What Lurks in Her Eyes

By Author_Imminence

The tables have turned. Vampires are kept as slaves by the werewolves, and now the battle of morals arise. Do... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One: Donovan
Chapter Two: Frozen Tears in Russia
Chapter Three: I Will Find You
Chapter Four: Losing Control
Chapter Five: Fear is a Liar
Chapter Six: Finding Her
Chapter Seven: Skeleton
Chapter Eight: Bringing Her Home
Chapter Nine: My Wolf & Her
Chapter Ten: Her Doctor's Visit
Chapter Eleven: Bonding with Her
Chapter Twelve: They're Here
Chapter Thirteen: The Hunt
Chapter Fourteen: They're Under the Table!
Chapter Fifteen: Our Capture
Chapter Sixteen: Imprisoned
Chapter Seventeen: Condemned
Chapter Eighteen: Left to Die
Chapter Nineteen: Anya
Chapter Twenty: Forceful Actions
Chapter Twenty One: The Wolf is a Prisoner
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cries
Chapter Twenty Three: The Lab
Chapter Twenty Four: Reunited at Last
Chapter Twenty Five: First "Date"
Chapter Twenty Six: Plans Unfolding
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Day Has Come
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Outcome
Chapter Thirty: All is Well
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty Nine: Reunited at Last

809 74 23
By Author_Imminence

Song: Young Blood by 5SOS

Thank you ElizabethBrawn for suggesting this song :)

*

Stunned silence sweeps the room, nobody daring to move, speak, or even breathe. The council seemed to be absolutely stunned at what has just happened, and a single member rose from his seat, melting the solidified stillness.

He kneels down and presses two fingers against the throat of the fallen and says nothing.

The main speaker clears his throat, not seemingly bothered by what had just happened. "Where were we?" He asks.

I nearly choke at how casually he gets back to business, as if one of his members didn't just get a bullet in his brain and is lying in a small pool of blood behind him. My own men whisper and mumble behind me at this odd occurrence.

I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't like the dead council member. I humorously think to myself.

"Uh...y-you were talking about separating territories." I say, my composure slipping.

"Ah, yes, that's right. Yes, I was thinking of having divided territories where the separate species can only cross into the opposite territories if they seek permission from their council. A peace treaty as well as a form of constitution will be signed in order to affirm peace amongst the two. If the vampires do end up breaking peace, we have the necessary materials needed to put them back into slavery, and you will be executed for risking the life of our people." He says.

I look over at Anya, and she gives me a small smile and nods. My stomach drops though when I realize that I would be the one responsible if something were to ever go wrong between the two species again.

"I would agree to those terms, council member." I tell him, nodding.

"Even if you were to be deemed responsible if something were to go wrong?" He asks, raising a brow.

"Yes. I would except regardless of the possible outcomes that could happen in the future." 

I am doubtful any problems would arise in the future, because I have a feeling both species are tired of fighting against each other, but still, the slight possibility is something that will be a fear in the back of my mind for eternity.

"If you agree to our terms, then we can meet in agreement. You will have to sign the paperwork to the statements we've listed. Within around thirty days after signing the appropriate papers, all slaves will be released. Where do you suggest these slaves go who now have no home?" He asks me.

"They are to get jobs like the rest of the people. Discrimination will be a problem for some, but even a sprinkle of determination and they will find themselves getting back on their feet."

"Very well, then. I don't want vampires to swarm my territory, so I am making the amount in this area limited. The rest will have to find areas outside of this area to seek help from others. I'm anxious for this plan of yours to work, for both your sake and mine." He tells me.

The terms with the council are strict. Vampires, though they will be free, they will have many rules and obligations to follow. It won't be easy for them, but anything is better than the current condition they find themselves in right now.

"If you agree to the terms, you may go through the paperwork and sign your signature where necessary." He says, clicking a fancy pen to life and handing it to me. A pile of papers awaits me, and I flip through them and fine the lines I am meant to sign.

I carefully read the paperwork over, however, and making sure I didn't miss anything. I wanted to make sure that this wasn't all some sort of a cruel joke.

But after inspecting the papers thoroughly, I found them to be true to our agreement.

So I penned my final signature at the bottom of the last paper and slid the stack towards the awaiting council. The room was silent with anxiousness and, I assume, excitement.

Perhaps there could be a better future after all.

He looked over the paperwork. "You are free to go. Everything that we agreed upon may take some time to come into effect, but I can assure you that it will happen in due time. Take your mate and live the life you were meant to live."

His sudden kindness surprised everyone in the room. "Thank you, I appreciate your willingness to cooperate."

He nods in approval. "I have a feeling that peace could finally be found amongst the two species. It may take some time to get over the discrimination, but I think eventually tolerance will be formed between the two." He says.

"I think so too." I reply.

That day we leave the building with smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts. We couldn't wait to get back to the rest of those still in hiding to bring them the good news.

And now, Anya and I can start permanent plans for the future.

But first, it was time to go home to see my family again.

* * *

The drive back to the place I called home was a long one yet an enjoyable one. It was only Anya and I, and we decided to make the mot of it. The temperatures were warming up a little bit so Anya had rolled down the window and let the wind flow freely through her hair.

A variety of music played on the radio and we took turns picking and playing the music. I liked the rock genre while Anya preferred genres more leaning to the Indie style.

We told stories and her laughter was radiant and smiles were many. Anya and I really hadn't had much time together due to the several incidents that tried to stopped us from being together in our lives, but I would be sure to make up for it in the time that we have lost.

I was anxious to see my family again. How would they react? What would they say? They've been through hard times too, I'm not the only one who has suffered.

It felt good to be back on my pack lands. It meant I was home. I haven't had a real home for a long time, and finally I was back to the place where I belong.

I didn't knock as I entered my own home, and the smell of my family struck me. I had never really noticed it before, but now that I've been away for awhile makes me realize the distinct scent each home carries.

It's good to be back. I thought to myself.

"Mom, dad?" I ask as I wander about my house. I enter the living room, to find that my entire family - siblings and all - are bundled around the TV. Dinner plates are in their hands full of food and their eyes widen when they see me.

My mom drops her plate on the floor in shock and my dad rises to his feet. Toby, my youngest brother, rubs his eyes, as if he's convinced that he's just dreaming.

My sister, however, wastes no time to crash into me, giving me a tight hug. When she sees Anya standing next to me, she wraps an arm around her, too, and squeezes all of us together.

I chuckle. "It's good to see you, too."

Next thing I know is my mom shoves my sister out of my arms and crushes me in her own embrace. "Is this real?" She mumbles against my chest.

"It's very real." I whisper back.

My dad stands by my side, slapping me on the shoulder with a wide smile on his face. "You're free," He says, "Both of you are free."

Anya nods. "We are."

The entire family stands around me, seemingly refusing to let Anya and I go for what seemed like hours. It was silent - but it was a comfortable silence.

I was finally home.

We were finally home.

And nobody was going to look back.

* * *

Sleeping in an actual bed for the first time in a long time felt very good. And with my mate lying by my side, made it even better.  We laid in bed, talking about anything and everything.  Her fingers found my hair and she was stroking it.

"You need a haircut." She says, poking my cheek.

I laugh, grabbing her fingers. "I haven't exactly had time to cut it."

"I can cut it for you." She says, smiling so wide that her cheeks had to have been burning.

"Can I trust you with that task? I wouldn't prefer to be bald, if you don't mind."

She giggles. "I wouldn't want you to be bald either. I won't make you bald."

She leans against my chest, looking me in the eyes. I can see the tips of her little fangs peeking from under her top lip and I smile as she lands a kiss on my nose.

She squeals when I suddenly flip her over on her back. I have her pinned underneath me and she smiles nervously up at me. Her breath fans my neck and I pepper kisses alongside her lips, jaw, and lastly her earlobe.

She giggles softly. "That tickles."

"Oh, does it now?" I ask, snaking my fingers to her stomach. I pull the hem of her shirt up a little bit, just so that her belly button is revealed and let my fingers lightly trail over her skin there. Goosebumps arise on her skin and she bursts out in laughter.

"N-no.....st-stop, that.....that tickles!" She laughs aloud, wiggling and trying to escape my touches.

I'm quite enjoying this moment, and so is my wolf, so I decide to tickle her a little more. She suddenly jams her own fingers in my armpits, which causes me to launch myself backwards and off of the bed.

I hit the floor with a loud thud and an even louder laugh.

Anya crawls to the end of the bed, looking down at me on the floor. Her hair hangs around her and she waves at me, smiling in victory.

"So....no haircut?" She asks.

So that night, I went to bed with short, uneven hair that was decorated in pink and blue ribbons.

Thank you, Anya.

*

*

*

A/N: One more chapter and this story will be over! Always bitter-sweet when ending a story....

Any way....

Until next time.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139 1 17
He saved her from a terrible car accident when she was a just kid but she still lost her parents. She has no memory of that night but when he comes b...
45 2 11
Y/n, a human in a cruel world for human kind, has been bought by none other then their soulmates but what happens when past masters of hers find out...
359 58 40
It's love but it's war. It's only been three years since her world flipped on its head. Where guns blazed, blood splattered and The Grim Reaper becam...
220 0 27
*WARNING* This story contains depiction of death, SA, and violence/murder. DO NOT read if you are easily triggered by any sensitive content. Please u...