Chapter 2

{Rewritten}

I walked down the stairs to greet my grandparents. When I got to the bottom, I was crushed in a hug coming from my grandmother.

"My darling Athena," she gushed. "How have you been?"

"I've been just fine Grandmother," I answered her, hugging her back. "How about you?"

"Wonderful," she said with enthusiasm, her bright green eyes sparkling.

Also while we're on the topic of eyes, mine are quite unique. My icy blue eyes always contrasted with my parents warm chocolate brown ones. No one knows were I got my eyes; my grandparents both had green. I was always know as the Odd Gene child. I had brown hair while everyone else had black or blonde, my eyes were completely unique from anybody else's, and my face was perfectly clear of any freckles. Until Bella came along, she was basically a mini me. We are now both known as the Odd Gene children.

I pulled away from my grandmother's loving embrace, and turned to my grandfather. "Hello Grandfather."

"Hello Athena," he responded politely, patting my shoulder in an affectionate way.

"Boy," my grandmother snapped at Blade, "grab our bags from the car and put them away."

"Yes Ma'am," he said bowing his head and walked out to the car.

My grandparents weren't exactly the nicest when it came to "common" people, as they put it.

"Carla, can you show them their rooms?" I asked turning to my trusted bodyguard.

"Of course," she nodded her head at my grandparents. "Please, follow me." She lead them away, with her black dress swaying slightly and glimmering in the rooms lighting.

As she was leading my family away I went outside to go check on my best friend.

"Need any help?" I offered him when I got to him, tilting my head to the side, my brown stands of hair partially covering my face.

"I'm good Athena," he replied smiling warmly at me, the sunlight brightening his green eyes. "Plus, if your grandparents saw they would be disappointed."

I sighed. "I'm sorry about the way Grandmother treated you."

"It's fine Athena, I'm used to it by now. Go inside, now, before they see you."

I gave him a small smile, which he returned, and walked inside looking for Carla.

"You have to get the ballroom ready, and ask Blade to help you, I'm going to assume Grandfather invited a couple hundred people," I told her when I finally found her in the dining room. She had already partially prepared the room. The chandelier seemed to shine brighter, and everything just seemed to have a magical glow to it, thanks to her amazing cleaning skills.

"I will, but it will be hard with just Blade and me," she stated placing her hands on her hips, her blonde hair swaying slightly in its ponytail.

"I wish I could help you, but my grandparents wouldn't approve of it..." I got lost in thought, thinking of ways to make it easier on them.

"Have Blade tell Drew that I need a favor. He can assist the two of you and also be a waiter at the party, alongside Blade," I said to her sternly. Drew was Blade's other best friend. I honest to God hated the kid with a burning passion, because he was constantly flirting with me, but I could deal with it for one night. Hopefully.

"Are you sure?" she questioned a look of concern on her face. Not concern for me, but concerned that I would most likely have disposed of Drew in a not so lady-like way by the end of the evening.