Chapter 6

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

I watch Blade's retreating back as he walks to the bathroom. That was his part of the plan. He would "go to the bathroom" which happened to be right by the security room. He was supposed to take out the guard or guards in there and make sure I was safe as I did my thing. Which is now coming up.

I shuffle around in the little backpack I brought that was full of normal teenage girl stuff. Lip gloss, mascara, phone, money, Starbucks gift cards, you know, the usual. I pull out a tube of lip gloss. Except this wasn't actually lip gloss, instead it was a smoke bomb. I unscrew the cap, looking around making sure no one is watching, and put it in the floor. I give it a little nudge with my foot so it starts rolling to the center of the room. When the little tube reaches its destination it release some gas. I quickly cover my mouth with a handkerchief I brought with me. I hear people gasp, but then they fall over, passed out.

Once the gas has cleared I uncover my mouth and stand up. I glance around the room making sure everybody is sound asleep. As I walk through the room I nudge people with my foot, double-checking that they are out. Once satisfied I walk over to the security room where Blade is.

I walk in to see all the computer screens wink out and go pitch black, one by one.

"Nice job Blade, it seems you haven't lost your touch." I comment making him jump.

"God, Athena, don't do that." He says glaring at me.

"It's not my fault that I'm naturally stealthy." I reply smirking.

He sighs, "Lets get this over with."

"I couldn't agree more."

We then both walk out towards the vaults. We stop in front of a big and intimidating door. I look and see a keypad with numbers on it. I smirk Too easy, the least they can do is give me a challenge.

I pull out a cord from my bag and plug it into my phone. I then proceed to plug the other end into the keypad. Blade watches me as I type some numbers into my phone. Seconds later a green light on the keypad flashes on, and the door make a click noise, signaling that it's unlocked.

I smirk and walk through the doors with Blade on my heels. I walk into a hallway, and walk by the vaults reading off the names.

"Rachel...Randy...Robinson!" I exclaim the last part as I stop in front of a vault.

I look a the lock, I need a security card.

"Blade," His head snaps up," I need you to go get a security card from one of the guards."

He nods his head and dashes away.

A minute later he runs back in holding a card. He hands it to me smiling, "You would think he would hide it somewhere, but no, it was right in his pocket." he lets out a little laugh.

"Thank you Blade." I take the card from him and swipe it across the lock, a light flashes green, and the door swings open.

I confidently walk into the vault looking for the pink diamond known as the Pink Star.

I find it tucked away in a little corner, that was hidden from prying eyes. But not my eyes I think to myself smirking. I pick up the diamond. It truly was beautiful. Every inch sparkled in the light of the room, casting a pinkish glow on my face. I examine every inch of it thoroughly, I have to make sure it's not a fake. After my examination I gently set it in my bag, and walk out.

"Did you get it?" Blade questions me as I walk out.

I don't say anything and open the bag. He looks inside and his eyes widen, "Wow." He says softly.

I close the bag saying, "Come on let's go, before everybody wakes up again."

He nods his head and leads the way out of the hallway.

When we get back the main room, we both stop dead in our tracks.

Why you may ask? Well because there was someone waiting for us in that room. And he was glaring at us with his cold, blue eyes.

~~~Artemis' P.O.V.~~~

I wake up and look around the room I'm in.

What happened? Why did I pass out?

That's when it all hit me.

I had been waiting in line when a tube had rolled across the floor and stopped right in front me. I had barely enough time to think Well that's interesting before passing out.

I'm assuming that tube had some kind of gas in it, making everyone in the room pass out.

But who rolled the tube? Are they still here? Or did they leave?

I look around the room once more, taking note that everybody is still passed out. I wonder why I woke up before everybody else did. Oh, it was probably because of my tampering with magic.

Then I hear footsteps coming from my left. I turn in that direction and stare at a door, that was locked before I passed out. Two people emerge from the door. They looked to be about my age. One was a boy who was looking around the room. The second was a girl who held a bag in her hand. She looks really familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen her before.

Both of them freeze when they see me, glaring at them. The boy glares right back at me and starts walking forward. Until the girl puts her hand on his chest making him stop. She gives him a look before stepping forward, towards me. I swear I've seen those blue eyes before. I'm annoyed at myself for not knowing who the girl is.

She stops walking a foot in front of me. And that's when I recognize her.

"Athena?" I say quietly looking at her shocked.

I see recognition flash through her eyes before she silently says, "Artemis?"

I study her some more. She wasn't dressed like she was last night. To be honest, she looked like a normal teenage girl. She wore a black baseball cap on her head, that was turned backward. She wore a T-shirt that said 'Breaking News: I Don't Care' and skinny jeans with black converse.

She takes a few steps closer worry and confusion on her face. We are really close together now. Too close for my liking. But before I can take a step back I feel a horrible pain on the left side of my head, then everything goes black.