A Blind Love

By Islaamfirst

People say love is blind, some don't believe it but it might be true. This is a love story between a blind ri... More

1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19
20
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.

2.

771 54 1
By Islaamfirst

"Assalamu alaikum!" I greeted before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, the door opened. I could tell that it wasn't Iman because she would have jumped on me immediately she saw me.

"Assalamu alaikum! Is Iman around?" Norah asked from beside me.

"Wa alaikumus salaam! Yes...sorry, come in." An unfamiliar voice said.

Norah held my hand and led me in. The door closed behind us.

"Ava! Is that you?" Iman yelled from somewhere.

"Yeah!" I replied calmly.

I felt someone hug me from behind, i knew it was her...so i hugged her back.

"How are you?" She squealed.

I smiled at my best friend "Alhamdulillah! And you? Good?"

"I am now." She let me go.

"Norah. How are you?"

After they exchanged pleasantries with Norah, i heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Oh! This is my cousin, Ali. He just came back from Boston." She said with excitement.

"Hello!" Ali said curtly.

"Hi!" Norah greeted shyly.

I kept silent, giving him a nod, trying not to be rude.

"I will go see if Na'ima is around." Norah said, escaping to go see her friend.

"Behave!" I said curtly.

I could feel her roll her eyes "Sure, Mum." She teased.

"Let's go to my room." Iman tugged on my hand and almost drag me into her room.

Iman and i had been friends since the incidence that took my eyes away. She has always been with me after we met at school in sixth grade. We went to the same high school, the same college. We even studied the same course in college.

Fine Art

I love Art even though i couldn't see. Drawing had always been a part of me. It made me feel a lot of things.

"I've missed you this past week." She said as soon as i sat on her bed.

"Me too." I whispered.

"So what's going on in your life? How are your kids?"

I smiled when she mentioned my kids, i teach some kids Arabic and Qur'an at my place every weekend.

"They are good. I miss them though. But we will meet tomorrow inshaa Allah."

I felt her hands on my lap "I've got good news for you."

I smiled "What is it?"

"I'm getting married!"

"Oh Allah! I'm so happy for you. Alhamdulillah!" I placed my hand on hers.

I was so happy for my best friend, at the age of 24, she was finally getting married "When is it?"

"In two weeks."

"Wow! It's so soon. What about your Mum? Does she know?"

"Yeah. She will be coming in a few days to start preparing."

"Do i know the lucky guy?" I nudged her.

"It's Zain." I could imagine her blushing.

"That's awesome. Alhamdulillah!" We met Zain in college, he helped to tutor me once (when there was no one to) as he was a year ahead of us. He was really nice to me.

Iman's parents are divorced, she stays with her Dad and visits her Mum every month in New Orleans. It had been very hard on her, i know that as her best friend.

"A family is coming to ask for Norah's hand." I told my best friend.

"Masha Allah!" She squealed in excitement.

"I know. Alhamdulillah!"

"Will you be okay by yourself? You can always come stay with me, you know."

I frowned "Why is everyone saying that? I will be okay inshaa Allah. I have Dad and Noor."

"I'm just worried about you. Noor is working and Dad also is still about to retire. You need to have someone to depend on, my friend. I don't want to see you spend the rest of your life alone."

I sighed deeply, knowing that she was right but it was not my fault.

"I have Allah and i depend on him."

"Come on Ava." She sighed heavily.

"Who wants to marry a blind girl, Iman. Look around you, face the reality. No one wants to marry a liability."

"Don't say that." She ordered.

"But it's true." I whispered, "How is your work? Do you enjoy working at the company?" She's working at a Newspaper company (don't ask me how she ended up there).

"It's not bad. I like it there." I successfully changed the topic.

We spent a few hours talking about almost everything then Dad called Norah.

"He wants us home immediately. He said the family announced that they would be at our place for Iftaar(breaking of fast)."

My heart started racing "Oh Allah! We have a lot to do." I stood up from the bed, wore my boot and smoothen my cloth.

"I can come help if you want." Iman volunteered. As much as i would have loved her help, i couldn't take her away from her family for the first Iftaar. She has a younger sister and an elder brother.

"No thanks. We will manage." Norah answered for me.

I carried my walking stick and we left her room.

"Assalamu alaikum Ukht Ava!" Na'ima greeted on our way to the front door.

"Wa alaikumus salaam! How are you? Ramadhan Kareem!" I replied smiling.

"Thank you!"

Iman held my hand as we continued down the corridor.

"Ava!" I could still recognize Habib's voice.

"Assalamu alaikum Habib! Ramadhan Kareem!"

I heard footsteps coming towards us "Wa alaikumus salaam! Ramadhan Kareem! How are you?"

"Alhamdulillah! And you? How is work?"

"Alhamdulillah Norah! How are you?"

"Alhamdulillah Habib!"

"So you're leaving?"

When Norah didn't answer immediately, i thought he might be talking to me.

"Yeah. Dad called saying it's urgent." I replied with a smile.

"Okay. I hope to see you all for Iftaar at our place tomorrow or whenever you're free?"

"Inshaa Allah! Thanks for your hospitality. JazakAllahu Khairan!"

"I believe you've met Ali, my cousin."

I nodded "Yes. Nice to meet you again Ali."

"Same here, Ava." His voice was deep and soft at the same time.

"Goodbye. Assalamu alaikum!" I greeted and let Iman take me away.

Habib is 27 and the eldest son. He is a lawyer and a good guy. I have known him since i was ten, that's when we became friends with Iman. He has been like a second brother to me.

I once heard him tell Iman "If she wasn't blind, i would have married her." I didn't know whether he was joking or serious because he is a jovial person.

Although it stung a bit when he said that but i just laughed it off. It wasn't the first time i've been told that, i hear it alot. It hurts all the time but i pretend to be okay.

"See you tomorrow?" Na'ima asked.

"Maybe." Norah said.

"Ava?"

I sighed "Okay. See you tomorrow." I knew she wanted us to come over.

"Okay!" She replied excitedly.

We walked back home because it wasn't very far from our house. It was almost a 15 minutes walk.

"What's the time?" I asked Norah as soon as we got home.

"Almost one."

"After Salah, let's start mixing the flour for the cake."

"Okay."

We went into our room, Dad was home today, he didn't go anywhere.

After Salah, we went to Dad's room.

"Assalamu alaikum!" We greeted as we entered.

"Wa alaikumus salaam!" He replied.

"Good afternoon Dad!" Norah sat me down beside him.

"Good afternoon Sweety. Hope you had a good time with Iman?"

"Yeah."

"Good. What about you, my angel?"

"Yes, Dad."

"So what are you up to now?"

"Getting ready to start baking."

"Can i help?"

We both laughed "Of course, Dad." He loves cooking.

By the time it was six, everything was set and ready to be devoured. We baked cake and meat pie. We made fried rice, salad and chicken sauce.

Ma Shaa Allah! Are we curious as to when Ali will show up? I'm also curious. If u are, do wait for the next update which will be... i'm not sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522 82 37
Allah,The Most Merciful Most Beneficent ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒงโ›ˆโ›ˆโ›ˆ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง There was nothing to say anymore or abbas ahmad w...
555K 24.4K 41
He was the Man who preferred darkness. She was the Woman who preferred brightness. He preferred Loneliness. She preferred Togetherness. He had suf...
123K 6.7K 22
She live her dream... He make hIs dream true.. she's innocent ! He arrogant ! He is workerholi ! She enjoy her life ! What will happens when Allah...
46 10 5
This story is about childhood loveโœจ๐ŸŒท ๐Ÿ’ฅAbout the importance of pardah ๐Ÿ’ฅAbout the importance of love ๐Ÿ’ฅAbout the importance of namaz ๐Ÿ’ฅAbout the imp...