The Test of Time

By JessicaLouAuthor

{18+ COMPLETED} THREE BOOKS IN ONE. "What are you doing?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow. "What do you think... More

Copyright
Part One
1 ~ Month One: July 2019
2 ~ July
3 ~ July
4 ~ Month Two: September
5 ~ September
6 ~ Month Three: November
7 ~ November
8 ~ Month Four: December
9 ~ December
10 ~ December
11 ~ Month Five: March
13 ~ March
14 ~ Month Six: May
15 ~ May
16 ~ May
17 ~ Month Seven: June
18 ~ June
19 ~ June
20 ~ June
21 ~ June
22 ~ June
23 ~ Month Eight: July
24 ~ July
25~ July
26 ~ July
27 ~ July
28 ~ July
29 ~ Month Nine: August
30 ~ August
31 ~ August
32 ~ August
33 ~ August
34 ~ Month Ten: September
35 ~ September
** BONUS Chapter **
Part Two
36 ~ Month Eleven: September 2021
37 ~ September
38 ~ September
39 ~ September
40 ~ September
41 ~ Month Twelve: October
42 ~ October
43 ~ Month Thirteen: November
44 ~ November
45 ~ November
46 ~ November
47 ~ Month Fourteen: December
48 ~ December
49 ~ December
50 ~ December
51 ~ December
52 ~ Month Fifteen: January
53 ~ Month Sixteen: February
54 ~ February
55 ~ February
56 ~ Month Seventeen: March
57 ~ March
58 ~ March
59 ~ March
Month Eighteen: 60 ~ April
61 ~ April
62 ~ April
63 ~ Month Nineteen: May
64 ~ Month Twenty: June
65 ~ June
66 ~ June
67 ~ Month Twenty One: July
68 ~ July
69 ~ Month Twenty Two: August
70 ~ Month Twenty Three: September
71 ~ September
72 ~ September
73 ~ September
74 ~ Month Twenty Four: October
75 ~ October
** BONUS Chapter **
Part Three
76 ~ Month Twenty Five: December 2027
77 ~ December
78 ~ December
79 ~ December
80 ~ Month Twenty Six: January
81 ~ January
82 ~ Month Twenty Seven: February
83 ~ February
84 - February
85~ February
86 ~ Month Twenty Eight: March
87 ~ March
88 ~ March
89 ~ Month Twenty Nine: April
90 ~ April
91 ~ April
92 ~ April
93 ~ April
94 ~ April
95 ~ Month Thirty: May
96 ~ May
97 ~ May
98 ~ May
99 ~ May
100 ~ May
101 ~ May
102 ~ May
103 ~ May
104 ~ May
105 ~ May
106 ~ Month Thirty One: June
107 ~ June
108 ~ June
109 ~ June
110 ~ Month Thirty Two: July
Epilogue
S P I N - O F F

12 ~ March

30K 1.1K 550
By JessicaLouAuthor

"No I'm not working there anymore." I confirm, watching as the counselor purses her lips before nodding, glancing at me over her glasses. "Can I go now?" I ask, sitting up straight and grimacing as she shakes her head. 

"I need all the facts before I can dismiss you Miss Hurst." She replies, jotting something down on her clipboard.

"The facts are, I was working two jobs to get money for college." I snap. "As I've told you on numerous occasions, I am now working, all free hours of the day, at the diner." I reply, smiling sweetly in an attempt to convince her to let me go.

"Your guardian is your sister...." She looks down at her clipboard.

"And she didn't know I was working there." I cut her off, sitting up in the chair and leaning forward. "We've gone through this once a month for three months." I keep my voice low, desperate not to lose my temper after what happened last month, "Nothing has changed. Elle made me quit as soon as she found out." I explain, repeating everything I've already told her. "I've moved on."

"And the students? Here at school?" The counselor, Mrs Pritchard finally has the decency to look sympathetic. She's not blind, she knows what they're all saying about me.

"Will say what they say." I say matter of factly. "They're teenagers Miss." I shrug, "They won't stop saying what they want to say no matter what anyone tells them. I'm fine."

"How do their comments make you feel?" She presses.

"What, I just told you..." I start, sitting upright in the chair.

"You need to talk to me Miss Hurst!" She leans forward, her clipboard placed on the table beside her. "How do the other students make you feel?"

"Upset I guess." I shrug, trying to forget the words and insults that I've received over the last few months. "It's no more than what they say about Ashley Farrier or Liz Pointer." I continue, "It's high school. I go home and I move on with my life. One day it will be a distant memory." I smile at the thought, already desperate to be free of this place. "Please. I'm fine."

She looks at me for a few seconds, clearly attempting to analyze me as I struggle to keep my face hard and emotionless. She doesn't really care about me, the school needs to provide this service, it's a mere legality. She would prefer to be talking to the other kids... the ones who actually have problems and deserve her attention. I'm just a silly girl who made a 'mistake'.

I get why everyone is worried but I knew what I was doing and I knew what I signed up for.

"Very well Miss Hurst." She eventually sighs, gesturing towards the door. "Have a lovely day." She smiles.

"You too." I mutter, jumping up and pushing the door open, walking out into the corridor.

Of course, everyone knowing where I worked spread like a wildfire and the school soon found out. They began to question my life and whether Elle could take care of me. It was finally settled that all was well at home, we were just more disadvantaged than other families. Even so, I had to attend 'counselling' so that I could understand the dangers I put myself in. I knew what danger I had put myself in, I wasn't stupid.

But poor people do stupid things for money. Take Billy, the banker's son. He did drugs, got thrown out onto the streets and ended up trying to rob the bank. Now he's in a recovery facility in Montana, getting over his drug habit and his father visits him once a month. We all do stupid things.

Counselling is a waste of my valuable time where I could be in lessons helping myself prepare for college. Which is really, what this is all about.

The bell rings as I reach my locker, the word 'slut' considerably less visible on the metal door since the caretaker had tried to wash it off. Some teenage boy's joke no doubt.

I bet his friends were pissing themselves laughing as he sprayed the gross green paint onto it after school. It's a shame they don't know who it was. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Brett trying to keep the joke going.

I open the locker and grab my books as the students pour out of the classrooms.

"Sav!" Becky skips up to me, her books tight against her chest. "How was it?"

"Awful." I moan, "As always."

"Only one more to go." She encourages, nudging my shoulder.

"Thank god." I mutter and she grins.

"You got to go to your locker?" I ask and she nods, both of us walking over to her locker to get what she needs.

"I can't wait for the weekend." She mutters as she reaches into her locker and I grin, leaning against the locker beside her.

"Hey." A boy I recognize from my history class walks over smirking, his friends following close behind. "Fancy going to the end of the football field together?" He asks me, an instant grimace spreading across my face as I attempt to swallow the lump in my throat.

I know what people do down the bottom of the football field.

"I hear you like that." He finishes, his friends smacking him on his back as they laugh.

"Steve, right?" Becky steps in front of me, her arms folded as she looks him up and down.

"Yeah." He replies, still looking at me, barely glancing her way. I lower my head, letting my blonde hair drop over my face. I'm glad I let it grow out a bit, it makes it easier to hide.

"I remember you." She mutters and he finally glances at her confused, "We got together last year." She smacks him on the shoulder playfully. "I'll always remember you." He grins, nodding as she takes a breath. "You were the one who's dick was so small I couldn't even feel it." She finishes before slamming her locker shut. His face falls as my mouth drops open, his cheeks reddening. "Don't approach any of my friends again. They've heard how bad you are." She hisses before grabbing my arm and dragging us away, his friends speechless.

"Becky!" I exclaim quietly and she grins.

"He won't come near you again." She winks and I can't help the small laugh that erupts from my mouth. "Ready for cheer?"

"Never." I retort and she grins.

"That's more like it." She teases,  "I love the spirit you bring to the team."

"I don't need to bring spirit when all I do is stand at the back holding someone up." I scoff as she pushes the locker room door open. 

"Hurry up girls! Ashley is waiting!" Chelsea calls out, from the other door, her arms crossed as she glares at us.

"Coming!" Ruth replies from next to me, ramming her bag underneath the bench and running out behind Chelsea, leaving us alone in the room.

"I have no idea why I still do this." I groan, pulling my converse off.

"Desperation." Becky snorts, taking her own black heels off.

"Literally." I laugh, reaching for my cheer outfit. "Why do you do it anyway? You have enough money for college."

"I still have to get in. My grades aren't as good as yours Sav."

"You're smart." I counter and she smiles.

"Not as smart as you." She shrugs, looking down at her bag. "I'd like to say that's why I started cheer but I actually started it because I wanted to be part of a team." She scoffs, pulling the top over her head. "Little did I know, Ashley doesn't exactly promote teamwork."

"You can say that again." I roll my eyes, pulling the skirt over my hips.

"There is no way she should be captain." Becky huffs.

"Nothing we can do."

"Are you sure about that?" Becky shoots me a mischievous grin and I widen my eyes.

"Yes!"

"Come on, there are always ways to dethrone her..."

"What are you suggesting?" I laugh, sitting down to pull my sneakers on.

"Killing her." She shrugs.

"Becky!"

"I'm up for it if you are!" She shoves my shoulder.

"No!" I squeal before my gaze falls onto the Louis Vuitton bag hanging across the room, her branded clothes in a perfect pile beneath it.

I wish I could afford clothes like that. My converse are falling apart on my feet, a disgusting orange stain on the front from yesterday at the diner. Her heels are a magnificent white, perfectly placed underneath the bench. I shake my head and turn back to Becky.

"Maybe..." I let out and she grins.

"Sounds like a plan!"

"You two, hurry up. Ashley is waiting." The sound of Chelsea's voice causes us to shoot up, Becky's eyes rolling.

"One more year." Becky calls over her shoulder as we make our way to the exit.

"A year and three months." I correct and she groans.

"Please don't."

"Sorry." I shrug as we make our way to the field.

"You two. You're late." Ashley snaps immediately as the other girls take off, jogging away from us.

"Sorry." Becky replies and Ashley glares in response.

"Get running."

"Running?" Becky questions and I inwardly groan.

"I can't have fat cheerleaders now, can I?" Ashley scoffs and I notice Becky raise her eyebrows.

"Why not?" She retorts, crossing her arms.

"Shut up, and run." Ashley rolls her eyes, waving her hand at us dismissively before turning away. I lightly tug on Becky's arm, smiling at her as I drag her away to start jogging.

"For college, Bec." I manage, already out of breath as we run together. "For college."

*~*~*

"Alright, bring it in girls." Ashley suddenly calls out. Oh thank God! I think I'm about five seconds away from passing out. I am so unfit, it's ridiculous. "Sarah?" Ashley exclaims and I look up, my eyes wide when I notice she's looking directly at me.

"I think she's talking to you." Becky whispers and I shoot her a glare.

"Sarah?" She repeats and I take a step forward, my teeth gritted together.

"Yes?"

"Get the weights." She orders, turning away from me.

"Excuse me?" I can't help the splutter that pours out my mouth at the order. I am not her slave.

"You heard me." She snaps, turning back towards me, her eyes wide with anger. "The weights. From inside." She orders, pointing to the school. "Now!" She yells and I gulp, looking down.

"Okay." I reply, scurrying off in the direction of the school. I take it back. Maybe I am her slave.

I make my way into the gym, wrenching the door of the cupboard open, my frustration only heightening as I grab hold of the extremely heavy bag. Noticing a slight movement in the gym I look up, recognizing the person immediately.

"Ben!" I greet and he turns, smiling widely. I drag the weights out of the cupboard as he walks over.

"Hey Sav." He grins slightly, "You okay?"

"As I'll ever be." I shrug, throwing the bag over my shoulder as I shut the door. Jesus, these weights are heavy.

Well, duh...

"Look I'm sorry about..." Ben ruffles his hair, avoiding my gaze.

"It's fine." I reply and he looks up.

"It's not... we were all laughing but we shouldn't have. The beer took hold and..."

"Ben." I cut him off. "Please. It's fine." I assure him, keeping my face emotionless. "I have to go." I shoot him a quick smile before turning away and starting towards the door.

"Ben!" The familiar voice shoots emotions through my entire body and I freeze as he turns the corner. He stops dead when he sees me, his eyes widening. "Savannah." Brett utters and I shake my head.

I turn around, walking past Ben and pushing the door open, leaving them both behind as I make my way back onto the field. I have to make my way around the outside of the building before I can head back in the direction of the cheerleaders but it was worth it to not have to talk to him.

I have absolutely nothing to say to Brett Winters ever again. I can't wait until he graduates in the Summer and I never have to see him again. Arrogant jerk.

I try to keep the weights over my shoulder, with little success, it taking me three times longer to get back to the cheerleaders, dropping the weights at Ashley's feet.

"Finally!" She glares, "Took you long enough!"

"Sorry." I mutter, taking a step back.

"Of course you are. Everyone grab a weight." She snaps and the cheerleaders run up to the bag, pushing past me to grab weights. "I want to see who actually has some arm muscles."

"Not me." Becky scoffs under her breath and I smirk.

"Me neither." I reassure her, finally grabbing a set, Ashley already patrolling the lines and glaring at various girls.

"What are those? I'm surprised you can lift food up to your mouth with those sticks." She snaps at the girl next to me. I try to keep my face expressionless as she looks me over, continuing to lift the weights slowly, desperate for her to move on. She narrows her eyes at me and I bite my tongue. "Sarah. Not bad. You can be at the bottom." She concludes, turning away.

"Great." I mutter.

"Pardon?" She snaps and I gulp. Did I say that loudly?

"I said great." I smile at her and she frowns at me for a second before looking away.

"Beth. Not bad. Middle tier."

"I'll take that." Becky grins, lowering her arms.

"Whatever." Ashley rolls her eyes, walking back to the front.

*~*~*

"Okay. Let's all take our positions." Ashley yells, "I'll be at the front." She stops before us, her arms crossed. "I want to see how you all perform. So show me." She orders and we immediately throw ourselves into the routine. I chuck the girl above me into the air, grunting as she falls back down into my arms. "Keep going."

"Sorry." I mutter to the girl I'm holding, as her foot slips out of my hand.

"Hold her up higher." Ashley yells out and I turn to see Becky gritting her teeth.

"Ashley I can't."

"Do it, Beth." She snaps and I see Becky's resolve finally break.

"It's Becky."

"What did you say?" Ashley whirls back around to face her, her arms crossed as Chelsea stands beside her.

"Becky."

"Excuse me?" Ashley asks, taking a step closer to her. "What did you just say to me?"

"My name..." Becky starts.

"Do you want to be on this team?" Ashley cuts her off, holding her hand up to stop her.

"I..."

"Have no power here? You're right, you don't." Ashley smirks, "So shut up, and hold her higher. Unless you want me to throw you off the team?" She asks, a fake smile plastered on her face. "Now, do you have anything to say?"

I can see that Becky is fighting with herself, desperate to keep herself together.

"Nothing." She bites out and Ashley nods.

"Anyone else?" Ashley questions, and the cheerleaders all stoop low, their heads down. "If you're on my squad, you play by my rules." She yells, looking around at everyone. "Got it?"

Many of them nod submissively, but I stay still, watching as she rolls her eyes and moans to Chelsea. I look over at Becky, her face still tense as I attempt to shoot her a smile.

"Brett!" Ashley squeals and I look up to see Brett jogging over towards her. "Is practice over?"

"Yeah, coach said we could go early. If you're not ready I can wait..."

"No need. I can decide when it's over here." Ashley beams at him and I roll my eyes, Becky making her way over to me. "We're done girls."

"Already?" Becky huffs under her breath, "What's the point?"

"You can put the weights away now Sarah." Ashley calls over her shoulder before she slides her arm through Brett's. I see him shoot a surprised look my way and send him a sharp glare before turning away.

It's Savannah, bitch.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 235 17
Warning: 18+, strong mature, and sexual content. Sneak peek: "I don't believe in God, Hailey," he murmured, as his firm hands settled on my hips and...
14.6M 372K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
749 5 12
**This book is not for ages under 18** Have you ever been so addicted to someone, that you don't know how you ever lived your life without them? Whe...
77.1K 1.2K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...