Hopelessly in love

De implied_happiness

Naruto suffers from anxiety and is just trying to keep his simple life and future together. However Naruto's... Mais

The begining
Noise
Water
Breakfast
A Talk
Mito
Kushina
Sunday
School
Home
A Fork
Night
A Day Off
Wednesday
Therapist
Baseball Practice
Saturday
Dare
Sunday
Camp
Empty
A Frog
Morning
Hike
Sleeping All Day
Home

GAME DAY

6K 228 270
De implied_happiness

Today was the day, Naruto barley slept but he felt great, no actually he felt like the whole team was counting on him when really they should be counting on themselves. But he was still feeling great.

Gaara, Kiba, and Sasuke. Sasuke, Naruto wasn't sure what happened yesterday it was weird, crazy and really he didn't need to think about him right now.

Naruto got out of bed and took his phone off the charger, he had three texts from Sasuke.

The time was 6:20, no one gets up till 7:00 they don't have to be to school till 8:00 but classes didn't start till 8:15 so you could show up anytime before then.

Naruto looked at the time on the texts, they were all from last night and one from this morning at 6:00. Naruto smiled before typing 'Good Morning' and hitting send.

Naruto showered and got ready, he made sure he had all his baseball things than checked again, and then checked one more time. Everything was there, still he would check again before leaving.

Naruto walked down the stairs and outside on to the back porch, he walked down the stairs and into the fence through the door.

Naruto walked around, the grass was damp and Naruto had no shoes on, he looked at the tree Mito liked to sit under on hot days like today, he walked over to the tree and found Mito's favorite toy, it was a purple ball.

Chew marks were all over it Naruto bought her a new one but she would never play with it. Naruto picked up the ball and walked out of the fence, he walked over the bridge above the creek and walked over to the field.

Mito was buried over here Naruto thought it was right after all she liked walking around the field. A cross and a sign with Mito's name was in the ground where she was buried. Naruto walked over to it, Mito's red collar was sitting on the top if the cross. He bent down and put the purple down next to the cross. Naruto's heart ached, he wanted to pet his dog, he wanted to watch her play with this purple ball.

Naruto took a deep breath before walking away, tears were brimming his eyes he felt like walking away from Mito's grave was equivalent to saying good bye forever. It was hard and Naruto couldn't help but feel like the worst person in the world. He wiped his eyes and walked inside to get dressed for school.

After Naruto got dressed he checked his gym bag one last time before going down stairs, his mom was the only one down.

"Are you excited for your first game? I can't wait to go see you play baseball" Kushina had a coffee mug in her hand while she talked to Naruto.

Naruto gave a shaky smile before telling his mother he was nervous. "That's normal, I'm sure when you start playing you will just let loose and focus on the game" Kushina ruffled Narutos hair.
Naruto swatted his moms hand away and tried to fix the blond hair.

Naruto sat down at the table. Everyone came down at the same time, Minato poured himself some coffee while everyone else took there seats.
"Excited for the game Naruto?" Gaara questioned. Naruto lifted his head up with a determined smile,

"Yep" Naruto nodded his head and laughed a little. He was not excited at all.

"We're all going to your game" Ino commented not looking up from her phone.

"Even Deidara?" Gaara asked. Deidara grumbled words under his breath before nodding his head.

Naruto lifted his head up and smiled at Deidara, he was glad Deidara was going. Deidara gave a small smile back he stood up getting out of his seat.

Everyone followed behind Deidara and got in the car. Ino and Naruto sat in the back, Naruto pulled out his phone he had two texts from Sasuke, Naruto began texting him, laughing a little when ever Sasuke would joke around.

Ino looked at Naruto very carefully. "Who are you texting?" Ino asked.

trying to see Narutos phone. Naruto put his phone up closer to his face away from Ino, "None of your business" Naruto stuck his tongue out.

Ino huffed and crossed her arms, "I'll figure it out."

Deidara parked the car, Naruto quickly lifted his hand up and rubbed Ino's hair all over the place, messing up what ever she had going on.

Ino slapped Naruto's hand away, he quickly got out of the car laughing. Gaara curious bent down and peaked into the back seat, Ino was frantically trying to fix her hair. Gaara laughed at her, before walking away.

Naruto walked inside the school still on his phone texting, they were talking about their favorite TV shows and the game today.

Naruto put his phone away to open his locker and got his notebooks out, he texted Sasuke again before shutting his locker and going to class early just so he can sit down.

Naruto sat in class and waited for Shikamaru to get here, the two sat next to each other, it was a two person desk. Shikamaru finally came into class, and sat down next to Naruto.

"Nervous?" Shikamaru knew he was nervous but asked anyway.

Naruto nodded his head. They talked for a bit Naruto telling Shikamaru where to sit during the game so they can talk. Naruto would need Shikamaru he is the only person that calms Naruto down so well.

Shikamaru nodded his head and listened as Naruto talked to him, he told Shikamaru that he was the starter and that this was a big game so pretty much everyone would be there.

Shikamaru had to tell him to take deep breathes a few times. It was just the two in the class until the bell rang.

Naruto and Sasuke were both on their phones pretty much the whole time at lunch, Shikamaru thought he was just looking up anxiety tips, which he was but most of the time he was texting Sasuke.

Sasuke was nicer over text, less intimidating and seemed to understand Naruto's nervousness and anxiety.

The whole baseball team sat at the table and discussed game plays and Suna's team. There were a lot of good players on the team and they can only imagine how much better they got since they played them at the beginning of the year.

Naruto chuckled as he read the message, Sasuke was smirking and everything that was happening between the two was going unnoticed by everyone, mostly everyone.

Sasuke and Naruto weren't sure how they got on the topic of food, but they were talking about ramen. Naruto is obsessed with it, Sasuke was just talking shit about it. It's unhealthy, gross, too much salt.

Naruto was having none of it, he retorted with its delicious easy to prepare, good, cheap. Naruto wasn't giving, good reasons but he was giving reasons. Of course the two were just happy to talk.

Lunch was over, classes were over, right now it was just Naruto and the baseball team, they were warming up, Naruto throwing to the catcher.

The rest of the players were also warming up their arms by swinging the bat around or throwing the ball back and forth, the other team was doing the same thing on their side.

Everyone was just getting here, the whole school was practically already there. Parents got out their chairs and sat in a good spot for them, everyone had snacks of their own. Even the Suna side was filled with parents, teenagers, teachers, this was a important game neither team could afford to lose.

Naruto was looking at the other team, they seemed to be getting along just fine, their teamwork clearly has improved. Naruto was nervous but he was filling his head with baseball.

Naruto knew he would lose himself in the game, it's like he becomes a whole other person. The Suna team had their names on the back of their jerseys, like the jerseys Konaha has.

Naruto found his parents and Deidara sitting on chairs they brought. Naruto turned his head to the spot he told Shikamaru to sit in there he was with Hinata and Choji. Hinata has been haning out with her other friends this past week TenTen but Naruto knew she would be here.

The game was about to begin, coach Guy gathered the whole team together and gave them a pep talk, everyone looked at each other before putting there hands in the middle and breaking apart. This was Naruto's first game and as nervous as he was, he has never felt more excited.

It was the beginning of the last inning, Naruto was pitching this inning, Naruto started, Gaara pitched the whole middle innings and Naruto would end that was the plan, the new plan.

Naruto was sweating, Konaha was winning by two runs, the score was 10-8 it was a close game but even Suna couldn't keep up with Naruto. There was one guy on third and one on first, one out, the person on first was leading.

He was going to book it as soon as Naruto threw it at the batter. Naruto could see him from the corner of his eye, Naruto began to get in his position confusing the leading player with his foot work.

Naruto brought the glove and ball up to his face before quickly turning to Kiba who was on first base and threw the ball. Kiba wasn't expecting the throw but still caught it none the less.

The  leading player named Zetsu couldn't get back to the base in time, the referee called the out and that was two outs, one more and they bat. Naruto gave Kiba a thumbs up and smiled before catching the ball in his glove and getting back on the pitchers mount.

Naruto looked at his catcher Shino, Shino swiftly gave a hand sign to Naruto. Naruto nodded his head and began the throw.

Naruto brought the ball up the his face hiding it with the glove, he positioned his two fingers in a different spot and brought his leg up before throwing a curve ball. The speed was insane on the balls Naruto threw some of the quickest balls either coaches have seen a high school student throw.

The speeding ball curved down when it got to the bat causing the blue haired batter to swing the bat and miss, the ball landed right in Shinos glove. The referee flicked his fingers at the blue haired boy named Kisame and yelled, "Three strikes you're out" Kisame threw his bat down on the ground and walked his way back to the Suna dugout.

That was three outs, Lee was the first up to bat, after Kiba than Naruto. Lee locked eyes with the ball and swung his bat with ease and enough power, the ball went past the pitcher and to the right fielder.

Lee made it to second base. Kiba was next, Kiba wasn't paying attention to the ball. Instead he was paying attention to the player on first base mocking him. Kiba was getting angry, he wasn't controlling his emotions and letting things get to him, an easy way to lose the game. Kiba struck out, the first out.

Naruto hit the bottom of his cleats with the bat before getting in the batters square, almost immediately a fast ball came to Naruto. Naruto focused on the fast moving ball before hitting it in the center of the bat. The ball went flying all the way past the fielders and into the woods in the back, the referee called the home run and Naruto jogged the bases bringing Lee home, that was two more points.

The game went on for a little while longer, the Suna team was already facing the fact that they lost. Every time Naruto was up he either hit a home run or at least a triple, anyone who was already on a base always got home.

The game ended at 8:30 Konaha won 14-10. It was a good game, all the players lined up in a line and gave the other team a high-five and a good game.

When the game was over, some Suna players were grumbling about the referee not calling bad plays. Other players were talking to the Konaha team, mostly Naruto and Lee.

Haku walked over to Naruto and struck up a conversation, Naruto laughed and talked back, easily. He was proud of himself.

Naruto was getting better at talking to people. Naruto and Haku talked for a little bit, each time Naruto smiled Haku would blush. It was obvious to Narutos whole team or even anyone that looked at them. Haku had a crush.

Sasuke didn't like this Haku, no he didn't know him at all, and he also doesn't like him blushing around Naruto every time he speaks. Sasuke mumbled a few swear words under his breathe before walking over to the two.

"Naruto" Sasuke's mono toned voice got Narutos attention and almost immediately his face turned red, Sasuke smirked.

"Yeah?" Naruto tilted his head to the left like a puppy.

"Lets go, we have to talk with coach" Naruto nodded his head and turned back to Haku.

"You have to go. Okay what if I give you my number? We can talk later?" Haku asked, his palms sweating.

Naruto looked at Haku "I don't have my phone with me. Sorry" Naruto turned back to Sasuke and gave him a look that says, help me and sorry you just witnessed that. How embarrassing.

Sasuke nodded his head, the two weren't together officially but still they both knew it could become official literally any second. Sasuke rolled his eyes at Haku and grabbed Naruto's hand, he dragged him away.

Naruto turned around and waved as Sasuke dragged him away. "Phew thanks for that, that was awkward I've never had that happen to me before" Naruto took his hand back from Sasuke as they neared the team.

The team grabbed their bags and walked up to the school and into the locker room. Coach Guy gave them a huge congratulations and offered Naruto a full time spot on the team. Naruto accepted.

When all was done, they all piled into Naruto's parents cars and went to the house, tonight everyone was staying and Naruto didn't have a problem with that.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

78.2K 3.8K 40
Naruto Uzumaki - a hopeless soon to be twenty-three-year-old who finds his surroundings awfully dull and fading in colour. When his path crosses with...
213K 9.1K 35
❝ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ Qᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴛ ❞ ─── QUIRK ─── .·:·.個性.·:·. ...
2.4K 64 25
Story description: sasuke has no other choice but to live with naruto for a month. after a month sasuke has to go back to his house, but why does he...
1.3K 91 15
꧁Obito Uchiha x Kakashi Hatake , Modern AU꧂ ➪Obito Uchiha is just a regular person. Nothing special really. He has a younger sister and two older bro...