The Bloodstained Rose

By Sapphire_Darkhouse

[Discontinued.] Weiss Schnee, the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, mysteriously receives a house from her... More

Prologue
New House
The New Girl
...Say what?
Keep in mind: Manners matter
You can't guess who's older nor who's the Vampire
A dinner party for whatever you call them
Feeding time. The first of many.
A little bit of this and that
What is home?
School in session
Teambuilding
Diverse Absurdity
One step forward
Two Steps Back
Warm Hearts
Warm Bodies
Yours to Take
Thrill of the kill
You are the reason
Stirring Faults
Run Off or Out
Know Thy Enemies
What are we really?
A Reason To Fall
Reeling in Facts
Scattered Petals
Old Friends
Plans fall apart
Full circle: Part 1
Full Circle: Part 2
The Illusion of her Death
Unprecedented meeting
You're hard to find
I Got You
Back together
Back to the fairy tale
Author's note: Thank you.

Deep End

1.2K 39 8
By Sapphire_Darkhouse

Three days.

It's been three days since the attack and Weiss have woken up in the mansion's infirmary from being beaten up completely. She remembers everything that happened the other night and how she lost all control and sense that she killed a man that tried to take her life.

Throughout her recovery, Ruby stayed by her side but said nothing, eyes simply gazing at her from the side of the room. The heiress didn't have to say anything to her to show how upset she still is. Given that the vampire said nothing just yet, Weiss was not willing to speak a single word towards Ruby until she tells her the truth.

Unfortunately, Ruby was not patient enough to wait for Weiss to speak to her. She did well without anyone in that urn and she didn't owe anything to Weiss. But why did it make her chest aches so much of the thought? How come her conscience wouldn't allow her to do that?

Walking out of the infirmary, Ruby tried to take a breather and walk around the manor for a while to gather her thoughts.

Weiss watched her leave and didn't say a word to her as she exited the room. The heiress returned to reading her book, one from the family archives.

These books, they contained passed on family history, journals of the heads of the Schnee family from generations ago. Secrets, affairs, shameful acts, battle plans and encounters. Everything was written for her to read.

This one was from her ancestor, A Queen that was cursed with the power of ice. The third queen. Khione Schnee.

Weiss had a fascination with her life and this journal alone. What she discovered from her was unnatural and odd. An understatement. It was because of her that the future generations after had been born with the power of ice.  To Queen Khione, this was not a curse but a gift.

With her power, she ruled and expanded the kingdom and fought for the minerals it possessed. She fought wars against humans and grimm and won to expand. With her gift, she helped other fae have a home and incriminate those who sun them. Under her rule, equality was applied well and this astonished young Weiss. Back then, her father kept telling her that its because of her that the kingdom was corrupted. She knew so little back then.

Weiss looked up, her mind distant and traveling to possibilities and off of the thought of Ruby. Perhaps she forced the girl's hand harshly. Perhaps. In her book, however, promises are not meant to be broken. Her family have taught her to maintain integrity and stick to their word, and even in twisted ways, they do stick to their word of promise.

Ruby gave her a promise not to hide secrets that need to be known but she broke that. Weiss knew that it may be hard to do it but she should have known better than to trust a witch-vampire hybrid.

The book snapped loudly as it closed in her hands, her eyes simply gazing off. The loud sound made Ruby jump from the door as she entered with tea. What time was it? She didn't exactly know as the lights in the infirmary were bright throughout her whole stay.

The startled huntress gave her a look of surprise before realizing that she met eyes with Weiss. Her silver eyes drifted to the floor, standing still at the doorway, as Weiss gave her a stare of contempt.

"Are you going to just let the tea steep too long or you're going to share?" Weiss asked and opened the book again.

To the huntress, her soft speaking voice was enough to tell her to get her shameful ass in the room and at least give Weiss some tea. The heiress have scolded her enough for that reason alone, this time it can be avoided.

Weiss kept reading on about Queen Khione in the Schnee journal as Ruby kept herself busy to pour one for the princess. It was easy to believe that she was innocent and simply concentrating to read but her silence was hard to ignore. The huntress didn't notice it until recently but seeing as she is a curious girl, she tends to keep asking questions but the silence goes a long way to make everyone nervous.

"How are you feeling?" Ruby braved as she handed Weiss her cup of tea, looking up her to meet her eyes.

Unfortunately, she met Weiss gaze that was as cold as the wind of winter, sending a shiver down the huntress' back. Ruby averted her eyes immediately once Weiss took her cup.

"We're talking now?" Three words that made Ruby's heart falter. Is Weiss still upset? She didn't understand a single bit as to why she was still mad.

"Won't you just...tell me what I did wrong?" Ruby answered in defeat. Weiss sadly looked at her, not knowing if to take pity on her or be more mad.

The heiress took a sip from her tea before placing it down on the table next to her before she looked at Ruby with eyes full of contempt.  "Have you forgotten?"

Ruby looked up to meet her eyes and in a split of a second felt a sharp pain on her cheek, Weiss placing her hand down. Stumped from this, she can't think of a reason for her deserve it but once she looked back at Weiss with her simply loathing her.

"You swore that night. Under the moonlight like a romantic...I must be a fool to even trust anyone. But I did. You broke your promise, Ruby!" Weiss screamed, grabbing Ruby's chin to make her meet her eyes full of anger.

Ruby didn't dare talk back as Weiss searched her eyes for something. "I took you for a lady of her word but I was a fool to even believe you were going to stay true to it! A fool! You told me you'd tell me the truth...all of it..."

The heiress was shaking, her eyes welling up tears from sheer frustration. "That's one condition for you to stay in my home! That's all I'm asking for. The truth."

She let go of Ruby, frowning. "Now it's either you tell me the truth or leave my home and break ties with me. If you're not keeping a promise then forget whatever I am to you. Friend or otherwise."

Ruby's lips quivered. "N-no...I'll tell you everything just please... Please don't make me leave." She begged, tears falling down her face as she looked up at her.

"Then talk." Weiss demanded.

Ruby took a moment to compose herself. "Cinder helped kill my mother but she was a very close friend to us. She betrayed us to making us think she wasn't an enemy. I know I killed her. I tried to kill her to get back for killing my mother but someone must have helped her. Cinder betrayed us with your father. They...they must have known each other because they both tried to kill us."

Weiss didn't know if she wants to wipe Ruby's head on the floor or snap her neck. Was it that hard to tell her?

"Why were you holding that back from me? You...you think my father's betrayal, his worst behavior is going to hurt me? Why did you have to hide that from me?" She demanded, unhappy from this revelation.

"Because your father knew Cinder before your mother. They must have something still if Cinder's alive. If she is alive, then it's either your father helped her recover or she's coming back to finish the job to kill your father or me--I don't know! I was...I was scared because that means I might lose you if you got into a fight with her and..."

"I may not be as strong as you but I'm not helpless. I have my own semblance, I train hard as much as I can. You take me as if I'm damsel. Honestly, I don't know how to even...take action for this." Weiss frowned, disappointed at Ruby.

The huntress looked down, ashamed of her own actions. She underestimated Weiss too much to undermine her strengths and belittled her. That was her fault.

"Centuries of Schnees, Ruby. I have read every life of my ancestors, each and everyone of them treated wrongly and most of them betrayed by the people they are closest with. I think I can handle whatever my family's worst." Weiss slipped off the bed and drank her tea, her own feelings overlapping and murky as the liquid in her cup

"I'm sorry, Weiss. I'm really sorry." Ruby apologized, defeated.

"Don't repeat it if your promise is binding as you tell me it is. You are the last person who'd break a promise and this just proves that I'm wrong. Now leave me alone for now." Weiss turned to her. "Prove to me I can still trust you."

Ruby didn't know how but if it was to make Weiss trust her again, she'll do her best. She just prays that she doesn't screw up.

"...Is it dinner time yet?" Weiss asked out of the blue, the gurgling of her stomach following. "By no means am I forgiving you yet but..."

Ruby wiped off her tears and managed to smile. "Yeah, I'm sure the kitchen staff made some dishes to help you recover."

"Good."

Weiss stood up and took the journal in her hands, fixing her night gown and slipping into her slippers before proceeding to leave the clinic.

"W-wait! But your injuries--" The girl reached on to the heiress but she turned with a small grin.

"I'm fine." She replied before proceeding out of the infirmary to which Ruby followed quickly with the tray of barely touched tea.

"Are you...sure?" The huntress can't help but ask with her brows furrowed.

Weiss looked at her, a brow arched high in question. "Ruby, we have finals soon. My grades are going to suffer if I keep going down here."

She's right. Ruby didn't stop her stubborn-ass teammate from going upstairs and just followed her to dinner.
==============

Hey guys~ Thanks for being patient with this story. I'm glad you all still wait for every chapter patiently.

My term's almost done so I hope you can be a little more patient with me and the book.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment~ Say Hi! Have a nice day~

Love,
Sapphy~♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 374 28
Blake belladonna 25 years old, member of team IWBY, famous hunter known around the world for having a hand in Salem's defeat. one day her weapon, Gam...
12.7K 335 12
World of remnant, a world without magic, semblance or any grimm. Instead of that there are knights, kings, queens and obviously princesses and prince...
1.6K 40 5
Dr Ruby Rose moved to the big city of Vale. Her old friend Pyrrha helped her get a job at the hospital. Pyrrha gets Ruby to come out for dinner and...
87.5K 1.1K 7
Weiss Schnee is the heiress to the Schnee Dust company, one of the smartest and most skilled students at Beacon Academy, and one of the best singers...