Unrequited Love (completed)

De EJTuan

Jinyoung falls in love to his quiet and cold hearted roommate named Mark Tuan. Falling in love to a person li... Mais

Story Summary
Roommate
Childhood Best friend
Is it painful?
Diary
Unfortunate Accident
Disappearance
Cross the Line
The Past
Jealous
Confront
Stay with Me
An Offer
Confused Feelings
Separate Ways
Departure
Mark vs. Mark
Little Fights and First Date
It's Official
(Revised) Hometown
Requited Love

Reconciliation

1K 35 4
De EJTuan

As Jinyoung watched Mark leaving him, he let out a loud sigh. He's supposed to be with Mark if he just agreed. When Mark's car slowly fades away from his sight, Jinyoung took a step going inside the house but before he could do that he heard a car engine that was switched off.

"Jinyoung hyung!" Youngjae shouted.

The familiar voice made Jinyoung to immediately turned around and saw Jaebum and Youngjae approaching him.

"Youngjae?" he murmured. "Jaebum hyung? What are you guys doing here? Mark has left already. Are you here for him?"

Jaebum shook his head repeatedly. "No, we're here for you."

"Huh?" Jinyoung raised his eyebrows while pointing his hand to himself. "Me? Why me?"

Jaebum ignored Jinyoung's question as he looked at Youngjae and jutted his chin, giving his boyfriend a signal to get in and pack Jinyoung's clothes. Youngjae obliged and he went inside Jinyoung's apartment.

"Yah!" Jinyoung tried getting the attention of the his best friend.

"Hey! You need to follow Mark going to Busan." Jaebum said. "Youngjae will pack your things so get yourself ready."

"What?" He scowled. "No, I will not go. I have a lot of things to do in the company."

After he disagreed at Jaebum's command, he turned his back to his best friend and went inside while Jaebum followed him from behind.

"Liar. You're Mark's assistant, you don't have anything to do at the office because you're supposed to be with him now. Your job is to be with him and assist him, not to let him go alone with his business trip and stay at the office."

Jinyoung halted, he pursed his lips while listening to Jaebum's complaints. He turned around and looked at him. "Jaebum hyung...."

"Don't call me hyung if you're not going to listen to me." Jaebum sternly said which made the younger gulped. "You will go there for business not for personal reasons. I know you hate that place, but... come on Jinyoung it's been almost 6 years. You can't just continue avoiding that place for the rest of your life. And how come you fight with Mark when he even wants you to have a good relationship with your family?"

Both Jinyoung and Youngjae listened to Jaebum, Youngjae already finished packing Jinyoung's clothes and when he went out from their room he heard what Jaebum said while Jinyoung just stayed silent.

Youngjae placed Jinyoung's luggage beside the couch before he walked towards Jinyoung. "Jinyoung hyung... you should know that your father was looking for you. He wants to see you."

Jinyoung furrowed his brows as soon he heard Youngjae's statement. He looked at Youngjae with a confuse look.

"Youngjae's right." Jaebum confirmed. "When you were in Canada, I received a call from my parents and they told me about your father. He got sick Jinyoung and his condition became worse."

"We never attempted to tell you about that because we know that you don't even care." He continued. "Your father was rushed to the hospital when he collapsed while working, it happened when you left because you had a fight with Mark. I knew about it because my parents called me, asking me to let you know about it. After you told me that something happened to you and Mark, I tried to talk about your father... but you didn't even give me a chance to continue what I wanted to say."

With a confuse look on Jinyoung's face, he listened attentively to Jaebum's statement while he's trying to recall everything. And he remembered the time when he talked to Jaebum at the park. It was true that Jaebum suddenly mentioned his father but he immediately stopped Jaebum from talking about it.

"And there's one more thing that you need to know." Jaebum added.

"W-what is it?" Jinyoung muttered.

"Mark hyung..." It was Youngjae's turn to reveal the stories that were hidden from him. "Mark hyung met your father and he was the one who paid your father's operation. The reason why Mark wanted you to fix your relationship with your family, it's because that's your father's wish."

Jinyoung eyes were brimming with tears while listening to Youngjae. The people who he thought that abandoned him, were actually searching for him. He couldn't believe all the things that he heard.

Both Jaebum and Youngjae looked at him with a pathetic look. Jaebum approached Jinyoung and together with his boyfriend, they hugged Jinyoung who broke down in tears as soon as he felt them hugging him.

A loud knock from the door disturbed Mark from his sleep. After a 4-hour drive going to Busan, Mark took a nap as soon as he arrived at his hotel. But an annoying knocked from his door didn't want him to experience a peaceful nap.

He lazily got off from his bed, eyes were half open as he trudged towards the door. He held the door knob and twisted it open. As soon as he saw the person behind the door, he rubbed his eyes and looked at the person again. The person in front of him just smiled while staring at Mark who's acting like as if he saw a ghost.

"Jinyoung? Park Jinyoung?" Mark muttered. "What are you doing here?"

A small smile plastered on Jinyoung's face, he entered the room without saying anything while the older was totally puzzled about what was happening.

The younger just walked silently, he placed his luggage at the living room then he sat on the couch while Mark sat beside him.

"Tell me, what happened? Why did you come here suddenly?" Mark asked.

"Why? Don't you want me here?" Jinyoung responded with questions then he looked around the place. "Are you hiding your mistress?"

"Hey, what are you talking about? Just I thought you don't want to come here and also I don't have a mistress."

"Jaebum came to our place and we had a talk." He stated. "At first, I said that I don't want to follow you but..."

"But?"

"But he told me that you've been seeing my father while I was in Canada. Is that true?"

"Aishh that Im Jaebum." The older hissed, he's thankful that the two offered in helping him convince Jinyoung but he didn't expect for the two to spill his secret.

"Why didn't you tell me about it?" Jinyoung asked with a soft voice.

"I'm..." Mark held Jinyoung's hand before he continued to speak. "First, I want to apologize for keeping this as a secret from you. Second, it's true that I've been meeting your father. He knew about us."

"Then what did he say? He got angry right? And then he said that I'm a disgrace in our family and he doesn't want to see me anymore? Right?"

"He said he wants to see you." Mark plainly said as he ignored Jinyoung's accusations towards his father. "I often visit him after his operation and he always tells me how much he misses you."

"You're lying."

"That's true. If you don't want to believe me, we can visit him if you want."

Jinyoung shook his head a million times after what Mark said. Mark snorted with a smirk and he pulled his boyfriend into a hug.

"It's okay, I will not force you."

Jinyoung rested his head on Mark's chest then he closed his eyes, enjoying the warm hug that the older provided. "You saved my father right? You paid his operation."

"Hmmm." The older hummed as a response.

"Why did you do that?"

"His the father of the person that I love. I couldn't let him die. After all, he's also my father."

Jinyoung smiled, he's thankful that Mark was there to save his father. He tightened the hug to the older then he muttered a soft thank you.

They spend the rest of the day together taking a rest at the hotel, they watched movie, played some games, and then they discussed about the event that they will be attending with Mr. Cha.

The next day, Mark and Jinyoung went to the Trading Fair Event where they met a lot of business people. They walked around the event and saw some booths of the companies, displaying their products. Mark's father annually attend the event. Their company also had its booth, but unfortunately Mark's father decided not to attend the event for some reasons.

The two met Mr. Cha at the Trading Fair Event. Mr. Cha was glad to meet Mr. Tuan's eldest son and his partner Jinyoung. They sat down at a restaurant to talk about personal experiences, business, and of course Mark's proposal to Mr. Cha.

The day ended with Mark successfully closed the deal with Mr. Cha. He even mentioned about his daughter to Mark where he wanted the two to meet and get to know but it was too late because Mark already has someone in his life. The conversation made Jinyoung feel uncomfortable even though it was just a joke. He stayed silent until they went back to their hotel.

"You were so silent after Mr. Cha signed the contract. Is there something that bothers you?" Mark asked while removing his tie.

Jinyoung didn't give a response and just stayed silent. He was lying on the bed while facing his back to the older pretending that he's sleeping already.

When he heard nothing from his boyfriend, Mark removed his suit leaving him half naked before he approached Jinyoung. He sat on the bed, leaned closer to the younger and peeked at him. "You're sleeping already? Maybe you got really tired today. Take a rest now."

He pulled the blanket up and was about to cover Jinyoung's body when the younger suddenly said something.

"Is that how your client talk to you?"

Jinyoung's question made the older to frown in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

The younger turned to look at his boyfriend who didn't have any idea about what he was trying to say. "Don't act like you don't know what I mean."

"I really don't know what you're trying to tell me."

He pursed his lips then he shook his head. "Nothing, just forget about it."

Mark just watched Jinyoung facing his back to him once again. He tried to recall everything that happened and he got what Jinyoung wanted to express. The younger was jealous about his conversation with Mr. Cha about him meeting his daughter. He knows that Jinyoung easily gets jealous and when that happens, the younger needs his affection.

"Hey~" He called as he scooted closer to his sulking boyfriend. "I got it already. Mr. Cha just wanted to express his plan about me and his daughter but he knows very well that I have you."

"Even though... I was there. He knows what would I feel."

"He was just kidding." He gently rubbed the younger's arm while placing a soft kiss on his nape. "It's okay, that won't happen again. Please don't be angry."

Jinyoung face his boyfriend this time and he placed his head on Mark's chest. When he realized that Mark was half naked, he slapped Mark's chest. "Why are you naked? Are you trying to seduce me? Go wear something!"

Mark let out a silly laughed. He wrapped his arms around the younger, locking him in his embrace while Jinyoung just let the older do what he wanted. They stayed like that for a while before Mark stood up and changed his clothes.

It was around 9am when Jinyoung got back from checking the venue for the meeting which is just at the hotel's conference room where they're staying. He found his boyfriend who's busy pacing back and forth inside their hotel room. He has a scheduled meeting with Mr. Minoru an hour later and he's totally nervous.

"Mark hyung are you okay?" Jinyoung asked his boyfriend, but Mark didn't pay attention to him and so he approached the older. "Hey hey, it's okay. It's not like it's your first business meeting."

Mark let out a deep breath. Yes it wasn't his first business meeting but it's his first time meeting this client. "Jinyoung I can't help but to feel really nervous. What if he doesn't like the proposal? What if he will reject me?"

"Baby that won't happen, okay? I'm sure he will like the proposal. You work hard on it." Jinyoung said, trying to cheer for the older. "Remember what your father said and just do your best."

Mark just nodded his head at the younger's statement. Jinyoung held the older's hand and pulled him going to the front door but the older didn't budge as he just stood up in his place. He turned to look at Mark with a confuse face.

"Come on, let's go to the conference room."

"Can I ask you a favor?"

Jinyoung furrowed his brows and stared at Mark with a strange look before nodding his head. "Yeah sure, what is it?"

"Can you hug me?"

"Huh?" He blinked his eyes multiple times at the older's request. "Hug you? O-okay."

Jinyoung walked closer to Mark and slowly wrapped his arms around the older, pulling Mark into a tight hug. As soon as Mark felt Jinyoung's embrace, he tightly hugged him back and rested his head on the younger's shoulder. Feeling Jinyoung's hug made him calm and relax.

"Does my hug make you feel better?"

The older nodded his head as a response which made Jinyoung smile then he caressed Mark's back.

"Everything will be fine. Just throw those negative thoughts away."

"Hmmm." Mark hummed in response while nodding his head.

Few minutes later, Mr. Minoru arrived at the hotel and entered the conference room. Both Mark and Jinyoung, together with the other business people, greeted Mr. Minoru with a warm welcome. He greeted Mark and Jinyoung with a smile before he sat on a chair and prepare himself for the discussion of Mark's proposal.

The presentation went smooth, there were times when Mark suddenly stuttered because of being nervous but Jinyoung was there to cheer him up and help him get back to his senses. The first part of Mark's proposal was a nerve-wracking for him but he was able to properly deliver the rest of it.

During Mark's presentation about his proposal, Mr. Minoru was smiling and nodding his head while listening to Mark. He was satisfied with Mark's well-founded proposal and because of it, he agreed to sign the contract with them.

A special meal with large amounts of food and drink was served on Mark and Jinyoung's table. They were in a 5-star restaurant having their dinner together with Mr. Minoru and his company. After their meeting, Mr. Minoru invited Mark and Jinyoung for a dinner. They enjoyed having a friendly conversation with Mr. Minoru and they both find out that he's really not that arrogant. Mr. Minoru is a meticulous person when it comes to business but in reality he's a person with a golden heart.

They spent hours at the restaurant eating and talking when Mr. Minoru was called for a family appointment. As much as he wanted to stay with Mark and Jinyoung, he needs to leave for his family. Mr. Minoru left first, but he let Mark and Jinyoung stay at the restaurant and enjoy the rest of the food. The two were thankful at Mr. Minoru and they continue to marvel the flavorful food in front of them after Mr. Minoru left.

"I didn't know that the food here in Busan is really that mouthwatering." Mark said after he took another bite of the food on their table.

"That's a fact Mark hyung, the food here in Busan is really good." Jinyoung agreed.

"Did you miss the food here?" Mark asked.

"Hmm kinda."

"You know... since we're done dealing with our businesses here, starting tomorrow we have 3 days off. So, we can go around Busan and try some delicacies here."

"Hmm..." Jinyoung hummed while listening to the older. "That's... that's a good idea hyung."

"Yeah, is there a place you want to visit around here?" Mark asked him.

Jinyoung looked at Mark after he heard the older's question. "A place I want to visit?"

Mark hummed as a response when Jinyoung repeated his question.

"Actually..." Jinyoung started. He halted from eating his food, he looked down before he continued to speak. "Actually I want to go home."

Mark suddenly stopped himself from eating his food when he heard what the younger said and he looked at Jinyoung with a worried face. "Why? Don't you want to stay here in Busan? You want to get back to Seoul immediately?"

Jinyoung shook his head repeatedly. "No, what I mean is I want to go back home. To my family. I want to see them."

Staring into a corner, Jinyoung rested his head on Mark's chest while the older was caressing his hair. They were sitting at the backseat of the car as they head to Jinyoung's hometown and Mark can feel the younger's nervousness.

"Are you sure about this?" Mark suddenly asked after a long silence.

Jinyoung nodded his head. "Yes, I am. We're on our way, there's no turning back."

"I didn't expect for you to tell me that you want to visit them."

Jinyoung let out a sigh. He lifted his head and looked at Mark who's busy caressing his hair. "I just think that maybe it's the right time to see my family. If not, then... when?"

Mark's lips curved into a smile while listening at the younger's statement. He's happy that Jinyoung already gathered all his courage to face his family again. "You're right. I'm happy for you."

He leaned closer to Jinyoung, attempting to drop a kiss on the younger's forehead but before he could do that he peeked at Mr. Ji who's focused on driving the car. When he saw that Mr. Ji's eyes were on the road, he dropped a soft kiss on Jinyoung's forehead. Mark pulled away with a smile and saw Mr. Ji looking at them with a creepy smile.

"Yah Mr. Ji!" Mark whined.

Mr. Ji just laughed at Mark, he chose to stay silent and just focused his attention on the road. Mr. Ji has been working with the Tuan family for a long time already. He's the wheelman of Mr. Tuan, but he was asked to accompany Mark since Jinyoung rejected the idea of going to Busan.

Meanwhile in Seoul, Bambam, Jackson, Youngjae and Jaebum were all gathered at Tuan's residence when the four of them asked Yugyeom to plan about their weddings.

Since Yugyeom got married first in Canada, they wanted to get some informations about him. While they're thinking of some ideas, Bambam suddenly remember the two who were in Busan.

"I wonder what is happening now to Jinyoung hyung in Busan." Bambam stated.

They all looked at Bambam after he blurted out a question about Jinyoung. Jaebum took a deep breath, when Jinyoung left going to Busan he wished that the younger won't give Mark a headache.

"We don't know, but I hope he's not giving Mark a problem." Jaebum said as he continued writing something on a paper.

"I think my brother can handle Jinyoung hyung well, though sometimes he's really stubborn."

Jackson smiled, he remembered the time in the past when he needs to deal a stubborn Jinyoung. "That's right. Jinyoung is a stubborn guy, and it's difficult to deal with him sometimes."

Youngjae could see Bambam's intense glare to Jackson when he talked about Jinyoung. "I think someone is jealous."

They all looked at Bambam, they caught him staring intensely at Jackson and they burst out laughing.

"I think someone will cancel the wedding." Yugyeom started teasing the two.

"Then Youngjae and I will have the wedding alone." Jaebum added.

Jackson moved closer to his boyfriend and placed his arms on the younger's shoulder. "Don't be jealous. You'll be my wife soon."

The three looked at the two in an awe when Youngjae complained about something. "You two are really cute and I'm happy that Bambam will marry a person like you Jackson, but I don't understand on why did we coincidentally pick the same wedding date."

"You can cancel your wedding Youngjae hyung if you don't want to have a double wedding with me." Bambam said as a revenge.

Youngjae smiled. "No, I think double wedding is fine. It will be fun. We can walk on the aisle together and cry together as we slowly approach our husbands, right?"

Bambam nodded his head and did a high five with Youngjae. "That's perfect hyung!"

Jackson and Jaebum rolled their eyes and shook their heads while Yugyeom just smiled.

After an hour, the car stopped in front of an old two-storey house. The house was quite big, it has a garden and a pathway in the middle. Despite of this, the house looked so quiet and empty like it was abandoned for how many years.

"I think we're here." Mr. Ji informed the two.

Jinyoung looked out of the window, he stared at the house in front of them. The house looked so familiar to him and he realized that it was the house where he grew up. There were a lot of changes that happened but Jinyoung can still remember everything and all of his childhood memories suddenly appeared in his head as he stared at it.

"Don't you want to step out?" Mark snapped the younger after noticing that Jinyoung was just staring at the view outside.

Jinyoung gulped as he turn to looked at the older. His face looked like all of his energy was taken away from him. "Do you think I can really do it?"

Mark lifted his hand and placed it on Jinyoung's face. "If not now... then when? That's what you said right?"

The younger snorted at what Mark said. He smiled while nodding his head and before he could get off of the car, he glanced at Mr. Ji then to Mark and saw them plastering a look of encouragement for him.

When Jinyoung already pulled himself out of the car, he took a deep breath while staring at the house in front of him. As he was staring, he slowly walked on the pathway going to house's doorstep. The door of the house suddenly swung open and a woman came out. Jinyoung was frozen on his place as he looked at the woman who crouched down and took a newspaper that was on the floor.

The woman stood up and was about to get inside the house when she noticed someone standing a few steps from her. She slowly lifted her head and looked at the person. As soon as she recognized the man, she gasped in surprise and she almost dropped the newspaper that she was holding.

"My son..." The woman said almost in a whisper. "Jinyoung?"

Jinyoung was staring at her, the woman who just called him... it was his mom. His tears started to gather in his eyes after he heard his mom calling him. It's been a long time since he heard his mom's voice, that's why he got emotional just by hearing his mom calling his name.

"Mom..." He responded.

Mrs. Park broke into tears when she heard Jinyoung called him as his mom. She immediately approached her son and pulled him into a tight embrace. Jinyoung's tears rolled down on his cheeks as he rested his head on his mother's shoulder.

"It's been a long time. How are you? Are you doing well?" His mother asked consecutively as she pulled away from the hug and cupped Jinyoung's face. "How's your life in Seoul? Are you eating well? Did you get sick there? You lose weight."

"I'm fine mom." Jinyoung answered.

"You've grown into such a handsome man. We miss you so much, Jinyoung." Mrs. Park's tears continued to fall down as well as Jinyoung. His mother wiped his tears before she continued to speak. "I thought I would never see you again."

"I-I'm so sorry mom."

Mrs. Park shook her head at what her son said. "No. I should be the one who's going to apologize. I couldn't do anything to protect you."

"It's okay mom, I understand."

Mrs. Park was about to speak when he heard a man's voice from behind. Both Jinyoung and Mrs. Park looked at the man who just came out from the house.

"Honey, what took you so long? I want to read the news---" The man didn't have a chance to finish his statement after seeing someone whom he didn't expect to see. "Jinyoung?"

It was Jinyoung's father.

Jinyoung gulped after seeing his father and his heart started beating so fast. The person who abandoned him six years ago was right in front of him.

"Honey, Jinyoung is here." Mrs. Park informed her husband and she could see the surprise look on Mr. Park's face.

"Jinyoung..." Mr. Park called once again. He slowly took a step closer to them. When he got closer enough, he extended his hand to his son.

Jinyoung stared at his father and to his hand that was trying to reach and hold him, he knew that his father wanted to touch and hug him but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Jinyoung, it's your father." Mrs. Park muttered.

"Jinyoung... my son." Mr. Park called him again.

But Jinyoung just stayed silent. He hanged his head low and he silently moved behind Mrs. Park's back, hiding himself from his father. His mother looked at him with a worried face and she understand why Jinyoung was acting like that.

Mr. Park slowly withdrew his hand with an awkward smile. "I'm sorry if I scared you."

Jinyoung didn't even bother himself to give a response to his father or even apologized for ignoring him. Meanwhile, Mark got off from the car after watching everything that happened. He asked Mr. Ji to leave them at Jinyoung's house and they will just call him to come and pick them. He then approached Mr. and Mrs. Park and greeted them with a bow.

"Ohh Mark, you're here as well." Mr. Park diverted his attention to Mark after receiving rejections from Jinyoung.

"Yes, I accompanied Jinyoung going here." Mark responded and his eyes landed to Jinyoung who's acting like a kid hiding behind Mrs. Park's back while both of his parents looked at him as well.

"How about going inside to have some refreshments and talk?" Mrs. Park suggested. She glanced at Mark then smiled. She didn't wait for Mark's response as she dragged her husband going inside the house leaving Mark and Jinyoung outside.

Before Mr. and Mrs. Park got inside the house, Mr. Park turned to looked at his son with a hopeful face and Mark didn't miss it. He saw the way Mr. Park looked at Jinyoung, it's obvious that he's longing for his son.

"Do you think our Jinyoung is still angry at me?" Mr. Park asked his wife after they got inside. "He's not talking to me. And he doesn't even want to come near me."

Mrs. Park rubbed her husband's back to comfort him. "It's not easy for our son to forget what happened before. Just give him time. He needs time."

Mr. Park stared at his wife before he nodded his head.

"Okay, help me prepare some refreshments for them."

"You know, I didn't accompany you here just to watch you hiding behind your mother's back." Mark said, crossing his arms on his chest while staring at his boyfriend who's head hanged low then he noticed a tear fell down. Mark pursed his lips and took a deep breath before pulling Jinyoung into a hug.

As soon as Jinyoung felt Mark hugging him, he burst out crying on the older's chest. "I'm scared. I'm scared of him."

Mark shushed Jinyoung as he caressed the younger's back. "I know. It's okay, I understand. You don't have to force yourself if you can't."

"I thought I can face him already. But when I saw him I remember everything from the past. When I look at him, I can remember how he pushed me out of his life."

Mark pulled away and stared at Jinyoung, he cupped the younger's face and looked into his eyes. "Baby, do you still remember what happened to us before? Do you still remember how I treated you before? I did hate you, I rejected your feelings many times, I say bad things to you, I treated you like a worthless person. I also hurt you just like how you were hurt when your father disowned you. Even though I did all those things to you, you're still there for me. You forgive me and I act like nothing happened. And also, you didn't stop loving me. Your father and I... I know we're different, but both of us have done the same thing and that is we both hurt you before. And I know you can forgive your father just like how you always forgive me every time I hurt you. You can change your perspective towards your father. And change the hatred that you felt for him into love. Just like how my hatred for you turned into love."

"Mark hyung..." Jinyoung mumbles. He didn't expect that Mark would say all those things. He's thankful enough that Mark was there with him, especially now that he needed the older the most.

"I know you can do it."

Since he couldn't face his father yet, Jinyoung chose to just stay in his room while his parents and Mark were at the living room. When he thought about visiting his room, he expected that it would be really messy since no one lives there since he left. But he was surprised when he saw his room, it was as clean as a new pin and everything was still in place. He roamed his eyes around then he saw his 4-layer bookshelf with lots of book, bed, desk and 2 closets were still inside his room.

He was lying on his bed while reading a book when the door creaked open. He took a glance and saw his mom entering his room with a tray of foods on her hand. He sat on the bed and helped his mom place the tray on the bedside table.

"I brought you some foods. I was thinking that maybe you're hungry." Mrs. Park said.

"Thanks mom." Jinyoung said softly with a small smile.

Mrs. Park wandered her eyes around Jinyoung's room before her eyes landed to her son. "We always clean your room hoping that maybe one day you will come back."

"I see, that's why it's very clean."

"When you left, your father often visits your room every time he misses you."

Jinyoung was quite surprised at what his mom said but he tried to hide his reaction in front of his mother.

Mrs. Park looked at her son, she let out a soft sigh before she sat on the bed beside Jinyoung. "Maybe you already know that your father got sick and Mark was there to help him."

He closed the book that he was reading. "Yes, Jaebum hyung told me."

"At that time, I could see how much he regretted everything. I hope you could give your father a chance."

He glanced at his mother then he slowly nodded his head. "I will try mom."

"Thank you for bringing Jinyoung here, Mark." Mr. Park said, they were in the living room while Mrs. Park brought foods to Jinyoung.

Mark shook his head at Mr. Park's statement. "I didn't Mr. Park. It was Jinyoung's decision to come here."

"Honestly, I tried talking to Jinyoung about coming here, but he got angry at me and we ended up fighting."

"I see." Mr. Park said followed by a sigh. "It was hard for you to persuade him, so I wanted to say thank you for your patience in dealing with his behavior about this matter."

"Mr. Park..." Mark called. "You know Jinyoung, he's a hardheaded. He may look like tough but he's soft inside. He needs time, so please be patient with him."

Mr. Park smiled at Mark's advice. He nodded his head and lifted his cup of coffee at Mark. Mark lifted his cup as well before they both took a sip of their hot drinks.

After Jinyoung left home six years ago, Mr. and Mrs. Park shared a soulless dinner every night. But tonight's dinner is an exception since Jinyoung and Mark were there to share a dinner with them. Jinyoung helped his mother prepare some foods just like how he usually help his mother before.

Once the foods were already set on the table, they all settled down at the dinning area to have their dinner. Jinyoung hanged his head low when he saw his father sitting across from him. His father placed some foods on his plate while Mrs. Park and Mark looked at them with a smile on their faces. Jinyoung bowed and utter a small thank you to his father.

They started digging into their food while having a short conversation as they eat. Jinyoung listened to their conversation and would only speak if he's asked about something.

Later when they finally finished having their dinner, Mark guided Mr. Park going to his room while Jinyoung and his mother cleaned the table and washed the dishes. After placing the last dish on its storage, Mrs. Park approached her son and asked him to bring a medicine to his father. He hesitated at first, but he decided to do it anyways.

Jinyoung held a cup of water on his left hand and a medicine on his right. He slowly walked towards the direction of his father's room and he saw Mark coming out from the room.

"Where are you going?" Mark asked the younger.

"I need to bring this to my father." He said, showing the medicine on his hand.

"Oh really?" Mark smiled, trying to tease his boyfriend once again. He clenched his hand into a fist and lifted it. "Fighting."

Jinyoung let out an frustrating sigh towards the older then rolled his eyes. "Mark hyung, I have a favor."

"What? You will ask me to bring it to your father, right?" Mark shook his head and tapped Jinyoung's shoulder. "No way. You should bring it to him."

Mark's right. Since he doesn't want to face his father, he wanted to ask the older to bring it to his father but it seems like Mark could read his mind and found out about his plan. He shrugged Mark's hand away from his shoulder and walked closer to the door of his father's room. "Fine, I'll do it."

"Yes you should." Mark said as he giggled at the younger.

Jinyoung knocked the door before twisting the door knob and open it. He peeked inside and saw his father sitting near the window. Jinyoung gathered all of his courage to face his father this time. He inhaled a deep breath before taking some steps going inside the room.

"Dad, I brought your medicine." Jinyoung said softly as he walked towards his father. "Mom said you need to drink it."

Mr. Park smiled at Jinyoung who's handing him the medicine. He gladly took the glass and medicine then drank it. "Thanks Jinyoung."

After Mr. Park handed the glass back to his son, Jinyoung didn't say anything and he just bowed his head to his father. He turned around, making his way going out of the room. He was already twisting the door knob when he heard his father speak.

"Jinyoung..." His father called. "Goodnight my son."

Instead of pulling the door to open, Jinyoung let go of the door knob and he slowly turned to look at his father. He placed the glass that he was holding on the bedside table then he sat on the bed across Mr. Park while his father frowned at him, confused at his son's action. He needs time to confront his father, Jinyoung knew it. And he also knew that it was the right time to fix everything.

"Dad..." Jinyoung called. "Why are you so unfair?"

His father tried to figure out what Jinyoung was trying to say. He stared at him before he responded with a question. "What do you mean?"

"You hate me so much that you ended up disowning me, while I couldn't hate you no matter how I try. It's unfair, isn't it?"

"Jinyoung..."

"For the past six years..." Jinyoung started as he stared at the wall inside the room. "I miss the feeling of having a father. I miss the feeling of being taken care of. Since I left, I lived alone. I applied for a scholarship to lessen my school fee. I worked part time to pay my expenses at school. I did everything by myself. I need to strive harder in order for me to live a better life in Seoul."

"I did all those things alone because the people whom I expected to support me and guide me through this journey..." He continued then he looked at his father this time. "they pushed me out of their lives."

Mr. Park couldn't help but to looked down after Jinyoung let out the last statement. He could feel how painful it was for his son.

"I've always wanted to ask you on how did you manage to disown your son six years ago?" Jinyoung tried to hold back his tears, but he failed as it started to welled up in his eyes.

"Jinyoung..." Mr. Park looked at his son with a face full of sadness. "I admit that I wasn't a good father to you. I pushed you away when you needed me and your mother the most. But you should know that I never hated you just like what you think. I pushed you away when you're just trying to be true to yourself. I know what I did was wrong."

"This may not be the right time, but I want to use this opportunity to finally say this to you." Mr. Park reached for his son's hand then held it, and this time he let his father held him. "Jinyoung, let me apologize for everything that happened."

"I'm so sorry, my son." As soon as Mr. Park let out an apology, his tears started to gather in his eyes. "I know that it would be hard for you to forgive me, but it's okay. I'll accept it because I deserved it. But please, give me a chance to be your father again. I want to take care of you and support you in any decisions that you're going to make in the future."

Jinyoung stared at his father's eyes as he listened to him. The tears which gathered in his eyes were slowly running down on his cheeks. He nodded his head as a response to his father's request. No matter how he wanted to hate the person who abandoned him, he couldn't do it. "Dad... I'm sorry."

Mr. Park frowned when Jinyoung suddenly apologized. "Why are you saying sorry?"

"I'm sorry if I wasn't a good son to you. I'm sorry if I'm a worthless person. I'm sorry if I can't fulfill the things that you want for me."

His father smiled while shaking his head. "I never think that you're a worthless person. In fact, I'm very proud of you. Look at you now, you're a successful person. You graduated from university, you went to Canada to fulfill your studies and you did it all by yourself. Tell me, how can you say that you're worthless when you achieved those things? You just proved to me, that you're a person who deserved to be respected. You just proved to me how amazing you are and I'm proud to say that you're my son."

Jinyoung pouted as he launched himself to his father and hugged him so tight. He burst out crying after what he heard from his father. All this time, he thought that his father abandoned him and doesn't want to see him anymore but he's wrong. "Thank you, dad."

"I should be the one who's thanking you. Thank you for coming back to us." Mr. Park stated.

"I still want to say thank you for accepting me as who I am."

Mr. Park didn't say anything and just nodded his head while plastering a smile on his face. Meanwhile, Mark and Mrs. Park were outside listening to their conversation. Mrs. Park was crying while Mark tried to comfort her. They both know how difficult it was for Jinyoung, but they were both happy that the two finally reconciled.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

883 55 14
Mark Tuan is in love with his best friend, Jackson Wang, who already has a girlfriend, Heo Youngji. This is Mark's story, the third party. ...
42K 1.9K 37
𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐋; a boy from los angeles, mark tuan, moved alone to korea for his studies and found park jinyoung, whom he fell for. feelings blossomed, m...
124K 3.4K 36
Lee Mijoo is just a girl who doesn't want to fall in love again Mark Tuan is a guy who loved to play with girls' heart What will happened if both of...
1.7K 48 31
Sa Eun a pretty 18 years old girl who goes to Seoul University. One day she bumped into a tall handsome man from a kpop idol group call Got7. His nam...