➵ His Soccer Princess | ✔︎

By -ineffablyflawsome

e d i t i n g | • »»» • extended summary inside • ««« BOOK TWO IS ALSO IN THIS BUT IT IS DISCONTINUED! Alexi... More

opening words | zero
covers | extra graphics
characters | cast
playlist
Chapter 1 | pinky promise?
Chapter 2 | boo
Chapter 3 | stay outta trouble
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.5
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
WHAT
zero | opening words
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
the explanation you all deserve

Chapter 30

5K 166 23
By -ineffablyflawsome

"You win some, you lose some."

"And again! Chase your push up did not count, let's do it again!" Coach was making our practices harder and harder as they came.

Now that Cody was playing, even if only two matches, he was also required to attend the practise. It made me laugh seeing him there, but I couldn't do much other than smile without hearing an earful from coach.

"Jayden, Alexis and Cody, start sprints. The rest of you, complete your penalties."

Cody, Jayden and I had not made one mistake in the push ups. Well, Cody probably did but covered it up smoothly like he normally does.

I chugged down some liquid and then jogged to the track, gazing at it and then smiled. I love running. Running happens to also be a huge part of football.

"Bet you 10 bucks you can't beat him!" Chase hollered and I smirked. Why do these boys underestimate me?

"It's on!" I shouted as Jayden smirked too. We took our positions and coach began telling Chase off for talking. He then waved the red flag up and we were off.

I was literally neck in neck with Jayden. He'd sprint faster, so would I. After two laps, I could feel his frustration from where I was running.

Last lap to go, with Jayden frustrated as ever, I began to see my opportunity. I noticed he slowed down slightly, and we were near the finish.

I slacked back and breathed heavily, and he slowed down slightly more. I then sped past him and over he finish line.

I just had to confuse him.

"Chase, that's 10 dollars for me!" I hollered and he groaned.

Jayden looked at me and then after a while said, "You cheated."

"I did not cheat. I didn't touch you in any way nor did I rig the system." I replied cockily and he rolled his eyes and sighed.

I sat down and watched Cody roll in now.

"Doing anything tomorrow Codes?" I ask him as he slumps next to me, as we watch the others running the laps too.

"No, why?" He asked, kind of confused.

"We haven't done anything together since... you know." I realised myself that we didn't do anything.

"Remember the food fight at Caroline's?" I laughed and he nodded, laughing. "That was probably the last time we did anything."

"Sure. Where we goin, Cass?" He asked me and I flinched at the name. Jayden caught on, but Cody was oblivious to the slight flinch, his eyes glued onto Ava who was sitting on the bleachers.

I nudged him, regaining normality quite quickly and asked, "Why haven't you asked her to be your girlfriend? You've been on, like, 5 dates already." I asked.

It was clear that he was head in heels for her, and he doesn't even wear heels for Christ's sake. "I don't know." He mumbled. "Fear of rejection?"

"Rejection? Have you seen the way she looks at you?" Jayden scoffed and I looked at him, surprised.

"What? She clearly likes him, maybe even loves him. Trust me," he scoffed and then let out a humourless laugh. I watched as his muscles reflexed as he threw a pebble in the air in boredom.

"Okay guys, get up- we're starting suicides!" Coach shouted and the team trudged tiredly to the grassy area where Coach was standing.

---

"Damn. That was a long practise. Do you guys do this all the time?" Cody asked walking back.

I shrugged, because I knew as much as he did. I've only been to a little over a few of the trainings because I was the newest on the team.

"You think this was hard? Wait until we get to the semis. That's when Coach decides to stay torture upon us." Austin groaned, rolling his eyes as we walked back to the changing rooms.

"See ya in five, Codes!" I hollered, walking into the girls changing rooms. Again, I could hear the whispering and I rolled my eyes. Drama queens.

"Now, because the soccer team are going to be going off campus for a few away games in the tournament, so will we-and we need our choreography to be perfect." A girl stated and everyone nodded.

"Now, because Alyssa is the best at choreographing, we'll leave it to her and I expect longer sessions, understood?" Everyone hummed in agreement as an older looking student began to walk out the changing room.

On seeing me, she raked her eyes up and down me and a look of disgust took over her face. My hands were clenched in fists, and I was as tall as she was, meaning I was taller than the average person my age.

"What are you wearing?" She asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Foot- ugh! Soccer attire. Have a problem?" I asked, trying to sound confident. Well I was confident, but maybe not when all the girls in the room were throwing daggers my way.

"Ugh, whatever!" She stormed out of the changing room and I smirked. Exactly.

As soon as she was out, Alyssa stepped forward and shook her head. We were really close, and I I closed my eyes, eyebrows raising upwards.

"Stay away from Jayden, he's mine." She sneered and then I laughed in her face.

"What makes you think I like him, huh?" I asked, taking a step closer to her as she took a step back. Just because she got a fact right that doesn't mean you fuel your enemy. You trick them into thinking their wrong. Works like a charm. "Tell me, I'd love to laugh."

"Since you were on his bike a few days ago." She stated sassily, as her hair that was swishing from side to side. I'm surprised she hasn't said anything about what happened in the lunch ha- "and what happened in the lunch hall."

"Mhm, what's so special about that, huh? I just rode on his bike after a certain someone turned up and reminded me of something." I quipped back vaguely, knowing that other people were in our presence. I ignored the last part of her statement, because I couldn't argue with that one. I made stuff too difficult that time.

But, everything begins to click in place, slowly. That's how the bitch knew where I was. There must be someone on the inside, and Alyssa being it makes perfect sense.

This is hilarious. No, it's gold. Freaking gold.

Turing to walk away, she said sullenly, "Since no one ever rides on that bike with him. Heck, his best friend Chase barely gets to go on it."

I stopped, and pivoted on my foot, facing her. I looked at her and smiled. "Good for you. He was just helping me out, I owe him big time anyways after what happened that day." I snarled the last part and just to be sure she got the message, I leaned in closer and spoke in a mere whisper. "Watch your step, Alyssa. You gave him the address- trust me, I know." I bit back a smirk but a smug look in my eyes shone brightly.

I walked to the changing cubicle and quickly got out of my kit and came out, only a minute later- done and changed.

"Nice meeting you, Alyssa." I saluted and walked out, smirking as I knew this time I had the leverage. I was onto her, and damn did she know it.

I walked out, only to see a Cody and Chase fist bumping. I shook me head and rolled my eyes, walking past them. "Coming or nah?" I called and Cody "umph"ed in reply.

"So, see you guys tomorrow?" Chase asked and I stuck a thumbs up in air as my other arm draped around Cody's shoulder as he began to spill more about Ava.

Oh, and speaking of her, she showed up too and I bit back a groan as I began to third wheel. What a laugh.

Oh well. You win some, you loose some.

"Chase! Wait up! I don't want to third wheel!" I shouted, then jogged to catch up with him.

A/N
Please don't kill me. Yes, I know- it's only a filler chapter and I feel really bad, but I swear it's only because I was writing the next few chapters after this.

I needed this chapter so seem faded(?) away a bit because there's a bit of a time lapse soon so it's just to help the story flow a bit better.

I'm going to post the next chapter soon- no promises- so look forward to that! Again, I'm sorry for the filler chapter- but I promise you some drama in the upcoming chapters.

QOTD:
Ask me anything. I'll reply in the comments. :)

~Lillian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.6K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...
1.5M 37K 53
Before you read, here are some warnings! My grammars suck and this book makes no sense. It is so unorganized and so cringy. Totally not worth reading...
1.5M 60K 45
"Noah, I won't do it unless you ask me to," he whispered, his voice seductively low. "What?" I asked almost breathless. "Kiss you," he murmured. "And...
34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...