rock, paper, scissors {PART 1}

A/N: Depression, anxiety, suicide etc. trigger warning. If you believe it would be harmful to yourself to keep reading, you're not obligated to continue.
-
Also, this chapter and the next one will be two separate parts of one, making this chapter part one :)

Keith

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling.

My brain was scattered all over the place yet focused and centered all at once. It made no sense but that's how I feel, that's how he made me feel.

I remember our first kiss at the party, even though I was a little drunk, I knew what I was doing. I know that I did.

But still, I had freaked out on him... I had even tried to blame him... that doesn't sound like me at all.

I guess in truth I was just scared, even though it's not an excuse, and in those moments on the stairs with him... I felt something.

What was I going to do?

My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

I was wearing my favorite Voltron space pants, they were fuzzy, warm, and had the Castle Of Lions on the butt.

I looked at my phone, I had a message from Aubree.

"Hey Keith! :) I just arrived at The Bean, but I don't see you? Are you almost here?"

"OH DAMN!"

I completely forgot that I had asked her out on a date!

I texted her a rushed message as I threw on a shirt and ran to get my shoes.

"Ywah Im almist therr"

"Wait, what?" She messaged back.

I paused to type out the text, kinda disappointed that she couldn't read through my typos.

"Yeah, I'm almost there**"

"Oh okay, lol, see ya soon then! ;)"

"Shit, shit, shit!" I ran out the door. I couldn't believe I forgot about the date I had with the girl I'd been chasing for years.

Then I turned around and rushed back into my apartment quickly after I realized... I was still wearing my Voltron butt pants...

I don't like to speed when driving. Ever. It's super dangerous and I'd rather go the speed limit. But this time I made an exception.

I made it to the coffee shop in under 5 minutes.

I entered through the doors and spotted Aubree sitting in a booth.

Her fall red hair was straightened and brushed against the tops of her shoulders. Her dark blue eyes turned to small slits as she smiled at me and waved for me to come over.

I sat down across from her, and just because I am the way I am, I immediately started rambling.

"Bree, I am so, so, sorry! I swear I didn't mean to keep you waiting, there really is no good excuse I-

"Keith, it's okay," she chuckled. My face was probably red, dammit.

I already ordered your coffee, an Americano, right?

"Uh yes, actually," I grinned.

"No problem," she wrapped her hands around her own mug and sipped her hot drink.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm so bad at these things, im sorry..." I buried my face in my hands.

"Don't be... it's cute."