occulta proditione - tomarry

By goldenhjp

Harry was betrayed by the very people he used to call family. The minute he was killed... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 17

16.1K 629 135
By goldenhjp

Revised: May 10, 2022

Words: 3616

Chapter 17

Harry's attention snapped to the staff table and he gaped. The look he got in return was unbearably smug. His attention went to the toad in pink as well. Harry stared at the toad and Tom in contemplation and then his face tilted up in a smirk.

"I beg a few moments of your attention, as I have a few start of term announcements. Right off, our caretaker, the good Mr. Filch, has reminded me for what he says is the four-hundred and sixty-second time that he has an annually updated list of various banned items, usually introduced by our humorous experts Fred and George Weasley..." Dumbledore said, his hands up and staring at the Weasley twins. Fred and George both stood up when the Gryffindor table erupted into applause. Harry smirked at them but his gaze lingered back on Tom, "Which are posted in an extensive list on the door of Mr. Filch's office.

"Also, we have unusual staff changes this year. Professor Grubbly-Plank will be taking the post of Care of Magical Creatures as Professor Hagrid is on... extended leave," Hermione and Ron hit Harry in the shoulder but he ignored them, giving Tom a look, "Additionally, we have Professor Umbridge, who has kindly agreed to fill the post of Defense against the Dark Arts..." Harry snorted and gave Tom another look full of laughter.

Tom glared halfheartedly.

A shrill cough drew Harry's attention to the toad again, "Hem, hem, Headmaster, if I could address the school..."

Tom glanced at Umbridge and Harry assumed that he wanted to murder the toad. Dumbledore turned to look at Umbridge, taken aback by her abrupt and rude cut into his speech. He sat down and encouraged the Professor to come forward. Harry knew that he was probably seething at the potentially bothersome Professor.

It was going to become a lot worse than this for the old goat.

"Thank you, Headmaster. Now, how are you all doing tonight? I thought I would just say a few words... I am here at the Ministry of Magic's bequest, under Educational Decree twenty-two, which states that if the Headmaster of Hogwarts is unable to fill a teaching post, the Ministry shall select one for the position," Dumbledore inclined his head to Umbridge and the students once again erupted in incessant murmuring, "The Ministry has always considered the magical education of our children to be of vital importance, and the passing down of this ancient and noble art must be given to the next generation, lest it be forgotten forever..." Umbridge paused, "Without progress,

"Stagnation. But progress for progress's sake is to be discouraged, for our art requires no tinkering..." Once again, Umbridge looked round at the students, "A balance must be attained, the new and the old, permanence and change, tradition and innovation, order and chaos," pause, "There are large changes coming soon, changes walking the fine line between order and chaos. Know only that these changes are for the best, and to prevent the destruction of our civilization from its own decay. Thank you."

Harry let out a relieved sigh and Hermione once again jabbed him in the arm. He could see the fake smile that Umbridge aimed at him and he felt like flipping her off if it wasn't such a muggle thing to do.

"The Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts!" Hermione hissed and Harry slumped in his seat.

"She looks like a toad," Ron muttered.

"Thank you, Professor. That was most illuminating. Now, for our next Professor. I'm sure you have all heard of the tragic happening of Professor Trelawney. She went missing at the start of summer vacation and we have searched high and low for her with no answers. As it is, we have found a replacement for her until we have safely found her and she can return to her post." Fat chance of that happening, Harry thought, snorting with amusement and Tom also derived amusement from it, "This is Professor Tormid, he will be teaching Divination for this year."

Tom rose from his seat and nodded to the students. Harry couldn't hold in the laugh that bubbled up inside of him and Ron and Hermione looked at him oddly.

Harry could feel the sheer disgust rolling off Tom in waves and the look of distaste plastered on his face.

"Who is that?" Ron asked, forgetting about questioning Harry on his disappearance. Hermione wasn't as stupid though and she stared at Harry, her mouth beginning to open, "Where have you been?"

Harry was honestly surprised it took them this long to interrogate him.

"Quite frankly, it's none of your business..." Harry said snidely, unfortunately everyone in the Great Hall heard him because of his tone. He was still reeling over the fact that Tom Marvolo Riddle was in Hogwarts showing his face as if Dumbledore couldn't recognize him.

Did he lose his sanity that quickly?

Changing his nose and eye colour isn't going to trick Albus Dumbledore.

"Harry!" Hermione chastised, "We just wanted to know why you were with Draco Malfoy."

"Yeah, why were you with the snake gits?" Ron put into the conversation.

Harry ignored them and stood up. Everyone watched him as he walked down the table and sat next to Neville Longbottom.

Tom smirked and shook his head but it disappeared quickly when Ginny Weasley stood up and followed Harry over.

Tom's eyes narrowed.

She sat down next to Harry, so close that Tom wanted to use the killing curse on her across the Great Hall. He settled on making Harry's scar burn, signifying his displeasure.

Harry winced and looked up at Tom with a warning look. He knew what the man wanted, so he moved away from the girl but it was fruitless as she only moved closer and closer to him. Harry still felt the slight sting in his scar which meant that Tom was ready to come down the hall and ply her right off him.

Harry sent Tom a look that told him to relax.

Tom sent back a possessive glare.

"...missed you, Harry!" Neville said, patting Harry on the shoulder.

"I missed you too, Neville," Harry said in return, winking at him. Neville smirked slightly, which nobody noticed.

There wasn't much talk after that. Harry just pretended to eat food and Ginny's mouth wouldn't stop going as he ignored her. Dumbledore finally stood up again and ushered them to leave the Great Hall to return to their common rooms.

-_-

Tom sighed when the mirror went blank and turned to stare coldly at Sirius, "Mind your place," Tom said darkly, "I wouldn't want to have to do anything..."

Sirius stared at Tom and blinked, "Cool, mate. I'm going to my room," he said. Sirius knew that Tom couldn't hurt him because Harry wouldn't tolerate it. If Tom so much as touched a hair on his head, it would risk losing his precious Harry and Sirius loved to take advantage of it. He smirked, walking back to his room.

Tom stood in the hallway, blinking the astonishment away before growling and stalking to his office. The disrespect he had been given lately was astronomical. He opened his office door with he parseltongue password and sat down at his chair.

The worry was eating at him regardless of the fact that he had just finished speaking to Harry a few moments ago. He was afraid that Dumbledore... the old goat... would find out about Harry somehow and do something to his little love. He just couldn't get rid of the itching feeling of something bad happening. A plan formed in his mind.

He took out his diary and the cup and laid them on the desk, waiting for Harry to send the locket. It wasn't long before the locket materialized out of shadows on his desk. Tom shook his head, marveling at the shadows as they dissipated.

Tom picked it up and caressed it possessively. He grabbed the other two horcruxes and made his way to the ritual room. Three horcruxes were laid out onto the floor and he'd already made the potion and runes to go with the ritual.

He knelt on the stone floor and took out his dagger, slicing his palm and dropping three droplets of blood into the potion, one for the locket, one for the diary and lastly, one for the goblet. He placed all three in individual potions and watched as it imploded. The runes around the potion started to glow.

"Redde in pelagus animae tuae," Tom recited three times as the glowing runes became even brighter, "Redde in pelagus animae tuae," he finished, watching the potion explode this time and he only had time to widen his eyes before the potion came sailing towards him.

The potion entered him through the pit of his stomach and he felt as though he were under the torture curse but worse. His body contorted into utter agony and he took on much younger qualities from the diary. It was half of his soul, after all.

When the agony was finished and Tom was left panting on the floor, he felt like a new man. The constant threat of his insanity coming back to bite him in the arse was gone and he finally had a clear head. He looked better than he ever did.

It was now time to start his plan.

-_-

"Lucius!" Tom shouted, "Get in here, I need to be at the Ministry soon!" As soon as Tom said Lucius' name, he was in the room.

"Yes, my Lord?" Lucius said clearly, "Would you like to leave now?"

Tom sneered because he knew that Lucius was trying to suck up to him after his massive mistake. If it wasn't for Lucius being his right-hand, the man would probably be dead.

"Yes, Lucius, let us be off," Tom said in distaste, "I would like to get this over with and hopefully get what I want out of this..." Tom placed a strong glamour charm on himself so that only the people he wanted could see the real him. He had bronze hair down to his shoulders and brown eyes.

"Yes, of course, my Lord."

When they arrived at the Ministry, Tom sighed internally and wished yet again that Harry was with him and not in the Order's Headquarters where Tom couldn't protect him.

He followed Lucius up the stairs and in towards Fudge's office. Lucius abruptly stopped then and Tom's hand twitched for his wand to send the torture curse at him.

"Here we are..." Lucius said, almost forgetting to drop the 'my Lord' in public.

Tom nodded slightly and followed him into the office after they knocked on Fudge's office door.

"Ah, Minister Fudge..." Lucius said cordially, "I wanted to introduce you to someone." Fudge sat at his desk, looking like he thought himself the next coming of Merlin.

"Lord Malfoy, what a surprise!" Minister Fudge said happily, "And who is this?" Fudge reached his hand out, expecting a hand-shake from Tom.

Tom took the hand and after shaking it, he subtly used a cleaning charm to get the filth off him, "Minister, it is very nice to meet you," Tom said politely.

"Oh, what a nice fellow," Minister Fudge said in return.

"This is Del Tormid, a descendant of Salazar Slytherin," Lucius said, watching Fudge's face go from delighted to shocked and then to a greedy look.

"Oh, forgive me, Lord Tormid. How rude of me... a descendant of Salazar Slytherin, you say? Quite remarkable, it is an honour," Fudge said and Tom started to get irritated. Lucius seemed to have caught on to his mood, so he changed the subject.

"Minister, Lord Tormid wishes to ask something of the Ministry," Lucius said, looking at Tom nervously.

"Yes, yes, anything at all," Fudge nodded.

"Minister Fudge, I've heard that you are looking for a Professor at Hogwarts?" Tom said, as politely as possible.

Fudge's eyes widened and nodded quickly, "Yes, yes, a descendant of Salazar Slytherin in their birthright? How could I ever deny that of you..." Fudge paused, his eyes shifting to the left and then to the right, a nervous look overtaking his face. He glanced up at Tom, wiping away the sweat that appeared on his forehead.

Tom narrowed his eyes.

"What is wrong, Minster?" Tom asked slowly, anger creeping into his voice but knew that Fudge wouldn't detect it.

Lucius, however, did. He froze nervously.

"Oh, my dear..." Fudge muttered, "You couldn't possibly... the great Salaz..."

Tom was getting pissed off.

"Minister?" Lucius asked and Fudge turned to look at the man.

"I am horribly sorry, Lord Tormid," Fudge spoke up, turning once again to Tom, "I am horribly, horribly sorry. Senior Under-secretary Delores Umbridge has the position of Defence Against the Dark Arts. I suppose that is the position you inquired about?"

"Tom looked at the Minister blankly. What did he mean, the position was gone? What did that mean for him? He'd just have to do with the other position... wait...

No. No, no. no. no. no. He would not. Harry would never stop laughing at him. He was not going to do it. He was not... but he had to. Tom lowered his head and looked at the Minister so hard, even he could feel the disdain rolling off Tom in waves.

"What position is available?" Tom said between gritted teeth.

"Oh, but of course, the Divination position is available."

"I will take that position, Minister."

"You will?"

"Of course, of course. Send me the paperwork and I will get right on the course plan for this year," Tom said and Fudge nodded more than necessary.

"I will get right on it," Fudge said walking towards his desk. I will send the paperwork as soon as it is complete. Would you like me to send it to Lord Malfoy, you two seem quite close."

"I would very much like that, Minister," Tom said, walking to the office door, "I will be on my way and I will await your post."

"Yes, it was nice to see you, Lord Tormid. It has been such an honour." Tom waved it away and said a curt goodbye before walking out of the office with Lucius following behind.

They both walked out of the Ministry.

-_-

"My mum almost wouldn't let me come this year because of you," Seamus said angrily.

Harry looked up from his bed and cocked his head to the side, "Why?"

"She figures you're lying about You-Know-Who and that Dumbledore's a right nutter," Seamus said in return.

Harry snorted, "Just because I said I'd seen Voldemort doesn't making any difference in you coming back to Hogwarts..." Harry said, "If anything, your mum shouldn't have any worries in letting you attend Hogwarts this year if she believes Voldemort isn't back." Harry still couldn't believe that everyone assumed he saw Voldemort just because the Headmaster said so.

"Well, I don't believe you," Seamus muttered, throwing the Daily Prophet at Harry. Harry looked down at his lap,

'Harry Potter: Boy hero uses lies to seek attention' with the subheading of, 'Hogwarts Headmaster buys his story'.

"I believe you, mate," Neville said when Seamus left the dorm. Harry looked at Neville and grinned,

"Of course, you do, Neville," Harry said, "I trust you and that is why I'm going to tell you everything later on."

"Neville's face changed into a pout and he nodded, "You're going to make me wait," he whined.

Harry smirked, "I sure am."

"About that earring..." Neville asked, but the dorm door opened and in came Ron.

"Hey, Harry," Ron said, completely ignoring Neville. Harry gave Neville a look and he grinned slightly before walking passed Ron and out the door.

"Ron," Harry muttered, crossing his arms.

"The Headmaster wants to speak to you," Ron said sluggishly, plopping down into his bed, "F...Fizzing W...Wizzbee..." Ron didn't finish the sentence before a loud snore ripped through the room.

Harry looked at the Weasley in disgust. Great, now he had to deal with Dumbledore. He walked out of the dorms and into the common room, passing everyone quickly so he didn't have to talk to anyone.

On the way to the Headmaster's office, he passed Severus. Harry looked at the Professor and nodded, "Mr. Potter," Severus said, inclining his head. He seemed to frown though for a second, "Are you well?"

Harry looked at Severus in confusion, "Of course, Professor," Harry said, "The Headmaster has called me to his office. Why?" Harry asked, subtly telling Severus to tell Tom.

"You are shaking," Severus said, inching closer to Harry.

"I feel fine," Harry said but inwardly, Harry knew what was happening. He was hungry and if he didn't drink any blood soon, he would go into bloodlust.

"Well, hurry along..." Severus said, nodding to the subtle order. Harry continued to walk and finally made it to the office.

"Fizzing Whizzbees," Harry said, disgust visible on his face. He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door quickly.

"Come in, Harry," Dumbledore said happily but then he frowned, "My dear boy, you're shaking."

"Headmaster," Harry said blandly, "I jut have some kind of cold, it will go away soon. I don't want to be here for very long as I have someone waiting on me."

"Of course, of course. You should go to Madame Pomfrey. I was just checking in to see if you got in alright. May I ask who is waiting for you?"

"Headmaster, as you know, you seem to play favourites very often. I don't seem to recall seeing you call up anyone else to make sure they've come to Hogwarts alright. Quite frankly, I don't really think you need to know who is waiting for me but if you must know, it is Draco..." Harry told him, apathetically.

"Draco Malfoy, hmm? You got over your rivalry, I see. Wonderful, wonderful," Albus said, stroking his beard. Inwardly, he was seething. Harry Potter, the golden boy, friends with a Slytherin? Draco Malfoy at that? No, no, no, this wouldn't do. Not at all. Albus' thoughts were all over the place and Harry inwardly smirked in victory. He knew exactly what was happening in the old coots head.

"I would like to leave, Headmaster." Harry turned around to leave but Dumbledore placed a hand on his shoulder. Harry turned around again, abruptly, ending with Dumbledore's nail scratching his face. Harry stared at the man coldly, "I said I would like to go, Headmaster."

Albus whipped out his wand, "Obliviate," he shouted desperately. Harry Potter didn't stare or talk coldly. What was this? Albus immediately changed the memory to him having a nice talk with Harry but when he was leaving, the boy tripped and scratched his own face.

Albus wiped the sweat off his forehead.

Harry stared in disgust as Dumbledore got over his close call. It was just too bad that he remembered everything.

Tom wasn't going to be very well pleased. That scratch wouldn't heal very fast as he hadn't had any blood for a while and more than likely, Tom was expecting him to drop down to his quarters.

"Headmaster?" Harry said, his eyes blinking.

"Merlin, I'm glad you're okay. That was quite a fall..." Dumbledore said gravely.

Harry sneered inwardly. Old goat.

"Oh, yes it was. I'll be on my way then, Headmaster," Harry said, walking slowly down the stairs and out the door. He walked briskly to Tom's office, not looking forward to the interrogation he would get over the scratch. He knew what Tom was like.

He arrived at the Divination quarters and Harry once again marvelled at the fact that Tom Riddle, the Dark Lord Voldemort, was the Divination Professor.

Harry snorted.

"I heard that," Tom said, pulling Harry into his quarters, "You know I couldn't do anything about this and yet you keep..." Tom trailed off and looked at Harry closely, his eyes darkening to a deeper crimson, "Who dare?" Tom hissed and Harry wasn't sure if it was English or parseltongue.

"Dumbledo..." Harry was about to say but Tom cut him off.

Dumbledore! Tom hissed, Dumbledore did this to you? He will pay, he will feel my wrath, and I will torture him until he is screaming for death...

Harry waited until Tom was done rambling about killing Dumbledore and when he was finished, Harry finally spoke,

"He tried to obliviate me again," Harry said, seething, "The controlling old goat of a bastard."

"It will be done soon, we cannot wait any longer. It will be over this school year and I'll enjoy watching as the light is snuffed out of his twinkling eyes for good."

"As will I," Harry said, smirking. Tom looked up again and noticed Harry was shaking.

"Harry," Tom said slowly, "Why are you shaking? You seem even paler than when I last saw you, if that were even possible."

"I haven't had anything to drink since I left the Manor..." Harry muttered, "If I don't get any soon, I'll go into a bloodlust."

"Come..." Tom said, leading Harry to his bedroom. Tom sat down, Harry following his instructions, "Drink," Tom ordered.

"But, To..."

"Now, Harry," Tom said, kissing Harry on the forehead. Harry nodded and retracted his fangs. He looked up at Tom and kissed his neck before sinking his fangs into the skin, "Harry," Tom said breathlessly, dropping his head on the bed as Harry crawled on top of him, taking big gulps of blood.

When he was finished, Harry licked the excess blood off his lips, before plunging forward and devouring Tom's mouth in a kiss.

"Tom," Harry moaned.

Needless to say, Harry was there a while that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 67 10
''Death will come for you eventually, Mr. Riddle. My Master will ensure it.'' *** Betrayed by so many people and devastated by the loss of many more...
58.4K 2.1K 20
A week has passed since Sirius's death and Harry is not allowed to grieve. His friends think he is ridiculous, and when he tries to open up to them...
37.7K 1.5K 19
When the dark side gains the upper hand in the second Wizarding War and everything seems hopeless, Harry takes it upon himself to change the future b...
990K 32.5K 90
Something that'll change Harry Potter 's life forever is about to happen on his sixteenth birthday. He learns that the people who he thought were his...