Best friends?

By flowbutterfly

Story of two best friends who struggle to explore their feelings for each other. Will they realise their love... More

Synopsis
Chapter1~He loves her more than cheesecake~
Chapter2~Boyfriend aka best friend~
Chapter3~But we hate each other~
Chapter4~Bye forever~
Chapter5~Don't go~
Chapter6~We must be sadists~
Chapter7~Hooker?~
Chapter8~My flight got hijacked~
Chapter9~You only drink with me~
Chapter10~Two hearts apart~
Chapter11~Thick skulls~
Chapter12~Rich spoilt girl~
Chapter13~Paradise~
Chapter14~Revelations~
Chapter15~Flashbacks~
Chapter16~Unknown feelings~
Chapter17~He's my meenakumari~
Chapter19~Halloween~
Chapter20~Secrets and heartbreaks~
Chapter21~A euphoria called love~
Chapter22~Insecurities~
Chapter23~Blissful Moments~
Chapter 24~Graduation day~
Chapter25~Disappointing bearings~
Chapter26~Inevitable despair~
Chapter27~Waffles and Taylor swift
Chapter28~Fight for him~
Chapter29~Ferris wheel and memories~
Chapter30~Turn of events~
Chapter31~Feelings? Deleted~
Chapter32~And so it begins~
Chapter33~Second chances~
Chapter34~Bombshell~
Chapter35~Okay?Okay~
Chapter36~Love and Like~
Chapter37~Wifey skills~
Chapter38~Getting Married~
Chapter39~Chaos~
Chapter40~Gender Reveal~
Chapter41~Are you sure?~
Chapter 42~Mr And Mrs?~
Chapter43~Pre-wedding~
Chapter44~The almost Married Couple~
Chapter45~Kodak Moments~
Epilogue

Chapter18~New friendships and realisations~

5.6K 536 18
By flowbutterfly

"That looks pretty cool man. That's a dream come true." Cabir said staring ahead of him and that very moment the main door got opened and gasps were heard.

"What the hell is going on? What is this cabir?" Navya yelled as soon as she entered the house with manik as they went for grocery shopping.

"We were making a fort." Nandini said sheepishly.

"I told you navya it's dangerous to leave two crazy people together. Look what they did." Manik said keeping the bags on the table and nandini and cabir were just listening to 'two grownups' quietly.

They basically built a fort out of cardboards putting aside all the furniture in the middle of the hall.
And they are not guilty at all.

"Why would you do that cabir?" Navya asked making an akimbo in front of them.

"We were so bored navu." Nandini whined and hugged her which made navya instantly smile at her cuteness.

"Oh! Look at her strategy she just went and hugged navya and she even melted instantly. If it for me she would have already kicked me out of the house." Cabir complained childishly.

"I know right. She even act innocent in front of my parents and they love her more than me. I mean she's so evil how's that even fair." Manik said taking cabir's side.

"If they didn't tell you that you are adopted then how's that even my fault." Nandini shrugged and manik gasped in shock.

"That's so mean why would you say that?" Manik whined and nandini chuckled.

"Aw it's okay I love you that should be enough for you manik." Cabir said hugging him and he made a face.

"Dude I'm straight." Manik chided pushing him.

"Yeah he's straight like a jalebi." Nandini commented and everyone burst out laughing except manik who just simply ignored her comment.

"By the way I have something for you." Nandini said to manik and made her way to kitchen.

"Kya zeher?" Manik asked sarcastically and nandini just chuckled.

"I wish." Cabir said rolling his eyes.

"Shut up manik atleast have a look." Navya scolded him and pulled him to the dining room which was adjacent to the kitchen.

Nandini came out with a plate nervously.

"What's this?" Navya asked as they saw her.

"Cheesecake" manik whispered with an adorable smile on his face.

"But you don't cook right?" Navya asked.

"Yeah because it's the first time she made something and that to manik's favourite." Cabir answered before nandini can reply.

Manik can't stop smiling just by the sight of the cheesecake and the efforts made by her just for him.

"Won't you taste it or should I eat the entire cake you dumbo?" Cabir asked impatiently and manik's eyes widened.

"No why, I will eat it she made it for me." Manik said and quickly took away the plate making nandini smile.

Manik took a spoonful in his mouth and savoured the taste.

"It's amazing nandini I loved it." Manik complimented her making her smile ear to ear.

"Sach bol khaane layak haina?" Cabir whispered in his ear making manik glare at him.

"I heard that you meanie. I know I'm bad at cooking but not that bad." nandini scrunched her nose and slapped his shoulder.

After they all devoured the first ever dish made by nandini , they all dispersed to their rooms after deciding to go to the club because they haven't hung out in a while.

Nandini was in her room shuffling through her closet deciding what to wear when two arms snaked on her waist.

"Thank you." Manik whispered in her ear and she shivered at his sudden act.

She was still doing her work not letting him know that how much he's affecting her.

"For what?" She asked casually but from inside her stomach was doing somersaults.

"You have never went inside a kitchen because you do disasters inside." Manik said softly in her ear and took a step back from withdrawing his arms from her.

It took her a second to register what he said and she gasped turning around.

"You are so freakin' mean manik. I'm seriously done." She said angrily and shut the closet with a thud.

But before she can walk past him he spinned her by holding her arm and pinned her to the wall.

"What are you doing?" She asked flustered without meeting his eyes.

He took her hair strand in his finger and twirled it looking straight in her eyes.

"Admiring how pretty you are." He whispered in her ear and bit her earlobe lightly.

She closed her eyes in anticipation and her breathing was shallow. She looked at him with great difficulty and his eyes were burning with desire.

"Stop being so cheesy manik." She whispered and nandini did her thing. Ruining the moment.

Manik backed off rolling his eyes by muttering "Not again."

"Did you say something?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Nope nada nothing." He said with a sarcastic smile.

"By the way genuinely thank you that really meant a lot to me." Manik said rubbing the back of his head and she smiled widely.

She walked upto him and encircled her arms around him.

"It's nothing manik and from when you started to thank me." She asked looking at him still in his arms.

"When you started doing things for me which you didn't for anyone." He said clutching her waist.

And at that moment it forced her to think about what he said. He was special to her but now he's a bit extra more special but that's unknown to her. Duh!

"Okay now let me get ready." She said coming out of his grasp.

"Yeah because obviously you need to start getting ready five hours prior or else we will be late." He said sarcastically leaving the room and she just rolled her eyes. Like everytime. Nothing really new.

|||

"I told you it's a bad idea." Cabir whined as they entered inside the packed club after waiting in a long line for like an hour.

"When did you say that?" Navya asked as they were moving with the sea of people.

"Mann mein bola tha tumne suna nahi so what's my fault?" Cabir shrugged and it was one of those days where navya just want to strangle him. And she won't even regret it. Straight facts.

"We are here to enjoy so we will enjoy no one's going to whine or fight or strangle anyone." Manik said seeing the situation.

Cabir and Navya just went to sit to have some cosy time together leaving these two with each other.

"Yes let's go." Nandini screamed in excitement and pulled manik to the bar. Because they just drink with each other. Some fraandship goals they are.

"Two gin and tonic please." Nandini battled her eyelashes to the cute bartender who just smiled at her.

"Here you go." The cute bartender said putting two glasses in front of them.

"You are such a snack." She said keeping her chin on her palm and he chuckled at her attempt of flirting.

"Stop making every other cute guy feel violated because of your chichore comments." Manik said taking his glass and pulled her from there.

"What is this manik I was having fun." She said scrunching her nose as she sat besides navya and manik with Cabir.

"Oh! Please he wasn't even looking at you properly." Manik said justifying himself.

"You are just jealous that I got a cute guy but you didn't get a hot gir----" Nandini stopped in midway as her eyes fell on a figure.

"Let's go." She yelled in his ears because of the music blasting and she pulled him with her towards the bar.

Cabir and navya just ignored them because they knew nandini would be on some crazy plan of her's.

They reached the bar area and before manik can question her he saw a figure sitting leaving him shocked but he covered it soon.

"Hey maira!" Nandini greeted her enthusiastically and maira choked on her drink seeing manik. Well who likes unexpected surprises. Correction shocks.

"Hi nandini right?" Maira said smiling a little because she was clearly caught off guard.

"Yeah by the way I'm sorry for behaving like that the other day." Nandini apologised genuinely.

"No worries it's alright." She dismissed and manik was just standing there quietly seeing them bonding really well.

"Are you alone here?" Nandini asked sitting besides her stool leaving manik standing awkwardly there.

"Yeah needed some 'me time'."

"But not anymore let's dance, actually you two go and dance I'll join you after a drink." Nandini suggested pointing towards manik and maira.

"No" they both yelled together and nandini looked at them suspiciously.

"I mean I've to go now urgent work." Maira said without sounding rude and manik sighed in relief.

"Okay that's fine by the way we are hosting a halloween party tomorrow it would be great if you'll come tomorrow." Nandini invited her.

"We are?" Manik asked confused.

"Yes we are! Can you please come tomorrow?" Nandini insisted showing her puppy eyes.

"Yeah okay I'll be there just message me the details. Manik has my number." Maira agreed as she couldn't say no to her.

"Okay great see you tomorrow." Nandini slapped her hands together in excitement and hugged her which shocked both maira and manik a little. With that Maira left quickly from there.

And that's how a new friendship bloomed between nandini and the mysterious girl maira.

Nandini turned around and saw manik glaring at her and she raised her brows.

"Why were you being so nice to her?" He asked.

"Because she's a nice person." She shrugged.

"Hell no she's not." Manik said scrunching his nose and made his way towards cabir and navya.

"As if you know her really well right?" Nandini said sarcastically trailing behind him.

"Atleast I'm more experienced than you." Manik said and the couple of the town were busy in their own world who didn't even notice their presence.

"Of course dad." Nandini said rolling her eyes at his arrogance.

"Will you guys stop fighting? We came here to enjoy." Cabir intervened like a dad stopping two kids from fighting.

"Fine." They both said in unison when two guys started approaching them.
One of them came and sat besides nandini who was sipping on her drink.

"Are you France? Because I think Eiffel for you." The guy said and nandini choked on her drink.

"I'm sorry for this lame pickup line but that was an ice-breaker. Will you dance with me?" He asked with hope and dreams in his eyes.

Everyone was just looking at nandini waiting for her answer. She smiled at him and was going to put her hand on his when someone stopped her by holding her arm.

"No she can't because she's going to dance with her boyfriend. Thank you very much for the offer." Manik said with a sarcastic smile leaving everyone stunned.

With that manik pulled her with him on the dance floor where sweaty bodies were swaying.

Manik held her waist and clutched it looking straight in her eyes.

"Manik what is this? That poor little thing. He was so sweet to me. You broke his heart." Nandini rambled on and he just wanted to smack his head.
He pulled her with a jerk and she gasped and her rambling came to a halt.

Manik neared her face and then he was in her hair sniffing her musk rose scent. He kissed her shoulder slowly as she was wearing a strapless dress which hitched her breath.

"It's because I can't share you with anyone else. Ever." Manik said looking straight into her eyes with a burning intensity and that very moment nandini knew something is up with him. Well thank the lords she got the hint.

                     ~~~

A/N: I'm sorry for the delay I didn't even have time to open wattpad. And that's the last day of the year so I wanted to update so bad. Next chapter will be up tomorrow.

Well yay nandini finally got some brains!

By the way what do you think maira is a positive character or negative?

And happy new year y'all hope you have a great new year. And thank you very much for putting up with me this year. I can't thank you enough for this. I love you all❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 95.5K 114
Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill in the problems and accept their importan...
47.3K 2.8K 64
What happens the person you love calls you for her weddings will you able your get back to your love or will it get an end... Published on:23/24June...
178K 5.8K 14
There is always a fine line for a thought process before making the ultimate decision. But what if it becomes too hazy and you end up crossing it? **...
44K 3K 55
When we say "Manan", we see stars,fireflies,friendship,anger, possessiveness,betrayal,misunderstandings BUT most of all LOVE. In this story we will d...