Goddess of Wisdom (Artemis Fo...

By K_Mooney

Athena Murray was accurately named after Athena the Goddess of Wisdom. Considering the fact that she has the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
WHAT?!
Q/A
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Happy Birthday Arty!!
Chapter 25
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 26
ART & ANNOUCEMENTS

Chapter 13

785 23 56
By K_Mooney

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

"Okay. This is probably the most obvious question: what are you exactly?"

"I don't trust you enough to tell you." Holly answers, "I don't care how much Artemis trusts you, I won't tell you."

I nod my head in understanding, "Understandable. Just curious."

"What does the term 'Mud Girl' mean?" I inquire propping my chin in my hands.

"It's a word my people use to describe your people."

"My people? As in humans?" I question raising an eyebrow.

She nods her head. "Interesting..." I murmur. I continue my interrogation, "Whats your full name?"

"Holly Short."

I smirk slightly, "That's a very fitting name."

She rolls her eyes.

"Oh, by the way you can get off the table you aren't strapped on." I state giving her my signature smirk.

She suddenly sits up looking up and down her body, "I assumed..."

I shrug my shoulders, "I know you aren't getting out of this room, so I might as well let you have some freedom."

She pats down her body, "Where's my gun?"

I let out a laugh, "Did you really think I would let you keep your gun? What do you take me as? A newbie? I have it locked away somewhere. And I might say that is quite the gun."

She rolls her eyes, "I actually did. I mean how old are you? 12? 13?"

"16." I answer through gritted teeth.

She shrugs her shoulders, "Close enough." she hops down from the table and starts pacing the room.

I stand up as well and grab a notebook and pencil, recording the questions she's already answered. "I've already asked Artemis this question, but I want your opinion: why are you two so close?"

She glances at Artemis for a quick second then replies, "Lets just say we've been through a lot together."

"Hm, he basically said the same thing." I mutter scribbling the information down. "If you don't mind me asking: what exactly did you guys go through?"

"Classified information."

I turn to Artemis and stare at him intently, "Anything you would like to share Artemis?"

"Like Holly said: classified information."

I tap my pencil against the paper, "How disappointing." I sit down in the chair I was just in looking over everything. "Thank you Holly this is plenty of information."

"What do you mean? You didn't figure out what I am." Holly asks looking puzzled.

"I have assumptions Holly. That I would like to run by you. If that's alright?" I ask putting the notebook down and crossing my legs together.

She smirks, "Sure Mud Girl. I would love to see you try."

"Well to start off I know you're some kind of mythical creature. Your ears and body structure are a dead giveaway." I pause collecting my thoughts, "I'm 75% sure that you are a fairy. Shall I continue?"

Holly seems paler and her mouth is slightly agape in surprise.

I smirk, "I guess I'll take that as a yes. I know there are different types of fairies such as pixies and sprites, thanks to my siblings. I'm 55% sure that you are an elf. Correct me if I'm wrong."

Holly's mouth is now fully open, "How...what...?"

"You might want to close your mouth, don't want to attract flies." I state standing up, starting to feel cocky.

I look over at Artemis and even looks impressed. "How did you do that Athena?" He asks me.

"I'm assuming I'm right then? Well, I just needed some more information, I already knew she was a fairy before she woke up." I reply starting to walk out of the room. I look over my shoulder at the both of them, "Follow me."

"Why should I?" Holly asks harshly.

"I'll give you food and a warm bed." I reply, now opening the door.

She looks over at Artemis, sending a silent message to him. He nods his head and walks forward to stand beside me. She hesitantly starts walking over to stand behind Artemis.

"Good choice." I state I exit the room and Artemis walks beside me, on my left, and Holly starts walking on my right side.

"So, your name's Athena, Mud Girl?" Holly asks as she looks at the interior of my house.

"That is correct." I answer.

"Why are all the smart ones named after goddesses?" I hear her mutter under her breath.

I open a door, deciding to ignore what Holly said, and lead her inside.

I turn back around and look at Artemis, "Your room is the same as before; it's right next to this one. You can go to it, don't try anything."

He nods his head and walks out of the room.

"This will be your room Holly, I think it's the one that will best fit your needs." I gesture around the brightly lit room, trying to ignore the pain in my heart. This was Bella's room before she went missing, and it reminded me of her.

Holly sits down on the bed, "I'm assuming it's a kids room?"

I take in a deep breath, "Yes it was my little sister's."

"Was? What happened to her?"

I screw my eyes shut, making sure I don't cry, "Um, she uh, went missing two, uh, years ago." I finally manage to say.

"Oh."

She gets down off the bed, "Can I speak with Artemis? In private?"

"Sure." I respond walking out the room, leading her towards Artemis'.

I knock on his door then walk away calling out, "I'll let you have 10 minutes, then I'm coming back."

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

I open the door and get pushed back inside my room. I look down and see Holly slamming the door shut.

"Shouldn't you be in your room?" I question her as she starts pacing the room.

"Yes. But I convinced her to let us talk for 10 minutes."

"Why do we need to talk Holly?" I sigh out.

"Athena's magical."

My eyes dart over to her, "What?"

She stops in the middle of the room, facing me. "I can sense a magic around her. A magic that hasn't been heard of for hundreds of years."

"But Athena's human." I state. For once in my life I'm confused.

Holly points a finger at me, "Half human. Her other half is fairy."

"How is that possible?"

"There is a type of fairy that was believed to be extinct: half human half fairy." She takes a breath, "These were the most powerful fairies. They were our rulers, our queens."

"They were just females?" I ask.

"Yes. And they ruled over all fairies before they became extinct."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "What are these fairies called?"

"Witches."

"Witches?"

"Before you say anything, these are not the Harry Potter witches. These ones don't need wands to control their powers and they are much more powerful." She says.

She sits down on my bed, "Each witch controls one of the four elements: Earth, Water, Fire and Air."

"Why did they go extinct?" I inquire, thoroughly confused but fascinated.

She shakes her head, "I can't remember, I'd have to ask Foaly, he knows all about witches and their history."

"And Athena is one of these?"

"Yes, but I don't think she knows. Can you tell me her last name?"

I think for a moment, trying to remember what her full name was. "Murray." I finally answer, "Athena Murray."

Holly's face pales, "Oh dear..."

"Why is that so bad?" I ask worried about Holly, she looks like she's seen a ghost.

Holly turns to look at me with a deadly serious face, "Athena is royalty."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
181K 4.8K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
80K 3.5K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
812K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...