Tempted Fate |18+ (Ménage)✔

By SerenityR0se

[COMPLETED]✔ Book 4 of The Deliverance Series Cormac smirks and replies, "Clever man...writing our worlds wh... More

Tempted Fate
READ - NOW - SERIOUSLY - DON'T - SKIP
⊰1⊱
⊰2⊱
⊰3⊱
⊰4⊱
⊰5⊱
⊰7⊱
⊰8⊱
⊰9⊱
⊰10⊱
⊰11⊱
⊰12⊱
Character Pictures Part 1
Character Pictures Part 2
⊰13⊱
Bonus Short - Halloween
⊰14⊱
⊰15⊱
⊰16⊱
Happy New Year! 2018 - 2019
⊰17⊱
⊰18⊱
⊰19⊱
⊰20⊱
⊰21⊱
⊰22⊱
⊰23⊱
Contest - Prizes Include a Signed Copy of One of My Published Book
Patreon - Character Letter - March
⊰24⊱
⊰25⊱
⊰26⊱
⊰27⊱
⊰Aeon Bonus⊱
Psych - April Fool's Day 2019
⊰28⊱
⊰29⊱
⊰30⊱
⊰31⊱
Easter Special - 2019
⊰32⊱
⊰33⊱
⊰34⊱
⊰35⊱
⊰36⊱
⊰37⊱
⊰38⊱
⊰39⊱
⊰40⊱
⊰41⊱
⊰42⊱
⊰43⊱
⊰44⊱
⊰45⊱
⊰46⊱
⊰47⊱
⊰48⊱
⊰49⊱
⊰50⊱
⊰51⊱
⊰52⊱
⊰53⊱
⊰54⊱
⊰55⊱
⊰Epilogue⊱
Book 5: Fate's Design ✔

⊰6⊱

12.4K 905 385
By SerenityR0se

💫

We left a while ago, heading to Aohdan's estate for the winter solstice. Grandpa's car is well ahead of the one I'm riding in with the rest of the slaves accompanying their master. I quietly sit in between another slave and one of Grandpa's coven members.

The thought slips through my mind frequently now, that I'm really in a different era than the one I'd grown up in...and that only one of my parents exists at the present. There is no time for me to currently return to that is mine...death waiting with welcoming open arms. Everything happening around me is very real, it's not like I'm walking through a wax museum, time safe and frozen in place for observation purposes alone.

I wish...

The air catches in my lungs, forcing myself to close off my thoughts from what I was about so absentmindedly to do.

My reaction doesn't go unnoticed, and the vampire beside me asks with amusement, "Are you worried about selection?"

"No, Sir," I shortly reply.

"I'd be if I were in your position," he muses to himself, catching other slaves looking sideways from their downturned stares on their laps. I hadn't even realized how high I hold my head among my peers in this position, so I release a small sigh and lower my chin, averting attention off me. It only works for a moment, because the vampire follows up with, "After shortly acquiring you, it appears your fate is sealed that he'd specifically choose you to join the ranks of the slaves attending the winter solstice...the sole intent; selection," he pauses to ask, "does that not worry you, slave?"

Releasing a small breath of air, I reply, "If your deduction is correct..." my voice trails off as I fall into the part I'm meant to play, "...then I'm terrified, Sir, but it doesn't matter how I feel because I'm just a tool to be used. If Master wishes to bestow that fate on me, I'm at his disposal."

The vampire next to me is about to say something, but the car comes to a stop. The engine dies and I glance out the window to see that we're at a large estate. It's nothing like the estate or grounds that Aohdan and Rochelle reside on in my era...but its description matches the book. While we're ushered out of the cars, I see Grandpa standing near his, his gaze tracing over the estate.

"You sure have a compliant slave, Cormac," the vampire who'd been talking to me walks up next to him.

Grandpa turns to his side and asks, "Is that so?"

The vampire nods at me and confirms, "If you're thinking of selecting her, it's a pity and a shame to waste such an obedient slave."

There's a spark I know all too well that ignites for a second in Grandpa's eyes and he chuckles, "I'll keep that in mind."

It's almost enough to cause Grandpa to laugh when I scrunch my nose...the way that reminds him so much of mom. He fights it down and nods at Aohdan's estate, heading toward the door. He raises his hand and knocks on the door and my heart nearly jumps out of its chest when I see it's a younger Rochelle who greets him.

"Well, hello there slave," Grandpa nods his head at her and she quickly moves back inside the door. He then asks her, "Where's Aohdan?"

I can see Rochelle quickly shake her head, but she tells him, "Sir, my Master is making sure everything is ready for the council's arrival."

"Thank you, slave," Grandpa returns a kind smile to her. His coven members head down a hall and through a side door, while the slaves around me walk down a familiar hall of their own. It's a grave look that befalls Grandpa's features that I linger for a moment.

It's unsettling because the way he spoke was the same lines he's said before...yet with his mind having the knowledge of our era, why would he speak word for word—

His voice is quiet as he murmurs close to me, "Subconscious memories are overtaking what I want to say versus what I must in order to keep the deviation of the timeline to a minimum and when it's direly needed."

Nodding my head, I snicker quietly as I whisper, "Are you going to go antagonize Rose now?"

Grandpa's muscles tense and he gives me a look that tells me it's time for me to leave. I keep a quiet giggle to myself, walking toward the hall the other slaves had gone down while Grandpa ascends the staircase to the upper level.

It will be the in moments to come that he meets Rose again...and after the way fate had been changed by mom regarding Grandma Laura's death, Grandpa only ever saw Rose. He recognized her as his, but she evaded him while searching for Grandma Laura, their separation, unfortunately, the same, yet not permanent.

As I make my way toward the open door, catching glimpses of the slaves settling in, I can't help but wonder...

....did Grandma Laura ever find Grandpa Keir?

My eyes widen, hearing one of the girls call, "Tawnie!"

I see her skirt out from beside a small closet and ask, "Where have you been sneaking off to?"

"Nowhere..." her voice trails off and my heart drops into the pit of my stomach. She's the one that Aohdan kills...

The girl grins, lying on her stomach atop a bed while saying, "Come on! Is it one of the boys? You know you don't have to sneak around, there's no code against having sex with male slaves."

They go back and forth, observing the rest of them while keeping quiet to myself.

It's a little while that I'm sitting on one of the many small cots in Aohdan's slaves' quarters, recalling and reviewing everything I need to know...and attempting to figure out the missing pieces as to why I specifically would be in this era.

What am I to fix?

To tempt fate?

Is that even possible...

...or by even coming back here to change certain events, is this not part of fate's design itself?

A couple of the girls scream when a vampire bangs his fist against the open door. He stands in the doorframe and orders, "All slaves are to report to the ballroom for a lineup."

It's here...this moment where a human was killed for the mistake of a vampire and his facade. Though I understand the hidden reasoning behind why Aohdan took Laisha as a beloved, a deal and bargain struck between the two for the sake of keeping his beloved safe.

In this era, there is no equality...

...even if a soulmate is born dormant or a half-breed.

Aohdan's slaves are the last to leave the room, while I blend in with the small group that has been brought by Grandpa at the front. I didn't realize his slaves were among those brought. I guess it was really never focused on since Aohdan already knew it was Tawnie and played his part, skipping over Grandpa's slaves first until he homed in on the target he was looking for all along.

When we file in through the ballroom doors, Grandpa and Aohdan are standing on the back raised platform. I'm lined up at the far wall with the others, watching as vampires stand guard. The silence gathers as does everyone within the room, breathing calmly while observing those around me at a glance. Like the other girls, I keep my gaze slanted downward, but my heart skips a beat the second I see three girls file in last...

...Rose.

I recognize the hair immediately as the trait of my family.

When Aohdan speaks, it's with anger and the silence ceases to exist, "One of you has broken a code."

There is a shift in the demeanor of the room, slowly lifting my gaze ever so slightly. I notice the way Grandpa's gaze briefly lands on Rose before he averts it and looks out across the rest of the slaves. His eyes even hold mine for a brief moment, but then resume to searching the crowd.

"Step forward," Aohdan's voice commands attention, but I'm slightly taken aback with the way the girls around me huddle closer together, some flinching away at the inflection of his tone. Quiet sobs escape some of the girls around us, and I see a little bit down the line from me and the rest of Grandpa's slaves...Tawnie noticeably shaking with terror.

She knows...she knows she's pregnant?

"Since only the one who has broken the code knows they have...line up!" Aohdan's temper is flaring, believing that Tawnie would just give herself up without holding onto hope. With his heightened tone, a lot of the slaves jump, though it hardly phases me...though I fall into line across from Aohdan's personal slaves. The vampires of Aohdan's coven walk past us all, ensuring that we are ready for his approach. I can't help looking out across the way and observing Rose.

It's surreal.

"Lift your shirts to just below your breasts," Aohdan commands and I can't help the thought slip through my mind, that if Grandpa had originally kept the same slave attire, it wouldn't have mattered. Eh, someone of Aohdan's slaves doesn't need to anyways, because their outfits are worse than Grandpa's.

The silence is only broken by the light rustling of fabric, all slaves following his orders. Aohdan asks Grandpa, "Cormac, can you take the left half and I'll examine the right?"

It makes perfect sense since he'll be quick and can move through the rest of Grandpa's slaves and then his own to get to Tawnie. All Grandpa has to do is nod lightly before heading toward Aohdan's personal slave line, watching the way they uncomfortably wait for him to allow them to lower their shirts.

On the other hand, Aohdan quickly sets the palm of his hand on the three slaves' abdomens before me rather rushed. He has a fire in his eyes and if the secret of him impregnating a slave got out now, then it would be assumed he'd broken his bond with his 'beloved' Laisha. Poor Rochelle, but she's such an amazing woman now...so amaz-

I'd hardly noticed until his hand touches my abdomen, that Aohdan halts his quickened pace all of a sudden. Aohdan pauses for a good minute, confusion racing through my body as his fingertips press slightly harder against my flesh. Breathing out quietly, I focus on not letting my magic bleed out...because even with the seal I've created if my life is in danger, it will break.

The grip I have on the fabric of my shirt falters for a moment, his eyes meeting mine as he calls, "Cormac."

Hm?

My brows furrow with confusion, Grandpa's presence coming closer before he halts next to Aohdan. He glances between Aohdan and me, Aohdan asking him, "Is she a breeding slave?"

Grandpa tilts his head to the side and replies, "No. What makes you presume that?"

Aohdan's voice lowers as he informs Grandpa, "You might want to check for yourself later. I could be wrong." Grandpa and I are perplexed by his words, though I'm given the signal to lower my shirt, watching as Aohdan continues his quick sweep to Tawnie.

Grandpa lingers in front of me, his eyes holding mine while I continue to stare back in utter confusion. Shrugging my shoulders, I shake my head subtly without drawing added attention.

What breaks the tension, is that of Tawnie crying out, "No, no please!"

Grandpa and I both draw our attention to see Aohdan holding Tawnie by the back of her neck, her sobs rising in volume as the seconds pass. When Aohdan tightens his grip, Grandpa leaves the spot from in front of me, nearing him while asking, "She's the one?"

"Mmhmmm," Aohdan replies, Tawnie bursting into uncontrollable tears. He's quick to remove her from the lineup, her fight or flight response immediately kicking in. She's screaming, lashing out at Aohdan in her attempt to flee...

...to where though?

My gaze falls away from what is about to happen, glancing across the way...

...though my heart leaps into my throat when Rose's cobalt eyes lock onto me. She narrows her eyes, looking me up and down, more than likely wondering what had happened that Aohdan had to call Cormac over for. I swallow back my confusion, as it equals just about the same as everyone else, though I can hear Aohdan talking in the background.

"Slave," he's speaking to Tawnie, shooting my gaze back to see Grandpa walking around behind her. He's the one to restrain her wrists and a wave of pity washes over my features, a vulnerability that Grandpa catches as he glances past Aohdan.

Aohdan releases the grip he has on her neck, facing her completely before naming her, "Tawnie," though there's a brief pause between the two, seeing the way his stance alters, "you have broken the ninth code. There are no cross-species permitted."

Yeah...

...can't wait for you to see the future.

Daddy-Rian has one of everything and you couldn't be prouder...

This era makes me miss and craves for my home...my family...

"I-I-I...I-It's n-n-no-not m-my fa-fau-" Tawnie's voice is hard to break through the tears, the sobbing raking through her body.

"Your offense is punishable by death alone," Aohdan cuts her off. We all know this punishment is beyond severe and that Aohdan doesn't want to leave a witness around to spill his secrets. Tawnie wouldn't do that...she fears more than she'd ever dare speak a word against the one who owns her.

Blood-curdling screams rip from Tawnie's lips as Aohdan sinks his fangs into her neck, those standing in both lines staring in shock and horror. He won't even let her bleed out, draining her dry before her cries fade away into the silence the rest of the room has cultivated. It's on the last beat of her heart, feeling her life fading away, that Aohdan quickly rips his fangs from her neck, tearing out a chunk of her flesh.

Grandpa nods and two of his coven members step forward, handing the lifeless body of Tawnie over to them before they leave the room. The doors close silently, though Aohdan's demeanor shifts again as he orders, "As you were."

Everyone is dismissed, the ballroom similar to a pen of chickens with their heads cut off as the slaves return to the duties they were performing. Aohdan leans into Grandpa, whispering something into his ear, though Grandpa glances away and replies loud enough for me to catch him say, "I see."

My gaze follows back to Rose, though Aohdan tells Grandpa, "Your slave."

"I'll deal with that in a moment," my brows furrow once again as Grandpa looks to me once, his eyes telling me to stay while he makes his way toward Rose.

Aohdan's eyes find me once again, looking me up and down before releasing a disgusted sigh. He turns on his heels and leaves the ballroom, my heart skipping a beat as I can't quite place the thoughts racing through his head.

Grandpa is behind Rose in a second, a yelp leaving her lips as he gathers her attention. He tells her, "You're to report to me tomorrow night when you wake. If you're a good little rose and don't prick me with those thorns of yours, maybe I'll be gentle, but firm when you fall out of line."

The two of them stare hard at one another, the chemistry blatant, though others are blind to the facts I'm already aware of.

"Are we in agreement?" Grandpa breaks his silence, while Rose holds onto hers.

It doesn't last long, her sarcasm slipping through, "Of course...Sir."

It must run in the family, though mom's sarcasm is much more subtle...but, she can be savage as fuck.

While Rose is dismissed, Grandpa turns on his heels and crosses the space toward me. When he halts in front of me, his eyes search mine before he asks, "Is there something you want to tell me, slave?"

"Uh...is there something you want to know, Master?" Arching a brow, I believe he's playing around because I have absolutely no clue what's gotten under his skin...because I release a sharp breath of air the second his hand wraps around my upper arm. Grandpa half drags me across the ballroom and out the doors, weaving with me through other vampires and slaves until he's climbed the top landing of the stairs.

He murmurs under his breath, "I've already changed fate."

"Hm?" I ask him, wondering if this was all a front for what he's really figuring out.

Grandpa stops short of a door before he turns the handle and drags me inside. It's only after he shuts and locks it behind him, that he chuckles, "I've been blocking Kev so that I don't accidentally mention anything about Tresor to him."

"Speaking of which," I set my hands on my hips and tilt my head to the side, "how come you can speak about him freely to me?"

Grandpa sets his hands in his pockets before stating, "I believe it's because you already know about him through the stories we've told you and Edith through the years," he glances around, nothing changing in the slightest, "Tresor is common knowledge to you, so it's not a secret to be revealed."

"I guess that makes sense," I breathe a sigh of relief and walk to the side of Grandpa, heading toward the door.

"Just where do you think you're going, young lady?" Grandpa puts himself between the door and me, blinking my eyes a few times at him.

Furrowing my brows, I ask, "What are you talking about?"

"Aohdan," Grandpa says his name and I shake my head. As he takes a few steps toward me, he removes his hands from his pockets and orders, "Lift up your shirt, Dot."

"Wait...what?" I'm shaking my head in confusion, "Why?"

"Dot," Grandpa's authoritative tone comes out and I realize that I'm backed into a corner...the wall behind me.

Shaking my head, I reply, "Grandpa, I don-"

"Now," his word cuts through.

Releasing a frustrated sigh, I retort with anger, "Fine!" I grab the hem of my shirt and lift it up, Grandpa setting the palm of his hand flat against my abdomen.

It takes a few moments, but his features suddenly shift. His hand slips away as Grandpa's eyes meet with mine, his question causing my heart to skip a beat, "You're pregnant?"

"I'm not!" I snap right back.

"It's kind of hard to disbelieve a second heartbeat, Dot," Grandpa takes a few steps back, rubbing his chin as he mutters, "the pocket universe...it was meant to sustain the way you and Edith were the second you were transported. You wouldn't age, just repeating day in and day out with slight changes here and there, memories fabricated...but..." his hand falls away from his chin, his eyes holding mine, "...the pocket universe wouldn't alter anything about you prior to its arrival."

I hold my silence, swallowing hard.

Grandpa narrows his eyes and asks, "How often were you sick in the pocket world?"

"What?" I ask.

"You were sick in the bathroom stall," Grandpa reminds me, "how often did that happen?"

"I don't remember," I rub my temples and try to recall, though my real memories push away the ones that had been fabricated, "perhaps once every few days? I don't know!"

Grandpa shakes his head while confirming, "You're pregnant, Dot. Though, I don't see h-" he halts himself midsentence and I avert my gaze.

"Uh...I..." I find interest in the marble flooring.

"Dot," his tone is sharp because it obviously isn't Merle...I'd just met him the same day our world had been attacked by Aeon.

My voice is low as I admit what I'd done, "...two weeks before my birthday...I uh...might have slept with someone from...your coven."

"Who?" Grandpa's tone shifts.

My words are quieter as I mutter, "Keith Zehner."

"What?!" Grandpa snaps and I flinch slightly, "He's three times your age! What were you thinking?!"

"Hey!" My muscles tense and I slowly lift my gaze to see his irises are bloody red, "We used protection! It's not my fault the fucking condom broke!"

Grandpa rubs his forehead and retorts, "Though it is your fault for not coming to us and explaining what happened! Do you even want to be a mother? Do you want this child?"

"I didn't know I was pregnant!" I'm matching his anger for anger, the two of us glaring at each other.

Grandpa shakes his head and tries to calm down, releasing a breath before bringing me back down, "Regardless of the choice you are going to make, I have no idea what the repercussions will be for if you have a child of the future born and raised in the past."

Tears form in my eyes as I realize I've fucked up something already...

I slide down against the wall, bringing my knees up to rest my chin on them. Small cries leave my lips as Grandpa's demeanor completely shifts, kneeling before me as he whispers, "Whatever happens, I'll help you."

I don't want a child...

...but I will not see an innocent killed because of the choice I made.

Grandpa tilts his head to the side, brushing the tears away from my cheeks, "Hey, I'm not mad at you, I just wish you would have said something before all this, that there was a possibility...you know your mom and dads are always supporting you. What made you keep it a secret?"

Shrugging my shoulders as I hiccup a sob, I reply, "I didn't think I'd be able to..."

"Ah," Grandpa nods and release a sigh, "what you'd been told about your magic being darker and how it's easier to kill off life...you believed it wouldn't allow you to have a life of your own?"

Nodding my head, I glance away from him, feeling utterly childish and stupid now. I honestly believed it, because of the way my magic weaves itself.

Grandpa shifts to sitting beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as he tells me, "Things happen for a reason," he tilts his head back against the wall and chuckles, "who knows, if we play our cards right and Kev is not put in the middle of what is to come..." he glances to me and smiles, "...perhaps he'll adopt and father the child for you."

"Yeah..." my voice trails off, because even though that's a wonderful thought, for him to have something to love and cherish...a child of his own...it leaves me with the one question that bubbles up...

...what happens to me when fate is righted?

    ⊰♥⊱To Be Continued⊰♥⊱ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 87K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
2.9K 69 31
"May I?" His voice is hoarse, and I watch as he swallows hard, his Adam's apple bobbing. I hesitate for just a moment before banishing the jumble of...
2.3M 75.5K 86
BOOK #1 in The Fire series TRIGGER WARNING IN SOME CHAPTERS He leans closer, keeping me pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of...
265K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...