Chasing Reality (Katsuki Baku...

By sienasummer

WARNING: this story is unfinished and will probably remain so You've always dreamed of having a life of your... More

Chapter One: Shadows of the Past
Chapter Two: Growing Up
Chapter Three: A Happy Wife
Chapter Four: An Unlikely Rescue
Chapter Five: Thank You?
Chapter Six: Back to School
Chapter Seven: Class 1-A
Chapter Eight: Homework Heroes
Chapter Nine: Cornered
Chapter Ten: Love Rivals
Chapter Eleven: Temptation
Chapter Twelve: Movie Night
Chapter Thirteen: Movie Night Part 2
Chapter Fifteen: Media Mess
Chapter Sixteen: An Arrogant Bastard
Chapter Seventeen: Let's Be Friends
Chapter Eighteen: Dazed
Chapter Nineteen: Lunchtime Affairs
Chapter Twenty: The USJ Incident
Chapter Twenty-One: The USJ Incident Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Two: The USJ Incident Part 3
Chapter Twenty-Three: The USJ Incident Part 4
Chapter Twenty-Four: The USJ Incident Part 5
Chapter Twenty-Five: Blame
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forgotten
Chapter Twenty-Seven: An Accidental Invitation
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sleepless Nights
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Morning Madness
Author on Bedrest
Chapter Thirty: Mystery Man
Chapter Thirty-One: Secrets
Chapter Thirty-Two: Secrets Part 2
Chapter Thirty-Three: Secrets Part 3
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Lovers Tree
Extra Chapter: Shoto's Birthday (2019)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Self Doubt
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Dating Advice
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Turmoil
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Uproar
Chapter Forty: A Quirk Marriage
Chapter Forty-One: Why Not Me?
Extra Chapter: Valentines Day 2019
Real Chapter Forty-One: Heart to Heart
Chapter Forty-Two: Heart to Heart Part 2
Chapter Forty-Three: A Token of Friendship
Chapter Forty-Four: Repose
Chapter Forty-Five: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter Forty-Six: Choices
Chapter Forty-Seven: A Declaration of War
Chapter Forty-Eight: A Declaration of War Part 2
Chapter Forty-Nine: A Glimmer of Hope
Extra Chapter: Katsuki's Birthday (2019)
Chapter Fifty: The Truth About Marriage
Chapter Fifty-One: Infidelity
Chapter Fifty-Two: Murderous Intent
Chapter Fifty-Three: Fire and Ice
Chapter Fifty-Four: Defiance
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Final Fight
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Not So Warm Welcome
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Saviours
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Stay With Me
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Sweet Respite
Chapter Sixty: A Room Full of Elephants
Chapter Sixty-One: Equal Ground
Chapter Sixty-Two: Understanding
Hiatus Notice
Hiatus Extended

Chapter Fourteen: The Calm Before the Storm

1.4K 69 38
By sienasummer

You'd managed to get a decent amount of sleep that night, which meant that you were actually awake and had showered by the time Shoto arrived.

"What would you like for breakfast this morning?" Shoto smiled as he handed you your morning cappuccino, leaving you to follow him into the kitchen.

"I can make these myself you know?" You set down the blue travel mug he'd handed you. "And I do know how to make my own breakfast, contrary to how it looked yesterday."

"I know," he let out a low chuckle, the sound sending shivers down your spine. "But I'm your boyfriend now. I'm supposed to take care of you."

He's your boyfriend... he's supposed to protect you... Katsuki's words rang through your head. You quickly shook away the memory. He's wrong! It's not Shoto's job to look after me. I'm in training to be a pro hero, god damn it! I can look after myself.

"Besides, I love spoiling you," Shoto whispered, so low that you almost didn't hear him. He started to rummage around in the fridge for ingredients, pausing suddenly. "You'll tell me if I'm being too... if I'm interfering too much, right? I don't want to scare you away..." he trailed off, his grey and turquoise eyes filling with unspoken sadness and fear as he looked towards you.

"Shoto..." you walked towards him, wrapping your arms around his waist and pulling him into a gentle hug. "You won't scare me off. I've known you since we were kids, we're best friends remember?" He slowly wrapped his arms around you, tightening the hug. You both stayed like that for a few minutes, the sound of Shoto's breathing and rapid heart beat filling your ears, his familiar pine scent surrounding you. You pulled back slightly looking up at him, a teasing smile appearing on your lips. "Coming here in the morning may be a bit much for the beginning of our relationship, but I'll let it slid for today. How about you just come to pick me up for school for now?"

Shoto nodded slowly. "I can do that... but on one condition." You raised your eyebrow questioningly as he shot you a small smile. "I still get to bring you your morning cappuccino."

"Deal," you laughed lightly, finally stepping away from his embrace.

~~~

Your walk to school that morning was filled with a pleasant silence. Shoto's hand felt warm and comforting as it intertwined with yours, the smell of vanilla filling your nose as you happily sipped your drink. This feels so nice... You snuck a peek at Shoto, a warm feeling spreading through your body when you saw his sweet smile, his thoughts elsewhere. You and Shoto had always found comfort in each other's presence, and today was no exception. Birds chirped from nearby, the sun shinning brightly through the trees that lined the street, casting small dancing shadows on the sidewalk. Is this what love feels like? You gasped softly at your own thoughts, drawing Shoto's attention as you tried to hide your blushing face by looking the other way.

"What are you thinking about?" His breath fanned your neck as he leaned down to whisper in your ear, his low voice sweet and full of humour.

"N-n-nothing!" You stammered, dropping his hand and taking a step back, waving your hands around in front of you. "Nothing at all!"

His eyes sparkled with mischief as he took in your flushed appearance and frantic gestures. "Were you-"

"President (l/n)! Todoroki!" A familiar voice called. Shoto frowned, clearly upset with the interruption as the two of you turned to see the green haired first year smiling and waving as he ran.

"Hey Midoriya," you smiled as he came to a stop in front of you, thankful for the distraction from your embarrassment. "What's up?"

"Oh, hi," he smiled nervously, fidgeting. "I just happened to see you guys and thought that maybe we could all walk to school together, since we're going to the same place."

"Sure," you nodded, glancing at Shoto who reluctantly followed suit. Ha! Can't talk about what you wanted to now. You smirked, glad to be off the hook and away from what would have been a very embarrassing conversation.

"Really?" He smiled brightly at the two of you. "That's great then, let's go!" Midoriya started off to school.

Shoto grabbed your hand quickly as you went to follow him, stopping you as he leaned down to whisper in your ear once more. "Don't think you're off the hook just because he showed up. We'll be finishing this conversation later." He started walking, pulling you along as you stared at your feet, face on fire.

What the hell?! I've never seen him act like this before... You gulped, remembering that Shoto wasn't a little kid anymore. In fact, he was a teen quickly growing into a young man. And that young man is going to be my husband...

~~~

You were finally able to push aside Shoto's flirtatious words as you chatted aimlessly with Midoriya on the way to school. Shoto remained silent, watching intently as you discussed Midoriya's hero journals with him.

As you approached the school grounds, a mob of reporters began to surround the three of you. What the hell? This must be about All Might... Pushing through the crowd and dodging their questions, you finally were able to make it past them to UA.

"Oh, would I be able to ask you about your quirk now?" Midoriya smiled as the three of you walked through the front gate.

"School's going to be starting soon, so we should probably be heading to class," Shoto interjected.

"Oh, yeah, I guess you're right," Midoriya deflated.

"It's okay," you smiled at him reassuringly. "We can always talk about it after school. I should be free, and you'll be able to find me in the Homework Heroes club room. But just in case," you pulled your cellphone out of your bag. "Let's swap numbers so that we can contact each other in case something else comes up."

"Oh, okay," Midoriya pulled out his phone, blushing slightly. "If it's not too much trouble, then sure."

"Of course it's no trouble," you laughed slightly, waving away his concerns. "I'm your senpai, remember? It's my duty to answer all of your questions and help you in any way that I can."

Katsuki was furious. Why the hell is that stupid nerd talking to her? That fucking Deku! He glared as he watched the scene unfolding before him, his hands forming fists as he watched you swap numbers with Midoriya. What the hell gives him the right to get her fucking number?!

"We should get going," Shoto squeezed your hand, pulling you towards the school as you turned slightly and waved a goodbye to Midoriya. He's not jealous is he?

"Shoto..." you started, making him turn to face you, raising an eyebrow in question. "You aren't... upset? With me talking to Midoriya and giving him my number I mean..."

Shoto smiled, chuckling. "Would you prefer that I was?"

"No, I just... I mean, wouldn't most guys be upset about that?" You bit your lip, unsure.

His expression turned serious. "(Y/n), I know you aren't that type of person. I trust you, okay?" He smiled sweetly, a feeling of guilt slowly sinking into your stomach. I'm such a terrible person... I have to make sure that I don't have anymore contact with Bakugo unless absolutely necessary. "You're allowed to make friends, even with guys. I'm not going to stop you."

You nodded, giving him a weak smile. "Okay."

~~~

"YOU GOD DAMN DEKU!!!" Katsuki threw him up against the wall, explosions erupting from his hands. "YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER YOU HEAR ME!!!"

"But Kacchan-"

"SHUT UP!!!" His crimson eyes flashed. It was bad enough that he'd have to get through that half and half bastard, he didn't need to worry about someone else. "THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!!" He threw Midoriya to the ground, storming off.

He hadn't been able to get that stupid girl out of his head since yesterday. It's her fault that I lost to Deku! I couldn't think straight because of her! He'd been mad enough when they'd been interrupted in the classroom, Deku winning and witnessing the power of that half and half bastard had just been salt in his wound. He'd seen the look in your eyes when he had you trapped against the door. You'd clearly been feeling the same thing he was, and there was no way he was going to let you get away next time. Stupid girl, I won't let you escape so easily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 175K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
484K 13.4K 16
You have a fire quirk, the exact same as Shoto's. How will he react when he first sees you? What will you say to him? How do your paths intertwine? T...
412K 16.6K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
78.4K 2.4K 29
ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ™ 𝘐'𝘮 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 A textfic in which Bakugou texts his childhood friend for the first time in years. But they're...