What Lurks in Her Eyes

Por Author_Imminence

The tables have turned. Vampires are kept as slaves by the werewolves, and now the battle of morals arise. Do... Mais

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One: Donovan
Chapter Two: Frozen Tears in Russia
Chapter Three: I Will Find You
Chapter Four: Losing Control
Chapter Five: Fear is a Liar
Chapter Six: Finding Her
Chapter Seven: Skeleton
Chapter Eight: Bringing Her Home
Chapter Nine: My Wolf & Her
Chapter Ten: Her Doctor's Visit
Chapter Eleven: Bonding with Her
Chapter Twelve: They're Here
Chapter Thirteen: The Hunt
Chapter Fourteen: They're Under the Table!
Chapter Fifteen: Our Capture
Chapter Sixteen: Imprisoned
Chapter Seventeen: Condemned
Chapter Eighteen: Left to Die
Chapter Nineteen: Anya
Chapter Twenty One: The Wolf is a Prisoner
Chapter Twenty Two: The Cries
Chapter Twenty Three: The Lab
Chapter Twenty Four: Reunited at Last
Chapter Twenty Five: First "Date"
Chapter Twenty Six: Plans Unfolding
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Day Has Come
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Outcome
Chapter Twenty Nine: Reunited at Last
Chapter Thirty: All is Well
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty: Forceful Actions

883 75 26
Por Author_Imminence

Song: Rise Above Feat Trella

*

*

Anya's POV:

Time passed away just as the sun falls in the evening sky and is forgotten until the morning. I'd lost count how long it had been, but it must've been weeks, if not months, maybe.

Living in the dark will do that to you, I guess. 

When days are as bleak as mine, they tend to blend together into one, long timeless event that I can't differentiate between. Everything becomes blurred and hazy and my mind seems to almost shut down from doing the same routine every day.

The burn of betrayal ate at my heart and having to see Brinley every day was nauseating. For Weeks after I had attacked her, her neck was wrapped tightly in a brace and my fangs itched to be buried in her neck once more.

Oddly enough, my vampiric instincts have awakened for reasons I don't know. The craving for blood becomes so strong at times that I find myself thrashing around in the chains of the cold pack prison. Every time I am attacked by my blood lust, my strength comes to life and it takes many werewolves to hold me down.

They always chain my up tightly in a cell and inject me with a serum that sends liquid fire into my bloodstream. It burns horribly but it halts the effects of my instincts.

Feeding me blood would just solve the problem, but they wish to starve me.

They believe if they starve me, then I'll weaken to the helpless creature they want me to be.

And starvation usually works, but for whatever reason, it's not as effective this time. Sure, I'll be struck with intense hunger pains and stomach cramps. My legs feel weak but it does nothing to wipe my vampiric instincts away.

They believe by weaning a vampire from blood, that eventually, they'll no longer crave it.

But that couldn't be further from the truth.

My fangs have grown quite the length, and I fear that soon, they will attract attention to the Alpha. Once he sees my fangs they will be painfully ripped out, and as of now, they're visible. They poke through my upper lip and it's hard to hide them.

And I just know it's only a matter of time.

After I'm done serving the drinks to guests, who are the Alphas of the Great Mountains, I leave the room as quickly as I can. 

I can feel their eyes on me. Everyone knows who I am now. Everyone.

It's uncomfortable and unwanted attention has now been drawn to me.

In the kitchen, Brinley is making the guests baked goods. Her head is down and her eyes are blank as she stirs the cake batter. Her brown hair is strung up in a pony tail and her white apron is stained with unknown substances from cooking.

Immediately, my fists clench at my sides and I grind my molars down together. She's spooked when she sees me. "I-I can explain, please, it's not what it looks like-"

In a flash, she is thrown against the wall. She squeaks as she makes impact with the wall and she slides down onto the floor.

Pulsing.

Breathing.

Control.

I squeeze my eyes shut, breathing deeply, in an attempt to push my rage back. These angry, raging feelings - I'm not used to them. What's wrong with me?

"What's going on in here?" The thundering voice of the Alpha disrupts my thoughts and Brinley staggers onto her feet.

"N-nothing. It was my fault. I-I just provoked another slave." Brinley says with her head down. She's shaking and I see many jagged cuts across her wrists that crawl almost all the way up to her elbows.

I notice she's also painted in bruises.

She quickly pulls her sleeves down.

The Alpha takes aggressive steps towards her and slaps her right across the face. She stumbles backwards, falling to the ground before she is aggressively yanked up to her feet by her wrist.

What happened to strong willed, sassy Brinley? I thought to myself.

"You will wait in my room for your punishment." The Alpha says to her gruffly. She nods with tears drowning her eyes and she looks deathly afraid.

She turned her back on me.

Yet I feel....pity?

She betrayed me.

Yet I feel sorrow.....for her?

No female deserves to be punished in that way. 

Brinley scurries away.

"And you," He spits viciously at me, "You will continue your duties. Failure to do so will result in the same punishment your fellow slave is currently facing."

I nod numbly. "Yes, Master."

He smirks in satisfaction and saunters after Brinley, leaving me alone to finish the work Brinley was working on.

Her punishment is my fault, and now I feel horrible. I can only imagine what he's doing to Brinley, and I feel sick.

I continued my duties with a heavy heart. My stomach ached for blood and I could feel myself becoming more agitated. My patience was running slim and putting up with a bunch of dog-men was getting on my nerves.

It had been two weeks since my last outburst for blood, and the injection was wearing off. I could feel myself getting ready to snap.

I entered the room full of Alphas again to serve them their dessert. My master was holding an annual meeting so all the Alphas were meeting here to discuss new laws, pack issues, and other wolf issues.

Almost all of them were egotistical, lustful dogs and I despised them. I missed my Donovan and I wanted him to be here.

At this point in the bond, I feel nothing. I don't know if that means he's gone feral of if he's dead. The unknown is killing me.

I entered the room quietly with my head bowed. The Alphas looked at me as they continued to talk about their boring, bland lives. They eyed the food in my hands and I set the plates of various desserts down onto the long, wooden table.

I was tuning out their talk when some of their words caught my attention and I listened as I served.

"What are we going to do about that wolf?" One asked.

Another scoffed. "Wolf? What wolf, there are many wolves."

Another spoke up. "Don't play stupid, it's the one feral wolf that's crossed on our borders and has viciously attacked everything in its path. It even goes into the human community and causes trouble there."

"Oh, that wolf. I have obtained a permit from the werewolf council to do whatever it takes to track it down and kill it. It's either a rogue werewolf or a rabid creature, but whatever it is, it needs to die." Said one man as he took a sip from his wine glass.

Murmurs of agreement erupted among one another.

It's just a coincidence. I thought to myself, brushing any possibilities off.

* * *

My fangs nestled themselves into the warm neck of Martha, a maid of the pack house. My eyes turned to black and Martha struggled weakly beneath me. Her blood dripped out from the corners of my mouth and she whimpered in pain.

I was torn off of her in an instant and thrown against the nearby wall. Even the impact didn't stop me and I charged myself at my Master.

I lunged at him and attempted to rip his throat out.

But his goons were on me in an instant. The pack house goes on lock down every time a vampire falls victim to its deadly instincts.

Everyone was prepared.

It took three adult male werewolves to pin me down and it took even longer to subdue my limbs in heavy metal chains.

"Throw her in her cell, I'll take care of her from there." My Master said.

His Beta and Gamma hauled me roughly and threw me into the cell I had grown so familiar with. They locked my body into the chains in the wall and left me there.

I could feel my mouth foaming and I groaned loudly in pain when a hunger pain cramped my stomach. My eyes flickered from their normal color to black and I could feel my nails lengthen into sharp points.

My vision was going in and out of focus and I craved blood so badly I couldn't even recognize my own thoughts. All I wanted to do was kill, and it scared me.

I hate not being able to recognize my own self.

I don't know how long I was waiting there, hooked to the wall and fading in and out of consciousness when footsteps started approaching. They belonged to my master, who of course has come down here to administer my injection.

He approaches me and mocks my rapid animal like behavior before pulling up the hem of my shirt and wrapping his cold hands around my waist. I eye the large needle in his hand and he flicks it before plunging the head of the needle into the skin on my ribs quite roughly.

I wince and a groan slips from my lips when I feel the familiar burning sensation roaming freely in my veins.

I thrash around in my chains as I feel the drug take place. I can feel it forcing my eyes back into their normal color and I can feel the hunger pains shrink until they are barely noticeable. My killer instincts vanish and my nails retract.

A defenseless woman takes their place once more, and I slump forwards in my chains, my breath leaving my lungs and my eyes closing.

The drug always causes extreme weakness and exhaustion after administered, leaving me drowsy and disoriented.

The burning feeling in my veins fade and I just want to sleep the effects of the drug off.

My Master stalks over to me and cups my face so that I might look at him. My eyes fail to focus and he just ends up looking like a skin colored blob.

With his thumbs, he open my lips and caresses his fingertips against the sharp blades of my teeth.

And I know exactly what he is thinking.

"N-no." I beg weakly.

He chuckles. "Yes. Oh yes."

"Please don't." My voice is a mere whisper.

"You know the rules, slave. I'm afraid your teeth are going to have to be forced from your mouth."

I start to shake when he unlatches me from the wall and carries me to a bloody, rusty metal table in the dungeon. He throws me onto my back roughly, and I feebly try to escape him. But, my head spins and I'm weak, so weak from the drug.

He easily pins me down as he straps my hands, ankles, and forehead to the table.

"P-please don't! I'll do anything!" I beg uselessly. I'm shaking and am a complete emotional mess when he flicks on the bright white light that swings above me. It's blinding to my sensitive eyes.

"Your begging will get you nowhere, slave. Besides, they'll grow back. And when they do, I'll pull them out again." He says, smiling.

He forces my jaws open and slides something in my mouth to keep it open. He rummages through some draws for tools and my eyes widen when I see that he has a pair of pliers in his hands.

"This'll do, don't you think?" He asks menacingly.

He positions the tool on my first fang. This is going to hurt. I squeeze my eyes shut, anticipating for the agony of having a tooth pulled with nothing to numb the pain.

And when he yanks hard I scream. Tears fall from my eyes and I can feel and hear the roots of the fang ripping from my gums. A rush of warm blood falls from the raw hole my canine used to live in.

He quickly moves to my next tooth and does the same. Only, he yanked once hard and when it didn't come out, he yanked again, sending an agonizing spike of pain through my entire upper jaw.

"Damn thing is being stubborn." He says, chuckling.

Tears slide down my temples and soaks the table beneath me when he finally pulls the tooth out on the third tug. My mouth is on fire and I have no choice but to swallow my own bitter blood.

He shoves paper towels against the two throbbing, raw holes in my gums and hoists me off of the table.

I'm absolutely miserable and the pain in my mouth makes me want to die. The roots of a vampire fangs grow deep down into the jawbone and it's very painful.

I'm a sobbing mess in his arms and when he exits the dungeon with me, he takes me to the maids and carelessly tosses me onto one of the beds.

The maids look at me with despair. Blood is pouring from my mouth and my eyes are red and puffy from sobbing.

My Master watches their expressions and smirks. "Put her in rice, she'll be fine."

*

*

*

Yikes! So her master is an idiot!

Hope you liked this chapter! It's almost Christmas 😍😍 Anyone excited??

The closer to Christmas we get, the closer we get to my new story being published :D 

Hope you enjoyed! See you next time ;)

Vote.

Comment.

Yay.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

338K 11.4K 34
Ten years ago Anya Royce leapt from a bridge after relentless bullying. She died that day, with not even her werewolf healing able to save her, only...
371 19 24
After being kidnapped and turned into a halfling, half werewolf half vampire, Chastity thinks shes a monster. She thinks no one would want her. But h...
564 52 18
In a world where werewolf bonds are sacred, Axel, the heir to the Alpha title, harbors a secret love for his best friend, Spencer, believing her to b...
779 11 52
Vampires, Lycans, werewolves, demons, warlocks, angels. What I once believed to be fairy tales became my new reality once I met him. Take a walk wit...