Dirt Road Diary (Daryl & Merl...

By reeduslove4eva

Josie Jacobs just graduated from NYU. She moves back to the small Georgia town where she grew up. She develop... More

Dirt Road Diary (Daryl & Merle Dixon Pre-Apocalyptic Story)
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Diry Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary
Dirt Road Diary

Dirt Road Diary

658 20 5
By reeduslove4eva

Epilogue

I want to thank all of my readers for all of your votes and comments! I am so sorry it has taken so long to update and I greatly appreciate your patience. I had a hard time writing this last chapter and I hope you enjoy it. There will be a sequel. The baby in the picture is actually my beautiful niece when she was a baby.

Dear Diary:

It's been almost 9 months since Daryl left and still no word. Our baby is due any day. We're having a girl! I pray everyday that he will come home in time for her birth. I've got the nursery ready. The walls are painted pink, the crib bedding is pink/brown polka dots.  The crib is a white Jenny Lind with matching changing table and dresser. There is a white rocking chair sitting in the corner beside the window that is covered with pink curtains.  All I need is my husband and our beautiful baby.

-Josie

Josie's POV

"Alright Josie... One more big push and your beautiful baby girl will be here", my doctor beams.

I take a deep breath and push with everything my tired body has left before falling back against the soft pillow as the most beautiful sound fills the room, my daughter's first cries.

A smile spreads across my red sweaty face while happy tears sting my tired eyes.

Skylar Grace Dixon came into the world September 10,2002 at 5:30a.m.

The nurse gently places my beautiful angel wrapped in a pink receiving blanket into my arms.

I can't stop the smile that spreads across my face as I look into a pair of big "Dixon" blue eyes.

"Guess it's just you and me kid", I whisper, the smile dropping from my tired face as a tear rolls down my red cheek.

2 YEARS LATER

❤Merle's POV

The door opening causes me to slowly peel my eyes open.

"mornin' baby", a sweet voice says softly.

The bed shifts beside me as a petite body sits down.

"Alli", I mumble, "Wha' are ya doin 'ere?"

My blue eyes connect with her green ones. Damn, I love those eyes.

"I came to tell you it's time for you to go home", she replies. Her voice soft yet firm.

"I ain't got nothin' else but ma brotha", I spat, "Ya left me."

"I'm sorry", she sighs, "It was my time. You and Daryl have Josie."

"She don' give a damn bout us", I reply loudly.

"My cousin's heart belongs to your brother and she loves you like a big brother", she smiles softly, "You're her family and she needs her Dixon men."

"Ain't nobody love a Dixon", I mumble.

"That's where you're wrong", Alli sighs, "Josie loves you. I love you." Before I can reply, Alli climbs to her feet and quickly disappears through the door.

My eyes blink open, the headache from my hangover hitting me immediately causing my eyes to squeeze shut and a groan to escape my lips while I rub my eyes with the heels of my palms.

I look over to find a boney bitch sprawled on her stomach. The thin cream colored sheet barely covering her ass, exposing her bare, pale back. Her long dark wavy hair is messy and spread across her shoulder blades and the pillow. I don' even know the bitches name.

I slowly pull myself out of bed before slowly making my way across the dirty motel room and into the bathroom. I press my palms down on the dirty stained sink, leaning my weight against it. Looking at my reflection in the large dirty cracked mirror in front of me. My short dirt hair is disheveled and sticking up in different directions, some pieces stuck to my forehead from sweat that has long ago dried, my red blood shot eyes and flushed cheeks just serve as a reminder of last night's events.

I return to my full height with a groan, picking up the large ziplock bag full of pill bottles from the counter. I pull out one random pill bottle before popping a couple small white pills in my mouth and chasing them down with what's left in a half full bottle of an open beer that's sitting on the sink counter. That's when I notice a small piece of paper laying on the counter next to the sink where the beer bottle was.

It's a note written in my brother's shitty handwriting. I open it up and read it.

Had to go do something.
Be back.

I crumple the paper in my large hand and toss it in the sink, sighing. I turn to the grimy tub behind me , turning on the shower. Since I'm still naked from the night before, I step inside.

❤Daryl's POV

I can't stop thinkin' bout Josie. She even has been in my dreams. I have to see 'er. That's why I'm now sitting in my truck outside the hospital where she works.

I watch as she stands outside the sliding doors for the main entrance. A man in green scrubs is standing in front of her, her back is to me. My hands shake as my entire body fills with anger, hurt, and jealousy. I fight the urge to go up to them and stomp his ass.

I continue to watch as they laugh and talk. Josie nods her head "yes" earning a big stupid grin from the ass in front of 'er. When Josie places a kiss on his cheek, I can't watch any longer. I quickly start my truck, it loudly roars to life, and quickly drive away, not looking back. Leavin' my wife 'n heart behind.

She's moved on and don't need me. Fuck it, all I need is ma brother.

❤Josie's POV

I was trying to go on my lunch break when Finn, a surgeon, stops me outside the doors and starts a conversation with me. He asks me out again for the 10th time. I'm not exaggerating. After turning him down with lame excuses every time, I decided to say yes in the hopes he'll back off.

It's not that he isn't attractive, because he definitely is drool worthy with his 6ft tall well built muscular tan frame, hazel eyes and short wavy dirty blonde hair. He's smart, sweet, and funny. He's the total package, I'm just not ready to have another man in my life. I'm still hoping Daryl will come home.

I know, wishful thinking but even after 2 years, Daryl Dixon still holds my heart.

He may not love me anymore but I will always love him.

4 YEARS LATER

I stand near the door of the noisy classroom watching my 5 year old little girl sits on the floor in the back corner helping a small brown haired boy build a tower with multicolored wooden blocks. Her dark brown hair is still in the pigtails from this morning, her pink dress that is now stained with paint and dirt is spread across her thighs as she sits on her knees laughing and talking animatedly.

I continue to watch, my arms crossed across my green scrub top, a smile plastered on my face.

"Mommy", Skylar's sweet voice exclaims when she finally notices me. She quickly scrambles to her feet and runs to me leaving the little boy and blocks behind.

"Hey baby girl", I grin, kneeling to her level and wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Mommy, guess what", she grins, pulling out of the hug.

"What baby", I smile at her excitement.

"I made a new friend today", she tells me excitedly, "His name is Carl and his dad is a policeman."

"That's wonderful baby girl", I grin. My heart melting at the excitement in her sparkling "Dixon" blue eyes.

"Can he come over 'n play with me, pppllleeeaaassseee", she begs, giving her puppy dog face. Her big blue eyes widen just a little and her bottom lip juts out as she looks at me through her long eyelashes making it hard to tell her no.

I sigh. "Maybe some other time", I smile, "I'll have to meet his parents first and set it up."

"Yay. Thank you mommy", she jumps up and down with excitement before running back over to her new friend, Carl.

After 10 more minutes of Skylar and Carl playing together, Carl's mom finally shows up. We introduce ourselves and plan a play date for Saturday at the park and exchange phone numbers before saying our goodbyes and going our separate ways.

2 YEARS LATER

After a lot of convincing from my best friend Lori, I finally decided to go on a date with her husband, Rick's best friend and partner on the police force, Shane Walsh.

After Lori and Carl left with Skylar so I can go on my date, I started to get ready. I took a quick shower, applied some pink and white eye shadow, black eyeliner, black mascara, and pink lip gloss. I fixed my hair in a loose ponytail, leaving some short pieces hanging loosely framing my face. I pulled on a pink halter top and white knee length skirt before sliding on my pink flats to match.

The door bell rings while I'm sliding on my last shoe.

I slip on my light denim jacket and grab my small brown purse.

I quickly make my way to the living room before opening the door.

"You look beautiful", a deep masculine voice says.

"Thank you", I smile, "You look good yourself."

My eyes take in the grinning man in front of me. He's wearing a white button down dress shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, exposing some of his tan muscular chest, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows exposing his tan forearms, khaki pants, and white tennis shoes. His dark curly hair is neatly styled with hair gel. The huge grin plastered on his face shows off his perfect white teeth, making his brown eyes sparkle.

"Thank you beautiful", Shane replies, pulling my attention back to his handsome face, " You ready to go?"

" Yeah", I smile, my cheeks slightly burning with blush from being caught checking him out.

I step outside, closing the door behind me.

After having a nice romantic dinner, Shane and I play miniature golf before he drives me home. The whole night was spent having light conversations and lots of laughs. I think Shane might be what I need to help me move on from Daryl.

We pull up to my house, Shane quickly gets out and opens my door for me like he had done all night. We walk side by side to my front door, Shane's hand resting on my lower back.

"I had a great time. Thank you", I smile.

"I did too", Shane grins, "Hopefully we can do it again sometime?"

"I would like that", I reply still smiling.

"Great. I'll call you tomorrow", Shane says before gently kissing my cheek and walking back to his car. I open my front door, step inside then close it behind me.

After getting ready for bed, I fall into a deep sleep with dreams of Shane Walsh.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

That's it! I'm going to start the sequel and hopefully have the first chapter posted with in the next couple days. I hope you liked Dirt Road Diary. Happy Thanksgiving! The sequel is called Apocalyptic Diary. I'll let you know when I post it.

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 22K 47
Alyx Johns has traveled to hell and back since the night her mother died. She suffered through the worst of emotional and physical abuse, yet kept he...
68 1 17
It was just another average day at college. As Raven Hawkins is sitting in the back of the class, a random student covered in blood enters and immedi...
6.3K 188 31
Y/N Hart, simple,hot headed, sassy Aussie girl, after live in Australia for most of her life her dad get a bit opportunity to move to Michigan, USA w...
4.3K 147 38
**IMPORTANT** I WROTE THIS BOOK 3 YEARS AGO SO IM SO SORRY IT SUCKS. IT HAS MISSPELLED WORDS AND HORRIBLE WRITING. I WAS A BIG FANGIRL WRITING THIS S...