Iɴ Tʜᴇ Eɴᴅ Iᴛs Hɪᴍ & I | Mɪʟᴇ...

By Milheaven

ɪ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ. ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴘᴀᴜsᴇ, ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ. ɪ'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄ... More

Nightmares
Jealously
Breaking the Rules
"Studying" [S]
Starlight Date
Bad Day
Sick in Love
Lost Control
Secret at School [S]
The Middle
Winter Days & Hot Chocolate
I Need You
Slumber Party
Because of That Boring Movie [S]
New Words
Loopy Confessions
Late
A Year Without Her
Late Night "Visit" [S]
Dancing in the Dark
Drained
Thunder & Lightning
Stars
Drunk
Her King, His Queen
Whipped
Me + You
Homework [S]
I Should've Saved You •Part 1•
I Should've Saved You •Part 2•
Not Pretty
One Night Only
Brownies
The Birthday Present
Rainy Days
Rewrite the Stars •Part 1•
Rewrite the Stars •Part 2•
The Serenade
The Arcade "Date"
The 354th Day
Hurts Like Hell
Daydreams •Part 1•
Daydreams •Part 2•
Cherry Lipgloss [S]
Ferris Wheel
Medication
Red
Comfort Food
Lavender
Stranger Things 3 (Therapy/Opinions)
Mine
Missing You
Neverending Story
~STRANGER THINGS 4~
Mini Mileven Moments
Red and Purple [S]
Midnight Kiss
Old Times Sake
The Blanket Fort [S]
○AN: A Very Important Notice○

The Special Christmas Gift

2K 88 104
By Milheaven

Merry Christmas everyone! ❤️

(Age 15)

"Mom when is everyone coming over?" Mike asked, climbing onto the kitchen counter and grabbing a freshly baked cookie from the tray.

"Soon; in an hour." His mother replied, moving the tray of cookies out of Mike's reach, "Nancy's ex-boyfriend, Steve Harrington is bringing your friends Lucas, Max, and Dustin over. Jonathan and Joyce are bringing Will. And chief Hopper is bringing your... friend Jane." She couldn't help but smile at the last sentence. Though Mike wouldn't admit it, she knew Mike and El had a special connection.

Mike instantly grinned and his cheeks turned bright red at the mention of El. "Her nickname is El, mom. Call her that instead of Jane, please. It's what she prefers."

"Honey, you really like this girl, huh? You look like a tomato and I only said her name once."

He fanned his face with his hand, ignoring her question, "I don't like her, she's just a friend. Also, please don't embarrass me in front of her. No mentioning me when I was a baby or showing her baby pictures or anything."

Karen raised her hands, "Alright I won't embarrass you, Michael. I won't embarrass you in front of your crush!" She reached over and pinched Mike's cheek, who groaned and hit her hand away. "My little boy is growing up."

No one except for the party knew that Mike and El were actually dating. If their parents (especially Hopper) knew... it wouldn't end well.

"Mom I'm 15 years old. I'm not little." Mike sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I'm going into the basement!" He jumped off of the counter and made his way down the stairs.

He sat on the basement steps and picked up the little gift bag from underneath the stairs. Mike slowly opened it and peered inside, double checking that everything was perfect. Pulling out a pen from his pocket, he quickly wrote the name El on the little tag on the gift bag.

"You got this Mike," He whispered to himself, "She'll love it. It's a nice Christmas gift... right?" He sighed and ran his fingers through his dark hair, "You can do this." He slipped the bag back under the steps and stood up.

Mike began to clean up the basement, mumbling words to himself, "Should I try to kiss her? There is that mistletoe Nancy set up in the hallway... maybe I can get El over there..." He stifled a laugh as his cheeks turned a bright shade of red, surprised by the fact that he had even thought about kissing El under the mistletoe. Mike knew he wouldn't have the confidence to kiss his girlfriend in front of so many people and under the mistletoe and during a very special moment and very special day.

"Michael! Your friends are here!" His father called from upstairs, instantly making Mike grin and run upstairs just as Lucas, Dustin, Max and Will walked inside, followed by Joyce, Jonathan and Steve.

His smile faltered ever so slightly as he noticed El wasn't here yet. "Hey guys, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too Wheeler." Max sighed, adjusted the red sweater she had worn.

"Mike, Merry Christm- ooh are those cookies?" Dustin grinned and reached for the tray of cookies.

Everyone stifled a laugh and exchanged greetings before finally deciding to go to the basement. Lucas and Dustin immediately plugged in the Atari game system and began to play while Max and Will shouted somewhat helpful tips at them over their shoulders. Mike sat on the basement steps, quickly checking to make sure his gift for El was perfect and ready.

"Who's that gift for, Wheeler?" Max asked as she took the game controller from Lucas' hands.

"Oh uh, no one, someone." Mike stuttered slightly, turning his now red face away from them.

"No one? Or someone?" Max asked with a smirk.

"It's for El; I bet you 10 bucks." Dustin shouted.

"No shit. Of course it's for El," Lucas laughed. "She's the only person I know that can make Mike like that." He shot an arm out towards Mike, who had a grin on his face and his cheeks a bright shade of red.

"What did you get her?" Will asked, a grin on his face.

"I uh, I got her..." Before Mike could reply, Will slowly picked up the bag and pulled out a white box. Inside the box were two pendants: one on a thin silver chain and the other on a small key chain loop. The pendants when placed together read the word promise in gold cursive writing.

Mike had gotten a 2 piece/pendant necklace for them both to share.

"Look, I'll be honest... that is really fucking cute." Dustin grinned, taking a look at the pendants.

Max slowly nodded in agreement and passed the box to Lucas. "How much money did you steal from Nancy to buy this?"

Mike muttered, "$45. She's gonna kill me when she finds out but it's worth it."

Will closed the box and placed it back in the bag, "El will love it Mike." He handed the bag back to Mike.

"Hell, Mike could get El a box of Eggos for Christmas and she'll be happy." Max muttered, earning a grin from everyone but Mike who was putting the bag back in its hiding place.

Mike wouldn't admit it but he was nervous as hell. He wasn't sure if she would like the gift or if he would mess up somehow or anything. He wanted this Christmas to be special for his first (and last) girlfriend.

"Michael!"

"I'll be right back." Mike said before going upstairs and nearly falling on his face as he saw the person before him.

El stood in the doorway, a dark coat over her white sweater. Her hair fell in shoulder length curls around her face and her eyes sparked like the diamonds in the pendants of Mike's gift.

"Mike!" El smiled and rushed over to him, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

"H-hey El." He was slightly taken back but hugged her back, taking in the sweet scent that lingered on her. Mike would have stayed there hugging El all day if he could but he pulled away as his eyes locked with Hopper's. "El, let's go in the basement, I have something for you."

She nodded simply and allowed him to lead her to the basement where she gave hugs and greeted the rest of the party. "Okay guys, out." Mike directed to the rest of the party.

"Aw I thought we got to stay when you gave her the g-" Dustin started before disappearing up the stairs along with the others.

Mike took a deep breath and grabbed the bag from behind the stairs. He turned back to face El who was sitting on the couch and his mind momentarily went blank at the sight of her. He sat next to her and placed the gift bag on her lap.

"So I got you this for Christmas and I hope you like it and I'll explain what it is exactly when you open it and-" Mike started to ramble.

"Mike," El said softly, taking the white box from the bag. "It's okay."

He watched as she opened the box and gasped, "Pretty." El instantly smiled and looked at Mike who had a grin on his face.

Mike gently took the necklace from the box, "So there are 2 of them because one is mine and one is yours. When you out both pieces together it spells the word promise."

El grinned and hugged him tightly, cuddling into his arms, "Thank you Mike."

Mike gently kissed her head and closed his eyes for a moment, "Anything for you El." He took a deep breath and brushed one of her curls back. "Let me put it on you."

El nodded and turned around so her back was facing him. Mike gently placed the necklace around her neck and clasped it. He let the delicate chain fall onto her skin and he took the opportunity to let his fingertips drag across her smooth skin, sending shivers through her spine.

She smiled and reached for the second pendant on the key chain loop, "What about this one?"

Mike gently took the pendant from her, "Well one day when I get my own car, I'll attach this onto my keys. But for now I can do this." He carefully fastened the loop and pendant to his watch to the pendant laid against the watch strap.

El smiled and ran her fingers over her necklace, "Pretty. Really pretty." She looked at him with big sparkling eyes that made Mike's heart melt.

Before Mike could catch himself he softly said, "Just like you."

El's cheeks turned a soft shade of red and she leaned in to press a soft kiss against Mike's lips, earning a smile from them both.

"Kids, pizza is here!"

"Let's go El." Mike intertwined his fingers with hers and walked up the stairs, only to stop in the hallway. Under the mistletoe.

"Mike what's that?" El asked softly, pointing to the mistletoe they stood under.

"W-well, when two people are under it together they d-do this." Mike stepped forward and gently presses his lips against hers, completely forgetting that everyone could see them.

El gasped and kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck as his hands fell to her waist. Mike pulled away after a moment and pressed his forehead against hers, a grin on both of their faces.

"Wheeler! Did you just kiss her?" Hopper shouted, making both kids jump apart.

"...No."

Well... looks like everyone knows that Mike and El were more than friends all along...

Merry Christmas again everyone, I love you guys ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 2.3K 19
a lot of mileven fluff, some spice, no smut or angst. request whatever you'd like. all lowercase. started ~ july 28th 2019 finished ~ october 9th 201...
114K 1.9K 36
"𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙, 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬" 𝙈𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣☼︎ [𝖲𝗉𝗂𝖼𝖾] [𝖬𝗂𝗅𝖽 𝗌𝗆�...
340K 12.8K 34
EVANESCENT. ❝I have an idea. possible? Perhaps. Dangerous? Definitely.❞ STRANGER THINGS. BOOK ONE of the GENIUS TRILOGY. PART OF THE HAWKINS LEGAC...
9.7K 402 8
-COMPLETED In which, Mike and El fall in love by leaving notes in a book. Started: September 19th, 2019 Finished: March 7th, 2020