Chapter 4

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

I wake up to the most annoying sound in the world, my alarm clock. I turn it off with a groan. I have to go shopping today with Grandmother and Mrs. Fowl. The two of them are very close, apparently my mom and Mrs. Fowl had been childhood friends. Kind of like Blade and me. I groan again.

Curse my bed for being so warm and comfy.

Suddenly I'm thrown off of my comfy bed and onto the floor.

I yelp and land on the ground with a grunt.

I look up to see a smiling Blade looking down at me.

"Rise and shine princess."

"Blade, that is the worst way to wake someone up, plus I was already awake. And what did I say about calling me a princess?" I stand up scowling at him.

He smirks, "Deal with it. Also you have to be ready in one hour." he then runs out of the room.

I swear to God I will murder him in the most painful way possible one of these days.

I sigh and walk over to my closet looking for a suitable outfit. I eventually decide on a white blouse with grey skinny jeans. And to top it all off black boots, that have slight heel to them, that barely go past my ankle.

I walk over to my vanity and start working on my long hair. Once it's all brushed out I put it into a high ponytail.

Once I'm done with my hair I put on some strawberry pink  lipstick. I decide I don't need blush today.

I walk downstairs to get something to eat before I leave. I walk into the kitchen to see Carla and Grandmother talking to each other in hushed voices. I only catch fragments of their conversation.

"Athena...never knew...magic...witch."

What are they talking about?

I clear my throat to alert them of my presence.

They both immediately shush up and look at me with completely innocent faces.

"Athena, how did you sleep?" Carla asks me sweetly, too sweetly.

"Very well, how about you?" I decide to push my suspicions away from my mind for now.

"Lovely." She answers. Her and Grandmother share a look then Carla walks out.

"How did you sleep Grandmother?" I question her, as I walk towards the fridge.

"Just lovely dear." She then walks out leaving the room.

Well, that was weird.

I open the fridge and grab a little carton of yogurt. I grab a spoon from one of the drawers wondering about what just occurred.

What were they talking about it? I know I heard my name and some other weird words, such as magic and witch. What could this mean?

I hear the doorbell ring jolting me from my thoughts. I'll have to think about this some other time.

I walk out of the kitchen into the foyer, where the main doors are located, and see Blade talking to Mrs. Fowl.

I walk up to them, "Blade, you may be excused."

He nods his head and walks away.

"That is quite the handsome boy you have there Athena." Mrs. Fowl says causing me to blush lightly.

"Blade and I are just friends." I state simply, "Please come in."

Just at that moment Grandmother walks in carrying her purse.

"Come on lets go have some fun." She declares eagerly grabbing my hand and leading me outside.

Shopping is not my idea of fun. I think bitterly.

Little did my grandmother know I absolutely hate shopping. I only do it for her.

Carla stands by the car holding the door open for us. After we are all in she gets into the driver's seat and asks, "So where to ladies?"

"Manhattan Mall, please." Grandmother states. Carla nods her head and starts driving the right way.

"A mall?" I question Grandmother, "Usually we go to a fancy boutique."

"I want to try something new." She says smiling.

Who are you, and what have you done with my grandmother?

~~~~~~~~

I throw myself on my bed groaning. That was one long day.

I look over at my laptop and notice I have an email.

Who could that be from?

Very few people know my email, only Carla and Blade.

I walk over to it and sit down at my desk.

It's from a unknown person.

My curiosity takes over, and I open the email.

Miss Murray,

You don't know who I am, but I know who you are. Lavender and Eric Murray's firstborn daughter. I know you have the highest IQ in North America. I also know about the risky business you are part of. But that's not important to you is it? You only do it for you brother and sister, don't you? You don't care who you hurt or kill to get what you want. Just like your father. You also made a grave mistake, just like him. Your father and me used to be business partners. But then he betrayed me, killing my family. I swore one day I would get revenge, but he died before I could do that. So I'll target the next best thing, you. I have something of yours that you have been missing for two years now. Do everything I ask of you and they will return to you safely. if you disobey the punishment will be their lives. I'll send you your first job tomorrow. Don't disappoint me Athena.

I gasp. At the bottom of the email is a picture of two people I thought I never see again.

My brother and sister.

They are bruised and bloody and they look like they are crying.

I jump up from my seat and start walking backwards muttering, "No, that's impossible."

When my back hits the wall I'm still looking at the picture. I sink to the floor and start crying.

I can't tell if they are tears of sadness, happiness, or anger.

I'm sad because my brother and sister are hurt.

I'm happy because I now know they are alive.

I'm angry because whoever this person is has kept them from me and hurt them.

Don't worry Bella and Phillip I'll save you, and kill anyone who gets in my way.