Chapter 25

Is it bad that I almost immediately thought of Artemis when I saw this pic??

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

I watch Lewis slip out of his car and walk up to my home. He scans the area, making sure no one is around, and strolls inside my house.

"What are you up to?" I mutter as I walk out of my hiding spot. I jog up to the door and peak inside, making sure Lewis is in a different room. I slip inside and quietly shut the door behind me. I creep up the staircase and into Blade's, since it's the closest.

"Blade!" I whisper shout shaking his shoulder. He mumbles something then turns on his side away from me.

I sigh, "Fine. I'll guess I'll do this hard way."

I shove his shoulder hard enough to knock him off the bed with a thud. "Wake up Blade!" I whisper harshly.

He sits up with a groan. "What the hell Athena?!"

I duck down and cover his mouth with my hand, hissing, "Be quiet."

He glares at me and licks my hand. I bring back to my body like it has a disease. "Ugh." I wipe it on my shirt in disgust. "Grow up Blade."

"Not happening. Now, why am I awake?"

"Lewis is in the house."

His face pales. "You're joking."

"I'm afraid not."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Get everyone out. I'm not taking chances with Lewis." I instruct.

"What about you?" Blade asks concern filling his eyes.

"I'm distracting Lewis."

He frowns, "I can't let you do that alone, Athena."

"You can, and you will, Blade." I state sternly, "I can handle Lewis."

He sighs and leans forward, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Stay safe, princess." He mutters against my cheek. He stands up and walks out of the room and down the hall.

I slowly touch the area where Blade's lips just were. He's never kissed me before.

I slowly stand back up and sneak into the hallway and down the stairs. I glance in the living room and see no signs of Lewis. Wonder where he could be.

"Hello Athena."

Speak of the devil and he shall come. I think bitterly as I turn around to face Lewis. "Lewis. I say coldly.

"I'm surprised you made it out alive, my dear." He smirks at me, "You always did amaze me with your talents."

"I'm surprised your plan was as lame as it was." I retort, "I mean really Lewis, burning the building down? That's an all time low for you."

Lewis snarled, "Shut up you spoiled brat."

"I wouldn't classify myself as spoiled Lewis." I calmly reply with, "Everything I have, I worked hard for and earned after years of working." I smirk, "Brat, however, depends on the situation."

"Shut your pretty little mouth." He commands, taking a pistol from behind his back and aiming at me. "Unless you want this little bullet to go straight through your precious head."

I clamp my mouth shut. Death is not on my to-do list for today.

"Now, princess," He says in a taunting tone, "where is your fairy comrade?"