Tempted Fate |18+ (Ménage)✔

By SerenityR0se

[COMPLETED]✔ Book 4 of The Deliverance Series Cormac smirks and replies, "Clever man...writing our worlds wh... More

Tempted Fate
READ - NOW - SERIOUSLY - DON'T - SKIP
⊰1⊱
⊰2⊱
⊰3⊱
⊰4⊱
⊰5⊱
⊰6⊱
⊰7⊱
⊰8⊱
⊰9⊱
⊰10⊱
⊰11⊱
⊰12⊱
Character Pictures Part 1
Character Pictures Part 2
⊰13⊱
Bonus Short - Halloween
⊰14⊱
⊰15⊱
⊰16⊱
Happy New Year! 2018 - 2019
⊰17⊱
⊰18⊱
⊰19⊱
⊰20⊱
⊰21⊱
⊰22⊱
⊰23⊱
Contest - Prizes Include a Signed Copy of One of My Published Book
Patreon - Character Letter - March
⊰24⊱
⊰25⊱
⊰26⊱
⊰27⊱
⊰Aeon Bonus⊱
Psych - April Fool's Day 2019
⊰28⊱
⊰29⊱
⊰30⊱
⊰31⊱
Easter Special - 2019
⊰32⊱
⊰33⊱
⊰34⊱
⊰35⊱
⊰37⊱
⊰38⊱
⊰39⊱
⊰40⊱
⊰41⊱
⊰42⊱
⊰43⊱
⊰44⊱
⊰45⊱
⊰46⊱
⊰47⊱
⊰48⊱
⊰49⊱
⊰50⊱
⊰51⊱
⊰52⊱
⊰53⊱
⊰54⊱
⊰55⊱
⊰Epilogue⊱
Book 5: Fate's Design ✔

⊰36⊱

6.3K 607 208
By SerenityR0se

Come on...
...I'm not that mean.
Left a nice cliffhanger for both Patreon and Wattpad on the last update, but I feel super duper nice and generous today.

💫

What have I done...?

"Rose," they speak in unison and panic.

Grandpa Sebby and Grandpa are out of their chairs, knocked to the floor as they rush past Cypher and me into the dining room. They tear through the estate while Uncle Kev rises to his feet and asks with confusion, "What happened?"

"I..." my voice trails off; shaking my head as Cypher appears scared, moving to wrap his arms around my leg.

"M-Momm-y R-Ros-e?" Cypher asks with fear and confusion.

Uncle Kev comes to stand next to the two of us, my gaze flickering to hold his. The intensity in my stare...it is enough for Uncle Kev to reach out a hand to Cypher while he says, "How about we go get some cookies while Dot helps out, okay?" Cypher's features are unsure, Uncle Kev reassuring him, "Everything will be okay."

Cypher looks up at me and then back to Uncle Kev, slowly nodding his head as he asks me, "Come back?"

"Yes, I still owe you a magic show," I reply, though it is hesitant because with what I've done, I don't know...

Cypher reaches out for Uncle Kev and he leads him away, nodding at me to go.

...fear spikes within the center of my chest.

Returning his nod, I book it as fast as I can through the estate, passing others as I fly by. The cries are easy to follow, my heart panging with guilt. The halls become congested, many of the coven members and those of Dante's pack are lingering, speaking among themselves in their confused state. Trying to weave and push past them is nearly impossible, my temper flaring for a moment.

"Move!" I stand still and yell. Startled, there are those that look to me and move closer to the walls of the hall, seeing Dante at the very end of it outside the closed door. While I walk through a small path that is made for me, he glances at me, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Dante releases a sigh when I close the distance, telling me, "Who knew this curse of yours was contagious?"

"What?" I ask though I piece it together from his ignorance not a moment later.

"Rose," Dante nods at the wooden door, "she's displaying similar symptoms that you did when you broke from that crystal." He rubs his forehead and angrily adds, "I have no idea what we are going to do regarding the winter solstice...we already lost the ability to send you in undercover as a slave...she was our only chance at getting close to the council from within and undetected."

My heart drops into the pit of my stomach, telling him quietly, "It's not contagious."

Dante stares at me hard as I reach out and grasp the door handle. Slipping inside the room, I briefly scan the surrounds while closing the door quietly behind me. It's a very large room, taking one look at the bed to understand that this is all their room. A crib stands at the foot of the bed, Grandpa and Grandpa Sebby kneel near Rose, yet they don't touch her.

Rose is on the ground, tears cascading down her cheeks as she shakes her head crying, "I-I ca-n't t-t-tou-ch h-hi-m!"

She refers to Victor, Marc cradling and shushing the baby in his arms.

When I wished about this curse to not be mine to bear...

...I didn't mean to have anyone else bear it either. I wouldn't wish this on my darkest of enemies, let alone it ends in a Russian roulette with the one person who needs to touch...to be touched.

The cruelty that comes behind this power...a blessing to those who do not know its darkness, a curse of its own and I hardly know how to truly control it. The fact is, I don't think I can and never will be able to as everything always turns into my worst nightmare.

"Please! Ju-Just don't touch me!" Rose cries again, Grandpa and Grandpa Sebby glancing at one another as the look of pain crosses their features.

It's my fault.

I walk closer, drawing their attention. Grandpa stares at me hard, furrowing his brows when I remove one leather glove. Breathing out slowly, I kneel before Rose. Tears blind her vision as she slowly meets my gaze, my heart skipping a beat when I hear Victor cry softly in Marc's arms.

While Grandpa Sebby aids Marc in taking Victor away from his mother in distress, I part my lips to speak, yet Rose beats me to it as she says, "I-I a-am so sorry..." as her voice trails off, I furrow my brows.

Tilting my head to the side, I ask her, "Why are you sorry? This isn't your fault..."

"No...for the way I treated you...for the way you were put through this same thing just yesterday," Rose shakes her head and finishes, "I understand. I'm sorry, I'm so, sorry."

I glance up to Grandpa and whisper softly, "Please forgives me."

He furrows his brows, though I'm quick as I nick my fingertip with my fangs. He exhales sharply before I look back to Rose, wrapping my arm around her upper back and drawing her body against mine. She screams the second my index finger touches her forehead, everyone rushing forward to stop the pain their mate is feeling.

"Rose!" Grandpa Sebby clenches his teeth together, his hands drawing into fists as he calls on whatever patience he must restrain himself from taking a strike at me. Marc is in a similar fashion, but with Victor in his arms and a potential threat already advancing on his mate, as Alpha, he protects his child and backs away behind Grandpa Sebby.

Rose struggles in my grasp, though I hold her firm and still against me, drawing the Theban symbols in my blood across her forehead.

Grandpa growls dangerously, "Dot, what are you doing?"

Like I can remove this curse? Right?

After all, Tresor can't remove mine and neither can I. Does he believe is hurting her? All I know is that his senses and reactions are on a defensive mode.

I only pray it works the way it did once before for me. Though, I've never screwed up a wish this big with massive consequences to the offended party...not until now. I pray they forgive me for what I did, for I don't want it to be seen as an act of aggression. Considering how Rose has changed, I don't want her backpedaling.

Please...

When the words are written, I tap the pad of my index finger to the center of her forehead. Rose's screams escalate, anger exuding from those around me, for they cannot bear the pain she is in that they can't take away...

...I can.

I gladly do, whispering beneath my breath, "Take it back."

My eyelids snap wide open, my head tilting backward as I feel the shift in my irises. They are that of amethyst, wisps steaming out and around my head.

Rose is screaming.

A second later, Rose and I are both screaming.

It is like a bolt of lightning hits the center of my chest, the only one screaming...is me.

Rose falls back away from my touch, my arm becoming lax around her back. She exhales, her eyelids fall shut before she nearly hits the floor. She never does though, Grandpa Sebby catching her gently. My eyelids flutter shut as my heart skips every other beat, my breathing uneven as I feel myself falling, fading out. I too, nearly hit the floor, though a strong arm catches me just in time.

My eyelids are slits as I glimpse Grandpa's features in my field of view. A soft smile works its to the corners of my lips when Grandpa's look of pity and understanding washes over him like a wave crashing against a cliff.

Grandpa holds me as I slowly bring myself back. He sits me up gently, my gaze landing on Rose, unconscious in Grandpa Sebby's arms. He cradled her face to the side of his chest, looking to me as he asks, "Wh-What did you...?"

Grandpa saves me and says, "Dot removed the curse."

"How? I thought...wait, what about-" Grandpa Sebby fits himself off as he reaches out to me and touches my bare hand, a screaming ripping from my lungs.

Nearly convulsing in Grandpa's arms, breathing hard he snaps, "Nothing has changed!"

Grandpa Sebby stares back in horror and replies, "I...I thought..."

"She took whatever inflected Rose upon herself," Grandpa tells him, holding me gently while I slide my glove back on.

I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to.

Grandpa's eyes hold mine as he nods, an understanding between us.

Be careful what you wish for...

I nod, tears escaping the corners of my eyes. They silently fall down my cheeks, Grandpa helping me to my feet. I glance away when Marc reaches out, saying, "Dot, you are a savior, you-"

My heart can't bear this, moving out of Grandpa's arms and rushing to the door. I pull it open quickly and close it right behind me, my gaze traveling upward to Dante standing before me. Everyone wants to know what happened behind this closed door and I don't know if they found out the true reasoning, if there would be aggression toward me.

Dante's arms are crossed in front of his chest, his eyes quizzical. His eyes aren't cold or angry, though his skepticism surrounding who I am after so much had been hidden until recently, he's apprehensive as to how to approach me. He wants to ask, the questions burning on the tip of his tongue, yet he holds it.

I shake my head, maneuvering around him and past that of the vampires and werewolves that stand by idly.

Anywhere but here, anywhere...I just want to run from everything or fall, the weight of everything not entirely what I expected.

Turning to the door and stepping outside onto the patio, I breathe hard and quick. Looking to the sky, I can't blink the tears away, the trails continuing to cascade down my cheeks, beading off my chin and hitting my chest. I don't understand how I am needed anymore...

...Dante will be able to trap and lure Laisha, so there's no need for protection.

Rose will end up as Arthur's selection, though it's up to Grandpa to save her, which I sincerely hope he's already forming an alternate plan. They won't tell her it though, her blood memories could very well be jeopardized and to have her leave with Marc...no, Grandpa will have them all stand and fight this time around. There is no reason to run, to hide, to fear...he knows the course of this path...

...so why am I needed any longer?

Why am I still here?

They await the fate of the one they are relying on to help save this world...

...and I nearly cost them everything.

⊰♥⊱To Be Continued⊰♥⊱

Updates: Fate Fridays

The updates will change in the next two weeks. The book will be finished at 55 chapters and then an epilogue that will transition to the fifth book and the conclusion of The Deliverance Series: Fate's Design. Once it is completed on Patreon, I'll update on Tuesdays and Fridays on Wattpad to finish out Tempted Fate while I start updating Fate's Design on Patreon.

Fate's Design will NOT be in Dot's POV. If you can correctly guess who the perspective will be told from for Fate's Design, I'll list those who are correct with a special shoutout next chapter on Friday.

THE VERY FIRST PERSON TO GUESS CORRECT ON BOTH PATREON AND WATTPAD WILL RECEIVE A PAPERBACK TITLE THAT HAS BEEN PUBLISHED OF MY WORKS, THEIR CHOICE.

TWO WINNERS, ONE WATTPAD AND ONE PATREON.

Potential Rewards!

The Slave That I Am
The Pureblood Vampire Huntress
Ascension of the Hunters
Walking Among Vampires
My Soul To Take

Didn't get a chance to read these before they were published or want to own a paperback copy? Good luck and think about it before guessing! One guess per reader!

Instagram: serenityr0se

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 393K 91
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 1 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Mature Book. --⊰♥⊱-- "Death would be too good for yo...
10.4M 350K 32
"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our laye...
243K 7.6K 40
Meet 19 year old Aqua she's not like other girls she's sassy when she needs to be but all around lovely and nice everyone loves her and she had a alr...
347 3 9
I sighed heavily as I scanned the forest. I had heard something or someone to be specific, wandering about. I decided I would leave once I affirmed t...