Chapter 13

~~~Athena's P.O.V.~~~

"Okay. This is probably the most obvious question: what are you exactly?"

"I don't trust you enough to tell you." Holly answers, "I don't care how much Artemis trusts you, I won't tell you."

I nod my head in understanding, "Understandable. Just curious."

"What does the term 'Mud Girl' mean?" I inquire propping my chin in my hands.

"It's a word my people use to describe your people."

"My people? As in humans?" I question raising an eyebrow.

She nods her head. "Interesting..." I murmur. I continue my interrogation, "Whats your full name?"

"Holly Short."

I smirk slightly, "That's a very fitting name."

She rolls her eyes.

"Oh, by the way you can get off the table you aren't strapped on." I state giving her my signature smirk.

She suddenly sits up looking up and down her body, "I assumed..."

I shrug my shoulders, "I know you aren't getting out of this room, so I might as well let you have some freedom."

She pats down her body, "Where's my gun?"

I let out a laugh, "Did you really think I would let you keep your gun? What do you take me as? A newbie? I have it locked away somewhere. And I might say that is quite the gun."

She rolls her eyes, "I actually did. I mean how old are you? 12? 13?"

"16." I answer through gritted teeth.

She shrugs her shoulders, "Close enough." she hops down from the table and starts pacing the room.

I stand up as well and grab a notebook and pencil, recording the questions she's already answered. "I've already asked Artemis this question, but I want your opinion: why are you two so close?"

She glances at Artemis for a quick second then replies, "Lets just say we've been through a lot together."

"Hm, he basically said the same thing." I mutter scribbling the information down. "If you don't mind me asking: what exactly did you guys go through?"

"Classified information."

I turn to Artemis and stare at him intently, "Anything you would like to share Artemis?"

"Like Holly said: classified information."

I tap my pencil against the paper, "How disappointing." I sit down in the chair I was just in looking over everything. "Thank you Holly this is plenty of information."

"What do you mean? You didn't figure out what I am." Holly asks looking puzzled.

"I have assumptions Holly. That I would like to run by you. If that's alright?" I ask putting the notebook down and crossing my legs together.

She smirks, "Sure Mud Girl. I would love to see you try."

"Well to start off I know you're some kind of mythical creature. Your ears and body structure are a dead giveaway." I pause collecting my thoughts, "I'm 75% sure that you are a fairy. Shall I continue?"

Holly seems paler and her mouth is slightly agape in surprise.

I smirk, "I guess I'll take that as a yes. I know there are different types of fairies such as pixies and sprites, thanks to my siblings. I'm 55% sure that you are an elf. Correct me if I'm wrong."