Chapter 10

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

I sit down on the sofa that's across from Blade, and Artemis follows my lead. I can tell that Blade is glaring daggers at Artemis.

I shoot him a stern look and say, "Be civil Blade."

He looks up at me when I call his name, he grumbles under his breath and I can just barely make out a 'Fine'.

"Thank you Blade." I sigh out, pinching the bridge of my nose.

Blade shifts in his spot, "What's the plan princess?"

I scowl at him, "What have I said about that nickname?"

"I heard what you said, I just chose to ignore it."

I roll my eyes, "The plan is for me to follow this person's exact instructions. I'll do this for a while till I can gain their trust. Once they trust me I can get them to have a meeting with me, which will end with their death."

"So what exactly is your next set of instructions?" Carla asks.

"I don't quite know yet, they haven't sent me another message yet." I look at my laptop, that I had set up in the room, praying it will do something.

And of course that's when it actually does something. It lets out a 'ding'. I quickly grab it and open the new email I just received.

Miss Murray,

Congratulations, your brother and sister are one step closer to freedom. Follow my directions and they will be even closer. I've heard that you are amazing with a gun, so I need you to take someone out. Collin Miller. At exactly 2:30 tomorrow afternoon he will exit his house to leave for a meeting. I need you to make sure he's dead before that meeting. His address is 3045 West Street. Don't fail me now Athena.

I bite my lip, this one is harder than the last. Killing someone is way different then stealing some diamond.

"What does it say?" Blade asks impatiently.

"To sum it up I'm going to have to kill someone." I answer closing my laptop.

He pales, "Oh." He softly says.

Carla's eyes widen, "Kill someone?! Athena you can't actually be thinking about doing this."

"I'm not thinking about it, my decision was was made the minute I started reading." I answer standing up, "If I have to kill someone to get my brother and sister closer to freedom then I will."

She sighs and exits the room. Blade walks over to me and gives me a pat on the shoulder than also leaves the room.

"Come on Artemis," I start walking out, "you can sleep in a spare bedroom."

Carla sticks her head back in the doorway, "By the way, Athena, your grandparents left this afternoon while you were out."

I nod my head, "Thank you Carla."

I continue walking with Artemis walking beside me. I lead him down the hall towards a wooden door.

"You can stay in here for the time being." I point towards the door that is right across from it, "That is my room, if you need something come to me." I then point to the ceiling, "And don't even think of escaping I have cameras all around the house. I'll bring you some clothes to sleep in a minute."

I open the door and gesture inside, "Make yourself at home."

He walks inside and I close the door behind him. I walk back towards the way I came, towards Blade's room. I slowly open the door and step in.

"Blade, put a shirt on." I calmly say.

He whips around, "Jesus Athena! Don't do that to me!"

I glance down at his chest then look back up at his green eyes, "Just put a shirt on."

"Why? Am I distracting you?" He smirks.

"No, I'm disgusted."

He huffs and puts on a gray T-shirt. He puts his hands on his hips, "Satisfied?"

"Not yet." I answer as I open his closet and start browsing through his clothing.

"Um, what are you doing?" I hear him question behind me.

"Getting some clothes for Artemis." I answer as I turn around with multiple shirts and pants in my arms.

"I didn't agree to this."

"I don't need your agreement I'm doing it anyways. He needs clothes and you are the only other boy in this house." I reply.

I walk past him and out the door, "Deal with it." I call out over my shoulder.

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

I sit on the king sized bed as I patiently wait for Athena to come back.

Athena is unlike any other person I've ever met. She's poised and elegant, but she can be cruel and harsh if she wants to be. She cool, calm, and collected, but something tells me it's not hard to get her mad. And I have a feeling she has a fiery temper.

A knock on the door jerks me away from my thoughts. I stand up and swing open the door to reveal Athena carrying a bundle of clothes.

She walks in without saying a word and puts the clothes in the closet, that is on the right of the bed.

"Sorry that the clothes aren't exactly the nicest." She says as she works, "Blade doesn't believe in wearing nicer clothes. Maybe I can take you out shopping sometime this week."

"Why are you acting so nice?" I ask her.

"We're partners now." She answers simply, "And I really wanted to be your friend, but stuff happened."

She turns around smiling sadly, "I really didn't want to take you, I hope someday you can forgive me for all of this."

What she does next leaves me shocked. She walks up to me and kisses my cheek and mumbles, "I'm really truly sorry for all of this Artemis." She then walks out the door, shutting it behind her.

For once in my life I'm totally speechless. I gingerly touch the spot where her soft lips had just been. I can feel my face starting to heat up.

Why would she do that? I mentally question myself.

I a stand there a minute longer, thinking about her. How her blue eyes always seem to sparkle and how soft her lips were...

Stop it Artemis! I scold myself It's just a girl, who is kidnapping you!

I let out a long sigh and start getting ready for bed.

Athena may be the death of me.