Chapter 23

A/N: I recommend you play the song when you see this ~•+•~. It really sets the mood.

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

"Did you take care of the security?"

"Way ahead of you." Blade answers walking up next to me, "You just need to get the information."

I nod my head and walk into the first room down the hall. All I see is a computer desk with a computer on it, placed in front of a big window that gives a perfect view of the street. Two bookshelves are in the back of the room.

"Watch the door, I'm not taking chances." I state heading to the computer and sitting myself down at the chair.

"Sure thing." I hear him grumble as he takes position.

I quickly get into the computer and start going through it. I first look through all the emails, scanning over each one.

Only one manages to snag my attention.

Dear Jon,

Trust me, once I've sent the email little Athena will be wrapped around my finger. The poor girl loves her family too much. I just need you to keep up your end of the deal. Make sure the Fowls get here in two days time, no less. I don't need the boy to mess this up.

~Lewis

"D'Arvit." I mutter rereading the email. This whole situation got a whole lot worse.

"What kind of language is that?" Blade asks from his position, "I've never heard it."

"Gnommish." I respond, backing out of the emails and going through Lewis' files.

"Gnom what?"

"Fairy language."

"They have their own language?"

"Yes." I answer now looking over a particular thing.

"Then why does Holly speak English?"

"She uses her gift of tongues." I scan over the little figures on the screen.

"Interesting."

"Interesting indeed." I murmur. Files and files on this computer contained Gnommish, but none of it was decoded.

He must not know how to decode it yet. I think downloading the information onto the flash drive.

I take out the flash drive and plug the other one in, putting the virus into the computer.

I stand up and walk past Blade. "Done."

He doesn't say anything and strides past me and into the mass of people at the party.

I get the impression he isn't that fond of me.

I spot Athena giggling at something some boy said to her. I could only assume this was Drew. He had messy black hair and dark brown eyes, that were looking Athena up and down greedily.

I narrow my eyes at the pair and feel a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Athena makes eye contact with me and something flashes through her eyes. She smiles at Drew and leans up and kisses him on the cheek. He smirks and wraps an arm around her and leans in.

Before I know it I'm storming through the crowd and towards them. Once I reach her and Drew I grab her wrist and yank her behind me, keeping a firm grip on her as I glare heatedly at the startled Drew.

"Artemis, what are you doing?" Athena hisses behind me.

I ignore the raging girl behind me. "Don't touch her."