Chapter 16

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

"Holly, I need to talk to you, privately." Foaly says gesturing towards a door across the room.

"Why do you ne-"

"Now Holly." He says sternly, already walking towards the door. Holly huffs, clearly agitated, and reluctantly follows him out the door, closing it behind them.

Artemis sighs out, "Why doesn't he want me?" he mutters, frustrated.

"Why are me and Blade tied up?" I question, flexing my hands.

"You're unpredictable." Artemis answers, "Especially you Athena."

I hum, "Let us out."

"No."

"It wasn't a question, Artemis." I say in a deadly tone, "Let. Us. Out."

"And what makes you think you can order me around?" Artemis states, crossing his arms, and glaring at me.

"She thinks she can order anybody around." Blade mutters, loud enough for us to hear.

Artemis and I turn to glare at Blade, "Stay out of this Blade." we say at the same time.

We look at each other, surprise written all over our faces.

"Match made in Heaven..."

"Blade!" We shout, again, at the same time.

He shuts his mouth with a triumphant smirk plastered on his face.

I let out a breath, "Artemis. I promise I won't hurt you. Just let me out."

Artemis looked like he was actually considering it. But to my disappointment he just shakes his head, "I'm not stupid, Athena."

"No you aren't." I say, "Far from it actually. So you should know by now, when I say something, I stick to my word. I won't hurt you." I repeat slowly.

"That is true." He admits, "But how am I supposed to know he," he points a finger at Blade, "won't hurt me."

"Then only free me." I say. Finally, I'm getting somewhere with him.

"What?!" Blade exclaims, "I thought we were friends."

I give him a stern gaze, and he instantly shuts up.

I love being feared.

Artemis walks over to a control panel next to my chair. He starts pressing buttons, muttering, "I'm going to regret this."

"No you aren't, Artemis. I gave you my word." I whisper gently.

He turns his head to look at me, and we are very close. He had been bent down a little to reach the panel, making us eye to eye.

"Athena..." He whispers, meeting my eyes head on with his pale blue ones.

"Yes, Artemis?" I murmur back.

"Don't betray me."

"I didn't plan on it."

The soft click of my restraints breaks our eye contact. He leans away and I slowly stand up, rubbing my wrists.

"Thank you Artemis." I say, "Thank you for trusting me."

He sighs out. I pat his shoulder, "You made the right decision."

"I know I'm supposed to keep quiet and all, but I really thought you two were going to kiss."

I put my head in my hands. "Blade, do me a favor and keep your mouth shut." I say, my words slightly muffled, due to my face in my hands.

Artemis rolls his eyes, "It would be doing me a favor, as well."

I smile at him and he smiles back.

"And now you two are ganging up on me."

"It was bound to happen." Artemis states with a smirk.

"I completely agree with Artemis." I say also smirking at Blade.

Quickly, the door Foaly and Holly went through, opens, both of them walking out.

"Why is she out?!"

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

"Holly calm down." I state slowly and carefully, "She isn't going to hurt us."

Athena nods her head, "I just want answers and freedom. I have stuff to get done."

"Well, you're helping us first." Foaly says, "But first we need to figure out your powers."

"What am I helping with?" Athena questions,  raising an eyebrow.

"We don't know the name of the person. All we do know is that they are threatening our existence and have two hostages, which I believe to be human." Foaly states walking over to a big computer, and tapping away on the keys on it.

"How old are the hostages?" I ask walking over to stand next to him.

"If I had to make an assumption, I would say five years old." He answers.

Athena pales, "Do you possibly have a picture of the hostages?"

"Yes I do." Foaly replies pulling up a picture.

I walk forward along with Athena studying the picture. Two children are in the picture. A little boy stands in front of a little girl, in a protecting manner; his dark brown eyes glaring at the camera. The little girl's icy blue eyes are full of panic and fear, as she stares at the camera.

Poor things. I think to myself. They only look to be about Myles and Beckett's age.

Athena stumbles backwards covering her mouth with her hand. I turn to her, "Are you alright Athena?"

"It can't be..." I look at Blade when he mumbles this.

"Bella and Phillip..." Athena says barely audible.

I turn my gaze back the picture. Now that I look at more I realize the little girl is an exact replica of Athena. The cold blue eyes, the dark brown hair, that's pulled back in a pony tail. The boy has the exact same color hair, only he has dark brown eyes.

"They are you little brother and sister?" I ask, once again looking at Athena.

She nods her head slowly, and walks back up to the photo, standing next to me.

Her gaze turns harsh, "I swear if they are hurt, in the least bit..."

"As far as I know, they only have a few scratches and bruises." Foaly says, also looking at the photo.

"I'll help you." Athena says looking at Foaly then Holly, "This was the work I was doing before: freeing my siblings. I do anything that you want, as long as they are set free."

Foaly nods his head, smiling big, "Now to the best part: Athena's witch powers."