What Lurks in Her Eyes

By Author_Imminence

The tables have turned. Vampires are kept as slaves by the werewolves, and now the battle of morals arise. Do... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One: Donovan
Chapter Two: Frozen Tears in Russia
Chapter Three: I Will Find You
Chapter Four: Losing Control
Chapter Five: Fear is a Liar
Chapter Six: Finding Her
Chapter Seven: Skeleton
Chapter Eight: Bringing Her Home
Chapter Nine: My Wolf & Her
Chapter Ten: Her Doctor's Visit
Chapter Eleven: Bonding with Her
Chapter Twelve: They're Here
Chapter Thirteen: The Hunt
Chapter Fourteen: They're Under the Table!
Chapter Fifteen: Our Capture
Chapter Sixteen: Imprisoned
Chapter Seventeen: Condemned
Chapter Eighteen: Left to Die
Chapter Nineteen: Anya
Chapter Twenty: Forceful Actions
Chapter Twenty One: The Wolf is a Prisoner
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cries
Chapter Twenty Three: The Lab
Chapter Twenty Four: Reunited at Last
Chapter Twenty Five: First "Date"
Chapter Twenty Six: Plans Unfolding
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Day Has Come
Chapter Twenty Nine: Reunited at Last
Chapter Thirty: All is Well
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty Eight: The Outcome

819 74 30
By Author_Imminence

Song: Here I am by Tommee Profitt ft. Brooke

*

*

The first thing I noticed upon walking into the room was that it was completely shrouded in silence. All of the council member's faces were clothed in looks of shock and awe as I approached them with the others.

Their expressions quickly twisted into that of anger.

"Y-you're alive." One of them whispered.

"What you are seeing is correct. I am indeed very much alive, and we have a proposition for you." I say, smirking.

I see some of the men's jaw tense as well as their fists. I know they have a pretty good idea about what I'm here to talk about.

"Obviously, there's a problem here. A very big problem that people like you have been ignoring. I came here today to....make a deal with you. Now, I'm sure you already know what I'm here for, so let me just make this simple." I say.

I make eye contact with every single one of the men in the room. My heart pounds in my ears, signalling just how nervous I actually was.

"Do away with your outdated law forbidding the mate bond between vampires and werewolves-"

One of the men, who has a long black beard, slammed his fist down onto the desk. "How dare you march in here with these.....rogues and demand a request such as this? This is outrageous, and I will not allow it. I refuse." He spat bitterly, looking at me with raging yellow eyes.

"Well, I suppose that's too bad for you then. I mean, I could always start a bloody war that would cost thousands of your people's life."

"I'd like to see you try. You and your little scrabble of rogues do not stand a chance." He scoffed.

"I'm afraid you've underestimated us. The group of rebels are not some small group you think they are, but a whole growing society. I would be careful where you tread at this point, council, because I have my people lined up next to me, prepared for war if necessary, and you wouldn't want that, would you?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"This is preposterous, if war it is you want, then war it is you will get!" He screeched, the other people in the room visibly cringing at the sound.

"Hold it right there, council member Harris," Spoke up one of the members, holding his hand up, "Think about it, we don't want to spend millions on some war."

"You mean to tell me that you're taking the side of the rogues? You can't just-"

"No. I don't particularly agree with their beliefs, but I'm using facts over feelings. It seems like most of society today have been catering more towards feelings, rather than looking at facts, and I'm not about to make that kind of mistake." The member stated calmly as he folded his hands together, looking at the other members around him.

Then, he looked at me, his eyes seem to be piercing my soul.

"I am not willing to go to war on this issue. Facts are, that it would cost millions of dollars and thousands of lives, and more division between the two species. Quite frankly, I just don't think it is necessary. I do, however, would like to see the proof of your claims. That there really are more than just you an your small group of rebels with differing opinions. I'm not about to let the minority win over the majority." He says.

"Then let the people speak. You are, indeed the council members, and you yourself is in charge of the people you rule over. Hear their voices, manage their votes. You will be surprised at the number of those willing to put decades of division and hatred aside and start over again with peace." I reply back confidently.

Some in the room were against me, others were quite clearly thinking. The council member rubbed at his stubble and his jaw repeatedly clenched and unclenched, obviously deep in thought.

"Fine, I will administer a survey at once for the people-"

"I disagree. I think we should lock these barbarians up at once and have them executed for their behavior. It's unexceptionable." Council member Harris seethed.

One of the other members spoke up. "And risk starting a war? It doesn't matter what side you're on, but starting a war is something none of us want."

Harris scoffed. "They're bluffing. I'm sure they don't even have enough of them to fill a small school bus, they're using a fear tactic and you all are too blind to see it."

"We don't know anything for sure, Harris. That's why I'm going to have the people vote for themselves."

Harris looked pissed and he shot daggers at me. "Fine," He says, slumping back in his seat, "But if they are lying, I will find out and I will have them tortured and executed for the transgressions they've brought upon us."

I rolled my eyes. Sooo unnecessarily dramatic.

"Very well then. We shall see what the people have to say about this issue. Give us a week to fulfill our duties then come back." The calmer council member told us.

I nodded, glancing at Anya's eyes. She seemed hopeful, and I was hopeful, too. In fact, I think we all are.

This could be the breakthrough we're all waiting for.

"Thank you."

"Mrs. Dulaney will escort you out now." 

Without another word, we all turned and left. The lady escorted us out and we couldn't wait to deliver the hopeful news to the others.

* * *

When we got outside, we were greeted by those who waited outside for us. They looked at us with anxious eyes as awaiting the news in which we would deliver.

"So, what'd they say?" One of them said.

I shrugged. "Most of them seemed surprisingly willing to look at the facts. Like planned, they're not in favor in spending millions on a war, and the scare tactic as well as the truth presented before them made them rethink and evaluate their options more."

"So now what? We wait?" Another asks.

I nod. "Yes, we are to come back next week to be informed of the results. I suggest we all stay here for the week so we can keep an eye on things and so that we don't have to drive all the way back here again."

"How will the others back at the camp be informed about this, then?"

"If there are a few of those who have a family or would like to inform the others of the news, then you are welcome to go back. Only a few people can go, though, I don't want everyone leaving. If you do leave, make sure to come back within a couple days." I reply.

People chatted amongst each other as they decided who would be the few to go and who would be the ones who are to stay.

"Where will we be staying for the week, then?" Richard asks as he walks up to me scratching his beer belly.

"I reckon there's motels around here we can stay in for the time being. Or if others don't want to spend the saved money then you can sleep in your vehicle, which ever works for you. As long as we don't separate, it's fine." I reply.

Our group discusses matters of where we will be staying for the week until we come to an agreement. Some will be sleeping in a motel while others will be sleeping in the trucks in the parking lot of the motel.

And now we wait.

Anya and I decide to just get a room, we didn't want to be completely crammed together while sleeping with no room to even turn. We let someone else sleep in our truck instead, since there was only enough room for one person any way.

It was hard to fall asleep every night. Each time my head fell onto the pillow meant another day was awakening and we were one day closer to finding out answers that could quite literally be life or death.

Anya and I often had late night talks where we would just stare up at the old, cracked ceiling of the motel and talk about everything, really.

Like everyone else, she was excited and anxious. Her anxiety gave her more nightmares than usual, so often times I would have to wake her up in the early morning hours when the darkness still crept around the room like a cold, lurking monster.

I felt bad that that situation was causing her extra anxiety, but luckily, it would soon be over.

When the day finally came and the results of the ballots were in, everyone was up at the crack of dawn, getting ready and preparing themselves for the few possible outcomes.

"Are you ready, today could be the day we are finally set free." I tell Anya, looking down at her and holding her small, still calloused hands.

Her eyes travel up to meet mine and she looks up at me with longing.

She kisses me on the cheek. "Of course I'm ready, just nervous."

"We all are, but this actually seems promising this time. Try to keep your hopes up, okay?"

She nods and we have a moment to share a small kiss together. We are interrupted when someone clears their throat behind us.

Richard.

"We're waitin' on you two lovers, we're all in the trucks now, ready to head out." He says, his eyes twinkling. "Ya'll can smooch or whatever later."

I roll my eyes.

"Yes, of course," I turn to Anya, "We shouldn't keep them waiting any longer. We can finish this later." I say, winking.

"Yes, of course." She laughs.

She follows me outside, where I do a quick head count to make sure everyone that is needed is here. Once I'm satisfied, we all load up in our trucks, hoping for the best outcome.

* * *

The head of the council glances up at me, his glasses siting low on his nose and his eyes peek up at me from the frame of the glasses. He holds a stack of papers in his hand and he grumbles.

Everyone is anxious in the room. Though I don't show any outward emotion, the inside of me is much different. It's like some sort of a war is going on inside of my head and my chest, and my heart pounds rapidly.

I glance at Anya for reassurance, then back at the council. Some of the members are sending deadly glares my way while others are entirely neutral.

"While the votes did, in fact, prove that most were opposed to the law that's in place now, many agreed that it would be best to have marked territories for the separate species." He informs us.

"So, what you're saying is that you are willing to do away with the old law, correct?"

He sighs heavily in defeat. His fingers knit together and he leans forwards. "Yes. Yes I am. None of us wants a war here and as council members, we try to look for what's best for the majority of our people."

"This is outrageous!" The man with black hair and the beard says, standing up. His chair goes flying backwards at the force in which he used.

Anya jumps by the sudden outburst and I find myself stepping in front of her for protection.

"You mean you are willing to defile our race by mingling with these....these atrocities! I will not have it, and I'm not willing to sit here and watch as you all become the destruction of our people!" He shouts, glaring at me.

In a movement quicker than most can react, she pulls something from his pants and aims a weapon at me.

I expect to meet my end in fiery pain that day. I expect to be hit and bleed out on the floor in the arms of my dreams. I expect to take my last breath while looking up into the broken eyes of Anya.

But none of that happened.

Instead, one of the men behind me, at the same moment, pulled out his own concealed weapon and shot the council member before he could cause harm upon any one. The sharp, loud bang momentarily causes me to be deaf.

But when I look up, a small hole is engraved into the center of his forehead, and from the hole, blood seeps.

His eyes roll into the back of his head and he falls forwards. Anya flinches and I watch in shock as he falls to the floor.

The one who opposed us is dead.

*

*

*A/N: Annnnd I suck because this chapter is late.....AGAIN smh sorry I've been studying for my driver's test that I failed twice in a row so now I'm taking it again. Give it up for your not so intelligent author lmao *applauds*

Hope you enjoyed this chapter any ways despite the lateness! Maybe one or two chapters left of this story I'm thinking, and I'm both excited yet sad to wrap this story up!

Until next time....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143 1 17
He saved her from a terrible car accident when she was a just kid but she still lost her parents. She has no memory of that night but when he comes b...
69.6K 1.7K 51
I gasped. "What?" The guard sneered. "Did it hurt you little freak?" I gave him a smirk as blood dripped out of my mouth."No I was just going to say...
852 13 52
Vampires, Lycans, werewolves, demons, warlocks, angels. What I once believed to be fairy tales became my new reality once I met him. Take a walk wit...
12.7K 142 25
This Is A König x reader ¿?Warnings?¿ death/Blood Fluff/smut swearing past trauma/Abuse ¿?Other Languages?¿ German Russian French Spanish ¿?Main c...