Buddy System."
Chapter Thirty-Four: "Pool."
Chapter Thirty-Five: "Dumbo."
Chapter Thirty-Six: "Surprise!"
Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Shorty."
Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Wedding Bells."
Chapter Thirty-Nine: "Thor."
Chapter Forty: "Welcome home!"
Chapter Forty-One: "Five weeks."
Chapter Forty-Two: "You deserve to be happy."
Chapter Forty-Three: "Call Daddy."
Chapter Forty-Four: "Mommy's not happy."
Chapter Forty-Five: "Being loved."
Chapter Forty-Six: "She said what?"
Chapter Forty-Seven: "Here goes nothing."
Chapter Forty-Eight: "Unbelievable."
Chapter Forty-Nine: "You're stupid."
Chapter Fifty: "Alexander the Maniac."
Chapter Fifty-One: "Nose rings."
Chapter Fifty-One 1/2: "Jaisiah and Jalen."
Chapter Fifty-Two: "Moving like a sloth."
Chapter Fifty-Three: "Adult Brownies."
Chapter Fifty-Four: "That's not his pacifier."
Chapter Fifty-Five: "Water balloons."
Chapter Fifty-Six: "Baby gravy."
Chapter Fifty-Seven: "Happy Birthday!"
plan b(aby)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS !!
Bonus Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Eight: "August 23rd."
Official Sequel #1 Sneakpeek
Official Sequel #2 Sneakpeek

Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Relationship status."

4.9K 248 64
wowdaisy

I hate to do this but I'm going to start setting a goal for chapters. The reads and votes aren't weighing out!

Goal: 20 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter.

-
While I lay completely sedated beside Alexander, who was now sitting up on the bed with his back against the headboard and a blanket draped over himself, I listened to his low, ragged breathing.

Neither of us had said a word and the room was just quiet besides me trying to catch my breath and Alexander's own breathing. I gaze over to him, seeing him flick his thumb and middle finger against each other softly.

"Why are you so angry?" I finally break the ice. I'm staring up at the ceiling, feeling how I did when I first tried marijuana.

It was my freshman year of high school and Quincy, his best friend De'Anthony, Benjamin (De'Anthony's brother), and I had a 'get together'. My Aunt wasn't home and Quincy and Benjamin already had a bunch of weed. So, I tried it with them. I have to admit, my first time hitting the blunt was hard since I immediately coughed. But after a while, the fumes got easier to intake and I found myself in a similar position that I was now.

Laying on the bed, completely sedated while staring at the ceiling. I felt high, if being high off of Alexander's dick counts.

The only difference this time was I was naked.

And pregnant.

"I lost 2.8 million dollars today because a deal fell through." He said, letting out a big sigh before continuing. "Kathy, she's in charge of checking up on all of the files which contain various amounts of deals. She should have had thought to check on them, not just gaze at them. She didn't, so now, I am out of 2.8 million fucking dollars. She didn't even see what she did wrong claiming that 'it's not that big of a deal.' Well, I hope it wasn't that big of a deal when I fired her."

I let out a chuckle at his end statement.

"Well, I'm sorry. I really don't know what to say besides you'll earn it back quickly."

He stays quiet and I tilt my head back to look at him again. His eyes are closed and he seems stress.

"What are you thinking about?" I curiously ask, laying still on the bed. Alex eyes snaps open and he rubs them, tiredly almost. He lets out a sigh as his green irises snap to mine.

"I hate to ask this. I really do." He starts.

"Ask.." I urge for him to continue. He shakes his head as he puts a hand onto my wild looking hair. He strokes it before speaking again.

"What are we?"

I immediately sit up. I turn around, not even bothering to cover my nakedness back up as I turn to see Alex. He has a nervous gaze on his face.

Truth be told, I was never too.

Not only did I not know the answer to this, but I didn't want Alexander to think I was dragging him around. I'm not sure why he would think that, but the feeling is always there.

"What do you mean?" For some reason is the first thing that comes out of my mouth. Almost immediately, Alexander shakes me off. "Nevermind. Forget it."

"Stop. Just talk." I encourage. Alexander's eyes travel down my body. I'm grateful that I do not have a lap, or else he would see more than just my breast and I'm not sure I can stop whatever happens next. He crosses his legs as he tries his head back and looks at the ceiling.

"What are we? Are we dating? Or are we just at the baby momma and baby daddy thing right now? After you have the twins you'll be back to living at your own place, I'll only see you on the weekends when I have my visitation hours and you'll find someone." He says, slightly turning away. Just as I opened my mouth, he begins to talk.

"All I know is, I absolutely don't want anybody else. I only want you. I don't want you to want anybody else either. I just love you and I'm not even exactly sure what love is but I do know when somebody asks me about 'someone I love' you're always the first person to come to mind. Just hearing your name can make a dozen of emotions go through me at once. Happiness, nervousness, sadness, and joy. All at once. It's a scary feeling, you know? Having your palms start to sweat but a wide smile break over your face when you hear some in particulars name. You're the reason I want to do better. You're the reason I want to improve myself and become a better person. I love you so much. I really want to claim you as mine but I can't because I don't even know where we stand. Petty hookups? Your hormones are wonky so we are just doing it? I know you love me, you've said it and meant it. I see the unknown emotion in your eyes. I just want you to be mine. I'd hate to se entourage with another man when I know I can make you happier. I've already decided it. You're mine. But am I yours? I can claim you all I want but at anytime, you could just as easily be going back to another guy."

"We can be whatever you want to be."

"So we can get married?"

My eyes snap to his, to see whether or not he's joking. I really can't tell but his tone makes me believe he isn't.

"I don't want to get married."

"I don't either.. at least not anytime soon." He admits, a frown overcoming his face. "So that's it? We're dating?"

"I'm yours and your mine."

"So we are dating?"

"I don't know. Exclusive friends? We only see each other but it isn't exactly a label?"

The more I think about it, that's too much to explain. I'll gladly go with the standard 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend'. I just no longer agreed with the labels. It felt like such a weight holding you down, and if your significant other cheats, then it's like 'your girlfriend cheated on you'. I don't know if that makes sense but you get the gimps of it.

"So you're mine, and I'm yours, just no label."

"Yeah. Are you okay with that?"

"Only if it means your exclusively mine. All of you. Mind, heart, body, soul. All of it." He says. I nod my head. "Only if it's the same way for you."

"I don't share, Sophia."

"Neither do I."

"I don't even have female friends. My best friend is my 3 year old daughter. The only friends I have are: Chance, William (you don't know him but perhaps you'll meet him), and Luke. I barely even see the latter two. Busy with work and families." He says, a confused tone to his voice. I give him a look and he gives it right back. "What?"

"If I put you outside right now, I guarantee you that every woman that walks by you would try to get a date or laid." I say, sitting up and getting closer to Alexander.

"And you know what I'll say? Sorry, I'm in a relationship. My baby momma is upstairs." He gives me a toothy smile, resembling much like Maya after she tells a joke.

"That's besides the point." I say, inching closer to him.

"Where was this energy when I said no David?" He questions pulling my leg over his so that I was now straddling him.

"Where was our relationship status?"

"So now I can say no David?"

"He's completely harmless."

"I still don't like him."

"Trust me."

"It's not you I don't trust it's him. You see how Crissy turned out." He said, frowning taking over.

Gotta give something to take something, I guess. Alexander and I could reach a compromise on David.

"So, no David?" I clarify. Alexander nods, his fingers dancing over my naked skin. His eyes are trained into my mine, but they dart done for a quick second. He licks his lips before returning back to mine. "Only with supervised visitation."

"Sure. Is that your only rule to this game?" I tease, causing a smile from him.

"For the most part, baby, yes."

"What are the rest?"

"Guaranteed good morning and good night kisses. Real kisses."

"I could live with that. Any more?"

"Move in with me. For real. I want to get a new apartment anyways. I was thinking of going back to my house for a while but the transition would be too crazy and it's too far. So, let's get an apartment."

"No. Now you're just talking crazy."

"Baby." He draws out, his hand slipping down my body. It stops in the crevice right between my thigh and pregnant bump.

"What? I basically already live with you."

"'Yolo'." He says. "You're young. Just go with the flow and just do it. Why the hell not? This apartment isn't even going to be big enough once the babies are here."

"But an apartment?"

"Just go with the flow. I can even keep this apartment. You're moving anyways. Anything goes wrong, you can just live there and I'll move back here. Stop overthinking and live while you're young."

"An apartment is a big step. What's next? A dog and 7 more kids?"

"I was actually thinking a puppy. I like small dogs. One Maya can grow accustomed to. If we are being technically, though, I only want 3 more kids."

"I hope you find somebody to push them out for you." I remark.

He wants six kids?

Whew. With his big head, I feel sorry for whatever woman pushes them out.

Hahaha.

Im already having two of them.

"You won't?"

"Alexander, Hell no."

"B-"

"No buts."

"Oh then you definitely have to move in with me." He says, slightly tapping his fingers against my thigh. "Maybe."

"What about the puppy?"

"I'm allergic."

"No you're not. You're allergic to cucumbers."

"I feel like I'm getting ganged up on." I let out a whine as Alexander let's out a throaty laugh.

"Okay. I'll save the questions for another day. But just have a answered prepared, baby."

"I like it when you call me that." I sheepishly says. "I like it when you call me big daddy."

This earns a laugh on my part. "I have never called you that."

"You could start." He says, slowly drawing me in for a kiss. He plants his lips onto mine before pulling away with a smile.

"Okay, big daddy." I say teasingly as he pulls back again. We both laugh and then the room gets silent for a moment. We just stare into each other's eyes for this very moment.

"I love you."

"And, I love you." He replies, hitting my nose with his finger. My face wrinkles in reaction to the nose boop.

"I feel like we should shower and put some clothes on." I say, realizing that we are both naked. Not to mention, we both smelled like sex.

"Together?"

"No, dumbwit." I laugh, moving to carry my pregnant ass off of him. His arm latches onto my right thigh as he stares me dead in the eye and says, "I'm trying to save water here."

Anyways.

-
"Daddy! Mr. Irwin said there is a package waiting for you!" Maya's voice rings just as Alexander and I leave the shower. He has a towel wrapped around his waist while I have one barely wrapped around me. I ended up using Alexander's robe, which was seriously long. It resembled a black wedding dress train.

Maybe that's an exaggeration but you guys get it.

I was fat. I couldn't fit a stupid towel.

"He rang the bell, Maya?"

"Yeah! He spoke from downstairs."

"Thank you." Alexander says, throwing his head back. He mumbled something before digging for his clothes in his closet.

"Can you pass me my shirt please? I think you accidentally put it in your closet. It's black, baby." I say, tightening the grip on my towel and look at Alexander's flexed back. He nods before chucking a shirt, at random I'm sure, over his back towards me. It lands on the floor, so I sit on the bench and attempt to bend over and pick it up.

Alexander emerges from the closet with a t shirt and sweatpants on. He has a purple bottle of baby oil in his hands as he exits. His eyes trail my body before he speaks. "Do you want some help?"

"Yes, of course I do. Please give your pregnant girlfriend some help." I say, a sarcastic tone to my voice. He chuckles before picking up the shirt and slapping me in the face with it. Immediately the smell of the men's body wash and mahogany engulfs my senses. Alexander's shirt smelled just like him, if not better.

"This is yours."

"So?"

I shrug before slipping it over. His shirt was almost tight over my stomach and it was obvious that I was stretching it. Alexander didn't mind though, he simply passed me the baby oil before taking the towel and robe that I used as well as his. He exits the room for a quick second and I quickly lather myself up with the soft smelling oil.

Alexander returns, a smile on his face while he looks at me.

"I like you wearing my shirt."

"You like them being stretched out?"

"Only if it's for my baby, then, yes." He smiles, grabbing the baby oil and going into his closet. He puts it on a shelf and says something unclear to me.

"What do you want for dinner?"

"Alfredo with chicken, I can cook." I say after I slide the underwear up. Standing up, I run a hand through my messy hair. I decided to just throw it in a ponytail. Maybe I'll attempt to take it later.

"I'll cook."

"I'll cook."

"When you move in into our new apartment, then you can cook. Until then, I'll cook." Alexander says, grabbing his phone. I roll my eyes before attempting to exit the room. "Don't go into that kitchen." Alexander says just as I exit.

Haha.

Did he actually think I was going to listen to him?

I made my fat ass way downstairs, being treated but Quincy reading to Maya. "Okay, now repeat after me: 'I do not like green eggs and ham. I don't not like them, Sam I am.'." Quincy says, Maya repeats it with him before resorting it by herself.

"Sophia! Uncle Quincy is teaching me how to read. Even though I can kind of read like this much and this much," She makes gestures with her hands, "but now I'm going to be able to read this much!" She makes another hand gesture as she smiles.

"Maybe you can read me bedtime stories." I say as I enter the kitchen. "You have to read me one first though!" Maya says, looking over the back of the couch at me in the kitchen threshold.

I laugh while Quincy asks what I'm about to do. I tell him I'm going to cook dinner and he says 'finally' since apparently he was 'starving'.

I had just put the noddles in and was almost done with cooking the shrimp and chicken when Alexander came downstairs. This time, he had a matching hoodie for his sweatpants and a pair of crocs.

My impact is really powerful around here.

"I thought I said no?" He said, finally coming into the kitchen after speaking to Quincy and Maya.

"I thought I said yes? Where are you going?"

"I gotta go downstairs and pick something up, I'll be back up in like ten minutes depending."

"Hurry back. Noddles will be done in about 6 minutes, sauce is done."

"Yeah, wouldn't miss it for the world. It smells good." He compliments before giving me a quick kiss and exiting.

I watched his tall figure walk to the door and he looked back, nodding at everyone before shutting the door.

I go back to cooking, combining everything when they were done cooking and beginning to make plates. I don't want the food to get cold and Alexander has been downstairs for practically thirty minutes, so I'm just going to serve plates.

I started making plates while Maya continued to talk. "So, Sophia and Uncle Quincy, do y'all have twins?"

"What do you mean?" Quincy asked from beside me.

"Like Daddy is a triplet. That's when you have three twins. My aunts Arabella and Aurora are twins. My Aunt and Uncle, Stella and Sebastian, are twins. Aunt Mads is the only person not a twin, like me! Nana said in our family we always have twins. Oh, Papa is a twin!"

"Our cousins are twins and my mom is a twin. Our cousins are the kids of my moms twin. Chloe and Christopher." Quincy answers, turning around and grabbing another plate for me.

"I wish I had a twin. No I don't." Maya changes her mind in a split second, causing Quincy and I to laugh.

"I'm not sharing my clothes or toys or room."

"You're going to have to when Quincy and Adrian come."

"Who?"

"Your siblings!" Quincy says exasperated.
"We are not naming them that! Nana said it's our tradition to name them with the same letter. The first one is A but their names are going to start with A because my name starts with A. Amaya Elizabeth Parker. A-M-A-Y-A."

"For someone who can't read, you have a remarkable vocablourary."

"What?"

"You speak very well."

"Oh! Daddy said that's because Leah talked all the damn time. I get it from her, Daddy says."

"Lea-"

"Quincy, don't do it." I tried to warn as I set Maya's plate down but he already finished the question.

"Well, for starters, My dad tries to not talk bad about her. I know he hates her. My nana hates her. She said she's a stupid, convinning, little - can I say it?"

"No." I say as Quincy says "Yes."

"Bitch! Nana said she's not going to lie to me like Daddy does. She said she didn't deserve Daddy and the only good reason she and Daddy got married was me! She loves me and says I'm special. Anyways, Daddy said Leah was my mom, even though Moms are supposed to love you but she gave me away and then killed herself because she hated me. I don't care though. I'm not her biggest fan either. She used to make Daddy cry a lot. She makes me cry sometimes a lot because I want a mommy but now I have Sophia and she's my sisters mommy which basically means she's my mommy. I don't like when other people talk about it. Only me." Maya says.

Quincy obviously didn't know what he was walking into because he turned around with wide eyes, furrowed brows, and a frown.

"Leah is a bitch. I hate her."

"Maya! Language!"

"Sorry." She frowns. I pray she doesn't cry because if she does, I have no idea what I'll say.

"I'll say it then: Leah is a bitch. She did my mans Alex dirty and messed with my favorite niece." Quincy says, rubbing his hand across Maya's hair. She nods in agreement before beginning to say a quick prayer and shoveling food into her mouth.

Quincy sits down and does the same. I make my plate and place it in the microwave while I clean the kitchen back up. By the time I am done, Quincy and Maya are coming back for seconds. I put some on their plate before putting a lid back on the food and grabbing my plate out of the microwave. I find myself sitting at the table next to Maya, eating while Quincy and Maya have a staring contest.

"Ha! You blinked!" Maya says, proudly. "Sophia, our turn!" She says before nodding at Quincy. I stifle a laugh before engaging in Maya and I's staring contest.

Maya slurps her noddles, causing me to smile while maintaining eye contact. Our eyes started to tear up and just when I thought I was going to blink, Alexander came through the door and captured Maya's attention.

"I won." I smile while Maya groans. "Daddy cheated for you." She says, pressing he fork into her mouth.

"I What?" Alexander questions, kicking a box into the corner.

"We were having a staring contest. I won." I smile back at him as he gazed over the table. "Sorry, I thought I was gonna be gone for a couple of minutes. Food smells great. I'm going to go make my plate." Alexander says, exiting to the kitchen. Both Quincy and Maya leave their seats, taking their plates with them.

"Okay, good." I say more to myself than anybody as I finish my plate.

I looked at the table, and how far back I was compared to somebody with a flat stomach. It was beginning to become uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep anymore. Since I was usually someone who slept on their stomach or side, it was harder to sleep on the peak of a mountain. On my side was better but still difficult. I asked Alexander to order me a body pillow, something I could sleep with to help 'even' my body out during sleeping or whenever I felt like laying down. He said he'd gladly look into it for me.

I need to go maternity shopping, again. It was almost like another baby grew inside of me. My stomach was larger than ever. Just as I thought I was getting used to it, the Twins surprise me. They better be some big and healthy babies.

I think I'll take Alexander up on his offer of moving into an apartment with him. I want to get out of my old apartment as soon as possible and I also want to start designing a nursery soon. I'm already in my third trimester and before I know it, I'll have two kids to take care of.

Three, if you count Alexander.

I wonder what type of apartment he has in mind.

We might as well get a house.

Woah, Sophia Brooke, do not get ahead of yourself here.

Okay okay.

Maybe I should just put the down payment of the house down without telling Alexander so he'll have no decision in the matter.

Or, I'll ask him if he likes any of the apartments I like and then put down the down payment.

Sounds like a plan.

"Mamas?"

"Yeah?" My attention snaps back to Alex who was sitting in front of me.

"I said; we need to go grocery shopping."

"Yay!" I sarcastically say.

"Sophia! Mom said buy your ticket right now!" Quincy voice rings from somewhere.

"I am!" I wasn't.

"Do you want me to come? Maybe it'll be easier when you tell your mom that you-"

"Alex, baby. There's no telling my Mom that I'm pregnant. She will know the second I step off that plane. I'm surprised I've hid it well enough from her these past months.

"Maybe she won't be as harsh?"

"You can come. It's fine. I'm just.. nervous."

"Don't be. I'll be with you and everything will be fine. Nothing, and I truly mean nothing, will happen to you on my watch."

"What about Maya?"

"I'll handle it."

"Okay. Finish eating." I say, sliding from the table. I wobble to the kitchen, placing my plate into the sink before going back into the living room.

Alexander was still at the table eating, Quincy was on his way upstairs and Maya was just closing her bedroom door behind her as I sat on the couch.

"I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"When you give birth."

"What do you mean? You have to speak in full sentences."

"A lot of things. Us. The babies."

"Not a ful- What about us? We are already moving in together! We are praying that the babies will be perfectly healthy, so don't worry about them."

"Not what I'm talking about. I've never.. Ive never held a baby."

"What do you mean? You've never held a baby? You have a whole child and five younger siblings! What did you do when you had Maya?"

"I didn't always have her. When she was first born, Leah and I shared her but I never had to really pick her up. My mom was always around then. Then when my mom came and she lived with my mom basically until she could walk. I was trying to finish college. So by the time I really had her, I no longer needed to hold her. I never held my siblings either." He said, almost quietly.

I was...

Astonished.

You mean to tell me a man with a child of his own and five younger siblings, which two of them are babies now, has never held a baby?

I started laughing at the thought.

"Sophia! Stop, I am being serious!" He says while I sober up.

"I'm sorry, it's just... how have you not?"

"I don't wanna kill them!"

"You're not going to." I reassure as he speaks.

"I'm not taking the chance either."

"So you want me to carry two babies until they are capable of moving themselves, by myself?"

"I just don't want to hurt them."

"I promise you, you won't. I'll even help you. You've held Maya's babydoll, right?"

"That's different! Baby dolls are not real and don't move everywhere."

"New born babies do not move everywhere. They can't even lift their heads. The most they do is cry and learn how to kick their feet and flail their arms." I say. Alexander stands up, taking his plate into the kitchen. He returns and picks up Maya's baby doll off the ground before demonstrating what would happen if he held a baby.

"Look, you're not even holding it right. Put your arms like this," I say, adjusting him. "Put your other arm like this."

"Now protect the babies head. Like I said, they can't support their heads on their own yet. See! It'll be just like this holding a baby. If it makes you feel better, sit down." I say. He shrugs before tossing the baby doll across the room.

"Okay... definitely don't do that with my child."

"Wait, did you say we were moving in together?"

Yeah. Like three years ago.

-
I've been working on this like the longest. So sorry. I had writers block. I also had to plan the next few chapters so everything leads up correctly.

I appreciate appreciation!

Goal: 20 votes and 10 comments.

Daisy.

lol im probably going to update anyways because I can't wait for the California chapter 🥵

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

DARKNESS IS LIGHT mona 💞

Любовные романы

6.5M 267K 80
'Sometimes the DARKNESS you fear IS the LIGHT you seek' //MATURE CONTENT// A MAFIA ROMANCE Ranked: #1 bwwm #1 polyamory #1 bisexual #1 wmbw #1 blac...
311K 21.2K 60
Updated every Monday and Wednesday (Book 1) When assassins and ex-lovers, Eliana and Reid reunite under unusual circumstances they must try and work...
Toxicity (BWWM) Ms.Author

Любовные романы

871K 28.8K 35
(Completed) Mature content warning ------------------------------------------ "Take off your clothes." "W-what?" I pry my eyes away from his lips to...
She's Mine [COMPLETE] MayenWrites

Любовные романы

679K 37.6K 33
*12/13/ 21- Rewrite in the works :)* In a corporate world, being career driven is a quality commendable by many. Yet, when you're a woman- that only...