What Lurks in Her Eyes

By Author_Imminence

The tables have turned. Vampires are kept as slaves by the werewolves, and now the battle of morals arise. Do... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One: Donovan
Chapter Two: Frozen Tears in Russia
Chapter Three: I Will Find You
Chapter Four: Losing Control
Chapter Five: Fear is a Liar
Chapter Six: Finding Her
Chapter Seven: Skeleton
Chapter Eight: Bringing Her Home
Chapter Nine: My Wolf & Her
Chapter Ten: Her Doctor's Visit
Chapter Eleven: Bonding with Her
Chapter Twelve: They're Here
Chapter Thirteen: The Hunt
Chapter Fourteen: They're Under the Table!
Chapter Fifteen: Our Capture
Chapter Sixteen: Imprisoned
Chapter Seventeen: Condemned
Chapter Eighteen: Left to Die
Chapter Nineteen: Anya
Chapter Twenty: Forceful Actions
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cries
Chapter Twenty Three: The Lab
Chapter Twenty Four: Reunited at Last
Chapter Twenty Five: First "Date"
Chapter Twenty Six: Plans Unfolding
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Day Has Come
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Outcome
Chapter Twenty Nine: Reunited at Last
Chapter Thirty: All is Well
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty One: The Wolf is a Prisoner

878 82 22
By Author_Imminence

Song: Man or Monster by Sam Tinnesz

*A/N:  My new story will be published on December 21st! It's going to be another werewolf story ;) Get ready.....

*

The hunt was on for the large, wild wolf that roamed the winds of the Northern Mountains. By day the animal seeks refuge in the surrounding forests, but by night, the animal haunts the small town nestled in the mountains.

Winter fell, and as winter fell, the snowflakes followed. Temperatures dropped and the animals of the forests grew thick coats to keep them warm and protect them from the cold. The beautiful beast was no different, shaking out his thick black fur and prowling around the earth ready to kill and destroy.

His attackers hunted him, but he eluded them.

Doors were locked in the night and both humans and supernatural creatures alike were on his trail, trying to track and capture the beast.

His heavy paws left massive footprints in the snow and his thick fur caught on bushes. His hair was collected and sent to the labs in an attempt to identify the animal - if a werewolf - genetically.

But as long as the beast was free, danger lurked at every corner.

Under the cover of darkness, the wolf attacks and kills his victims. Torn limbs are left behind as the result of his uncontrollable rage, and scientists are attempting to figure out what exactly has driven this wolf mad.

What they don't know is that this wolf isn't just an animal, but part human, too.

Or, was, any way, until he was driven into the wild to live in solidarity and forced from his mate and family.

Now he roams the nights freely, in search of someone to destroy in an attempt to sate his tremendous, uncontrollable rage.

And he knows just the place to target next.

A group of campers sat around the campfire, laughing and talking as they roasted marshmallows. The scent of campfire stained the wolf's fur as he crept upon the trio of joyful young humans.

Foolish they were to ignore the warnings of others, for they just thought it was all some sort of a game or joke. Surely, a beast bigger than a miniature donkey is all just a fabrication, a mere story.

But oh, were they wrong.

And they were just about to find out the consequences of their actions.

It was time.

The wolf emerged from the bushes and revealed himself.

When the three humans finally noticed the presence of the beast, they stood up and cautiously backed away. They eyed the animal, maintaining eye contact. One of the young males even picked up a stick and started waving it around in the air and hollering at the creature like a madman in an attempt to scare the beast.

Their faces were priceless.

Fear. Realization.

It was almost as if their lives were flashing before their eyes.

The wolf crept closer to them, head bowed, teeth barred. His snout was wrinkled up as he revealed his long, sharp, black teeth. The group was stunned to see that the entire animal - mouth, teeth, tongue and all was as black as the darkness that grew around the stars.

The situation was under control.

The humans were having a face off with an animal, none of them daring to move.

Until they made a mistake.

They decided to run.

The wolf gave chase, happily giving in to his predatory instincts. After all, predators craved to hunt. They loved the thrill of the chase, and when their prey runs, they fulfill their killer instincts.

The wolf easily caught up to his two legged prey, and when he did, he lunged. His powerful back legs forced him from the ground and he landed atop the male, who uselessly tried to beat the wolf over the head with the stick.

The wolf would have none of it, and swiped the stick from his giant paw. The man screamed and screeched hysterically before the wolf plunged his canines into his victim's arm.

He screamed in pain.

The wolf ripped the man's arm from his socket and it popped loudly as the shoulder disconnected itself from the joint.

The human's friends screamed, and, left with no choice, one of them ran into the tent and retrieved the shotgun they always brought along in occasions such as this.

With shaky hands, he loaded the shotgun, an with shaky hands, he took aim. His breathing was loud as he targeted the animal that was ripping apart his friends and fired.

The bullet spray pierced flesh and lodged themselves into the wolf's shoulders and neck.

This only seemed to make the wolf angrier.

While bullets were painful, it takes more force and power to kill a werewolf.

Determined, the human fired again - and again and again, until suddenly, the wolf backed away. His jaws dislodged themselves from flesh and he staggered weakly, head spinning. He licked his bloody teeth and his own blood dripped down his fur.

The bullets were laced with silver, and, unfortunately for him, he was shot too many times, feeling weak. Silver was coursing through his veins, and his Death abilities was trying hard to fight it off.

Overcome with weakness, the wolf limped away. Defeat was quickly approaching as the trio of friends loaded themselves into their quads and drove quickly out of the campsite.

Trouble was coming, and the wolf knew that this trouble would lead to no good.

He needed to retreat, and he needed to retreat fast.

In his pathetic attempts to run fast, he only injured himself further. His skin was aching as several bullet shells were lodged in his skin. Silver made werewolves weak, and too much silver could kill one.

It would take a high dosage of silver to kill him, only because the death gene helps fight off toxins to the body. It's like a powerful army thrives in his bloodstream, but as he fights off the weakness, he has to sleep.

But right now, sleep is not the priority.

Escaping is.

He gains distance on the campsite, but as his senses dull from weakness and exhaustion, he doesn't realize he's about to run right into a trap.

The sound of several quad motors erupted in the air and got closer and closer. The wolf kept running, his large, black tongue flopping out the side of his mouth.  Exhaustion was holding him back but the sound of vehicles pushed him to run deeper into the woods.

He dashed around trees and kicked up dirt as he went. His enemies were fast on his trail, desperate to bring the animal down.

The goal of the wolf's hunters was to chase down the animal into exhaustion. Wolves naturally have an amazing ability of endurance and they're able to run for miles unending after their prey.

But with the injuries the wolf has sustained, his endurance was fading. His wounds of silver was slowing him down and he needed to sleep to regain his strength and heal properly.

As the animal slowed down, his pursuers closed in. 

Rifles filled with wolfsbane and silver bullets, tranquilizer, and various serums to put down the beast peek out of the blades of grass, circling in on their already weak, slowing down target. The ATVs and quads were drawing closer.

Shots rang after one another, disturbing the calm silence of the great forests. Birds fled from the trees and deer bounded away from the loud noises.

The first wolfsbane bullet hit him in the shoulder. Upon impact, he growled and nipped at his own back like a rabid animal. He thrashed around in an attempt to remove the burning feeling from his skin.

The second wolfsbane bullet struck him in the back thigh and his hind legs immediately collapsed from under him. He yelped and tried to get back up, but the wolfsbane was quickly paralyzing his lower extremities.

He tried to drag himself, desperate to escape.

But he was surrounded.

His front legs were shot out from underneath him, and he hit the ground with yelps of severe pain and anguish. He growled and nipped at the men who dared to approach him. The movements were slow, as they were trying not to startle the beast.

The men looked into the wolf's eyes and noticed there was no humanity left in the animal.

"He's a werewolf. We have to take him alive and try to identify this wolf and report to the council as soon as possible." One of the men spoke.

Murmurs of agreements erupted amongst the dozen or so men who had captured the beast.

"Take the shot." One man spoke to the other, who was holding a large, black tranquilizer gun in his hand.

The man aimed at the scruff of the wolf's neck and fired. The large tranquilizer dart meant for werewolves punctured the animal's skin. The wolf jumped from his spot and jerked violently. He yelped once more, his cries shrill and full of pain. 

When he settled down onto the ground again, he collapsed on his side. Day was quickly turning into night and he was panting for air. His enter body moved up and down with each rapid, quick breath.

The dust of the earth blew around his nose as he took in large gulps of air. His large, black eyes that matched his fur was slowly closing and opening.

Each time the wolf blinked, he found it harder and harder to keep his eyes open. It was a war he was quickly losing.

His eyes closed for the last time.

And his his consciousness faded away, so did the pain of his injuries. The pain got sucked in and lost in the dark, unknown realm known as sleep.

When the men were sure the wolf was asleep, they approached him. There was no time to examine the large creature right now, as he would wake up soon. They would have to take him to the cells where he would later be examined by several physicians, scientists, officers, and genealogists.

For the world had forgotten already of the wolf they turned rogue.

The problem of releases convicts into the wild was that occasions such as these, rapid, feral wolves would find their ways into the rural cities and cause havoc.

Perhaps the werewolf council will have to find a new method of punishing criminals.

But for now, they had a rogue to deal with.

One of the men retrieved a blanket and wrapped it around the wolf's eyes so that if he may wake up drowsy and restless, he won't panic. Carefully, four men lifted the animal into the back of the truck that had driven into the forest during the chase.

The wolf lay wrapped in a blanket in the back of the truck. Four men sat in the back with the wolf as they drove out of the forest.

Their prize had been captured.

The reign of the wolf was over.

The terror the wolf brought to the town has ended.

Now, only torment awaits for the new prisoner.

 The new prisoner who is a wolf, a beast, a lost soul, and a mate.

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 86.2K 41
Being thrown to the wolves is a death sentence. Adalia knows that all too well, since she witnessed her own father being slaughtered in that same unm...
10.3K 715 24
The fires dance across my body in a sinful display of lust and need. The flames lick upon my skin, searing unholy marks of desire onto my body for al...
8.3M 159K 48
(18+) "Are you a virgin?" He asks. His eyes seemed to light up with the need of a response. "Yes, I am." I responded shyly. "We're going to have a lo...
826 13 52
Vampires, Lycans, werewolves, demons, warlocks, angels. What I once believed to be fairy tales became my new reality once I met him. Take a walk wit...