Just Cori (Ambitious Girl Seq...

By lush_rush

If you love something, set it free; If it comes back its yours, if it doesn't, it never was. ~ Richard Bach I... More

Just Cori (Ambitious Girl Sequel)
Chapter 1: Jealous
Chapter 2 : The Wedding
Chapter 3 : Find A Way
Chapter 4: Pieces
Chapter 5 : Bad Day
Chapter 6: Confessions
Chapter 7: Can I
Chapter 8: Alone Together
Chapter 9: Desire
Desire (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Hot & Cold
Chapter 11: Plans
Chapter 12: Blame Game
Chapter 13: For You
Chapter 14: Anticipation
Chapter 15 : Passive Aggres-Her
Chapter 16: Forevers
Chapter 17: Spoiled
Chapter 18: Failure
Chapter 19 : Situationships
Chapter 20: Guns & Roses
Chapter 21: Please Don't Go
Chapter 22: Consideration
Chapter 23: Epiphany
Chapter 24: Enlightment
Chapter 25: New Beginnings
Chapter 26: The Fact Is ( I Need You)
Chapter 27: The Bachelor
Chapter 28: The Big Day
Chapter 29: The Big Night (The Irony)
Chapter 30: Fortunate
Chapter 31: Skeptical
Chapter 32 : SMH
Chapter 33: Stressed Out
Chapter 34: Let Go
Chapter 35: The Pact
Chapter 36: Foolish
Chapter 37: Slow Down
Chapter 38: Love Is Blind
Chapter 39: Paranoid
Chapter 40: Love Don't Change
Chapter 41: Panic Mode
Chapter 42: Do We Have To
Chapter 43: Couples Therapy
Chapter 44:Hate That I Love You
Chapter 45: Mishap
Chapter 46: Pre-Parenting
Chapter 47: Options
Chapter 48: Replica
Chapter 49: Secrets
Chapter 50: Opportunity Awaits !
Chapter 51: Meant To Be (Interview)
Chapter 52: Good News !
Chapter 53: Glory
Chapter 54: Incomplete
Chapter 55: 24 Hours
Chapter 56: Homecoming
Chapter 57: Don't Be Afraid
Chapter 58: Parenthood
Chapter 59: Just Yesterday
Chapter 60: Thankful
Chapter 61: Finale

Chapter 53: Nervous Wreck!

1.5K 59 7
By lush_rush

My mother is staying at my house for a couple of weeks because my due date is slowly approaching actually it's taking a little long it's already February 13th and the babies are due tomorrow on Valentine's day. I feel perfectly fine right now just really scared and nervous. I don’t want to feel all this pain I know I am about to endure. Today Chres and I are going on a date because this will probably be the last night well have fun in a long time.  I sat in the kitchen drinking my tea scrolling through my phone and all of sudden my instagram notifications we're blowing up as well as my phone.  I opened my messages from Lisa.

“Did you see this yet? She asked. I looked closely to see the cover of the New York Daze magazine and read it.

“Newyork's New Power Couple Chresanto and Cori August”

“The Huxtable family meets the Harris Family”

“Read how these two met”?

“There new adoption”

“And twins on the way”

“And Cori's miracle story all on page 35”

My eyes widened I couldn’t believe we were on a magazine again but this time covering it. I can’t believe they compared us to Huxtables I think that's a little too extreme I'll take the Harris Family at least. I looked at our family picture and all of this seemed unreal to me. I called Chres waiting for him to answer.

“Hey baby”

“GO TO THE CVS NEXT TO YOUR BARBERSHOP” I said in excitement.

“What's at the CVS store” he asked laughing.

“Our magazine duhhhh” I said.

“Oh okay I'll check out in a few” he said.

“Alright babe” I sighed.

“What's wrong?

“Nothing I'm fine”

“Ummhmm what chu doing over there you’re not being bad are you? He asked.

“Boy bye…. I'm just chilling getting ready for our date later” I smiled.

“Aww someone's excited for tonight” he said

“Your mind is always on something else Mr. August” I chucked.

“See look at you I wasn’t even thinking like that but I mean if that's on your mind that's fine too baby” he said.

“Bye Chres I'll see you later” I laughed.

“Okay see you later” he laughed hanging up.

Chresanto

I quickly walked to the CVS next to the shop to look for the magazine. I walked up the front and saw the magazines piled up with our faces. I grabbed like 5 of them and a pack of gum and went to the man at the register he looked at the magazines while he scanned them and looked at me. “Yeah it's me” I laughed. “I thought so” he said placing them in a bag.

“That will be 20.47” he said.

I swiped my card waiting for it to clear he gave me my receipt and I was on my way back to the shop. I sat down on the chair and read and looked at the cover of our photo.

“Newyork's New Power Couple Chresanto and Cori August”

“The Huxtable family meets the Harris Family”

“Read how these two met”?

“There new adoption”

“And twins on the way”

“And Cori's miracle story all on page 35”

They compared us to the huxtables I blurted out silently. “What's that you looking at Chres? My barber Larenz asked. I showed him the magazine. “We're on the front of the New York Daze magazine” I cheered.

“Aye let me see” one of the guys I was cool with asked. I handed him an extra magazine from out the bag. I handed Larenz one and he stopped trimming some guys hair and read it.

“The Huxtables meet The Harris Family” he chuckled.

“I know I can’t believe the compared us to the huxtables we aint all that know” I laughed.

“No, you better be proud at least your admired by some people shoot I'd damn sure play Cliff Huxtable in a heartbeat” he laughed.

“Cori's miracle story” Aaron asked.

“Yeah just read it” I said.

“I'm proud of you homie, you're doing real big things” he said sweeping his floor. “Ahh thanks man I appreciate it” I smiled looking back through the magazine. I looked at the goofy and silly pictures we took, realizing how in love I really am. “So when are the babies due? He asked.

“They're supposed to be due tomorrow February 14th but she hasn’t had any signs of early contractions or anything so we're just waiting” I explained.

“Dang they trying to stay in there aren’t they…….. I'm ready for you” he said. I got up and walked over sitting in his chair.

10 Minutes Later

I was washing my hair in the kitchen sink jamming with my mother while she was cooking dinner. “Cori our song just came on the radio” She shouted turning it up.

I never knew there was a
Love like this before
Never had someone to show me a love
Love like this before

We both sang dancing while I rinsed my conditioner out all of a sudden I felt like I peed on myself. My eyes widened and looked down to see a pool full of water on the kitchen floor. I felt an urge of pain rush to my pelvis area and I began to scream.

“Ughhhhh oh my god Ma” I yelled. But she was too busy jamming to the music.

“Ma”

“TRINA” I screamed. She turned around and her eyes widened as she looked down at the floor. “Oh my goodness baby you’re in labor” She grabbed a fresh towel from the bin and I wrapped it around me.

“Ughhhhh” I screamed in pain. Tre came running down the steps. “What's wrong? He asked.

“Cori is in labor go upstairs and get that emergency bag and call Chres” she ordered.

“Oh god” he ran in panic upstairs. She helped me walk towards the door I grabbed my phone and quickly put on my uggs. She took my phone and called Chres but he wouldn’t answer.

“What the fuck won’t he answer” I screamed in pain. Tre flew down the steps and followed us out the door. He opened the door for me and helped me in. My mother stepped on the gas she called Chres one more time while I was practicing my breathing techniques.

Chresanto

I was laughing and geeking with my friends until I looked down at my phone I didn’t know it was on silent and I had like 20 missed calls from Cori and her mom. I quickly answered when they called again.

“Hello” I answered.

“Cori's in labor hurry up and come on” Trina said. I could hear Cori screaming in pain in the background. I got up quickly. “Is she okay? I asked.

“OF COURSE I'M NOT OKAY CHRES, UGHHH” She shouted from the background. I quickly got up and began heading out.

“What's going on Chres? Larenz asked

“My wife she's in labor” I said all I heard was all the guys cheer and applaud for me as I left.

“Congrats Chres”
“Go get em”

“Lil Chres from the block is about to be a daddy”

I ran out of the barber shop and got in the car and I sped off. So many things were rushing in my mind.

“Will I be a good dad?”

“Will I be too strict?”

“Will Cori be alright?”

Thank god the hospital wasn’t fall at all from the barber shop. I parked in the garage and began calling everyone and telling that she was in labor. I walked to the receptionist until I heard Cori's grandmother call me. She walked me in the room and I saw Cori laying there in pain with drenched hair. “Hey baby” I said nervously. I was scared to get cursed out you know what they say about women in labor. I sat beside her and held her hand praying she wouldn’t break it. The nurse came in and I watched her check to see if she was dilated which she was.

“Cori would you like an epidural? Susan asked.

She shaked her head. My dad walked in with his camera ready. Then walked in Lisa, Toni and Christina came in with balloons and flowers. I knew eventually they would tell us that there were too many people in our room.

“You need anything? Her mom asked on the other side while I rubbed her hand.

“Some ice chips” She said.

Cori

“You want a pop sickle instead? One of the nurses asked. I was feeling very hot and all I wanted to do was strip but I couldn’t at the moment. I would get contractions every 5 minutes and they were painful. Everyone asked me if I wanted to get drugged up but I refused I was going to have a natural birth if it killed me.

YESSSS Cori is in labor and Chres is a nervous wreck LMAO!

Like & Comment

Aww Chance and Carmelo are coming :D Turn uhhhh!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 51.3K 40
Two best friends meet Mindless Behavior on their way to Florida. More friends are made throughout the story. All the boys find love or they think the...
111K 2.4K 20
fear hope shame stupidity regret Are all words that could describe how I feel at the moment. Text copyright © All Rights Reserved wonderful_kayla