MY HEART'S DESIRE

By honey-drops

After an abusive relationship, Aria's heart is torn as she deems herself unloveable, and as we've all heard:... More

party hard, fall harder
stranger
empty
dress
intoxicating
something real
friends
max
oatmeal raisin cookies
strawberries
goodnight
look me in the eyes
kisses
takes two to tango
falling for a star
rock, paper, scissors {PART 1}
us {PART TWO}
random girl
popcorn
angel
alice
vanilla
keithypoo
frozen
all your fault
love❤️
good morning
"to be a man"
yours
the backyardigans
wasted
perfect
as cold as ice
i guess i'm your dork, then
i won't leave you

cinnamon

451 31 17
By honey-drops

A/N: Hey dudes so it may take me awhile to upload the next chapter, idk if you've heard about hurricane Florence or not. But she is kickass storm and heading straight for me so my power is guaranteed to go out, and most likely for days. Weeks even :(

So please know in the meantime I will be vigorously writing down ideas and plots in the dark w my lil battery powered candle for u guys ;))

Aria

"My mom says I should switch to decaf, but decaf is so blech," Lacey slid down in the cafe chair while I stirred my straw in my coffee.

"Mhm..."

"Caffeine and I are in a very happy place in our relationship, I'll have you know. I won't let 'em go that easily!"

"Yuh huh..."

Lacey frowned. Then her hand was waving in my face.

"Earth to Ariaaa, where'd ya go?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm here." I blinked.

Well truth be told, I was here, but I wasn't here.

In my head I was standing on that sidewalk, the one where Noah had spun me around and his hand was on my waist. I was where his soft skin had touched mine unexpectedly, and where he whispered in my ear.

"Think about it..."

It's all I could think about... how could I not? Have you seen the guy?

I buried my face in my hands.

I needed to stop.

I groaned.

Why couldn't I get that boy out of my head?

***

Noah

"I can't get her out of my head."

"You're whipped, bro."

I threw the hand towel at Lucky as he laughed.

"I'm serious, I don't know what to do." I grabbed another towel and continued bussing the tables.

"Dude, have you looked in the mirror lately? I'd think struggling with the ladies would be the least of your problems."

"Contrary to belief, sex isn't everything, neither is sleeping around."

"...What about Jen?" He started to sweep the bar's floor.

I stopped in my tracks for a quick second.

"I broke it off with her weeks ago."

"Well there's your problem, buddy! Noah Jr. down there is missing out on some action, so he's fucking with your head! You're just horny." He bounced his eyebrows.

I deadpanned at him.

"If you refer to my dick as 'junior' again, I will seriously beat the shit out of you."

"Ok ok, I take it back."

I rolled my eyes.

"Really though, Noah, it's an easy fix. Find a babe that's down for a night or two and you'll be good to go. No more feelings."

"No thanks."

Now he was the one rolling his eyes.

"Or you could always call Jen. She was always down for you."

I shot him a look.

"Don't push it bro."

"Sorry, you never told me what went down between you two."

I sighed, slinging the towel over my shoulder.

"Things got complicated, okay? Can we drop it?"

"Consider it dropped... but this girl... does she have a friend?"

My face cracked in a smile.

"Shut up, dickhead."

He laughed.

And my thoughts were consumed with her yet again. Thinking back to when her lips were only centimeters from mine, when I was able to take in her scent.

I was right. Cinnamon.

***

I was sitting in my car, about to start it when I saw something shining on the seat. I picked it up, a diamond earring...

Right where she had been sitting.

***

Aria

"I am looking!"

"Look harder!" I yelled while throwing my pillows to the floor.

"Ma...maybe you lost it at the club?" Lacey was out of breath.

I thought about going to the club, but Noah works there. I wanted to be sure it wasn't here first before taking that risk.

"Aha! Found it!... sorry it was just a piece of lint." Lacey lowered her head in disappointment.

I sat at the end of my bed looking at the floor.

"Ally gave me those earrings... if I lost one I-"

"We'll find it, okay? Don't worry."

I smiled.

"Thanks, Lace..."

"It's my mission as your best friend to find that earring now. And you know how I get when I'm on a mission."

I shook my head, she could be so quirky sometimes.

"I'm heading off to the club to look, you comin'?"

I dusted off my knees and stood up.

"Uh, I'll just... keep looking here. Let me know if you find it."

She nodded, then left.

"I FOUND IT!!!" She yelled from the front door.

All of a sudden I could hear her running until she was standing in front of me, smiling huge.

"I found your earring! And it's attached to a really, really hot guy!" She whispered excitedly.

Hot guy?

What g-

-Oh no...

"Does he have golden brown hair? Really blue eyes? Super tall?"

Her mouth dropped.

"You know him!?"

I started to panic. All of a sudden I forgot about the earring. Noah was at my house.

"I was never here," I hinted at her as I opened the window and put on my shoes, intending to sneak out.

"Oh hell no." Suddenly Lacey had a hold of my arm and was dragging me out the room. I forgot she was so damn strong.

"Lacey, Lacey let go!" I whispered, dragging my heels as she continued walking.

"You're not passing up a guy that looks like that because of that dickhead Eric."

How did she know??

"I'm your bestie, you think I don't know you?"

Oh, so she can read minds now. Ok.

"I don't-"

And there he was.

Noah was leaning comfortably against the railing. He wore a simple navy blue hoodie and faded jeans. One of his golden waves fell on his forehead. He gave me a smile.

How did he look so good by not even trying?

I gulped.

"I'll let you two talk," Lacey patted my shoulder and walked past Noah, then she turned around and gave me a big thumbs up before running off.

"W-What are you doing here?"

He took his hand out from his hoodie pocket, revealing the lost earring I'd been desperately searching for.

"Oh my god!" I reached over and took the earring from his palm, trying to ignore the burning touch of our hands.

"Where'd you find it!?" I grinned down at the jewelry. I didn't let Ally down completely after all.

"It was on my car seat, figured you were missing it." His deep voice made my skin go hot.

I began to put the lost earring back on.

"Well, thank you. I don't know what I would've done if it was gone forever..."

I was expecting him to reply, but he didn't. Instead he just looked at me. His face completely unreadable. Soon he gathered himself and cleared his throat.

"They're cute, you should wear them out one day, with me."

He stood up straight, a subtle smirk on his face - god he looked good when he did that.

Wait, did he mean like a date!?

Nonono, I can't go on a date with him! He watched me sob, saw me passed out drunk - he still didn't tell me what I did that night. Maybe I came onto him and that's why he was so interested in me.

Hold on, is that what this was? A bootycall?

Did he just want to get in bed with me?

Ugh, of course he did. Look at him, that dashing smile, blazing blue eyes, rock solid muscles... I wonder what his back muscles look like.

Stop! Control yourself. He's just trying to seduce you, don't give in.

"Can't, I have plans."

"I didn't tell you what day."

"I'll have plans that day."

"How about Saturday?" He smiled softly. So warm... quit it.

I needed something that would get him to back off for sure.

"I... can't because I have a date on Saturday." Did those words really just come out of my mouth?

Aria, you buffoon.

Noah's face showed a bit of shock but that smile was still there.

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, what do you mean am I sure? Of course I'm sure."

"Ok..." he crossed his arms.

"That's fine, because I have one too."

What!?

"But you just asked me i-"

"I know what I asked, but you have a date on saturday, I have a date on saturday. Care to make it interesting?"

"Well no not re-"

"Meet at Olive or Twist, 5 O'clock... bring your date." He began to slowly back away grinning until he got in his car and drove off.

What had I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327 108 15
This world is a cruel place. Heaven, it is where we can be together. •••••••••••• A boy named Noah has a crush on his childhood friend but the proble...
13.6M 634K 56
After the accident, Noah Archer built a wall around himself. But Riley Dawson is curious about him, and she's determined to meet the man behind his d...
199K 8.2K 42
Heartridge High has never won a football game ever. The coach is clueless and the team is disorganized. Finn Lockwood is the team quarterback and eve...
1.4M 46K 57
After Noah destroyed Emelie's heart, she spiraled into a deep depression. When he reappears years later with a very different version, she must decid...