Peter Quill/ Star-Lord X Read...

By StarLordesss

Oooh boy. Good ol' Star Lord. This should be exciting. Not sure what will be in this book. Just be prepared. More

My Sweet Lord
Come a little bit closer (part one)
Come a little bit closer (part two)
Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang
Ooh child
Anthem of the angels (part one)
Mission: Terra
The secret weapon
You're deemed worthy
Pink or Blue?
Pink or Blue? (2)
Pink or blue? (3)
Pink or blue (4)
Super Twins
Little moments
One day. One action. Two people.
One day. One action. Two people. (2)
I have an opportunity for you guys
The Belated "I Love You"
When you look me in the eyes
The Belataed "I Love You" (2)
I Love You
The Secret Weapon (2) End Game
I Love You (2)
THANK YOU!!
Hooked On A Feeling
Father and Son
I'm Not In Love
We All Know Who's In Charge
Starlordess (1)
The Peter Quill book is out!
Bucky Book

Anthem Of The Angels (part two)

4.3K 117 75
By StarLordesss

————Peter's POV————

"(Y/n), wake up. Come on, Sweetheart. Please." I pause as I look at her lifeless body.

"Baby, please." I sob as I pull her closer to me.

She can't be gone. This isn't fair. She has to wake up. I already lost my mom and Yondu. I can't lose the woman I love.

"Quill." Rocket says as he stands up.

"Quill, she's gone." Rocket says as he wipes some tears from his eyes.

"D-don't say that." I say as I realize all of the blood that's pooling around us.

There's blood on my jacket and some on my hands. I feel like my heart is breaking into a million pieces and then the pieces are being shredded.

"Peter, we have to get her and the gem back to the ship before more guards come." Gamora says softly.

I look up at her with the meanest bitch face I can.

"(Y/n) just died in my arms and you're worried about the fuckin' gem!?" I shout at Gamora.

I can't help but feel a range of emotions. Why does this keep happening to me?

"Of course not, Peter. I just don't want to lose anyone else." Gamora pauses as she stands up. "Also, I'm sure it would mean a lot to (y/n) if we got the gem to King Krauser since she did risk her life for it." Gamora finishes as I look back at (y/n).

She's right. I don't want (y/n)'s death to be meaningless. She died trying to save another planet. I sigh as another tear escapes my eye. I pick her up bridal style. It's much harder to hold her now, since she's not holding on to me.

The next time I carried her like this, I wanted it to be when she was alive and well and we were on our way out of a church while she was dressed in a white gown and I was dressed in a tux. My throat goes dry as I think about what could've been.

"Want me to carry her, Quill?" Drax offers.

I keep walking with my head facing forward.

"No, I got'er." I say as Rocket catches up to us.

He has the gem and is placing it in his backpack. The rest of the walk is quiet. No one dares to say a word. Not even Drax. We finally make it to the Milano.

Groot happily greets us as we walk on board and then he sees (y/n) lying limp in my arms.

"I am Groot." He asks as his eyes get bigger.

I ignore him and continue walking. Rocket takes the time to explain what happened to her.

——three weeks later——

I haven't gone on any missions since the day (y/n) died. It's just been Rocket, Gamora and Drax. I keep blaming myself for her death. If only I would've shot the guy who stabbed her instead of standing there in fear like an idiot.

Her death is on me and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

"Hey, Quill." Rocket says calmly as he walks through the door with a box wrapped in news paper and a bow made from rope.

I just look at him. He sighs as he sits next to me on my bed.

"(Y/n) told me to give this to you three weeks after she died." Rocket says as he hands the box over to me.

I take it hesitantly.

"When she was dying, she told you to give me this." I pause and he nods. "Did you talk about this before? Like casually?" I ask and then he sighs once again.

  "She knew the day would come, Quill. She just knew and I didn't know how. She gave the box to me for safe keeping." Rocket explains as tears cloud my eyes at the thought of her.

"Do you know what's in it?" I ask as I look at the small box.

"I have no idea. That's for you to find out." Rocket says as he slides off the bed.

Rocket makes his way to the door, but my voice stops him. "Rocket."

He turns around as his ear twitches.

"Yeah, Quill?" He asks as he places his arms over his chest.

"Thank you." I say sincerely and he nods.

Rocket walks out of the room and then I look at the box and contemplate if I should open it. I take in a deep breath and untie the bow. I lay the small rope next to me and then gently rip off the newspaper.

  What's left is a rectangular sized black box. I open it and see a new Walkman and a cassette tape. I smile as I read the name. Awesome mix vol. 3. I take out the tape and the Walkman and see a note underneath. I place the tape next to me and then open the note.

  Well, if you're reading this, I'm dead. I thought I avoided it so many times, but this time was apparently it for me. Anyway, I don't want you to mourn me anymore. I'm in a better place now and I'll be waiting for you on the other side. If you decide to move on, I understand. I want you to be happy so moving on is better than holding on to a dead girl. I love you so much, Peter. You meant the world to me. I'm sorry that I had to go so soon. There are presents for the other's under my old bed. I want you to give them the presents yourself. Of course tell them they're from me because I deserve the credit.

I chuckle. Even in her death note she could be funny.

If they get the presents from you, it means you're a step closer to forgiving yourself and you can open up more to the other's about how you feel. I know you blame yourself for my death, but please stop. I know it was no one's fault.

It's like she knew she was going to die very soon. But how?

You're probably wondering how I knew my time was close. That's all in Rocket's note. On a somewhat happier note, I put songs that I loved on that cassette and I went through hell putting it together. Shows how much I loved you. I'm not really sure how to end this so

So what!? She didn't finish it! I look on the back and see more words.

Had you goin' there, didn't I?

I bite my lip and chuckle softly. Even in death she keeps me on my toes.

Anyway, don't live your life mourning me, Peter. Be happy and move on. Bye, Love.

The tears that are clouding my vision fall on the note. I miss her so damn much. Moving on is going to be harder than anything. I miss her kisses and her touches.  I grab my The new Walkman. I put the Vol. 3 in and then put on my headphones.

A song that I've never heard before starts to play. It sounds modern. I look at the box again and see a smaller note. I open it as I listen to the song. It's a list of the songs that are on the tape.

1.Anthem of the Angels by breaking Benjamin

(A/n: I recommend listening to this song especially if while you're reading this.)

As the song reaches its end I hear the verse that I'm sure (y/n) wanted me to hear. I keep holding on to you, but I can't bring you back to life. Sing the anthem of the angels then say the last goodbye.

She knew I'd be holding on to her death till the end of time. I know I should listen and stop holding on, but I can't. Even thinking about her makes me feel like a part of her will always be with me. I pause the tape as I remember the gifts for the other guardians. I take off my headphones and then make my way to her old room.

I smile as I enter. We have so many memories in here. This is where we first kissed. We used to dance in here all of the time because she was always singing a melody. I walk to her bed and get on my knees. I reach for the presents and I grab them one by one. Their presents are wrapped in news paper as well. The boxes have their names on them.

  I pile the boxes on top of each other and then walk into the cockpit. I set them down as everyone looks at me like they've seen a ghost.

"What's that?" Gamora asks as she stands up.

"Presents. From (y/n). They're for you guys." I say as I put my hands in my pockets.

They all scramble to their feet and grab the presents with their names. They all open their presents. Gamora's box is long and black. She smiles as she picks up a sword from within the box. I look over at Drax and see him holding a container of bubbles and there are some other childish things in the box. I make my way to Rocket and see him just staring at his large box. He hasn't opened the box yet.

"I can't open it, Quill." Rocket says as tears cloud his vision.

"Why?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"I don't know. I guess I feel like when I open it, I'll just break down and cry. That's not like me at all." He explains.

I get where he's coming from.

"I'll have to except that she's really gone." He gives a pained chuckle.

"My best friend is really gone, Quill." Rocket says to me.

  I have no idea how to comfort him.

"Maybe if you open her gift, you'll see that a part of her is always there with you. I'm pretty sure that's why she gave all of us a present." I say and then he nods.

He opens his present and then confetti shoots out with a pop, causing us all to jump. Rocket is covered in confetti. Rocket just starts laughing as he looks into his box.

"She got me a new rifle and-" He pauses as he lifts up a greenish square looking thing. "This?"

"Rocket, that's a claymore from earth. You set it in the ground and if people walk close enough to it, they explode." I explain as he smiles.

"That girl really knew me." He says with a smile.

"She also got me new knives and not just these strange bubbles you blow out of a stick." Drax says as he lifts up his knives.

"I am Groot." Groot says as he drags his present over to me.

"I'll open it for you." I say as I pick it up and then put it on my lap.

Groot manages to crawl on my lap. I open his present. There are three things. A children's book, a tablet and a twig. I tilt my head to the side in confusion. Rocket looks over at Groot's gift.

"Dude." Rocket says as he reaches over and picks up the twig.

"What?" I ask.

"This is a flora colossus stick. She found someone else that's like Groot." Rocket says as he runs to get the stuff to plant it.

How did she find it? Most importantly, why did she give it to Groot? Rocket runs back into the cockpit and finishes his gardening. He sits back down and starts to read his note. His smile fades as he reads it.

"She knew how she would die this whole time." Rocket says on the verge of tears again.

"What?" I question as Rocket hands me the note.

Rocket, you are my best friend which is why I'm choosing you to tell the others about this. I had an ability to predict the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell any of you, but I wasn't sure how you guys would react. There was no way of avoiding my death. Just know that. Anyway, I'm glad that I met you. You taught me so much and I'm so thankful for that. I love you, Raccoon.

My mouth drops open. She had powers and didn't tell us?

"This whole time, she knew her days were numbered and didn't bother telling us. Why?" I say as I look at Rocket.

"Maybe she didn't wanna worry us, Quill. That's something I would do." Rocket says and then I sigh.

————Time skip—————

A few months have passed and I still miss her. We all do. But the stick she gave Groot, grew into another of his kind. A girl flora colossus. Now Groot and the girl I decided to call Brandy can try to save their kind by reproducing when they're old enough. (Y/n) really thought of everything. In her note to Groot she said that they do end up resurrecting their kind by reproducing. She said she saw it and they were beautiful. She said they were in a beautiful place.

  I'll never get back on the dating horse. I just can't. But I know that when my time comes, (y/n) will be waiting for me. This pain I feel is only temporary and I understand that now. One thing's for sure, she really is a hero.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 1.8K 62
Ryan Jones we born on Terran along with her best friend peter quill when they boy travel the galaxy along with gamora, rocket, drax and groot. Togeth...
218 13 13
This story is set at the beginning of Infinity War. Y/N is the younger sister of Peter Quill, known as Star Lord. Your super hero name is Cresent Que...
289K 4.1K 72
Just some preferences, ill be making some imagines. IMAGINE REQUESTS CLOSED for now I do Peter Drax Groot Rocket Please Vote, comment mor...
17.3K 732 9
Peter and (y/n) Quill must rally their team to defend the universe and protect one of their own. If the mission is not completely successful, it coul...