MY HEART'S DESIRE

By honey-drops

After an abusive relationship, Aria's heart is torn as she deems herself unloveable, and as we've all heard:... More

party hard, fall harder
stranger
empty
cinnamon
dress
intoxicating
something real
friends
oatmeal raisin cookies
strawberries
goodnight
look me in the eyes
kisses
takes two to tango
falling for a star
rock, paper, scissors {PART 1}
us {PART TWO}
random girl
popcorn
angel
alice
vanilla
keithypoo
frozen
all your fault
love❤️
good morning
"to be a man"
yours
the backyardigans
wasted
perfect
as cold as ice
i guess i'm your dork, then
i won't leave you

max

312 18 8
By honey-drops

A/N: If you don't mind, leaving feedback is sooo helpful, it helps guide me to see what you guys do and don't like to see in this story. Plus it makes my day! Ok, i'll let you read now, continue :)

***

Aria

We tried calling his phone again. No surprise when he didn't answer.

Lucky definitely seemed to be getting worried. Noah and him must be close, strange how I'd never heard of him.

Now that I thought about it, I didn't know anything about Noah.

Granted he knew little about me as well, but he knew things like my best friend, where I lived...Eric.

And I knew...nothing.

"Aria!" I heard Lacey call out from the distance before she ran through the door.

"Wow..." I heard Lucky say next to me, his eyes glued to Lacey... oh boy.

"Thanks for coming Lacey, but he's not here..."

"I know he's not - but I do know where he is!"

"You do!?" I said hopefully.

She nodded her head then looked around as if she was searching for something. Then she grunted and stormed out the room.

Lacey entered  a few moments later dragging a tall lanky boy through the doors by his collar. He had messy, ash grey hair, and wore a white tee shirt, a black beanie, and ripped jeans.

In his hand he held a glass that was emptied.

"You spilt my drink!" He complained.

"You're too young anyways." Lacey took the drink from his hand and placed it on the table. Lucky and I just watched, confused.

"C'mon, I turn 21 in a month."

"That's a month too young, Max."

He rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, but," I cut in. "Didn't you say you knew where Noah went?"

She poked Max on the shoulder.

"Tell them what you told me."

Max took a deep breath and slouched, looking like he really didn't want to be here, or talk.

"I know Noah, kind of. We do some business together-ish."

Business? Does he mean like, drugs?

As if he read my mind he turned to me.

"No, not like drugs."

Oh.

"I saw him at tonights street race, he usually uses my car to enter so I lent it to him. And that's when Lacey called m-"

"Whoa whoa whoa... did you say street race? As in illegal racing?" I eyes popped.

Lucky didn't seem surprised, just disappointed as he shook his head next to me. Did he know about this?

"Yup." Max sounded completely unbothered.

Lacey stepped forward.

"I called Max to see if I could borrow his car, he mentioned that a friend of his named Noah was using it... to race." She spat the last part disapprovingly, glaring at Max. Who had turned his eyes to the floor.

"We can leave soon, I'm just waiting for-"

Then the door opened and Keith entered wearing a navy blue hoodie and black jeans. He was dressed differently than usual. He was more...cool.

"Sorry I'm late I-"

The door shut behind him and he stopped in his steps once his eyes landed on Max.

"Shit-"

"-Fuck..."

The two cursed in unison.

"What's he doing here?" Keith turned to Lacey.

"Nice to see you too." Max smirked, stuffing his hands in his pockets - suddenly turning cocky.

Keith rolled his eyes.

I guess they knew each other.

But I didn't care about that right now. What I cared about was that I could have possibly sent Noah to an illegal street race, while he was pissed as hell. Not only would he be in a life threatening situation, but he'd be going in blinded by anger...

I don't think before I start pointing fingers...what is wrong with me?

"Let's go, okay? We need to get there before he does something he could regret," I said guiltily.

Lacey shoved Max out the back door, "I'm going! I'm going!" he hollered. The rest of us followed suit.

Once in the car, Lacey was in the drivers seat and Lucky darted for shotgun instantly. He gushed at her, not even caring if he was caught looking. I think someone was developing a crush.

I grabbed a window seat but when Keith learned he'd have to sit next to Max, he begged me to switch places with him. But when I didn't budge Keith ended up sitting in the middle with Max on his left and me on his right. Sorry not sorry.

But he was doing everything in his power to get as far away from Max as possible - and that included scooting over as close to my side as he could.

"Keith... your elbow...it's in my ribcage," I cringed.

"S-Sorry," he scooted over the tinniest bit towards Max, who I could hear chuckling at Keith's attempts.

"Take a left here," Max gave Lacey directions from the backseat while I dwelled in my thoughts about how badly I'd screwed things up.

"I don't get it, why can't I just drive?"

"Probably because your dumbass would take us anywhere else than where we need to go." Keith snapped.

Max's face turned angry.

"You're totally right, Keith. How 'bout a party? Hm?"

"Tch," Keith turned away from him, looking furious. His face was beet red.

"Guys, whatever's up with you two, can you quit it? The last thing I need is to miss a turn and get us lost, yeah?" Lacey gave orders like a mother a lot, if you hadn't already noticed.

"Whatever," Max mumbled.

"Woooo" Lucky whistled, responding to the tension in the air.

"How bout some tunes?" He turned on the radio, a slow seducing song played through the speakers.

Keith quickly tensed up next to me and Lacey rolled her eyes as Lucky winked in her direction.

"It's Lacey, right?" He made his voice smooth.

Well he certainly wasn't shy.

For the remaining 10 minutes of the car ride I was basically just convincing myself that we'd find Noah. I mean, come on, he practically has a whole damn search party coming after him... and that maybe, just maybe, he'd forgive me. Though I didn't deserve it.

We made it to a section of road that was completely surrounded by people on each side, waiting...but no cars were there yet. More importantly, neither was the driver I was searching for.

Suddenly, out in the distance I could hear the roaring of engines. My heart rate began to quicken.

Please let him be okay.

If he had crashed somewhere in the race I never would've been able to forgive myself...

Then the headlights broke the horizon created by the road, and in what seemed like a second, one, two, three, cars zoomed past us.

I wasn't given any time to look through the windshields to see who was driving.

Up ahead the cars came to a stop, some people cheered, others sighed, disappointed that the racer in their favor had lost.

I ran to the cars as fast as I could. By the time I got there, 2 of the guys had already stepped out of their cars - neither of them being Noah.

I walked over to the other car swiftly, the driver was still in the vehicle.

Just as I approached it the door swung open.

"Noah!?" I yelled hopefully.

Instead, some middle aged man stepped out of the car.

"Huh? I ain't no Noah."

My heart dropped.

He was supposed to be here. Max said he was racing tonight.

What if he was in a 4th car? What if he crashed?

What if he was at the bottom of some ravine in a banged up car, dead, and it was all my fault?

Just the image of it in my head made me feel sick.

I felt the tears welling in my eyes as my chest tightened.

He wouldn't have gone out to race tonight if I hadn't been such a jerk. I never should've-

"Aria?"

I whipped around immediately after hearing his voice to see him looking at me confused, and worried.

"Noah!!"

As if I didn't have control of my own feet I ran to him as quickly as possible and wrapped my arms around him.

"Woah, Aria your heart is racing, what-"

"I thought you were hurt. That you were..." my voice muffled in his chest.

I felt his arms around me and his chin rest on top of my head. I breathed in his scent, beginning to calm down.

"I'm fine, okay? I'm fine, don't worry..." I could feel the vibrations of his voice as he spoke soothingly.

As much as I didn't want to let go, I had to fix things.

I slowly pulled away from Noah's comfort, and looked up at him, tears blurred my eyes.

"Noah. I am so, so sorry. I was awful to you, I didn't even let you get a single word out. I accused you of something without a cause and I don't exactly know why. I don't expect you to forgive me. It was completely unfair and I feel horrible-"

In a flash Noah hooked his hand around my waist and pulled me into him as he crashed his lips onto mine, cupping my cheek.

My heart fluttered feeling his lips on mine once again. I missed them.

He pulled away slowly, leaving my lips with a tingling sensation.

"I forgive you..."

***

A/N: I was so excited while writing this and it wasn't even that big of a deal, I just wanted my babies to see each other again and make it right. Looks like we've met someone new, Max. I wonder what kind of beef Keith has with him ;) I'll see you dudes next chapter, love ya! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121 13 28
MEREDITH has always been in love with Benji... Who never seems to reciprocate her feelings. Then she meets Seth - sweet, caring, funny. She starts f...
132 36 11
After a gap year, Aria moves to Seattle with her best friend Lauren to start a new life, which she has chosen because of her passion for writing. Wh...
279K 7.5K 16
Noah - Quite and loving, gets bullied for being gay. He doesn't talk to people and deals whit depression at times because of the way he isolates hims...
95 2 5
A typical yet not-so-typical high-school romance! Disclaimer: I do not own any songs or fictional references made in the story. All rights reserved t...